Interlude 1 – To Return to those Loving Days
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey… Elsie? Why do you… love me?”

Rosa looked up towards the woman she leaned against, pulling her legs close to her chest as she sat.

Immediately, Elsie perked up a bit, glancing down towards Rosa with her eyebrows lowered in concern. She questioned softly, almost in a whisper, “Everything okay…?”

“Yeah, “ Her gaze  faltered, cozying up a tad closer to the blonde woman as her head rested against her shoulder, "I just-- I... you know I overthink and-- I..."

She bit her bottom lip, pausing for a few seconds as she struggled to get out any words. However, before she could truly say anything substantial, she felt Elsie's hand rise from her thigh, slowly wrapping around Rosa's waist. Her body shivered lightly as her face turned red, her own hand moving to hold the arm that had been put around her.

"I could go on and on about everything I love about ya, if ya want. We'd be here for a couple hours, though... "

She paused, and then giggled quietly, squeezing Rosa gently.

As Elsie spoke, she lifted her hand, gently holding a strand of Rosa's hair and twirling it around her finger. "I think you're really pretty, for one."

Rosa huffed as she looked back up, lighting hitting her upon the head, "You know that's not what I mean, Elsie!" She frowned a little as her grip tightened on Elsie's arm.

"Sorry, sorry, I couldn’t help myself...! Not that you aren't pretty-- but it's not the reason I love you. Just... a bonus."

Elsie's other arm moved so she was fully holding Rosa.

"I don't really have a good way of putting this into words... But... when I'm with you, I just feel... happy. I dunno... I've never loved anyone except for you."

She leaned in, kissing Rosa's forehead.

"That's why I love you. Not for some complex, specific reason... just... because I do."

As she felt the kiss against her forehead, Rosa’s grip loosened and a soft smile spread across her lips. She leaned in, planting her own kiss on Elsie's lips, snuggling in close, "... ehe... you always say the perfect thing, Elsie..." A soft, almost purr-like noise escaped Rosa, "... so… thank you... I love you too. So much..."

"Mm... you're welcome..." Her eyes closed, and she squeezed Rosa a bit tighter. She could have stayed like that for hours. "... I'm yours. Forever."

Rosa smiled at the words, leaning into her as she wrapped her arms around her neck, "And I'm yours... forever."

 

With this short interlude, part 1 of this series is done. This section introduced many of the major concepts and characters, and set up what the story will be like from now on. It'll focus mainly on Rosa as usual, with chapters focused mainly on Elsie coming up every so often. There'll also be some focused on certain other characters who wouldn't show up naturally through the main two perspectives. 

Either way, I hope you've all enjoyed reading thus far! Chapter 12 will be released next Friday on the usual schedule.

2