Iljon
152 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You seem to be in deep thoughts, Iljon. Thinking about a particular dream again, I presume?" 

I snapped back into reality when count Hensen approached me and spoke. When did he get here? 

"Your maids seems to love me, they let me in despite you don't know." He said proudly. 

Count Gael Hansen. The first person whom I befriended in this world after dying. 

It has already been twenty-seven since, yet I still look back on to that horrendous memories which somehow unrevokable within my memory. 

Somehow, when I gained consciousness, I found myself within the body of a mere five year old heir to a duchy. I was reincarnated. 

What's more shocking was that, I am in the world of the novel of that author wrote. The one where this world is doomed when the villainess appeared. 

But it wasn't my concern still, I was reincarnated before the main storyline had happened. As of now they're probably between the ages of six or seven. 

"What do you want?" I asked, since Gael kept rambling, which is us making me irritated. 

"My daughter will turn seven in the next full moon, I wanted to invite you." He said a paper suddenly appearing in his palm. 

Magic. A world where magic is common, but not quite so. Only those who are literate or have studied were to know how to cast them. 

"I see. This is also the age where she'll get to meet her finacee-to-be." I remarked. 

Living here, I needed to get accustomed to their ways fast. And if a noble daughter or son reached the age of seven, a fiancee-to-be will be revealed. It is quite common for nobles to have a political marriage between their children. Even for Count Hensen and the countess, it is merely a political marriage, yet they seem to be in love. 

"You should also get married to have a daughter or a son of your own." 

"I don't need a child, nor a wife." 

"Ah, then perhaps a husband!" 

I glared at him at his comment. Although it's not taboo, same sex marriages are also a thing but not that common. 

This man keeps pushing his assumption of me liking male for I do not seem to be interested in women. Especially those who are obviously seducing me.

"You're already pass the marrying age, yet you're still alone!" He lectured. He sounds like my mother from my era, trying to persistently demand me to look for a suitable wife. It was honestly exhausting being told to do so. 

"At least have a child, with your charisma, surely you've bedded women before." 

". . ." 

This man's words are starting to get on my nerves. Unlike he, whom habit was to take women into his bed before being wedded, I have no sexual experience within this body. I couldn't say the same to my old body, though. In this life, I'm a pure innocent man who had not laid a finger on any women. 

"I'm not like you who bedded Aveline and eventually got forced into marriage." I remarked, the count only laughed it off. 

The purpose of their political marriage was because this good for nothing count impregnated the baron's daughter on a drunken night. Well I guess I can't call him good for nothing, for he did took responsibility and wasn't hesitant to marry her. Now they're somehow still together for eight years and surprisingly this man had stopped with his lustful habit. 

...Well, I'd bet they're doing it almost everyday. 

"C'mon, just give marriage a shot!" Persistent as he is, as to am I stubborn. 

"It's not like a wife would suddenly pop up out of nowhere and a child would be bore immediately. Rather than that it'll be better to adopt instead—" 

I falter upon my words as a realization kicked in. 

"Huh? Iljon? Where in the world are you going? Wait, are you— seriously?!" 

Leaving Gael in the room as I hurriedly told my attendant to bring out the carriage and take me to an orphanage. 

Growing up idly and quietly was a blessing. I now have the opportunity to prevent this world into it's doom!

9