Chapter 54: Boss Room and Spectator
222 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazue POV 

  

  

  

  

We arrived in front of the boss room. 

  

  

I stood agape looking at the eerie-looking door. 

It was a stone wall with delicate patterns engraved on it making it look ominous. 

[Yep, just by looking at the door I could tell that a boss is inside.] 

I looked around and saw that there were less than 20 people present there including me and miss Lavi. 

  

  

I surveyed the room and saw some familiar faces. 

The most prominent amongst them was the tall man wearing full-plated armor, the man with a wizard-like outfit, and lastly, the man wearing a ragged robe covering his whole body. 

I know about them; I’ve taken some time to take note of their faces before coming inside the dungeon. 

After all, these people were the adventurer leading the raid. 

  

  

First, the tall man wearing full-plated armor with a large shield and a short sword. 

His name is Rozos, the leader of the Rising Brigade party and a legit B-rank adventurer with a job-class Knight. 

He was a huge middle-aged man with a large muscular frame. 

In terms of appearance, he has that “reliable uncle” feel to his appearance. 

  

  

The second man wearing a ragged robe over his body with a green striped bandana tied to his head is Vred, the leader of the Closed Valley party. 

Just like Rozos-san, he is a legit B-rank adventurer with a job class Spearman. 

He is in a rival relationship with Rozos-san. 

  

1 

Last but not least was the man wearing a wizard outfit and carrying a nice-looking wand in his right hand. 

He wears glasses and he looks very smart. 

He looks to be the oldest of these three prominent figures that I’ve taken note of. 

He looks to be in his 40s, he kinda reminds me of a smart-looking businessman. 

He had a face that will look good in a formal suit. 

He is also a B-ranked adventurer he is a solo adventurer like me. 

His name is Hayden. 

  

  

Miss Lavi looked around, surveying the adventurers standing idle in front of the door. 

The man who led us here is a member of the Rising Brigade. 

Both Rising Brigade and Closed Valley has 7 members each. 

Including miss Lavi, Hayden-san, and me, there is a total of 17 people present. 

“huh?” <Kazue> 

I looked around looking for more people. 

  

  

“Where are miss Lavi’s party members?” <Kazue> 

I muttered wondering where were miss Lavi’s party members. 

“Oh, they’ll catch up… eventually.” <Lavi> 

Instead, miss Lavi replied to my random mutter. 

[Oh, we must have left them in the dust. I should be more surprised if they managed to catch up with her speed.] 

  

  

An enthusiastic voice echoed through the pathway where we stood. 

“ALRIGHT! SINCE LAVI IS HERE, SHALL WE GO AND CHALLENGE THE BOSS?” <Vred> 

It was Vred who looked very excited, I could tell that he was itching to wield his spear. 

He even twirled the spear around him to hype himself up. 

  

  

“OOOH! Let's GO!!!” <Rozos> 

Not losing to mister Vred’s enthusiasm, mister Rozos also yelled. 

He too was showing excitement, they looked very confident. 

  

  

“Haah… this is why the young ones are very tiring.” <Hayden> 

On the other hand, mister Hayden was not that enthusiastic about raiding the boss room. 

He looked very tired and uninterested. 

It was the look of those old businessmen who are getting tired of their work. 

  

  

All of the adventurers including Vred’s and Rozos’ party members glanced at miss Lavi. 

I notice that I was still being carried on her arm. 

I squirmed around to escape from miss Lavi's arm, she willingly lets me go. 

I got embarrassed being seen carried by miss Lavi. 

I feel that I've got caught doing something shameful. 

In the end, I bowed my head toward the adventurers, averting my eyes away from them from my shame. 

[Ughh... My pride...] <Kazue> 

  

  

Miss Lavi observed all of the participants and nodded satisfyingly. 

“Three B-ranks and 12 C-ranks… I guess this would be enough?” <Lavi> 

She evaluated our fighting force, Miss Lavi gave an approving smile before saying, “Let’s go”. 

Upon hearing miss Lavi’s “Go” signal the adventurer excluding me and Hayden-san, roared. 

  

  

“Okay, mister Rozos, open the door.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi instructed mister Rozos to open the door. 

We all walked inside the room. 

  

  

“Kazue-chan, from now on don’t leave my side.” <Lavi> 

[Kazue-chan? Why “chan” all of a sudden?] 

For some reason, I feel that miss Lavi has taken quite a liking to me. 

But for now, I decided to ignore it and focus on the moment. 

I changed my look into my serious face and observed the situation. 

“I understand.” <Kazue> 

I walked beside miss Lavi and did not leave her side. 

  

  

All of the adventurers here are C-rank and above. 

I could tell that all of them are as strong or even stronger than I am. 

None of them seems to be lacking in skill. 

Right at that moment… 

  

  

The room was lit with torches hanging all over the room. 

The entire room was a mostly flat surface, only the stalactite pillars were the only obstruction that can be seen. 

The Boss room itself was a large cavern, it was dome in shape. 

The space inside could fit an entire football field and the ceiling was about 15 meters at its peak. 

The room looked very similar to that of the monster houses I’d seen inside the dungeon. 

There was no special structure that can be noticed inside. 

  

  

Now that we’ve entered the boss room, I started imagining what the Kobold King looked like. 

The image I had in mind was a large kobold with some striking features. 

I would not be surprised if it was larger than that of the Kobold general. 

Well, it’s the king after all. 

  

  

As we continued to walk forward up until we reached the center of the boss room. 

Suddenly the room became brighter as magical orbs of light appeared and illuminated the place. 

At that time all of the members of this team readied their weapons and heightened their senses. 

All of us looked around. 

Kobold started appearing from all sides encircling our group. 

  

  

I observed the situation and was awed by how quickly the members of these groups reacted. 

None of them were startled, on the contrary, they are relaxed. 

No... I feel that they became even more excited. 

They were wearing a confident look on their face and focused on what they had to do next. 

Because of their reaction, instead of getting flustered, I became at ease being enveloped within their atmosphere. 

  

  

I looked at the three people leading the group. 

The three of them were looking in a single direction. 

[???] 

I wondered why, and so I looked in the direction where the three were looking at. 

There I saw 4 large kobolds standing side by side. 

Those kobolds seem to be Kobold Generals. 

In the middle of those 4 was a lean-looking kobold with a sword and a shield. 

It was giving off an aura that I’d never felt before. 

I could feel the hair on my body standing up from just looking at that kobold. 

  

  

Why... That Kobold was not that large or anything, it was human-sized at the very least. 

It was only walking forward as a normal kobold would do. 

The only special thing about this kobold was its cool-looking armor and its pure white mane. 

It gazes upon all of the adventurers in the room. 

When I saw its golden eyes, I almost stepped back from intimidation. 

I instinctively reached out for my sword to protect myself. 

  

  

I felt something over my shoulder. 

It made me shudder out of surprise. 

When I looked at what was on my shoulder, it was miss Lavi’s hands. 

“That’s the kobold king.” <Lavi> 

“Eh…?” <Kazue> 

  

  

It seems that miss Lavi noticed that I was intimidated and tapped me on my shoulder to shake me out. 

"Sorry I lost my composure there..." <Kazue> 

I apologized to miss Lavi. 

She shook her head and returned it with a smile. 

To be honest I felt safe with her on my side. 

  

  

Miss Lavi was looking directly at the Kobold King eye to eye and she was not even affected. 

It was quite the opposite; I feel that miss Lavi was looking down at the monster with a smug face. 

“From here on, be sure to watch the battle carefully. I'm sure that by just watching the boss raid you can learn some tricks or two from your senpai that you can apply later on.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi said with her charming voice. 

After those words all of the fear that I felt earlier faded and changed my focus to the battle at hand. 

  

  

The kobold king raised his hand and pointed at us. 

At that moment the group of kobold generals and the kobolds encircling us charged at us. 

There were Kobold Archers, Kobold Knights, Kobold Mage, Kobold Shaman, Kobold Elite, and a few Kobold Leaders charging and aiming at us. 

All in all, there were a total of about 70-80 kobolds minions rushing. 

  

  

In response Archers and mages from both the Rising Brigade and Closed Valley party shoots magic and arrows at the charging monster. 

Vred-san and Rozos-san charged at the Kobold King. 

At the same time, Hayden is shooting impressive-looking magic at the four kobold generals stopping their advance. 

Instantly the boss room turned into a war zone. 

  

  

It was the first time I saw impressive magic flying around. 

There is a dragon-shaped water magic flying, swallowing several kobolds in its way. 

It rained magic arrows over the rushing kobolds. 

An explosion of lightning bolts disintegrated a kobold in just 1 hit. 

The fissuring of the earth swallowing kobolds into the depth of hell. 

  

  

Immediately the number of kobolds fell. 

From about 80 kobolds, their numbers were reduced to about 60 in an instant. 

The archers and the mages targeted the Kobold shaman, Kobold archer, and Kobold leaders standing behind the horde of charging Kobolds. 

Meanwhile, the melee fighters in our groups skillfully took on 3-5 kobolds at a time. 

It was apparent that those minions were nothing for the likes of them. 

  

  

Being at the center of the formation. 

I could tell, just by looking at those guys that were as strong as I am. 

I could even see some who were cut above the rest. 

One was the adventurer who notified miss Lavi that they have found the boss room. 

He moved so fast that none of the kobolds were able to catch his movements. 

  

  

Looking from quite afar, I could see his movements. 

With just his speed alone, he overwhelmed those kobolds with ease. 

In just a matter of 5 seconds, he already took out several Kobolds with his two daggers in hand. 

“Wow. He’s so fast…” <Kazue> 

I said in awe. 

  

  

“That adventurer’s name is Chance. He’s a member of the Rising brigade party.” <Lavi> 

And out of nowhere, Miss Lavi decided to tell me about him, she seems to have noticed that I was watching that particular adventurer. 

“Is he a B-rank adventurer? He looks so impressive. Look at those fast movements.” <Kazue> 

I asked since I’m quite sure that the only B-rank adventurer in the raiding party was Vred-san, Hayden-san, Rozos-san, and Lavi-san. 

Seeing that adventurer, I suspect that he too was B-rank as well. 

  

  

“Fufufu, nope he’s only C-rank, but well I guess his speed is top-notch. His AGI is probably on par with an elite B-rank adventurer.” <Lavi> 

“Eh? He’s just C-rank?” <Kazue> 

“Well, his speed is surely impressive. But the thing is, his attack would not work on strong monsters. For example, if he was to fight against the Kobold general, his attack would barely even scratch it.” <Lavi> 

“Oh… I see…” <Kazue> 

[So, his speed is so high but he does not have attacks that can pierce the defense of sturdy monsters? Well, if the monster could not even catch him neither of them will be able to win. At least he can escape whenever he likes with his speed.] 

[I wonder… If I am to fight that guy will I be able to follow his movements?] 

[No, no, no it's impossible… I may be able to handle it for a while but with that speed, I don’t know if I could keep up. Even with my (Concentration) skill, I don’t know if I can perceive his attacks.] 

  

  

“But well… if you are to fight him, Chance will probably win against you…” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi said teasingly, with a deadly sharp look toward me. 

She probably read my mind. 

“Guueee.” <Kazue> 

I let out a weird noise realizing this. 

I tried to laugh it off while scratching my head with my right hand. 

Miss Lavi giggles, she's probably the type of person who loves teasing others. 

“Well, you should also watch over there… I think the two of you have quite similar skill sets. Why not watch him instead.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi pointed with her crossed arm to direct my sight elsewhere. 

  

  

In the direction where miss Lavi was pointing, an adventurer is fighting impressively with his sword. 

He moved quite agile and his sword skill was quite impressive as well. 

It was a typical-looking uncle with a goatee on his chin. 

Wearing nice-looking light armor, he moves skillfully in the middle of the fight. 

Unlike me he was not using a Katana but a Long sword. 

And just as Miss Lavi suggested I watched how he fought. 

  

  

I could see that his sword was glowing and his face looked blank which seems too focused on the fight. 

“Here's a question… what skill is he using right now.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi asked me a sudden question. 

I was quite caught off guard by the sudden question that I could not give my reply right away. 

It took me several moments to observe the adventurer. 

“Uhmm… Since his sword is giving-off a faint glow, he must be using (Aura Blade) right?” <Kazue> 

“Hmmm, hmmm~…” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi nods to my answer. 

  

  

I do notice that his body has a faint glow as well. 

“Uhmm, he’s using (Mana Shroud) as well and I guess, (Concentration) too?" <Kazue> 

“Yep, yep, correct and correct but you are still missing one more skill.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi nods but it seems that my answer was incomplete. 

And so, I looked at the adventurer closer. 

But in the end, I could not decern any other skill other than those I pointed out. 

After some moments, I was unable to discern the last skill he was using. 

It was probably a skill that I have no knowledge of or some skill that I could not perceive by just looking. 

  

  

“Bubu, time’s up, and the answer is… Alden-chan is using the skill (Accelerate)!” <Lavi> 

She said like she was some kind of a female host of some quiz type TV-show. 

The adventurer’s name was Alden. 

I am aware of the skill, (Aura blade), (Mana Shroud), and (Concentration), but not (Accelerate). 

“(Accelerate)?” <Kazue> 

I said in an asking manner. 

“Yep, (Accelerate). It’s a skill that speeds up your thought process and moving speed. It’s quite a useful skill don’t you think?” <Lavi> 

She explained pointing her finger up and waving at me as she explains. 

[As I guess, it was that kind of skill. I did have an idea of what it was since it has the name (Accelerate) it is a skill related to speed. I was not expecting that it also affects thought processing. If that is the case it’s a very useful skill. It will work well with my (Concentration) skill.] 

“Hee~ what a useful skill... I would love to learn it if possible.” <Kazue> 

“Fufufu… I’m sure you do. I guess I can teach you how to use it later if you want.” <Lavi> 

“Really?! YES! YES! Please do.” <Kazue> 

Out of nowhere, she offered that she would teach me how to use the skill. 

Hell yes! Of course, I would love to learn it. 

  

  

I continued watching with the purpose of “learning”. 

Since the adventurer Alden seems to have a similar skill set to mine, I continued watching him. 

As I can see, he also has the job class Swordsman. 

I watch as the adventurer was fighting one of the kobolds. 

One of the kobolds started to fall back after getting disarmed. 

I placed myself in his position and imagine how to chase after it. 

[If it were me, I would use (Burst) and then finish it off with an attack.] 

Instead, the adventurer came into a stance. 

[?!] 

  

  

Then suddenly. 

“YAH!!” <Alden> 

That same adventurer used a skill that I was quite familiar with. 

“that’s…” <Kazue> 

  

  

Alden used a familiar skill that I’ve seen before. 

A crescent shape light shoots out of his sword as he swung it sword toward the Kobold running away. 

It was the same move the Undead Knight used when I fought in the Undead King’s Lair dungeon from before. 

“Oh, did that skill perk your interest too?” <Lavi> 

“I’ve seen that skill before, it was when I was fighting against an Undead Knight. I never thought that it’s a skill that can be learned.” <Kazue> 

“Ahhh… Undead Knight… yep that’s the same Skill. It’s called (Sword Wave). Well… since you already know how to use (Aura blade), I guess it won’t be that hard to learn that skill.” <Lavi> 

“Oh!!! Please teach me that too.” <Kazue> 

“Sure…” <Lavi> 

“REALLY! WOW! THANKS!” <Kazue> 

  

  

[Wow, if I am to learn that… I can do that move…] 

I imagine myself performing the skill (Sword Wave). 

While performing the skill I imagined myself screaming “G*tsuga T*nsho.” 

-lol- 

I laughed at how comical that would look. 

For some reason, I have the urge to see Chiho, after all, she also watched that same show. 

[I wonder how she’ll react to that.] 

  

  

Then I hear the familiar giggle of miss Lavi. 

“Fufu… Kazue-chan is an interesting fellow…” <Lavi> 

[???] 

It seems that she had been watching me all this time. 

I also realized that I was moving my body as if I was performing the skill imaginatively. 

In turn, my eyes went wide realizing what I did. 

“Ahkk…” <Kazue> 

When I realized how childish I acted, I pulled up my hood to hide my red face. 

For some reason, I feel that I’ve acted like a child asking my parents for new toys at the toy store. 

I composed myself by clearing my throat. 

-ahem- 

And again, I focused on watching the battle as a whole once again. 

I could not just watch 1 person during this battle. 

After all, there’s a lot of interesting stuff happening all around. 

  

. 

. 

. 

  

  

It has been about 10 minutes since the battle started. 

At that time, all of the minions had already fallen. 

Only the 4 Kobold Generals and the Kobold King were remaining. 

  

  

As I and miss Lavi stood from the sideline watching the whole thing happen. 

“This is where things are going to get interesting.” <Lavi> 

Miss Lavi declared. 

  

  

At the moment, 4 Kobold generals are being dealt with by the members of the Rising Brigade and Closed Valley. 

At the same time Rozos-san, Vred-san, and Hayden-san were teaming up to fight the Kobold king. 

They are using advanced skills to fight against the Kobold king. 

  

  

I ignored how those skilled adventurers deal with the Kobold Generals, it was just a matter of time till they defeat that monster. 

Since I’d already fought a Kobold general before, I decided to just watch the fight with the Kobold King. 

I focused all my attention on where Vred-san, Rozos-san, and Hayden-san were fighting, I was in awe watching them fight. 

There were on a completely different level compared to their party members. 

I could not see myself fighting against those guys, they are completely on a different level. 

  

  

(Concentration) 

I activated a skill so I could not miss a detail in the fight. 

  

  

[Now... let's watch how B-rank adventurers fight.] 

12