Training Room
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Her red eyes, still pale but relieved, locked onto his.

"An alliance, how so?"

Kaiden replied,

"A sort of peace treaty. We leave each other alone and help when needed."

'Her ability couldn't play into my hands any better,'

Kaiden thought inwardly with a wide grin.

"Alright,"

she said, rather flatly, as always.

Staring without any reference to anything, it continued.

'How long have we been staring at each other? Should I say something? No, I'll just wait it out.'

More staring followed until Mary said,

"Yes, let's continue training."

She moved faster than a normal person, almost jogging while walking.

"5g, you'll manage,"

Kaiden wondered,

'5g? Oh, gravity times 5.'

As he watched her cross over, he realized it would be a load of about 400kg for him.

In a preparatory stance, he slightly bent his knees, awaiting the pressure and settings she would activate at the button.

Whoosh, an immense pressure engulfed Kaiden.

His neck was forcefully pressed downward, along with the rest of his body.

But the worst was his head, feeling weirdly pushed down, as if it would either bend or break, so he leaned it slightly forward, pushing it upward.

With hair hanging down, sweat flowing down his cheeks and neck, he looked up with bowed head.

His ocean-blue eyes met downward-looking ruby-red ones.

They turned away from his gaze and left.

'She can move so freely? How? It's damn hard to even make a step!'

But when Kaiden learned it was possible, he wanted to try it too. Slowly and shakily, he tried moving his legs, as difficult as it was, he managed, albeit not much.

It felt like his body parts were being torn apart, yet at the same time pressed together.

His joints ached, and it was felt all over his body.

Pale-faced, he tried to keep going until it got faster and faster.

'Why do I feel so weird?'

Kaiden wondered but kept on walking.

He walked, albeit slowly, but he progressed.

It's too much!

Kaiden knew he couldn't endure much longer. He looked at Mary, who, despite feeling fine, looked pale.

She ran as fast as she could to the button and deactivated it, stopping the g-forces.

Breathing heavily with heavy eyes, Kaiden, now even paler, looked at Mary.

"Nice try, now lower the g-forces,"

Her eyes looked nervous and anxious.

With a hesitant demeanor and eyes fixed on Kaiden, she walked towards the switch.

"Please, no poison,"

she said with a slightly trembling voice.

"Then wait a bit until I recover,"

Kaiden thought,

'She wants to play it like this? I have to be more careful. From now on, she won't dare again. After all, I won't show mercy again, and she probably already knows that. If not, it's her problem, as she would receive it in a fight without me having to bear the blame.'

But why did he give her another chance?

It was because she was extremely strong and could greatly help him, especially in gaining money. He could easily establish subjects and a hierarchy with her help, provided he handled it skillfully.

"Do it now, and in a gravity where I can train productively."

Despite his heavy breathing and dizziness, he shook his head a bit and wiped the sweat mixed with blood from his black uniform.

With a determined look, he looked at Mary, who was now slightly paler but still normal, as she pressed the button again, this time setting it to 3g.

'Much better,' Kaiden thought.

Even though he still felt greatly pressed down by gravity, there was now 160kg less load on him.

He could stand freely without any problems, but how about a few movements?

Kaiden dared and let his legs do the work.

With each movement, he adapted more and more to the gravity, even though it became harder.

"Just follow me,"

Mary said without even addressing Kaiden, let alone considering his question.

She began to lie on her stomach and stretch her legs upwards, also stretching her arms forward.

It looked like swimming and rocking at the same time.

'Is this exercise really useful for getting stronger?'

Kaiden wondered with a puzzled expression.

But as he imitated her, he felt the pain.

It was no comparison to simply standing; it was almost as bad as with the 5g.

But there were no excuses, so he simply continued to mimic her.

Exercises for the chest, core, legs, and the whole body followed.

Kaiden felt even the smallest muscles ache, but at the same time, he felt no more, as everything burned and was immobile.

'How long do I have to endure these hellish tortures?'

Yet they continued training, as their cells recovered faster than those of a normal person, allowing them to train more effectively, which also led to better results.

"Class is over for today!"

Kaiden, who welcomed these words as relief, felt completely drenched in sweat and half-fainting as the sergeant's voice sounded again.

'Is she a monster or what?'

But shockingly, a sound came from her directed at him.

It didn't seem cold or emotionless but with respect and tolerance.

"Good work for today."

As she passed by him, she grabbed a towel from the side of the button, slinging it over her shoulder to dry her face and upper body.

Walking past Kaiden a bit faster than before, Kaiden felt weightless.

'What's going on?' he thought.

He was walking, but not really; he was jumping, albeit not high.

It was like walking on the moon, but not with slow movements, but with still the same, if not faster ones.

Yet, at the same time, Kaiden felt how shaky his legs were. After all, he spent quite a lot of time in there, and Kaiden wasn't a friend of the sense of time.

The only thing he knew was that when the beeping and message sounded, it would soon be time for the theory lesson.

'What are we going to do there?'

Kaiden wondered, as he had no access to the memories of his original theory lesson.

As he and Mary headed there, albeit with many meters apart, they met the others, who were also completely drenched in sweat.

"Hey guys, what have you been up to?"

Answering back came from another person,

"Oh, I ha..."

And so the time passed until they arrived.

0