Chapter 7
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Starting the fight as soon as the bell signaled us, Derak instantly started jogging to me.

He must be conserving his stamina, not bad. 

To counter his slow movement, I sent a small ice shard at him to catch him off guard as I started running to him.

He was momentarily stunned and caught the ice shard to his chest with a loud grunt.

As that happened I was already 90% of the way to him, so when he leaned forward to continue running, he caught my fist to his face!

He stagger and slid back a bit and glared at me before running back at me. 

I dodge as he began to punch at me, his hand hitting air as I was just a step faster then him currently.

"Stop holding back derak, or you will get embarrassed when I knock you out." I said, baiting him.

I know he should be faster, and I was holding back alot as well. 

I wouldn't show some of my strength until he showed some of his.

After dodging for a while, I began to punch at him, slowly, then slightly faster and faster until the last one caught him in the jaw and he was sent to his back a good 5 feet away.

If he doesn't stop holding back, this is going to be far to easy, I had already embarrassed him, but a defeat would be much better! 

Staggering to get up, he stuck his hands out to the side and was casting a spell.

Showing some overconfidence while casting it, I decided to saunter up to him slowly.

After a bit, he finished the spell and all around his body seemed to glow with a slight bubble forming around him.

"A shield spell, very nice work! Wish I had one!"

"How do you know what this is? You should have that knowledge!" He shouted, and I didn't realize this wasn't a common thing. 

I just shrugged at him but he then put his hands in front of him, pointing at me.

Looks like its a magic off, I backed up a little and began to construct a good spell to hit him with.

Just a slightly condensed lightning so it would stun him and travel very fast.

After a moment I see he is nearly done, and so was I. 

Let us see who is the best now derak!

I released my spell toward him, instantly it arrived and pushed his spell out of the way, as he had cast a weak firebolt. 

It continued on after that landing on his shield spell before the shield shattered and it went to him.

His eyes went wide, and the next instant my spell faded, showing a golf ball sized hole going through deraks upper chest and the fence behind him.

Me and Derak froze for a long moment, he stared down at the hole in his chest where the spell landed, and then collapsed onto the floor.

I didn't know what to do so I opened the door behind me and gestured to Derak, "Somebody do something!"

Four people rushed into the arena, the first two passed by me and headed for derak, the other two tackled me to the ground and put my hands behind my back and into zip ties.

After they were working on Derak and I was secured, they took my out of the arena and to the elevator where two more guards met us and all 5 of us stepped into the elevator and started going up.

After a while we arrived at a floor and as we stepped out I could see we were on floor 10, the judicial floor.

Leading me over to a door, they opened it and lead me to a cell to wait.

Just before the doors were going to be closed, they sent in someone to explain that there would be a Starter hearing in a little after treatment is done for the other party, but while I wait, was there any damage to yourself that needs assistance?

After shaking my head, the first person left, and the second person stepped up as asked for any Magic items, Weapons or contraband before I was searched to ensure there was no punishment if something was found.

After saying this, he cut my zipties off, and I gave him the plates from my pants, and showed him my watch, but he stated the watch was fine. 

After searching me and finding nothing else, he left the cell and locked the door before leaving the room.

I was left to set in this cell what felt much longer than I would have expected.

After what felt like close to 2 hours, a lady walked in and to my surprise I knew who this was.

" Leader Clara Oberson, a pleasure." I bowed my head slightly.

"Much better manners that I would have expected, I do thank you for that. Regarding the matter of your fight in the arena, unfortunately nothing could be done your opponent and he was pronounced dead the moment he hit the floor. With this, we will need to skip the Starter hearing as the majority of the evidence is rock solid." 

At he saying this my heart fell, I had been thinking about this but was hoping that derak was just hurt.

But no, I had killed him, even on accident.

"You will be able to call using a tablet in a bit under supervision of 2 guards, but I must ask. With your power, you will not be a problem correct? I would hate to have to forcibly have your restrained and your mana burned out."

"Yes, although me and .... Derak... Didn't get along, and even fought on occasion, I wanted to fight and beat him, not kill him. If anything, I think I will have some payment due to myself and will cooperate without contest. As this was an accident, I didn't realize my magic was more powerful than his."

"More powerful than his your say, I will let you know only 4 other people have a spell as powerful in the stacks. So you are truely bless with fortune to have that much mana, and talet. But equally curse as you accidently killed someone, and of higher status, so the judge may be harsh."

"I understand, and I do thank you for making time for me leader Clara." And bow my head slightly at this.

The leader left and I was even more worried and extremely sad, as father would be terribly worried about me.

I can't wait to be able to call him at least. 

After a while, I was lead out of the cell into the next room and a table was on a stand affixed to a table.

After entering the information to contact my dad, he picked up the call.

"hey, before you freak out or anything, I am fine, but there was something bad that happened and I need you to come up to the 10th floor."

"WHAT! Why are you needed on the 10th floor, what happened?" He all but yelled

"Unfortunately my magic was to powerful and ended up killing the opponent. I am sorry dad."

"........... Ok, I will come as soon as I can, then I need you to explain what happened." He seemed stunned at the information and finally responded.

"Ok, I will be here, see you when you get here." I replied before ending the call.

"Is there anyone else who you would want to call?"

"Two people and then I am good." The guard nodded and set in the chair near me.

After calling Kira and Robby, they were both stunned but wanted to be in attendance of the trail. 

So with them and my father informed, I was done and returned to the cell.

After another 30 minutes, I was taken out of the cell and led to a a court room looking area, there was a lot of different people that I didn't know.

But on the other side, I saw my friends and my father, so looking at my father I smiled and nodded.

He seemed to release a sigh of relief, likely seeing that I wasn't hurt.

Setting at the bench for the defendant, It looks like the judge wasn't here yet, so we hadn't started yet. 

Setting at the bench, My mind unconsciously went to thinking about the fight, and seeing derak's face of shock and pain before he fell down.

I rapidly shook my head and thought about everything and anything else I could.

After regaining my composure I sat at the bench reading the worlds along the top of the wall, I couldn't tell what they were exactly but It did look to be some kind of spell.

Just then two people entered into the room from the back, and walked up the aisle to stand next to me.

The man looked at me a moment before asking "Pretty impressive spell you used, and surprised you look to be fine. Can you tell me if that is the most powerful you can make the spell, and if you were nearly out of mana when you cast it."

"No to both, Magic is what I excel at to be honest, I just didn't know it would be that powerful especially when I was holding back."

The man nodded in understanding before walking toward the middle of the room, "Prepare him, I will be a moment."

With that, he went through the back door again, and the lady that was left spoke to me. "So I am your representative, thankfully it looks like you get the gist of this and are not trying to hold back, its always painful if you do."

"Thank you for representing me in this, and it was really an accident, so I hope this can be finished soon."

"Well to that end, you did help yourself a lot just now, regarding the issue of accident or not, unfortunately this isn't taken into consideration, it would just be the act itself, the law and hospitality that would effect the outcome for this. For now, I would advise to only speak when someone says your name and begins a line of questions with you."

I nod and move over on the bench to allow her to set beside me, I hope it isn't to bad.

3