Chapter 11: Being a Hero and Being Girls
648 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hano Ryuusei POV 

 
 

 
 

  

 
 

[It's just a normal day.] 

That was what I thought back at that time. 

But then when the school chime rang a light emerged from below my feet covering the entire classroom's floor 

Before I realized it, the whole class was transported to an unknown place. 

  

  

I immediately noticed people standing around me and my classmates who still have not noticed them. 

My eyes were glued toward an old man who raised his hand in the air. 

He raised his arm and started announcing something that sounded like a joke to me. 

  

  

"OH, HEROES FROM ANOTHER WORLD WELCOME TO ARTESIA EMPIRE" 

The one who said this word was an old man who has a white beard dropping down from his face. 

His beard was long enough that it almost touched the floor. 

He was wearing a Robe that looks mystical in design while holding a stick in his right hand as he uses it to support himself. 

His appearance would remind you of a typical western interpretation of an old wizard. 

  

  

At first, I was not able to understand what the old man had just said, after all, it was so sudden. 

My mind was still trying to understand what was going on. 

  

  

 "OH, HEROES FROM ANOTHER WORLD WELCOME TO ARTESIA EMPIRE" 

The old man repeated his declaration. 

  

  

The old man had caught the attention of my classmates who looked at him in confusion. 

I could not believe what he had just said and made me want to repeat what he just said. 

  

  

"Heroes, you say?" <Ryuusei> 

I said toward the old man who was standing in front of us with some knight-looking people and several important-looking people. 

Things happened so fast and I almost lost my mind. 

I tried to stay cool. 

I tried to grasp the current situation. 

Most of my classmates were in a state of shock, especially the girls. 

I felt a sense of helplessness from them so I mustered myself to keep the situation at hand. 

This must be caused by subconsciously feeling responsible for my classmates since I am the class president. 

  

  

Despite my efforts, four of my classmates namely Suguta Yoshiaga, Inaba Motoichi, Tsuchiya Daisetsu, and Nobira Naonobu made a scene. 

They were not considering the feeling of our classmate who was clearly in a state of shock and was not able to react. 

I tried to calm them down time and time again but this situation is making them more excited. 

They have also made the old wizard who calls himself the Imperial Magician Orga Les Versi and the knights who were watching over us uncomfortable. 

 
 

 
 

We moved into a conference room to discuss what just happened to us.   

There I heard a lot of unbelievable things. 

The four boys keep on asking weird questions at them. 

Hearing the terms: 

Skills, Stat, Mana, Level, Job, and other words that are used in video games in our world. 

  

  

At first, I thought we were transported back in time but none of the countries and maps resembles the one in our world. 

It seemed that the only similar thing between this world and our world was the language and the name of our world. 

What made me sure that this was not the world we were from was the existence of magic and the world seems to have a "GAME LIKE" feature to it. 

As I listen it was similar to most of the medieval fantasy worlds that I've read back in our world. 

This was a world where things like monsters, dragons, and other mystical races like elves and dwarfs existed. 

  

  

On that same day, we checked the status, jobs, and skills of each one in our class. 

When I checked the stone that displays the necessary information that involves our job, level, skill, and status. 

My eyes widen as I saw what was displayed when it was my turn to check my status. 

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Hano Ryuusei 

Title: The Hero from Another World 

Job: Hero 

Stats 

SRT: 121 VIT: 88 

AGI: 87 LUC: 41 

DEX: 90 INT: 109 

  

Skills: 

        Charisma 

        Growth 

 

[collapse]

 

  

"Hero…?" <Ryuusei> 

At that same moment, my classmates burst into cheers knowing that I was the Hero that Empire wanted to summon. 

  

  

After this, we ate dinner and then to the sleeping quarters to rest for the day. 

It was a nice room with a lot of beds. 

  

  

I was shocked by the fact that I was the Hero. 

Being the hero also means that it was in my hand whether we could go back to our world or not. 

Most of my classmates were looking at me with sparkling eyes. 

They held positive expectations for me. 

I smiled and acted confident. 

I showed no doubt and acted fine but in reality, there was a lot of pressure building up from within me. 

I felt afraid and I wanted to run away. 

  

  

"Hey! Hano let's do our best OK?" <Chiho> 

I heard a voice that started talking to me as I was in a daze trying to think of a way to escape from this responsibility. 

That person was Sakata Chiho. 

She was one of my classmates who were able to get a rare job that was said to have a lot of potential. 

Chiho is the Saint which is the best support Job class. 

  

  

"ah yeah, let’s do our best" <Ryuusei> 

I replied to her. 

She made a bright smile at me as she nods in agreement. 

  

  

Right behind Chiho were 2 of her other friends 

Muto Eiko and Haga Mizuko. 

They were also the other two who has the same promising job as Chiho. 

Eiko is a Sage which was the strongest magician-type Job class. 

While Mizuko had the Sword Princess Job which was the best warrior-type Job class. 

  

  

I did not notice it right away but before I knew it the four of us were chatting like usual. 

It was just like what we always do in school. 

These three, Chiho, Eiko, and Mizuko are close with me even back in our world. 

The four of us being together was not new. 

Now the four of us had obtained such jobs made us feel more "connected" because we were in quite a similar situation. 

  

  

"It's amazing that the four of us got rare jobs! Right Chi-chan?" <Eiko> 

Eiko said in Chiho's direction. 

Chiho responded with a nod while being amazed about that fact as well. 

  

  

"I feel that it was planned by someone for us to have these jobs..." <Eiko> 

Eiko continued to voice her feelings passionately toward me and the two girls 

  

  

"No ... on the other hand, I think that is not true..." <Mizuko> 

Mizuko disagreed with Eiko. 

While doing that Mizuko shifted her sight in a certain direction. 

I reflexively shifted my gaze toward the same direction where Mizuko directed her sight on. 

Chiho and Eiko did the same at the same time I looked in that direction. 

  

  

A girl was reading her notes while still lying down on her bed. 

She has a smile on her face not minding anyone. 

  

  

It was a black-haired girl with a sharp-looking eye. 

"Mizusawa?" <Ryuusei> 

I mutter her name as soon as she was in my sight. 

  

   

"Kazue-chi???" <Eiko> 

"Oh... I see." <Ryuusei> 

I said after realizing what Mizuko meant to say 

Back in school, Mizusawa Kazue was often with these three girls. 

They were the closest of friends. 

The reason why Mizuko disagreed a while ago was also because of this. 

If Kazue had obtained a rare job like Chiho and the other two then Eiko's claim that them getting rare jobs might be planned. 

Since Kazue did not have a rare job like the other three. 

Mizusawa Kazue was a swordsman, a job that was similar to our other classmates. 

A job class that is very common in this world. 

The only special thing about her was that she had a little bit better stat than most of our classmates. 

 But it was not on the level of the stats that the four of us had. 

  

  

"I hope she doesn't feel left out." <Ryuusei> 

I said in a worried voice. 

"You don't have to worry about Kazue, she's the type of person who does not mind this kind of stuff... Maybe just a little, but..." <Chiho> 

Chiho who was the longest friend of Kazue exclaimed. 

  

  

"But..." <Ryuusei> 

"Look at her carefully..." <Chiho> 

Chiho said to me while we are looking at Kazue. 

  

  

"Uwah~ she’s not fazed at all ... as expected from Kazue-chi" <Eiko> 

Eiko voiced out the result of her assessment of Kazue. 

"She looks happy if you ask me" <Mizuko> 

Mizuko retorted her observation also toward Eiko's assessment. 

At the distance, Kazue started giggling for no reason. 

The four who was watching her made difficult expression after seeing her like that. 

 
 

 
 

We continued our conversation for some more time. 

Our classmates had started lying on their beds to rest for the day. 

Eiko, Chiho and Mizuko went to bed to sleep. 

Only a dim light was left open. 

I lie down on one of the empty beds and stared at the empty ceiling of the sleeping quarter. 

That night I could not sleep. 

  

  

My mind was jumbled from all of the things that happened today. 

Part of me still could not believe it. 

I sighed. 

I feel that it was the deepest sigh I ever had in the 16 years I had lived. 

The responsibility of being the hero is starting to press on me. 

I wanted to pass this responsibility on to someone else. 

But as this thought was invading my mind, I heard a faint cry from one of my classmates. 

I did not know from whom specifically it was coming but it was enough to keep me from thinking of running away from my responsibility. 

I clenched my fist and cleared my mind. 

 
 

 
 

"Waaaaaaaaaaa!" <Female Voice> 

A cry started to reverberate in the room waking up some of my classmates from their deep sleep. 

My wandering mind came back into reality once again. 

I reached into my phone from my pocket and found out that it was already 4 AM. 

  

 
 

I went toward the origin of the cry and found out that it was one of my female classmates who woke up from a nightmare. 

Yamanaka Kirari was already there trying to pacify my crying classmate. 

  

  

"Yamanaka-san is everything alright?" <Ryuusei> 

"Ah, Pres. it's OK she just had a nightmare. Leave her to me." <Kirari> 

"Alright... just call me if you need something." <Ryuusei> 

"Thanks, Pres." <Kirari> 

"Don't call me that. Were in another world, being a class president does not matter anymore." <Ryuusei> 

"Still... Thank you." <Kirari> 

  

  

After a few minutes, the two girls went back to sleep. 

Kirari stayed beside the girl until she calmed down and fell asleep. 

  

  

My heart ached from seeing them suffer. 

I tried to ignore it since I did not want to carry the burden of becoming a hero. 

[I might as well get myself together. I can't be like this; I am the hero I must become strong for them. 

I walked toward the open window and stared out from the window. 

There was a faint light from torches or magical light sources outside. 

Since I can't get myself to sleep, I gave up and waited for the sun to rise. 

  

  

"Urgh." <Kazue> 

I heard a rustle from behind me. 

Without any reason, I follow that rustle and saw Kazue stretching her hand as she was preparing to get up from her bed. 

  

  

Her clothes were sloppy and wrinkled all over. 

She looked refreshed from her sleep. 

  

  

"Ah, Mizusawa you're up." <Ryuusei> 

I called her name. 

Just because. 

There was no particular reason behind it. 

  

  

"Hano, you're early to get up." <Kazue> 

She replied to me. 

The room was still a bit dark from the dim-lit room. 

Kazue was still sleepy since her eyes lack energy. 

It took her a bit more time before getting up from her bed. 

  

  

"You…" <Kazue> 

Kazue started talking to me. 

She wanted to say something to me so I listen to her. 

"You have to have a rest too you know." <Kazue> 

  

  

I felt that my eyes went wide. 

She realized that I was not able to sleep. 

I feel a bit happy that she noticed it but I still want to hide this fact from my classmates. 

Maybe I wanted someone to notice that I was under pressure from all these "Hero" talks. 

I had an urge to voice out my complaints to her but I stopped myself from doing just that. 

Instead, I said 

"No, It's ok" <Ryuusei> 

  

  

I felt Kazue's sharp gaze from where she was. 

She was still sitting on her bed while talking with me. 

"If you say so." <Kazue> 

  

  

I think of another topic so I could shift Kazue's attention from thinking that I am under pressure. 

"You look surprisingly fine with this Mizusawa" 

  

  

Her eyes became round as she was surprised by my sudden change of topic. 

"Ah... when you just look at this as a school trip, it will be a lot better for you." <Kazue> 

Kazue just replied with a very carefree tone. 

"School trip..." <Ryuusei> 

I was also surprised by her reply that I felt that my eyes became round too. 

Her carefree reply made me feel stupid from all the thinking I did that kept me up all night. 

I almost let out a laugh. 

In that instant, my mood lightens a lot and felt much better. 

I could not control my face to make a smile as I felt something lifted from my shoulder. 

  

  

"I am not particularly trying to cheer you up, but you are welcome." <Kazue> 

It seemed that Kazue notices the change in my mood. 

I had known Kazue for quite a while now since she was always with Chiho and the other two who were always with me. 

I spent most of my time with these girls from way back in our first year in High School. 

As a result, we can perceive each other as good friends, enough for us to sense the mood of one another by just looking at each other. 

  

  

She stood up from her bed and walked toward the window where I was standing. 

She leaned on the wall and peer outside. 

My eyes were glued toward her face which had a healthy natural blush. 

I could not help to think about how beautiful she was at that moment. 

Her scent reached my nose as she approached. 

 
 

 
 

[She smells nice. What am I thinking at times like this?] <Ryuusei> 

I shook my head to eliminate indecent thoughts from my mind and stared outside of the window as she did.  

I was thankful that she did not pay attention to me as she approached if not, she would notice me right away.  

I saw that the sun started to rise and I saw a beautiful sight that seemed to have erased the doubt in my heart. 

  

  

************************* 

  

  

We had our breakfast that morning and went out to test out our skills and status. 

Our Status cards were also given that morning before we started training. 

  

  

All of us were significantly stronger and faster than we were back in our world. 

This sudden boost in strength and speed boosted my confidence after realizing that I was strong. 

My status was the highest in all categories compared to all of my classmates. 

  

  

We started to train with the imperial soldier to test our strength. 

I was surprised that I could muster such strength. 

I held a sword and felt that it was a lot lighter than I expected. 

It seemed that my physical ability was exponentially boosted by my stats. 

In every swing, a wave of air followed. 

I strike the floor and an explosion of force burst and made destruction toward the ground. 

Since I was so strong the only one who could fight against me was the Empire’s elite knights. 

  

  

We had spent the day training. 

I noticed that the sky has a tint of orange. 

It was almost evening already.  

When night came, we were invited to join the emperor for dinner. 

While still wearing our uniforms, we went to the hall where we were first summoned into this world. 

  

  

It seemed that a party was going on. 

I could see important-looking people all around. 

The hall was arranged that is similar to that of a dancing ball. 

The people inside were in their formal clothes. 

  

  

On the right side of the large room was a long table full of food and drinks. 

Servants are right there waiting to serve the ones who would be eating that food. 

  

  

"Heroes! forgive me~ I was not able to properly welcome you yesterday because of some trouble. but I, Emperor Arcane Pau Artesia VI welcome you to Artesia Empire." <Emperor> 

  

  

With those words, the nobles around the room started clapping their hands while looking at us. 

Just like anyone would feel in this kind of situation, I felt a bit embarrassed. 

  

  

"Haha, you don’t have to be so stiff; How about you dig in the food for you to feel at ease." <Emperor> 

Then the servants near the table started approaching us and led us toward the table full of food. 

  

  

The Emperor gave some sort of signal. 

The music started playing. 

I have just noticed it but there was a band with a musical instrument who was at the right edge of the room just beyond where the foods were. 

It was a kind of music that would go well at a ball party. 

I feel that we do not belong to it since we are still wearing our school uniform. 

  

  

We started eating. 

After about 20 minutes. 

  

  

Most of us had finished eating and settled down. 

The nobles started approaching my classmates who are done eating.  

The Emperor stood up from the throne and walked toward me. 

"Good evening Hero." <Emperor> 

"Good evening Emperor." <Ryuusei> 

I bowed down toward the Emperor to greet him with respect. 

  

  

The Emperor started talking casually with me for a while asking about me, my classmates, and how we are doing in this world. 

As if it was to lull me unprepared and get caught unprepared of the sudden shift of topic. 

I asked something to the emperor that had been bugging my mind ever since we were summoned. 

"Emperor Pau, I want to ask you three questions and I want you to answer me honestly." <Ryuusei> 

Since I made a sudden shift in the conversation and asked it in a more serious tone the emperor also changed his tone while answering me. 

 
 

 
 

"I pledge on answering you the truth in the name of the goddess Gaiah." <Emperor> 

"It is certain that the demon lord is an evil being am I correct?" <Ryuusei> 

"Yes, most of the people in this world think so. There is no doubt about that. The demon king had been plaguing our land for a long time now. He had caused the death of a lot of humans as well as other races. Which in turn label the demon king as this world’s enemy." <Emperor> 

"Then, is it true that the only way we could go home is for me to defeat the demon lord?" <Ryuusei> 

"Yes, the core of the demon lord has enough power to create a magic portal to return you to your world without fail. We are really sorry for asking you to defeat the demon lord but as you can see... we are desperate as well." <Emperor> 

"I see… for my last question..." <Ryuusei> 

  

  

I paused for a while to prepare myself for the answer of the Emperor. 

This question came to me last night as I am trying to reject or justify the responsibility of becoming a hero. 

"Was it my fault that my classmates were transported into this world? Was the reason they were summoned here because they were near my location at the time we are summoned?" <Ryuusei> 

"As for the answer to that question can I answer instead, sir Hano? I doubt the Emperor knows the answer for that matter." <Orga> 

Another voice answered my question. 

It was the imperial magician Orga Les Versi. 

I looked at Orga who was behind the emperor, I nodded at him to acknowledge him to answer my question. 

"The summoning magic that we cast supposedly targets a human in your world with the Hero job. That is you. I am confident that your friends are just swallowed into the magic circle and accidentally summoned with you." <Orga> 

"In short, was it my fault they were also transported here?" <Ryuusei> 

"In a sense that is correct." <Orga> 

"So... it was my fault after all." <Ryuusei> 

  

  

It seems that the reason my classmate was summoned here in this world was all because of me. 

I know that nobody anticipated this to happen but the fact they are here because of me made me feel bad for them. 

"I..." <Ryuusei> 

I crumpled my fist as hard as I could to gather my courage and take responsibility for what I have caused them. 

  

  

I accepted the quest to defeat the demon lord. 

I wanted to take full responsibility for what I caused. 

  

  

I asked the emperor to protect my classmates as I went on the quest to defeat the demon lord. 

Three of my classmates namely Sakata Chiho, Muto Eiko, and Haga Mizuko decided to come with me in my quest to defeat the demon lord. 

I tried to stop them since I felt that this should be my responsibility and not theirs. 

In the end, I could not refuse them and accepted their help. 

  

After our talk 

5 of my classmates refused to be protected by the empire and decided to become adventurers. 

One of them was a close friend of mine. 

  

  

  

********************** 

Narrators POV 

  

 
 

 
 

  

A month had passed 

More than half of the class had already left the Castle. 

Only 8 out of the 28 in the class had remained in the castle. 

Now the four of them are about to depart as well. 

  

  

The action of Hano's Classmates made Hano resolve during the party to shoulder all of the responsibility for his classmates to return to their world in vain. 

None of them wanted Hano's protection, they wanted to carve their path to survive in this world on their own. 

This was especially true with Ryuusei's classmates with strong abilities. 

  

  

Hano Ryuusei and his party were set to start their quest to defeat the demon king today. 

Their party was composed of 6 people with Hano Ryuusei as its core. 

  

  

"Are you ready? Hero-sama?" 

Asked one of the party members. 

She had long blonde hair and blue eyes. 

She wears one-piece short pants. 

The clothes were mostly white with several designs with a blue hem at the edges of the clothes. 

There are long pieces of clothes hanging from her waist. 

A golden bow was hanging on her back as well. 

This person was the 3rd princess of the empire, Levethy Pau Artesia. 

She is one of the few citizens of this world who was blessed with a Rare job like Hano and the three girls. 

Levethy is a Spirit Archer, a job that excels in both long-range and scouting capabilities. 

  

  

"Yeah, also don't call me Hero, I would appreciate it if you just call me by my name." <Ryuusei> 

Hano Ryuusei replied. 

He was not wearing his school uniform anymore. 

He was wearing clothes enchanted with magic. 

The clothes look similar to a formal soldier uniform that is dyed in black. 

It looks good with Hano's black hair. 

An elaborate-looking sword hanging on his back was also emphasized with these clothes. 

  

  

"Ahh, ~ about time we go and kick that demon lord's butt!! I'm going to defeat him so we can go back home!" <Eiko> 

Muto Eiko said. 

Just like Hano Ryuusei, she was given mage-like clothes. 

It was mostly dyed red and black. 

She was holding a wooden staff with a beautiful crystal at its tip that emits a strong magical presence. 

  

  

"I thought I am ready but I am starting to have cold feet... uuuuuhhh I hope our mission would go well." <Chiho> 

Sakata Chiho mumbled to herself. 

Wear white clothes that are inspired to resemble a nun's clothes with a mix of fantasy designs. 

Like Eiko, she was carrying a staff but hers was made out of gold and had a complicated design. 

The tip of the staff has several dangling rings that make soothing ringing sounds whenever Chiho moves the staff. 

Just like Eiko the color of her hair had changed from dark brown into light brown. 

Her eyes changed colors from dark brown into bright green as well. 

  

  

  

"Haha, I doubt that to be true Chiho. If things were going to go as planned, then this mission is going to be easy. I doubt that is the case." <Mizuko> 

Haga Mizuko replied at Chiho's mumbles. 

She was wearing the same type of clothes that Hano wears but were dyed with light blue colors. 

She was carrying a rapier on her waist. 

  

  

"WHAHAHA! Now, now~ Heroes never expect that everything is going to go as planned. Expect the worst but be prepared. I know that if it's you, kids, you can manage to overcome these trials and become stronger!" <Knight Master/Victor> 

A bulky middle-aged man laughs loudly at the conversation between Chiho and Mizuko. 

This person was the Knight Master. 

His name is Victor Meister. 

He is also the strongest Soldier in the Empire. 

He joined their party to act as their mentor, guide, and teacher in their travel. 

With him wearing a full plate armor he looked like a giant with his wide and tall frame. 

His large sword which was about 1.5-meter-long looked like a short sword compared to his body size 

You can tell just by looking at him that he was a veteran who had faced numerous battles. 

  

  

This group is the Hero party which is tasked to defeat the demon lord to restore this world's peace. 

They were a party full of talented and strong members. 

  

  

It has been exactly 30 days since they arrived in this world. 

The time and date were easy to follow since the names of the month and how people track days were the same in their world. 

Hano who had his digital wristwatch had no problem keeping track of time and knew that it had been exactly 30 days since then. 

In a sense, a typical wristwatch was a cheat item here since it keeps you on track of the time without having any problem. 

Unlike the phone, the wristwatch can run for months or even years without running out of battery. 

All of the smartphones of the 28 heroes had run out of battery a long time ago. 

  

  

At exactly 8:00 AM they departed from the castle. 

They ventured from the Imperial capital 

Their destination was the Tree of life located far in the west of the Empire of Artesia. 

  

  

The reason they have to travel to the Tree of life was to obtain a certain Item. 

They would have to obtain the holy sword "Durandal". 

Hano needs this weapon to increase the success of his quest to defeat the demon lord and his army. 

The holy sword is being kept by the light elves who live in that area. 

  

  

From what Hano has heard from Victor. 

Traveling from the empire's capital to the tree of life would take a long time. 

Even if they traveled by carriage nonstop at full speed it would still take 2 to 3 weeks for them to arrive there. 

  

  

Since their party would be traveling on foot it would take a long time before they reach the tree of life. 

The reason for this was for the heroes to be able to face enough experience with fighting monsters and increase their level on their way. 

Even if they have trained in the castle with the soldiers in the past 30 days. 

The experience of fighting a monster and gaining EXP from it is still better than just training in the castle. 

This in-field experience would not only allow them to "level up" but also give them an actual battle experience where their lives were on the line. 

This was also a part of their training. 

  

  

As their party was going out of the city, they are welcomed by the crowd of people who was celebrating their departure to defeat the demon lord. 

It was a crowd full of life and hope. 

They are looking at the heroes with glittering eyes. 

Hano and the others felt embarrassed but they still waved at them with smiles on their faces. 

Their departure became a parade toward the western gate of the Empire. 

They had officially exited the Imperial Capital and started their venture. 

  

  

2 days had passed since their departure. 

The party had traveled quite a distance away from the Capital. 

On the way, they encountered monsters similar to a huge bear-like monster, human-sized snakes, large insect-like monsters, orcs, and goblins on their way. 

The party did not have much trouble dealing with these monsters because of their ridiculously high stats. 

They camped in the middle of the forest during the night while taking a turn to keep watch on monsters during the night. 

It was all thanks to Victor who had a lot of experience with this kind of situation and had skillfully guided the Hero's party on what they should do during this adventure. 

  

  

On the third day of their travel, they were able to leave the forest and followed a trail. 

Hano and his party had arrived in a small town called Bappor after about two hours of following this trail. 

It was just a small town with a population of just about 300 people. 

All of the structures and houses here were mostly made from wood and most houses are small houses with only 1 floor. 

  

  

This town was on the route going toward the Great Gaiah Forest where the party was planning to go. 

They still had a long way to go but they still were not in a rush to go to the Tree of Life to obtain the holy sword. 

This town was getting visited by traveling merchants and adventurers from time to time. 

Hence the town had made a simple inn for those people who wanted to rest. 

The inn was not extravagant, it was rather a simple inn. 

The building itself was not that big, it was just a small-time inn for small-time adventurers and merchants who plans to stay for a short time. 

The Inn uses the first floor of the building as a space where their customers could eat the food they serve as a part of their service. 

At the same time, it was also a public pub or eatery to keep it in business even without traveling visitors so several townspeople were eating in this place as well. 

This was the norm all over the world as well. 

  

  

They had decided to stay there for the day. 

Victor suggested that they should rest in this place for the day and continue their travel the next day. 

The party rented two rooms with male and female members separated. 

Hano and Victor were in the same room's room while the four girls were together in the other one. 

  

  

The innkeeper handed them 2 keys. 

"Here are the keys to your rooms" <Inn Keeper> 

"Thanks." <Ryuusei> 

Hano took the key and gave the key for the larger room to Chiho.  

"How about we place our things inside the rooms and meet here to eat later?" <Ryuusei> 

Hano said as he handed the keys. 

The party had separated for a while to check their rooms. 

  

  

They went to their room to fix their things before having dinner 

Chiho had opened the room with a key that the innkeeper gave them a while ago. 

It was a fairly furnished room. 

The room was not grand, it was a typical room that you would expect in a middle ages setting. 

Inside were two double-decker beds on both left and right sides of the room. the room was a bit large, about 6x5 meter room. 

opposite the door was a window facing the east. 

In front of that window was a table and beside it was a cabinet. 

  

  

Eiko saw the bed which immediately catches her attention. 

She ran and jumped on the bed. 

"Fuah~ at last, a proper room!" <Eiko> 

Eiko let out an exhausted breath after she jumped toward the bed of the room they have rented for the day. 

"Fufufu~ Eiko it's only been 3 days; it sounds like you have been traveling for a long time" <Mizuko> 

Mizuko teasingly said to Eiko who was lying face down on the bed. 

She turned her head to face Mizuko and replied to her. 

"uhhg~ at least now we don’t have to wake up and take a turn during the night watch. We can sleep peacefully without taking a turn sleeping during the night! Also, no more bugs!" <Eiko> 

They laughed in agreement. 

  

  

"Ah, come to think of it. Levethy you are surprisingly alright with sleeping outside? have you experienced something like this before?... even though you're a princess..." <Eiko> 

Eiko said while still lying face down on the bed. 

"I was also surprised when I saw that you were alright with sleeping on hard surfaces, I was really surprised... even though you're a princess..." <Mizuko> 

Mizuko added a query for Levethy to answer. 

"yup! my image of you had changed! you were surprisingly flexible! ... even though you're a princess..." <Chiho> 

Chiho added more. 

"Could you stop saying "... even though you're a princess..."?! were party members now you can at least have confidence in me, right?! I would appreciate it if you don't treat me like a princess... even though I am a Princess..." <Levethy> 

The blonde princess answer to react to the three heroes’ comments about her to voice out her feelings. 

  

  

"Ahaha sorry sorry~" <Chiho> 

Chiho apologized. 

She was just joking with Levethy. 

  

  

Levethy then answered their question. 

"-Cough-... as long as you understand. This is my first time sleeping outdoors. To be honest this had been a dream of mine when I was a child. I wanted to experience things like this. Honestly, I am looking forward to experiencing sleeping outdoors." <Levethy> 

"hee~ and how was it?" <Eiko> 

Eiko, Chiho, and Mizuko awaited Levethy's feedback on her experience. 

"It was fun! aside from the BUGS!" <Levethy> 

Levethy gave an honest answer with a big smile on her face, mixed with a quite problematic expression as she said the word "bugs". 

  

  

Victor and Hano were waiting for the girls downstairs reserving chairs for the four girls. 

After a few minutes, the four girls came down the stairs from the third floor of the Inn. 

  

  

They ordered the Inn's specialty and started to eat. 

It looked like a slice of simple fried meat that is seasoned with herbs and spices. 

The six started to eat the food and were surprised by the taste of the food. 

It was deceptively tasty despite how dull it looked. 

  

  

After getting satisfied with the food. 

They had started having simple chats.  

There were several other people around as well having a good time eating at other tables. 

"This adventure had been fun for me! I want to hear about your experience as well! I want to hear your opinions as people from another world. From the perspective of another world's citizen" <Levethy> 

Levethy started asking how the heroes feel during their travel. 

She asked this casually at her party members. 

"Hmnn I wonder, Mizuko what do you think?" <Chiho> 

Chiho asked for Mizuko's thoughts for she was sitting right beside her. 

"Me? ... Let’s see I had fun fighting with real monsters, my blood was rushing all over my body... how do I put this...? ummmhmm... I feel more alive? yeah, I feel more alive than ever!" <Mizuko> 

"Heeee~ how about you Eiko?" <Chiho> 

After hearing Mizuko's thoughts Chiho asked Eiko as well. 

"Me?! well, I suppose it's fun? but I hate the bugs and those insects-looking monsters." <Eiko> 

"Hahaha, yeah it was really funny when you almost burned a part of the forest after seeing the Giant mantis after all. It was an overkill" <Levethy> 

Levethy remembered a time from their adventures during the past 2 days 

"Stop it! Stop it! I don’t want to remember that disgusting monster anymore!" <Eiko> 

Eiko's complexion changed while remembering the things that she had turned into cinders during their travel on the way. 

The party started laughing at Eiko's expression while remembering that memory in their mind as well. 

  

  

"How about you miss Chiho?" <Levethy> 

Levethy asked Chiho about her thought as well. 

Her gaze looked at something distant in the ceiling. 

"Let’s see... It kind of reminds me of the times when I and Kazue were young. Our parents would often bring us to the mountain to camp outdoors every once in a while. It's kind of Nostalgic in a way." <Chiho> 

Her eyes were showing a feeling of nostalgia and longing while remembering the past. 

  

  

While wondering for the reason Chiho made this reaction, Levethy repeated a word that did not register to her. 

"Kazue??" <Levethy> 

Levethy made a dumb-looking face since it was the first time she heard of the name. 

Eiko realized that Levethy had never met Kazue before. 

"Right! Levethy has not met Kazue." <Eiko> 

"Who is she?" <Levethy> 

"She is a very close friend of ours!" <Eiko> 

"So, she's a person from your world then?" <Levethy> 

"Nope..." <Eiko> 

"huh?" <Levethy> 

Mizuko suddenly interjected their conversation after realizing that Levethy had a miss understanding. 

"Kazue was summoned here in this world together with us as well." <Mizuko> 

"Huh? but I never met a person with such a name during our training." <Levethy> 

Levethy explained as she still had no idea who the girls were talking about. 

  

  

Mizuko thought of a way to explain the situation to Levethy and had an idea. 

"I am sure you heard about some of us leaving the castle on the 3rd day we were summoned right?" <Mizuko> 

"Yeah, as I was told it was the problem child who has made trouble on Orga right?" <Levethy> 

"She is not one of "those guys". but yeah she is one of those guys who had left that day" <Mizuko> 

"Ah! Oh! I do remember hearing it from one of the knights! The girl who impressed the soldiers of the castle! I heard that there was this talented female swordsman with the heroes who left without training at the castle and became an adventurer!" <Levethy> 

"Yeah, that is probably her." <Mizuko> 

"Kazue had been a weirdo even ba...." <Eiko> 

Eiko stopped speaking as a loud shout rang from one of the people talking at the neighboring table. 

  

  

"WHAT?! UNDEAD KNIGHT IN THE FOREST?!!!" <Customer A> 

A shout was heard from one of the customers of the inn. 

Hano and their party looked in the direction of the scream. 

  

  

There were two men at that table. 

They seem to be adventurers judging from their clothes and the aura they give off. 

  

  

"IT'S TRUE! I SAW ONE WHEN I WAS EXPLORING THE FOREST!" <Customer B> 

"EHH?? That sounds fishy... you're just playing me!" <Customer A> 

"No! I am certain!" <Customer B> 

"tskk~ that's bull, Undead Knight can only be seen inside dungeons so there's no way you would see one in the forest." <Customer A> 

  

  

"Hey, Victor." <Ryuusei> 

Hano called the attention of Victor who has been listening to the two adventurers 

"Does finding an Undead Knight in the Forest that weird?" <Ryuusei> 

"HAHAHA, It's not just weird but it's something unheard of! No one had ever seen an Undead Knight outside a dungeon." <Victor> 

"Then, do you think that that man is lying?" <Ryuusei> 

"It is possible, but I could not feel any hint of a lie from the tone of that guy. I think it's worth checking it out." <Victor> 

  

  

Victor stood up and walked toward the two men. 

"hey about that story could you share it with me too? as payment I'll treat you to some booze" <Victor> 

Victor joined the two men casually. 

He listens to the story of the guy who was an adventurer like what they had assumed a while ago. 

  

  

According to his story. 

He was doing an errand quest from the adventurer's guild in the south to deliver a letter to the guild master of the Capital. 

Earlier today, when was on his way here from the City of Altus he stumbled upon an Undead knight deep into the forest. 

Since he felt odd that such a monster was in such a place he decided to flee from that area. 

  

  

Altus is a large city south of this place. 

It was not that far away, traveling here to Altus would only take a day walking on foot. 

Since the situation seems to be odd, Victor suggested that they should at least investigate what was going on. 

They decided that they would investigate the forest the next day. 

  

  

The next day. 

The party departed from the town and went straight toward the forest where the man claimed to have encountered an Undead Knight. 

As the party entered the forest they felt a sinister aura coming deep inside the forest. 

The weak monster in the forest is avoiding the deeper part of the forest. 

  

  

Victor noticed the situation right away. 

"Hmnn it seemed that that man is not lying after all." <Victor> 

Hano and the four girls nodded at Victor in harmony. 

  

  

"Should we retreat?" <Ryuusei> 

"No, we should at least see what is going on." <Victor> 

Victor replied to Hano's suggestion. 

"Got it." <Ryuusei> 

  

  

"Then I should summon a spirit to survey the surrounding" <Levethy> 

Levethy whispered something into the air and a small light emerged around her and flew toward the deeper part of the forest. 

She gently closes her eyes staying still while the small light traverses the forest. 

Levethy is a Spirit Archer that allows her to talk with spirits and use them to scout the surrounding. 

The small lights were spirits 

These Spirits give information from their surroundings. 

  

  

A few minutes later. 

"It seems that the spirit had found something abnormal in the forest. "wait... Kyaaaa!!!" <Levethy> 

Levethy suddenly fell to the floor after something invisible broke around her. 

"Levethy" <Ryuusei> 

Hano and the girls became concerned about Levethy who had fallen on the floor. 

"Levethy! what happened!" <Chiho> 

“The spirit was destroyed!” <Levethy> 

  

  

"Princess what have you found out!" <Victor> 

Victor asked Levethy what she had found with her spirit.  

"My spirit was destroyed! It saw several undead monsters in the forest." <Levethy> 

"No way?!" <Ryuusei> 

The heroes could not believe what was happening. 

  

  

  

"Tsk, something weird is going on." <Victor> 

Hano saw that Victor's expression became more serious than he usually does. 

With this, Hano and the party realized the seriousness of the situation at hand. 

"What else have you discovered Princess?" <Victor> 

"Uh, it seems that there is an army of undead inside the forest. I could not tell how many there are exactly but there was at least 1000 undead there and there are several strong undead as well." <Levethy> 

  

  

"This is bad right?!" <Eiko> 

Eiko said to her party members 

"Yeah, if nothing is done then this could become something serious." <Victor> 

"Then we must do something." <Ryuusei> 

"How?! There's just 6 of us here there's no way we could deal with a thousand of undead army?!" <Chiho> 

A sense of panic was painted on her face. 

  

  

"I think we can manage to fight them! Were strong after all!" <Eiko> 

Eiko yelled but the tone in her voice did not carry her usual confidence. 

"No, that would be a bad move, especially since we don't know how strong the enemy forces are." <Mizuko> 

Mizuko immediately turned down what Eiko proposed right away.  

"Then what should we do?" <Eiko> 

Eiko look around asking for an idea from her party members. 

  

  

  

Victor voiced his idea to guide them on the best course of action to take in this kind of situation. 

"We must report this to the nearest adventurer guild. This kind of thing is the specialty of the adventurers." <Victor> 

"Eh? should we be noticing the Empire?" <Chiho> 

"No, the empire does not deal with things that involve monsters that much. They leave this kind of work to the adventurers." <Victor> 

"Should we go back to the Capital then?" <Hano> 

"No, Altus is much closer than the Empire Capital. We should go there at once and report our findings." <Victor> 

  

  

They rushed toward the City of Altus to report what they had discovered. 

They were able to arrive in the City of Altus later that day and reported at the Guild.  

Immediately, the Adventurers guild sent a scouting team to investigate the report of the hero's party and found out about the situation in the forest. 

Later on, they found out that an army of more than 4,000 undead was marching inside the forest with several strong monsters. 

  

  

3 days later. 

“This is bad! The undead... they had started to march toward here!” <Adventurer> 

An Adventurer reported toward the guild Master of the city of Altus 

  

  

  

  

* The hero’s party stats ATM * 

Spoiler

  

Name: Hano Ryuusei 

Title: The Hero from Another World 

Job: Hero 

Lv: 2 

  

Stats 

SRT: 129 VIT: 90 

AGI: 91 LUC: 41 

DEX: 93 INT: 113 

  

Skills: 

        Charisma 

        Growth 

        Hero's Will 

        Sword Mastery (I) 

        Magic Sword (I) 

 

[collapse]

 

  

* * * * 

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Levethy Pau Artesia 

Title: Artesia's 3rd Princess 

Job: Sprit Archer 

Lv: 4 

  

Stats 

SRT: 20 VIT: 21 

AGI: 72 LUC: 14 

DEX: 81 INT: 63 

  

Skills: 

        Spirit Connection 

        Bow Mastery (II)        

        Spirit Magic (II) 

        Magic Arrow (II) 

        Spirit Eyes (I) 

        Stealth (I) 

        Tracking (I) 

 

[collapse]

 

  

* * * * 

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Muto Eiko 

Title:    

Job: Sage 

Lv: 1 

  

Stats 

SRT: 15 VIT: 18 

AGI: 17 LUC: 15 

DEX: 51 INT: 114 

  

Skills: 

        Magic Savant 

        Fire Magic Mastery (II) 

        Water Magic Mastery (I) 

        Earth Magic Mastery (I) 

        Wind Magic Mastery (I) 

        Fire Ball (I) 

        Flame Arrow (I) 

        Fire Pilar (I) 

        Water ball (I) 

        Earth Spike (I) 

        Wind Cutter (I) 

        Memory (I) 

        Parallel Thought (I) 

 

[collapse]

 

  

* * * * 

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Sakata Chiho 

Title:    

Job: Saint 

Lv: 1 

  

Stats 

SRT: 15 VIT: 53 

AGI: 10 LUC: 56 

DEX: 12 INT: 92 

  

Skills: 

        Soothing 

        Life Aura (I) 

        Heal (I) 

        Brave (I) 

        STR Enchant (I) 

        AGI Enchant (I) 

        DEX Enchant (I) 

        INT Enchant (I) 

        VIT Enchant (I) 

        LUC Enchant (I) 

        Holy Spear (I) 

 

[collapse]

 

  

* * * * 

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Haga Mizuko 

Title:    

Job: Sword Princess 

Lv: 1 

  

Stats 

SRT: 83 VIT: 48 

AGI: 102 LUC: 9 

DEX: 63 INT: 15 

  

Skills: 

        Sword Savant 

        Mana Shroud (I) 

        Quick Cut (I) 

        Power Strike (I) 

        Speed Enchant (I) 

        Moon Swing (I) 

        Aura Blade (I) 

 

[collapse]

 

  

  

  

Spoiler

 

Name: Victor Meister 

Job: Magic Knight 

Lv: 42 

  

Stats 

SRT: 364 VIT: 279 

AGI: 264 LUC: 19 

DEX: 246 INT: 314 

  

*I’ll show this much for Victor for now* 

He has a lot of titles and skills~ 

  

[collapse]

 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

Author Note: 

This storyline would continue in chapters 17 - 24 focusing mostly on KAZUE POV. 

This event will be the common point of conclusion for all of the characters that will be introduced in the next chapters. 

  

I originally planned a harem situation for Hano in this chapter. 

The problem with this chapter is that. 

This chapter is already at 7.9k+ words so I stopped myself from doing that for now. 

I will work on that harem stuff in future chapters. 

For now, I need to set up the “monster stampede” event more than making Hano a female magnet. 

  

Kek! I can feel how hard writers work on their stuff now~ this thing needs time to work on. 

“Writing” I mean, I still have to proofread and edit this on my own it’s time-consuming! 

Spoiler

well... it's still faster for me to write than to draw this in detail tho` 

I can't imagine making manga for this... 

Just thinking how much time it would take me to work on it makes me want to puke. 

Kudos to those webtoons, Manga, and comic makers~ 

I hope I can do what you are doing... soon

[collapse]

 

I was making character sheets but I am still far from done~ because I still need to re-read and edit the chapter~ 

I will show you these character sheets later on… maybe next week or in the next one. 

I still need to work and all… 

 

 

13