Hunting Partners
1 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Matt, get your lazy ass up," my father's harsh voice jolts me awake. Rubbing my eyes, I find him glaring from the doorway. "Take out the garbage." With a grunt, he retreats, leaving me to face the day.

I glance at my arm, dried blood staining my skin. Guess I'll have to clean up this mess now.

Dragging myself out of bed, I trudge to the bathroom. Wet paper towels scrub away the evidence, but I can't be bothered to bandage it up. Infection? I couldn't care less.

Upstairs, I dodge my dad's presence as I haul the garbage to the curb. "Yo, Matt!" Tyson's voice interrupts my escape, accompanied by a stranger. "Want to join us for a hunt? It's gonna be epic." Anything to avoid staying cooped up in this house all day. "Sure, I'm in."

Following Tyson to his car, I do my best to avoid eye contact with the newcomer. "I'm Neil, by the way. Nice to meet you." He extends his hand for a handshake, and I oblige. "Matthias, but call me Matt." A nod of acknowledgment, and we pile into Tyson's car.

Gazing out the window during the drive, I try to ignore the throbbing pain in my wrist. "Ready to bag a buck, Matt?" Neil's question breaks through my thoughts. "Yeah, can't wait," I mumble, returning to my silent contemplation as we venture into the countryside.

1