The Royal Court
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the lavish banquet hall, Princess Azura was the first to be recognized by the crowd of nobles. Her long moonlight hair that almost reached her cabs, her beautiful pearl coloured eyes and the black lace dress she was wearing was in contrast with her pale skin. 

She walked side by side with the other imperial family. Her elegance was shown by the way she walked and the way she kept herself. Everyone knew her as the flower of the empire.

After reaching the end of the hall where there were two thrones placed together. Her parents sat on them and she bowed gracefully. "Father, Mother." she says in a soft but elegant tone.

"Princess, you may go mingle with your pairs." her father the emperor says to her. 

Azura turns to the excited crowd awaiting her to come. Azura with a deep sigh walks down the three steps that leads to the center of the hall and men immediately swamped her. "Princess, may I have this dance?"

"Princess, will you become my bride?" They continued non-stop. 

"I will not wed anyone, or dance with someone of lower status than a duke or prince, and frankly there's no such here." Her voice carried a sense of independence and etiquette. 

All the men back off with sadden faces but she couldn't care less. Ever since she has been of age to get married, marriage requests keep coming in without stop, and she has to read through all or else that will be a disrespect to the person's house and the emperor. 

"What is even the big thing about the princess?" A girl questions another girl. 

"Princess Azura, is said to be the only girl in history to be set as next in line and nobody can take that away from her. She exceeds the quality of a mere noble lady and nobleman, she is skilled at using magic and topped her days at the royal academy. Not even the lost prince can reach the level much less scrap the level she's on." 

"I guess she's really good then?"

"No, she's awesome." 

Azura from the corner of her eyes sees a man dressed in knights wear. Her eyes lit up as she waltz over. "Commander, Elic." She calls out. 

The man flips his head into her direction and stops right in his trackers and faces her. "Yes, your majesty?" the man bowed. His hair was brown and he was buff. 

"How are the west territory's water damage going?" she ask. 

"They are going fine, we fixed the polluted water with the help of the mage tower. It took a few tries but thanks to your help we got through everything." He smiles. 

She smiles back. "No problem." He walks away leaving her and the man sees that and rushes back over again. 

Later on, finally being able to escape, she wandered outside into the gardens. The nice cold air breezes over her making her relax a bit. 

The banquet is quite packed today, without a doubt. And as always my parents threw a banquet for the smallest of achievements. However now that I'm out here I could explore the forbidden forest for the first time in forever. 

0