Prologue
107 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey Hey, have you heard? The 7th Prince, Aureus Astrea has been posted to the outer realm!" A bearded man was conversing excitedly with a man who had a small goatee.

"Really? What business does a shining star like him have in the border areas?"

"Who knows? I heard this move was sanctioned by both the Emperor and the High Council."

"I can understand the concerns of the High Council after all his Highness has been shining a little too brightly as of late."

"But the Emperor? Why would he send a favored son of his to the border? Moreover ahead of the spatial storms at the gates. Isn't this a banishment in fact?"

"Oui Oui, be careful with the volume of your speculation."

"He will become our commanding officer soon, it would not do for him to know of your speculation before he even assumes the post."

"Well, it is not as if our frontier area does not require men of his caliber, it is just that with the tensions between the Core Realm and the Inner Realm, I am surprised that the higher-ups could spare a person like him. "

"The Inner Realm might not be a conducive place for his highness's health right now. After all, he just won a great victory for the empire in the recent war of the nine powers."

"What war of the nine powers, more like the war of The Dominion's Vengeance."

"Hah, you got that right."

"Did you manage to get the battle report for the final battle of that war?"

"I did."

"Come on, don't put me in suspense. What were his battlefield achievements?"

"Apparently, he managed to lead the right flank of the empire's army into routing High-Prince Gaia's forces by taking the head of Prince Rogen Gaia."

"Ohh, that acclaimed war prodigy and second son of High-Prince Gaia, right? "

"Right, after routing the enemy on the empire's right flank he went straight to the assistance of Consul Triem's army in the center. Launching a pincer attack they smashed the enemy center."

"So, is this fairy-tale like rendition, what was the left flank doing? Practicing their cheers?"

"Such positivity, I really wonder why your men are so willing to follow you into battle."

"That is because I am a great field commander. What else could there be?"

"Returning back to the topic, the left flank apparently met with the 'Shield of Dominion' Reinhard. Beyond the first day, the left flank did not gain much ground."

"Well, at least they kept their side in a stalemate which resulted in an overall victory. I wonder which luckless officer drew the short straw to go against Reinhard."

"It was one of Triem's top 3 commanders, Legate Silvanus."

"The guy who never knows when to shut up? Ahahaha, Karma is a bitch. Serves him right."

"You do know that it will be a notch on his war achievements, right? Reinhard is considered to be a level above Silvanus but Silvanus fought him into a stalemate throughout the entire battle."

"What is so surprising about that? Under Consul Triem's leadership, it is not surprising such results are achieved. House Triem would be feted once again."

"Then again, this is why his highness's sudden transfer is such a mystery. He should be getting feted at our capital Imperialis or at least the very least, a comfortable back-end job at command headquarters pushing some papers or adding superfluous comments on the war maps."

"Your bright view on command headquarters is always appreciated."

"I cannot help it. Just take a look at our dear governor back at the castle. He is a shining example of people generally at command headquarters."

"Anyway, I heard It was five out of seven amongst the council members votes to send his highness here."

"Looks like even the if the Emperor fought it, it might just barely be able to change the decision."

"There is no way the Emperor would have fought it, the prince has yet to mature into a strong power. Conflict against the council at this point will yield nothing. The costs involved are not worth the gains, even a grunt like me can see that."

"Still, though, the Emperor released an edict granting the highness independence in the outer realm allowing him to run our current territory as an independent province of the Empire."

"Wrapping the banishment with gold ribbons? It is still a banishment regardless of how much gloss you put on it."

"The fate of the seventh prince seems quite poor. A pity he was borne three decades after the crown prince. If they were of the same age, it might be a good show to see who would become crown prince in the end."

"Wargod of the Empire, eh. Even amongst the various talented princes, crown prince Leo Astrea stands a cut above the rest. It is no wonder all the old codgers want to pave as smooth a path for him as possible."

"I heard that crown prince Leo and seventh prince Aureus are quite close. I heard that Crown Prince Leo even mentored Prince Aureus in the ways of the sword when he was just starting to learn swordsmanship."

"Who knows the issues faced by the blood royal except themselves? At any rate, it is way above our pay grade."

"We should get ready to receive his highness, he will be due shortly. I hope his arrival does not coincide with a beast tide attack."

"Yeah, but if it does, at least hope that his entire complement has finished transiting with him before the attack begins."

0