New people
146 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The paper processing was done smoothly. Eliza, the child I've adopted and the soon to be villainess was now currently in awe as she entered the Duchy. 

I know I should've thought this before adopting but, how do I raise a child? 

"Um, Your Grace, is it really fine to stay here?" Lianelle, the woman with uneven hair implied, seemingly against to stay here. 

"Of course, this way, it'll be easier for you to teach her, unlike going home everyday and coming back the next morning, isn't that much more exhausting?" 

"Ah. . .yes. . .that would be the most logical. . ." She answered fidgeting.

Do I look intimidating? She seems very wary of me. Well, to her I am just a stranger, but I'm going to be her employer to this day onwards. Then is it really my face that's the problem? 

"I'll give you two a tour of the house." I inisted when Hernan, my butler took the lead. "Hernan, tell the maids to prepare the dinner." 

***

"This is where you will be staying." 

I showed Lianelle her room, which was a guest room next to my office. It was the only room available after all, all the other rooms had been occupied by the servants of the house. Meanwhile the room of the child was a bit farther from here, it was next to mine. 

Eliza was currently absent around us for she had suddenly fell asleep while we were touring the house and decided to let her sleep on the room we've prepared for her. 

Lianelle may find it uncomfortable after I pointed out that my office was across the hall. She insisted on just sharing a room with the maids. But I dismissed her idea. I did not brought her here to be a servant, she's a tutor after all. Though, the Maid's chamber are also cozy, I do not find it appropriate for a tutor to share a bed with the servants. 

"I'll take my leave then, I'll let Hernan call you both when the dinner had been prepared." 

I didn't bother to hear what she was about to say, for sure she'll just insist on declining to stay in that guest room. 

As I was going down the stairs, I was pondering. Her eyes was somehow familiar to me, yet I know for sure she's a stranger whom I had only met today. 

Strange. For all my Twenty-seven years in this world, I sure know I've never met a woman whose hair is uncommon as hers, and yet this feeling of familiarity was lingering within me. Something's not right. 

"So, you've actually adopted?" 

I saw Gael at the end of the stairs with a dissatisfied face. He was the one who convinced me to have a child, but perhaps adopting wasn't what he had imagined that I would have done. 

"Yeah, and she's the same age as Yiara." 

Speaking of which, the two of them can be playmates. That's how I became friends with this jerk, our parents had forced us to be 'playmates' since they've became acquainted when I was around five years old. 

"And you took in a tutor already? That was fast, It was hard to find a suitable tutor for my dearest daughter." 

"That's because the tutors you chose were all female that had just graduated. Specifically they were all trying to seduced you. I honestly could not imagine you declining their offer, you've changed since you got married to Aveline." 

"That's what love does." He said proudly, I on the other hand gave him a disgusted expression. "Don't look at me like that! I'll definitely laugh at you when you got that child a mother!" 

"I already have a child, why would I need a wife?" 

Gael heaved a sigh and looked at me with frown. "You clearly don't understand, a child also needs its mother, what would happen if all of your traits were to be transferred to that child?! Do you know how mortifying you are?! Would you like your child to be as cold and emotionless as you?!" 

"Am I that horrible? I think I'm a pretty mediocre person." I said proudly but Gael gave me a look of disbelief. 

"You lashed out on me, almost killing me when you heard I impregnated Aveline." 

". . .Ah that's right. I was planning on castrating you that time." 

"You demon!" He cried, mortified. 

I scoffed reminiscing how I went to his county with my unsheathed sword and attacked him. 

Well, that day, I was the first to hear the news of Aveline getting pregnant. I was furious of the fact, Gael never contacted her after their druken night and just continued with his lustful habit if womanizing. That time, I completely forgot my morale, I wasn't sure why. 

Aveline was a gentle and kindness daughter of a noble, she never boast everything unlike some noble ladies. We've known each other before Gael met her. But I knew she had always admired him from afar, for she whenever she could get the chance, she'll always talk about Gael's strengths. I always enjoyed listening to her when we meet up. 

"Your grace, the dinner is ready, I've also already called the Miss and the Lady." Hernan implied. 

"Oh dinner? Can I join? No need to answer I shall join you!" 

I know I don't have to answer, he'll ignore my remark anyway.

As we've reached the dibing room, I already saw the two sitting beside each other. 

"Wooah! The smells deliscio—" 

The enthusiasm Gael has suddenly depleted as he entered the dining room. I observed his face, his eyes were fixated towards Lianelle. He has a frown, as well as a mixed of confusion.

Hi everyone thank you for giving this piece a chance! I also have another work entitled "Miss heroine, please come back!". This story is going to be updated every week with 2 chapters. If not much, do consider donating on our kofi, it will help me a lot (a dollar is fine, please don't a donate huge amout). Thank you and I hope you'll enjoy this series :>. Have a great day!

10