6. Summit Meeting
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Seasons pass as quickly as confidence fades."

Maxim Ahesian

***

Hearing that cold tone from God, Caleb felt like he was a kid again when his parents called him when they had decreed that he had done something stupid. Having been an adult for a while now and now finding himself standing in front of someone thousands of years old being reprimanded was not what Caleb was most looking forward to. And the only method he had in mind was not to speak, to look away and to wait for the old God to interrupt his diatribes.

This one stopped his remonstrances when he saw that Caleb visibly annoyed was not listening to him. Finally obtaining the silence of his Chatty Deity, Caleb who had succeeded in calming down began to tell the story of Eheil's disappearance and the strange room in which he had fallen. He skipped the part where he had felt himself being watched and the awkward thoughts he had had before the God came into the room. The youthful-faced deity looked at him for a moment, not commenting, actually thinking of doing some research later. But first:

- Well, not for nothing, but follow me Caleb. It is not necessary to make them wait. He finished before rushing into the opening through which he had entered.

- From whom? Caleb asked Michael, who had come and stayed beside him without saying a word. He answered with an air that was meant to be mysterious:

- You'll see little faye~

Then he left leaving Caleb with this singular answer with more than doubtful words. He followed the archangel trying not to flinch at the little name he had been given. They left behind the three angels and their laughter. This passageway had led them directly into another, much larger room. Four white marble pillars were placed at the ends of it.

If one looked carefully, one could see a monumental fitted library filled with imposing books and encyclopedias. There were more than twenty doors that were not closed and from which one could observe on each side small corner columns carved with flowers and fruits. Removing his gaze from the immense furniture, he turned back to the large desk that stood in front of a titanic red wooden door engraved with large Sael leaves, symbol of peace and wisdom.

The desk was cluttered with wide-open books from which several handwritten pages protruded. Some of these leaves were flying all around the furniture. They settled on the floor in a disorganized jumble. Behind the leather armchair was a large and magnificent bay window from which one could discern a soothing landscape of a park adorned with a dozen trees with imposing trunks and shimmering leaves. A soft breeze was making the grass on the ground sway. Added to this a cerulean blue sky with a brilliant sun that with its rays, brushed a basin filled with a limpid water forming several shades of blue that could be observed in a kaleidoscope.

Mouth agape in front of this celestial landscape resembling a painting, Caleb did not hear the door open. It was only when it slammed that he turned around in surprise.

The man who had entered had long black hair tied in a ponytail. The end of his hair was adorned with several orange strands which gave the impression that they were moving like flames in a fire. His eyes were black as coal and if you looked closely you could see some red reflections. He had a long gash running down his left cheek. It hardened his look without disfiguring him. What changed his cold look into a much softer one was when this man met the childish face of God sitting on the desk among the leaves. A discreet smile could be perceived on his lips. Wearing a long black coat with a large hood, the man who happened to be Mara greeted the aforementioned God in a calm voice.

- Me H'elos, good morning

- Mâra ! How are you? Ah, I present to you the king of the underworld, Mara, better known as Lucifer," explained God when he saw Caleb's uncertain look.

Surprised, he thought: It was strange, shouldn't they be the worst enemies? Isn't it good versus evil? Why are they chatting like old friends? As Caleb pondered the new meaning of life, two arms came around his shoulders and a deep voice rang in his ears. Caught off guard, he jumped and struggled to free himself from the grip of the person behind him. The man had long silver hair tied in a half-bun and hypnotic purple eyes.

- Alew who is this?" he asked in his head to the old man who was serving as his encyclopedia. But before he could find out the person's name, the man or rather the demon introduced himself:

- I am Samael the right hand man of Mâra. Nice to meet you Caleb. You're probably wondering how I know your name, huh? Well... 

He was interrupted by Michael who had stepped forward with a Machiavellian smile on his lips:

- My dear little flower, it's been a long time! Mh?

Before Samael could do anything, the archangel had already put his arm around the demon's neck and had begun to play with the demon's cheek. Samael's face sank, grabbing Mickaël's sinful finger, he twisted it, giving him a trove look he said:

- It's embarrassing, let me go. I warn you, stop with that nickname or...

- Or what? Mh?

Having the impression to be in front of children and not in front of people of more than two thousand years, Caleb did not know how to react in front of these two men who were throwing spades at each other. He turned to the other two people in the room: God and Mara. Stepping forward in front of the deities, he interrupted them with a question that had been bothering him since the elder had spoken of the New Ones. Having heard the famous question thanks to their good hearing, Samael and Michael stopped their invective and came closer.

- The New Ones in the celestial language Ab'ëshati are hermaphroditic beings who accompany the souls of the deceased at the time of their death and during their journey to the afterlife. However, during the last millennia, many New Ones have not been able to direct these souls to the afterlife. According to my little research you are the only person who managed to enter with your body. Which didn't seem to me to be dead at all... he finished with doubt

- As for the voice of Alew'illia in your head, resumed Mâra in an icy tone, answering the question that Caleb had not yet asked. This man was the Primo of the Clan of Tears.

- Mara, you can still give more information, though... Anyway, God continued more gently, I still don't understand how you can talk to him. And especially why he has reappeared. Maybe the only people who know are Han and his mother.

- Do you have a library here?" asked Caleb when he had the answers he wanted.

- But certainly," said His Most Interested Deity. That concludes this meeting~Ma' a little tea? asked God to the Master of the Underworld, who answered with a nod of his head

- So my little demon darling, would you like a little spare?

- Of course, asshole!

- Well, that's not all, but I'm still here," said Caleb, who had faded away. If these Almighty Old Men could make me go back to my room, I'd be very happy. Thank you," he finished, rolling his eyes in exasperation.

Eight pairs of eyes looked at him in amazement, and God finally regained his composure, even though a few tears were hanging from his lashes, then he snapped his fingers. That's how Caleb found himself in his room where Eheil was waiting for him, reading.

The room was simple it had walls color cream, a table, armchairs in vermeil velvet and a big window from where one could see the sky whose hue had begun to decline. Completely tired by this strange day he collapsed on the bed and closed his eyes, falling asleep immediately. Eheil who since all this time had got up put a cover on his shoulders, removed his shoes to him then greeted him of one to tomorrow. He left the room leaving it in a complete silence.

0