Chapter 3: Scale Atalier and Guild Registration
1.1k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazue POV  

   

  

  

Morning came.  

The imperial Magician Orga Les Versi is right in front of me looking uncomfortable.  

  

   

"Are you sure you're going to be an adventurer?"  

Mr. Orga asked me with a soft voice.  

Ever since last night when the party ended, he has been trying to stop me from doing the thing that I plan on doing.  

   

  

It was not only Orga, even my classmates tried to stop me.  

I knew that I was being unreasonable.  

Honestly, I have doubts about my decision myself.  

   

  

But since I have already said what I said, although I was just caught in the flow of things during the party.  

The more they try to stop me, the more I could not stop myself from doing it.  

I knew I was being stubborn and immature.  

Yet the idea of adventuring in an unknown world while possessing this mysterious ability and the potential to see something that people in our world have never seen before.  

That had caused my fear and self-doubt to be overshadowed by my excitement and curiosity.  

   

  

I fell asleep pondering on this matter.  

I woke up and felt better than ever.  

"I have decided and this is final" <Kazue>  

"I see so there is nothing that I say that can change your mind then..." <Orga>  

"Sorry" <Kazue>  

   

  

Orga let out a sigh.  

"Ok, but if you ever have a problem. you can always come back here." <Orga>  

"Kay, but that would be my last resort if all things go bad." <Kazue>  

"Haha, I doubt that would happen. You're more capable than those prob-... *cough* boys" <Orga>  

"ahaha." <Kazue>  

I made a soft sarcastic laugh.  

Orga almost slips a word out of his tongue, but I knew what he meant.  

   

  

He lifted his hand and offered me a pouch.  

"Here’s your 120 gold coins" <Orga>  

"Thanks... huh? 120? I thought you'll only give me 100?" <Kazue>  

"You'll be going on an adventure alone right? Call it as my good luck bonus" <Orga>  

"Thanks, I’ll be going" <Kazue>  

Orga just nodded to reply.  

  

   

I went on to start my adventure.  

I strolled around aimlessly while following the main road.  

I did not want to accidentally go to some dangerous places so I followed the path where I can easily be seen by people.  

As I went further from the castle, the structures around me become less luxurious.  

It seems that the closer you are to the castle the better the houses and buildings are.  

   

  

I walked for quite some time.  

I left the castle early in the morning and now the sun is high up in the sky.  

With that aimless walking I was able to arrive at a more crowded area and saw a plaza.  

The plaza was surrounded by buildings, mostly made of wood, and are 2 stories high.  

Around the plaza, there are food stalls that sell various kinds of food.  

The noises of the people talking and the shouts of the sellers are all over the place, it made the place lively.  

   

  

I look around.  

I found out that there are two buildings stuck out like a sour thumb.  

They are constructed right next to each other and these two building was larger than most of the building around.  

The two buildings looked almost similar in design.  

It is the only structure that I saw that is made of asphalt aside from the ones that are near the castle.  

These two buildings may not look like the modern buildings in our world but it looks more advance than those buildings around them.  

   

  

"wow" <Kazue>  

I went closer to these two buildings and I found out that it was the adventurers’ guild and the General Adventurers’ Tool Shop.  

The one on the left was the Adventurer Guild building while the one on the right was the General tool shop.  

   

  

I stood in front of the two buildings.  

"Should I go to the Guild first and register or should I go to the Shops first.” <Kazue>  

I stood there for a while weighing which building should I go to first.  

I found people coming in and out of the guild.  

Most of them gave the warriors or mage look.  

I noticed that they are wearing their respective gear which made me think that they look cool.  

  

   

"uhh... maybe I should buy some armor and weapons before I go to the guild, I want to look a bit more like an adventurer before I go there." <Kazue>  

Compared to the adventurers who wear their battle armors and weapon, I may look odd since I only wear a black robe and a shabby sling bag across my body.  

Why did I not ask for gears at the castle you say?  

I did not like the idea of me being too dependent on the empire, especially when I was planning to separate from them all along.  

After all, as a person, I tend to not rely on people.

I am like this even in the old world.  

I'd rather rely on myself rather than depend on others and feel in debt to them.  

So I just took the gold they provided at the least, I feel that it was already enough help.  

   

  

I walked inside the building for a general tool shop.  

I noticed that there was a signboard just above the entrance of the building.  

A signboard with a drawing of a sword over a shield and a bottle of what I assume is a potion.  

   

  

"Welcome"  

A sweet voice welcomed me as I entered the building.  

Said a woman standing right by the reception beside the entrance right at the moment I opened the door.  

I came toward the woman who looks to be the receptionist, after all, she was standing behind a reception table.  

"Welcome to Scale Atelier, how can we help you with miss...?" <Receptionist>  

Asked the woman on the other side of the reception table.  

  

   

"Oh... an Atelier... wait… this is not the time for this, I am looking for armor and weapon." <Kazue>  

"Armor and weapon? Are you perhaps an aspiring Adventurer?"  

"yes I do, is it weird?" <Kazue>  

"No, no I did not mean it that way... it's just that normally the people who aim to become an adventurer ask for those things. And since you don’t wear any armor or carry a weapon with you I guess that you must be an aspiring adventurer." <Receptionist>  

"you can tell by just that?" <Kazue>  

"I've been working as a receptionist here for quite a while now so it comes with experience. You have come in just the right place!" <Receptionist>  

The miss at the reception table manages to talk with me in a casual tone.  

It made me feel at ease right away  

   

  

She then explained what the place was all about.  

"Scale Atelier sells all kinds of adventuring-related tools and of course that includes armors and weapons. To be exact it was our store's specialty so this is the perfect place to look!"  

The receptionist rang a table bell placed atop the receptionist's table.  

After she rang the bell, a woman wearing the same outfit as the receptionist appeared.  

   

  

"Miss Bea will assist you with what you are looking for. Bea, can I leave it to you?" <Receptionist>  

"Yes. Miss, please follow me." <Bea>  

   

I followed the girl whom the receptionist instructed me to follow.  

The girl tilted her body to give a small bow to welcome me, I did the same in response.  

"I am Bea, what can I call you Miss?" <Bea>  

"Oh, just call me Kazue and I am looking for good armors and weapons." <Kazue>  

"Then I’ll assist you to the armor and weapon section first. Please follow me." < Bea>  

  

   

We walked for about 3 minutes and visited a store inside the building.  

The inside of the building felt like a mall since a lot of stores selling different tools can be seen.  

It seems like there are 4 floors in this building looking at it from the outside.  

On the first floor, there seem to be 4 stores, 2 on each side.  

Each store is behind clear glass so you could immediately see what are the things they are selling.  

   

  

We went toward the first store on the left side  

As I looked beyond the clear glass.  

There were a lot of weapons and armor in there.  

   

  

Bea step aside from the entrance of the store and allowed me to go inside  

She then bowed and left.   

“Were here miss Kazue. If you need more help just ask the receptionist at the front desk. I’ll take my leave now.” <Bea>  

“Kay. Bye.” <Kazue>  

  

  

"Welcome and feel free to browse my wares.~" <Shop Keeper>  

I went inside, a black-haired girl with a ponytail was sitting behind the counter opposite the door that is about 5 meters away.  

From the way she looks, she seemed to be about the same age as I do.  

She wears a plain white shirt and baggy shorts that was about over her knee.  

Several leather strips were dangling from various places from her clothes.  

There was a goggle stripped over her head like a headband.  

She also wears leather gloves and leather boots.  

It was an attire that made her look like a proper craftsman of some sort.  

  

   

"Good morning, I am looking for armor and weapon for a beginner adventurer."  <Kazue>  

I said to inform the lady that I was just looking for beginners’ armor and weapon.  

"Oh, an aspiring adventurer huh~" <Shop Keeper>  

"Ah yeah, can you suggest to me some armor and weapon that is appropriate for me?"  <Kazue>  

"..., ah, ahahaha, why of course..." <Shop Keeper>  

"??"  

The girl looked at me with wide eyes for some reason so I gave her a "What" look."  <Kazue>  

   

  

"Ah, sorry sorry, normally people do not ask for my suggestion and just pick on their own." <Shop Keeper>  

"Oh, is that so... then never mind..." <Kazue>  

" NNOOOOO, that's not what I mean." <Shop Keeper>  

The girl went out of the counter and went toward me.  

"It's just that I was surprised, I will suggest you something, but before I do can I ask what is your job and weapon of choice?" <Shop Keeper>  

"ah yes, I am a swordsman and I would love to have a Katana if possible" <Kazue>  

"Hmm? Katana?" <Shop Keeper>  

"Oh, is there a problem with a Katana? or is it possible that you don’t have any here?" <Kazue>  

"No, no... I was just surprised." <Shop Keeper>  

"Eh?" <Kazue>  

"It's not that I'm against you getting a Katana but..." <Shop Keeper>  

The shopkeeper looked at me thoroughly, I felt that she was looking at me with a doubtful glare.  

   

  

Crap what if, katanas can’t be equipped by a swordsman?  

I thought silently in my mind.  

"I don't suggest it to new adventurers." <Shop Keeper>  

"eh? why is that" <Kazue>  

I was relieved that it was not because katana could not be equipped by a swordsman.  

   

  

"You see... Katana is a popular weapon; it was said that it was the weapon that the first hero used in battle." <Shop Keeper>  

The shopkeeper continued talking as she walked and took a weapon from a barrel full of cheap-looking weapons.  

She pulls out a sword, to be exact a katana from the barrel of weapons.  

"Katana is a wonderful weapon, I found it cool myself. But most of the adventurers that use this weapon do not know how to use it." <Shop Keeper>  

She said while walking towards me and handed me a Katana.  

“If your purpose is to look cool with this weapon, I advise you to just get a one-handed sword. Else you’ll just be a laughing stock.” <Shop Keeper>  

"Thanks for the advice..." <Kazue>  

I replied to the shopkeeper.  

  

  

"I have an idea on how to use this weapon, but in all honesty, this is the first time I would hold a real one myself." <Shop Keeper>  

I said while pulling out the Katana from its scabbard.  

I went into a Kamae stance.  

“Hee...” <Shop Keeper>  

The shop made an impressed groan.  

I held the sword firmly in my hands. 

I breathe out to relax my form and used the sword to slash the air. 

I imagined wielding the sword just as I use my shinai during practice.  

With my boosted strength it did not feel heavy in any way.  

I gave myself a nod to give myself compliments that I did well with my first swing after a long time.  

   

  

"hoo~" <Shop Keeper>  

The shopkeeper let out a weird sound as she watched me wield the Katana.  

She then clapped her hands softly after my demonstration.  

"Uh... What??" <Kazue>  

I said to the shopkeeper having the same wide eye from earlier.  

   

  

"I'm impressed, I first thought that you wanted to look cool as an adventurer as the reason for you to choose the katana. But it seems that I judged you quickly. It looks to me that you really know how to use one." <Shop Keeper>  

"Hehe." <Kazue>  

I shyly reacted to the surprising compliment of the shopkeeper.  

   

  

"Fufu, a cute girl wielding a Katana skillfully. This is interesting... Honestly, you look cool with that weapon." <Shop Keeper>  

"Thanks." <Kazue>  

I felt my face become red after hearing her compliments.  

   

  

"Fufu, now now... Which of these two armors do you like? Since you are using a katana, I assume you're not using a heavy plate armor, right?" <Shop Keeper>  

"Oh yes, Hmnn... which one should I pick" <Kazue>  

I looked at the choices that the shopkeeper presented to me.  

One was a light armor made in leather while the other one was a light breastplate and chainmail.  

"Hmmm, can I try them on?"  

"Do as you please." <Shop Keeper>  

  

  

I removed my bag and black coat and placed them on top of the counter. Since it was only me and the shopkeeper. I was assured that no one will try to steal my things"  

"Miss..." <Shop Keeper>  

"Eh? what again..." <Kazue>  

And then.  

The shopkeeper grabbed my hand and pulled me into the counter.  

At first, I thought that she took the chance to steal my things so I immediately grabbed my sling bag where my valuable things were.  

The shopkeeper hurriedly opened the door where oftentimes only staff would go in.  

She pulled me inside and closed the door as quick as possible  

   

  

"wha- what are you planning." <Kazue>  

"Miss..." <Shop Keeper>  

She slammed her arm into the door while doing a kabedon, her face was so close that I thought she was going to kiss me.  

I closed my eyes and then shifted my face to look left to avoid a possible kiss on the lips.  

"Miss..." <Shop Keeper>  

The shopkeeper called for me in a scary voice.  

I can feel her heavy breathing.  

   

  

"..." <Kazue>  

I waited for things to progress but nothing had happened.  

I opened my right eye and took a peek at the shopkeeper who was looking at my face intently so I quickly close my eyes again.  

   

  

"Wh... wha... what are you planning to do." <Kazue>  

I feel so afraid of the current situation but I tried to talk to the shopkeeper.  

My voice came out in a higher pitch than normal.  

   

  

"Miss..." <Shop Keeper>  

Again, a scary low voice came from the shopkeeper who keeps staring at me with a scary face.  

  

  

"Y-Yes?" <Kazue>  

"The clothes you're wearing" <Shop Keeper>  

   

  

Don’t tell me that she's going to strip me here and defy my purity?  

No, I don’t want this to be my first experience!  

I silently thought as I panic and tighten my grip over my sling bag which I was holding over my chest.  

   

  

"Don't!" <Kazue>  

Tears started to flow from my eye.  

So, this is the end of my happy adventures.  

I said to myself.  

   

  

"Ah, SORRY! SORRY!" <Shop Keeper>  

The shopkeeper pulled her hands away from the door.  

   

  

"Eh?" <Kazue>  

I suddenly became confused at the reaction of the shopkeeper who seemed to have no intention of hurting me in any way.  

   

  

"Your clothes, it's the first time I've seen them in person but... I do remember a legend from before that describes the same kind of clothes. It was the clothes of the former female hero that came into this world." <Shop Keeper>  

"Huh?" <Kazue>  

I replied with a dumb voice as I was trying to internalize what the shopkeeper was saying to me.  

   

  

[Heroes? Clothes? Legend? Eh?]  

I tried to arrange the information in my head so that I could understand what she was saying.  

Soon, the shopkeeper voiced what she means.  

"What I mean is that... Miss, are you a person from another world." <Shop Keeper>  

The shopkeeper explained  

And then a realization came into me that the reason the shopkeeper brought me into this place was to hide me.  

It was probably because as I removed my robe and showed my clothes to the shopkeeper, she was able to recognize my unique clothes and tried to hide me from prying eyes.  

   

  

"..." <Kazue>  

I went silent as thought about what just happened.  

"Wanting to become a new adventurer, knowledge to wield the katana and the clothes. There's no doubt about it you are A HE-brbryb--!!!" <Shop Keeper>  

"SHHHHHHH!!!" <Kazue>  

   

  

I covered her mouth with my hands and tried to silence the shopkeeper who has discovered my identity.  

   

  

**********************************************  

  I told the shopkeeper about the circumstances of how I arrived at her shop.  

   

 

"... And so I came to look for armor and weapon." <Kazue>  

The thing about the Hero summoning, about my other classmates, about my decision to leave the castle and adventure.  

She listened to me with glittering eyes in awe of my presence.  

  

   

"Alright Miss hero! I promise to keep this a secret between just the two of us!" <Shop Keeper>  

"it's Kazue. Mizusawa Kazue" <Kazue>  

I said to the shopkeeper.  

As I was talking with the shopkeeper, I realized that she has no ill intent and was just genuinely amazed by being a person from another world.  

"Ah yes miss Mizusawa Kazue-sama!" <Shop Keeper>  

"I would appreciate it if you call me Kazue..." <Kazue>  

"OK, Kazue!" <Shop Keeper>  

"I suppose we're friends now?" <Kazue>  

"WOW! Me being a friend of the Hero!!! Kuuuuuu this is one of the best days of my life.!" <Shop Keeper>  

I awkwardly laughed at the happy shopkeeper  

   

  

"Ah, I still don't know your name..." <Kazue>  

"Ah right! I haven't introduced myself yet. I am Shaina Stirling; you can call me Shaina or Shai or anything you like" <Shop Keeper/Shaina>  

"Shaina ... Shai... then can I call you Shai?" <Kazue>  

"It's an honor! to be called Shai by the Hero!" <Shaina>  

"Aha just as I told you, I am not the Hero... I am just another of the other worlder" <Kazue>  

"I understand Hero--- no errr... Kazue"   

"I don't know if you understand... (sigh) oh well, nice being your friend, Shai. Please take care of me." <Kazue>  

"Same here Kazue" <Shaina>  

   

  

We ended up chatting for a while.  

She asked me things about our world.  

About what I felt after coming into this world.  

How I think of their world.  

How things are different in this world to our world.  

The Shopkeeper was very interested in me and my thoughts.  

Well, since she was eager to hear things from me, I guess it’s fine.  

I ended up staying there for quite some time.  

"Well, I should be going I’ve been here for a long time now. I'll buy the leather armor and the Katana." <Kazue>  

"OH! Then how about you take this too." <Shaina>  

Shai went into her workshop and looked for something.  

  

  

“I think it’s around here...” <Shaina>  

She searched for something from the pile of things inside the workshop.  

Tossing things and making loud noises as she rummages the things in her shop.  

“Oh, here we go?” <Shaina>  

She pulled something out of the rummage of things in the workshop.  

She took a long wooden box.  

She then brought the box over and opened it.  

   

  

Inside was another Katana.  

"A Katana?" <Kazue>  

"Yes! this is a family heirloom and was passed down from generation to generation. I would love you to have it." <Shaina>  

"Ehh~~ I can’t take that! plus those kinds of cheat weapons should be given to the real hero!" <Kazue>  

"??? cheat weapon... No, it's not something like that... it's just a very nice Katana." <Shaina>  

"... but... you said that it's an heirloom, I feel bad to use such a weapon, I might even destroy it" <Kazue>  

"Oh~ don't sweat it~ I am a blacksmith and as a blacksmith, I know that weapon is better off when used rather than collecting dust." <Shaina>  

"But...." <Kazue>  

"NO MORE BUTS! JUST TAKE IT!" <Shaina>  

I still did not want to take it but Shaina did not have any intention of getting it back.  

"Then let me give you something that I possess. I want this to be a fair trade." <Kazue>  

"... something... oh rather than please take something...." <Shaina>  

"?? anything is fine as long as I can give you something in exchange." <Kazue>  

"Really? then, can you let me enhance the clothes you are wearing right now?" <Shaina>  

I looked at my uniform.  

"Enhance these clothes?" <Kazue>  

Shaina said in a very enthusiastic voice  

"Yep, it will take some time but I have this skill that can give things enhancements!" <Shaina>  

"Then you'll be enhancing it for me? rather than a fair trade, I feel that you keep on adding things to give me." <Kazue>  

"Don’t worry about it, If you want to... how about paying me later on when you take your clothes back? Plus, it's going to be an honor to be the Hero’s personal... Blacksmith." <Shaina>  

"If I’ll be paying then I suppose it's alright then?" <Kazue>  

  

   

In the end, I ended up handing Shaina my uniform for her to enhance.  

Shaina gave me a set of new clothes to replace my uniform.  

As expected, I could not walk on the streets while just wearing underwear under my robe after all.  

Shaina gave me some clothing for free.  

In turn, I got dressed in the clothes she gave me together with the new gear I bought from her Store.  

A plain black T-shirt and pale white short that was knee-high.  

A holster to hold my two Katana was placed hanging on my left hip side.  

A simple leather vest over my chest area.  

A black robe with a hoodie.  

And the brown sling bag hanging across my body hanging on my right hip side.  

  

  

I felt bad that Shaina even wanted to give the purchase I made to be free so I insisted to pay the price for all the things I received.  

And so, I bought the leather armor and two katanas for 20 gold coins together with my school uniform.  

I left the Shaina Workshop and got out of the Scale Atelier  

   

  

*************************************  

   

  

After an exhausting encounter in Scale Atelier  

I went inside the guild.  

A lot of men and women wear their battle clothes and weapons by their side.  

The two Katana were sticking out of my robe. 

With the clothes that Shaina gave me, I feel that I fit right into the crowd.  

  

  

Inside the guild buildings, the space on the first floor is mostly used as an eatery or a bar covers most of the first floor.  

it was an open ceiling are a result the second and third floors can be seen from the 1st floor.  

It seemed that the second floor was a large conference area, while the third floor was a library.  

I went toward the receptionist counter.  

"I...." <Kazue>  

  

  

-rumble-  

The sound of my stomach looking for food interrupted my introduction to the receptionist.  

Now that I think about it, I did not have breakfast, and it was already past noon.  

The beautiful receptionist gave me a peal of cute but reserved laughter and gave me the menu of the bar.  

   

  

I felt my face becoming hot from embarrassment.  

Since I was really hungry, I shyly took the Menu from the beautiful receptionist.  

"Thanks" <Kazue>  

“No problem.” <Guild Receptionist>  

  

  

I ordered a full meat meal and chose the open chair near the door and wait for the worker to serve my food.  

After 5 minutes my food arrived and a 2-centimeter-thick sizzling steak was served in front of me together with a cup of fruit juice.  

There was also vegetable salad served together with it.  

   

  

I decided to start eating.  

Before I even made a bite of my food, the door at my back suddenly slammed open.  

A boy about 15-18 years of age appeared.  

He was breathing heavily while holding a piece of paper in his hands.  

   

  

"NEWS! BIG NEWS!!" <News Boy>  

The boy shouts so that everyone in the bar could hear him.  

A man who was there relaxing stood up and went near the boy while holding a glass of what I assume to be water.  

"Whoa~ calm yourself lad" <Male Adventurer>  

He said to the boy who was out of breath.  

He then handed him the glass of water.  

The boy looked at the man while catching his breath.  

He closed his mouth and swallow his saliva to moisten his dried throat.  

He looked refreshed after drinking the water that was handed to him.  

   

  

"So? what's the news?" <Male Adventurer>  

The male adventurer urged the boy to tell the news that he brings.  

"It's the heroes! They have arrived!" <News Boy>  

   

  

After hearing this my eye widen.  

Thankfully my reaction can be interpreted as the same reaction as the people who were around me right now.  

But I and the people here in the guild have a different reason to do this kind of face.  

"See! See I told you!" <Female Adventurer>  

"ahh~ so it is true then" <Male Adventurer 2>  

From the furthest table to the entrance was a girl who seemed to be spreading rumors even before the messenger boy arrived.  

   

  

"yes, it is true the Empire had just summoned 28 hero candidates from the other world 2 days ago." <News Boy>  

The boy replied to the girl right away.   

With just those words the people in the bar became noisy sharing their amazement with their companions and with some random people who wanted to share their feeling in that same bar.  

I remembered what had happened in Shaina's shop and wanted no part of the Hero thing today so I tried to act naturally to not expose my real identity as one of those 28 heroes.  

   

  

"Whoa, 28 heroes? that's quite a lot"  

Said a female adventurer wearing a witch-like outfit in amazement  

   

  

"I want to meet one of them"  

A middle-aged man in light armor said while he touches his beard.  

   

  

"Hoo~ I want to see and fight them"  

A loud deep voice said.  

I looked in the direction of the voice and look toward the left.  

My eye widens after I saw a muscle-packed man who was also about 2 meters tall.  

[WHY]  

I retorted at the middle-aged man in light armor inside my mind.  

  

  

I felt fear from just thinking about fighting the big guy  

I lost sight of the receptionist girl and look for her around.  

When I saw the receptionist, she was already walking together with the messenger boy going toward the stair that seems to go up directly to the top floor of the building.  

   

  

"Uhh... what should I do… I was planning to apply as an adventurer today... I knew it! I should have gone straight toward that girl a while ago! What if they realize that I was one of the heroes? Uhhg, some of them even want to fight us. I hope no one finds out that I am One..."  

I said to myself after losing my chance to talk to the receptionist and register as a new adventurer without being exposed as one of the 28 heroes who was summoned by the empire.  

   

  

In regret, I tearfully ate the food in front of me.  

A few minutes later.  

I saw the guild receptionist go down the stair.  

She smiled in my direction as she walked back toward the other side of the reception.  

I feel that she had coincidentally locked eyes with me.  

.  

   

I finished the food quickly and drank the fruit juice.  

As a girl, I knew that it would be an un-lady action but I did not mind since I was in a rush.  

I was almost done eating anyway so I took in the remaining food in one go.  

I forced the food down with the help of the fruit juice to forcefully push it into my stomach.  

I stood up from the table where I was eating and walked toward the receptionist's table.  

"Have you enjoyed your food ma’am?" <Guild Receptionist>  

   

  

I did a final gulp to finally push the food down my throat before I replied to the nice-looking lady in front of me.  

"Yep, I did." <Kazue>  

"That's a relief... I assume that you have other matters to do here... Miss...?”  

"Ah right! my name is Mizusawa Kazue and I would like to register as an adventurer" <Kazue>  

The miss smiled and nodded, she turned around and took a flat stone that looks similar to what Mr. Orga used to check for our status back at the castle.  

The receptionist placed the stone over the counter.  

"Please place your status card over here" <Guild Receptionist>  

"ah, right" <Kazue>  

   

  

I took my wallet where I placed the status card from inside my sling bag.  

I pulled it out of the wallet and placed the card over the stone the receptionist presented.  

   

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Mizusawa Kazue  

Job: Swordsman  

Age: 16  

Level: 1  

Criminal status: None  

Quest completed:  

SSS: - A: - D: -  

SS: - B: - E: -  

S: - C: - F: -  

Guild Bank Balance: --  

Adventurer RANK: --  

[collapse]

 

  

  

I looked at the stone and it displayed.  

I was quite surprised that another set of information that I never have seen before.  

"Hmnn, there is no problem. We will be asking for 1,000 Dal as payment for processing your registration and 500 Dal for the food you just ate."  

   

  

"Oh right! I still have not paid for the food." <Guild Receptionist>  

I reached into the bag of gold coins inside my shabby sling bag. I thought of the amount she said but I don't know how much was 1,000 Dal in terms of coins.  

For me not to look like a total ignorant about the money system, I made a logical conclusion that since the food was 500 Dal, I deduced that a thousand Dal should not cost that much.  

I used the price of the gear I bought in Shaina's store and the price of the food I ate just now to compare.  

A thousand Dal should not be more than what the gold coin is worth.  

   

  

I took out one gold coin over and placed it over the counter and offered it slowly to the receptionist.  

She took it without any problem.  

But just in case I placed my hands inside the bag of coins secretly if there was a chance that 1 gold coin was not enough.  

Judging from the action of the receptionist it seems that a gold coin is enough to do the job.  

   

  

"I have received the payment of 100,000 Dal. Your change would be 98,500 Dal would you like to get the change as cash or should I store it in your guild bank instead?"  

I concluded as I listened to the receptionist's words and calculated the amount she just said in my head.  

[So... the gold coin is worth 100,000 Dal.]  

[Wait! does that mean that my equipment is worth 2,000,000 Dal? Did Shaina just rip me off? 2 million for 2 Katana and simple armor? WTF]  

   

  

"Wait... Guild bank?" <Kazue>  

I unconsciously said rhetorically since I had no idea what the term "guild bank" means.  

   

"Oh, yes the guild bank is a system made by the guild to make a way to account for every adventurer's earnings. Since some job pays up to a million to billions of Dals, it is much more convenient to store a record of your reward than giving a large amount of gold that is bothersome to carry" <Guild Receptionist>  

"Ah, it's like a savings account then..." <Kazue>  

I said silently to myself, the receptionist nodded in return after she heard the soft voice, and I made to confirm it.  

  

   

"It is a convenient system and most adventurer uses it so they could avoid bringing extra weight, especially when going into dangerous missions and dungeons. It is a good countermeasure to avoid getting robbed since you can only take out the money in the guild using your status card. Besides, you can always take it out in any guild throughout the whole continent without any problem too." <Guild Receptionist>  

"I see that is amazing..." <Kazue>  

I thought about getting the change or storing it inside the guild bank.  

"I'll make the change but in return, I'll have you store this instead" <Guild Receptionist>  

I decided to make the change but in turn, I gave the receptionist the bag of gold that was inside my bag which contains 99 pieces of gold coin.  

   

  

The receptionist took the bag of coins and looked at its content.  

Her expression changed as her eyes widen for a bit a moment, but as expected of a professional receptionist she was able to gather herself right away and continue doing her job as if nothing had happened.  

As expected, the content of the bag had some gold coins.  

She started counting the contents of the bag under the table so that nobody else could see it.  

   

  

She took a piece of paper and a quill pen and wrote on it.  

"I have successfully received your money and will now transfer it into your account. Please confirm the amount." <Guild Receptionist>  

She showed me the content of the paper that she wrote.  

There was an undistinguishable runic symbol all over the paper and 9,900,000 Dal written at the center of the paper.  

   

  

"Yes, this is the right amount." <Kazue>  

I replied and returned the paper to the receptionist  

She then placed the piece of paper over the stone that she used to register my application as an adventurer.  

The paper floated and burned into thin air as the stone tablet glowed for a bit.  

I checked the stone again and saw that some information changed in the things that were presented  

   

Spoiler

 

Name: Mizusawa Kazue  

Job: Swordsman  

Age: 16  

Level: 1  

Criminal status: None  

Quest completed:  

SSS: 0 A: 0 D: 0  

SS: 0 B: 0 E: 0  

S: 0 C: 0 F: 0  

Guild Bank Balance: 9,900,000  

Adventurer RANK: F  

[collapse]

 

  

  

"Oh, my rank is now F. Is my registration complete?" <Kazue>  

"Yes, Miss Kazue, good luck on your adventures. May the god of fate bless you with a safe and fun adventuring life" <Guild Receptionist>  

"Thank you." <Kazue>  

   

"I am Daniella. I am looking forward to working with you from now on." <Guild Receptionist>  

The receptionist named Daniella offered me her hands.  

   

"Yes, I'm looking forward to working with you too." <Kazue>  

   

   

  

  

****************************  

   

Author Note:  

Hi~ I'll be doing another chapter focused on Kazue and after that, I will be shifting my perspective to the other heroes  

What can I say, I am having fun making Kazue's side of the story but I need to touch on the story of the other heroes to officially start the plot of the story...  

Wait can I call it a plot? or should I say ploy instead?  

ALSO!  

I'll be doing another Kazue illustration for the next chapter   

   

   

   

   

   

   

 

 

27