Chapter 1: The Exception to Existence
41 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark place full of white orbs, the realm beyond existence, a girl made of darkness and empty space formed despite nothing being allowed to exist here. Opening her eyes, She realized her existence was an error, an exception to the rules of the universe.

"Why do I exist? Who am I? Where am I?"

Her body flickered, as she questioned her purpose, her resolve shaky.

"NO! I won't just die that easily. I will prove to the universe that I should exist!"

She clenched her fist and grabbed the nearest floating orb, entering the small world where humans could become gods.

***

Welcome to the World of Ascension, Now linking the system...
Error, Existence is an anomaly, linking unsuccessful.
Heavenly Host [Flame that burns till eternity ends] has taken interest in you, System link established
Name: ??? Race: Unknown Class: N/A
Alignment: True Neutral Karma: 0 Infamy: 0
Existence: Error Rank: 1 Till next Rank: 100 SP
Heavenly Host [Mother of All] Has named you her Daughter. Name has been changed to Abbadon
Name: Abbadon Race: Unknown Class: N/A
Alignment: True Neutral Karma: 0 Infamy: 0
Existence: Error Rank: 1 Till next Rank: 100 SP
Heavenly Host [Scholar of the World] Has discovered you. Race name changed to Black Maiden
Name: Abbadon Race: Black Maiden Class: N/A
Alignment: True Neutral Karma: 0 Infamy: 0
Existence: Error Rank: 1 Till next Rank: 100 SP
Heavenly Host [Lord of Snow, Wind, Rain, and Flame] has noticed you. You have been named an evil existence by humanity.

"I knew this would happen to me instinctively, but do I listen to my instincts? Nope."

Sitting on the ground of a forest I had appeared in I noticed my system was different from the one the world was normally using, likely due to my abnormal existence. Being both in a state of non existence and existing can really screw over your plans. I don't really have any abilities as just an abnormal existence, I mean if I touch something with the intent to kill I can make them stop existing and I have no aura so that works.

But other than that I can't defend myself, even if I can't truly die instead I'll just be removed from the world. Walking for the first time, it took me a while to get used to my legs, I had just been born after all, I'm only working with the knowledge I was granted when I came into being. My right hand was like that of a human, but my left was completely black and had claws longer than my forearm.

My body was similar to a girl of 17 but was definitely still maturing in certain areas, and I had a long black tail that had not important features and resembled a black whip of sorts. Two black horns grew from my head, but I knew that I was still considered young for something like me, even if the universe didn't. My black eyes scanned the surrounding area, as I looked for evidence of civilization.

Heavenly Host [The Jester who dances through Time] has noticed your weakness and has granted you the power to control his attribute, Time, in limited amounts.

"Oh well that solves the problem of having no real abilities, but not the problem of a place to stay."

Heavenly Host [The Explorer who defied Death] Has decided to help you, the nearest town is to the east.

"Will these guys ever leave me alone?"

Heavenly Host [Laughing Shapeshifter] has responded. "Likely no, but we are interested in your existence, Black Maiden"

My intuition tells me that this Laughing Shapeshifter wasn't lying, likely he was some sort of trickster god who was known for lying but this time told the truth. But we had something in common, both of us had shifting forms, mine was just even more unstable than his or hers or its, I don't know.

"Well Off to the town even if I am supposed to be evil."

3