The Deal
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     A few days after our first meeting I found myself sitting in the back of a blacked-out SUV, the driver parked along the road so we can have a good look at the parking lot the deal was going down in. We showed up early and sent out a group to scout the surrounding area to make sure there were no hostile threats, when it was safe my men stood at different fixed spots in the parking lot. I watch as they scan the area one more time, keeping their rifles ready, making sure it was safe one of the men spoke into a mic that was sewn into the cuff of his shirt, after a few minutes an expensive looking luxury car pulled in and parked. I could feel anger and nervousness tumble through me, I couldn't do anything right but sit back and watch. If the humans saw me, they'd kill my mate and her friends; but I couldn't stay back so that's how I found myself in the back of one of the convoys SUVs. I watched as a large, balding, white man emerge from the luxury car; the clothes he wore looked as ridiculously overpriced as the man's car.

     I watch as he lazily leans against his car looking expectantly at the forest in front of him, I watched the watch face on my wrist and grumbled impatiently. The humans with my mate were late and I was already on edge "You need to calm down Bibi, you will only put them in danger if you can't calm down." I heard James through our mind link. I let out a long-exasperated sigh and try to center myself, James was trying to calm down by calling Bibi a nickname he gave me when we were children. I let myself smile softly at the thought before turning my attention back to the parking lot and the fat man, my attention focusing on the trees. I could almost feel Rose's presence so I let out a sigh, they would be here soon; before I can finish my thought, I see the first human soldier walk through the thicket of trees. I almost lose it when I see the wolf shifter skull the human wears to hide their face, if they we're trying to lure me out by overly pissing me off it was working. I dig my claws into the arm rest of the SUV as I watch a small army of humans wearing different shifter skulls as helmets emerge from the tree line, the only thing keeping me from losing it was the thought of getting to rip the balding man's throat out soon.

     Finally, I see a larger man with the same military buzz cut that Rose and Anti have, he didn't bother to cover his face. I study his features committing them to memory; he had blazing orange hair that reminded me of the sun, had to be taller than 6ft and he carried himself confidently with an air of arrogance. He holds the end of a handful of leashes that lead to the trees, giving it a yank I watched as the first hooded figure stumble out of the tree line. All of them had hoods over their heads and wrist bound in front of them they were being led by the orange haired man, I could tell Rose was at the front by the extra cuffs that were around her wrist and ankles. "Bibi, you're losing it and if you lose it, they will die. I will keep watch on them you need to sort yourself out" James says in the mind link. I look down and realize I have almost torn the whole armrest from the door, I force my hand to let go and I tear my eyes away from the deal going on outside. I close my eyes, taking deep breaths trying to calm down, one of my men standing next to the balding man flipped on a recorder we had hidden in his rifle.

     "Ah my dear friend, it has been too long since we've seen each other. Next time maybe we can do this without the formalities." the balding man says waving his hand around at the soldiers. The other man chuckles "You are correct old friend it has been too long, how about we set up a lunch in a week so you can fill me in on how these mutts are behaving for you. You're paying of course." the man with orange hair replies causing the bald man to let out a hardy laugh. "Oh, General you amuse me have you not taken enough of my money today? Shouldn't you be treating me for lining your pockets so handsomely, but I concede I will buy you lunch next week I'll have my secretary contact yours. Can't trust mutts with such an important matter." the balding man said. The orange haired man called the General study the balding man for a long time, like he was looking for any sign of deception but after a minute, he gave the man a business smile. "You know Tristan if it weren't for the fact you've been itching to buy this group for years. I'd think you were trying to deceive me or even have me ambushed." the man nods to the forest and even more human soldiers emerge from the woods surrounding the parking lot. My men tense slightly but don't move. "But I trust you would understand how foolish that was." the orange haired man says in a threating whisper.

     "Oh, come now General please don't tell me you are that self-conscious about your dick being so small. Have I ever been anything but a loyal customer of yours, they will complete my collection. If you really need them, I will always be willing to lend them back" Tristan says calmly. The General lets out a loud laugh before patting Tristan on the shoulder "You really haven't changed old friend; you are right next time lets meet somewhere nice and catch up." the general says. The men make some other small chit-chat, the human soldier that emerged from the woods trickle through my men scattered through the parking lot, like they were tempting them to make a move before disappearing into the trees behind the general. When only the group that came with the general remained, the man handed the leashes and a controller device to Tristan. "Enjoy I know how much you have looked forward to this day, I shall see you next week then." The general says. The men shake hands exchange a few more verbal jabs at each other before the general finally heads back into the trees taking the remaining soldiers with him. Tristan watches for a minute before yanking on the leashes attached to the group of shifters, I let out a growl as I watch, the man was going to meet the repercussions of his actions soon and I would be the one to deliver. I watch as my man with the recording device shuts it off, Tristan turns and hands him the leashes "Escort my new pets to their rides please, oh and make sure they aren't late getting home." he says strutting off to his luxury car.

     I keep calm as my man brings the others to the SUV, he moves so Tristan can't see him help the group of shifters in the car. I make sure Rose is sitting next to me, before helping the others get seated before the door is shut and my man gets in the front seat. "You did very good today, Rory you have served our people and me exceptionally today." I say, I can tell that Rory has to fight a smile. He clears his throat before looking at me "Don't thank me yet your highness, we're only halfway done." He looks over as the luxury car pulls from the parking lot, our driver following behind. The rest of Tristans mercenaries and my men posing as mercenaries fall back into other SUVs waiting, they follow behind creating a convoy. I pull everyone's hoods off; I see red and almost completely shift when I see the condition my mate is in. Her whole face is bruised, there is very few white spots poking out from under the purples, blues, browns and greens of bruising; her lip has a scab from being busted open and butterfly stitches hold a gash on her cheek together. She doesn't seemed bother as she smiles her busted lip cracking slightly causing it to bleed a little "Told you this was going to work." she says rather smugly. "Don't go celebrating to soon Rose we don't have the controller yet." the only other male of her group says.

1