Chapter 1 Multiverse Gamer System
36 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man named Ichikawa Kyoutarou was now looking at a floating blue screen in front of him in a daze. 

 

He had read a novel where the main character of the story had a system screen like this, and here he was waking up from his slumber and realizing that he had acquired a similar system himself. 

 

He couldn't believe it. Was his life going to be some kind of fiction for others to read?

 

'Again, my brain really likes to mess with me.'

 

He sighed and composed himself, then read the notifications on the screen.

 

[Congratulations to the host for succeeding in connecting with the multiverse gamer system.]

 

"Multiverse Gamer System?"

 

Kyoutarou's eyes went wide. 

 

Out of all the systems, he got the best and the worst system ever. It was the best because it could help him reach the peak very quickly, but it was the worst when it came to the mission it gave out.

 

It could lead to his own demise if he was not careful enough. He had to act carefully around the system.

 

As Kyoutarou pondered the consequences of using such a system, he couldn't help but feel torn between the benefits and the risks.

 

"I can't do anything about it, can't I?"

 

It's already connected to him. He couldn't do anything but accept that he was now entangled in the system's web.

 

[Mission is given out]

 

[Mission: Go to school]

 

Detail: The host has to go to school on time.

 

Reward: Exp 50

 

[Status]

 

Lv. 1 Ichikawa Kyoutarou (Novice)

 

Exp: 0/50

 

Body: 0.25

 

Mind: 1.50

 

Spirit: 1.50

 

[Power]

 

Quirk: Telekinesis (F-Rank) could lift and move living or non-living objects not more than 15 kilograms in weight.

 

[Inventory]

 

Money: 500 yen ($3)

 

Kyoutarou looked at the status screen. He knew about the information without the system having to explain it to him. He felt a sense of familiarity with the numbers and stats displayed.

 

It was like in the game he used to play, where one point equals peak adult strength.

 

His stats were actually reasonable, as his body was very weak, but his mind and spirit were strong because he had overcome numerous difficulties in his life. 

 

Despite his physical weaknesses, he had managed to develop impressive mental and emotional resilience.

 

And when he was deep in his emo personality, he heard someone calling him from the first floor.

 

"Kyou-chan, Breakfast is ready; come and eat it before it gets cold."

 

His mother called out from the first floor.

 

"I'll be right there!" 

 

He shouted back. His family was good, but of course there were many other aspects of his life that he wished were different.

 

"Are you really sure you want to go to that school?"

 

At the table, his mother asked with a concerned look on her face. The school that she was talking about was the one that he had dreamed of attending since he was a child.

 

It's called UA High. It was known for its prestigious academic program and renowned faculty. And most of all, it was a school that produced heroes!

 

Kyoutarou had a quirk, and it wasn't the gamer system but his own quirk. Telekinesis was his unique ability to move objects with his mind. This was the true reason why his mind and spirit stats were higher than his physical stats.

 

"I am sure, Kaa-chan. I want to be a hero so we can live comfortably in the future."

 

Kyoutarou said it with a confident smile. From the day that his father died. His mother worked tirelessly to support him and his sister, but despite her efforts, they still struggled to make ends meet.

 

His sister had gotten into the university that she wanted, so they needed more money for her intuition. 

 

UA High had a program where they gave out scholarships to the outstanding students. He was sure that with his power he could secure a scholarship and lighten the financial burden on his family.

 

Additionally, they allowed the student to work a part-time job for any hero agency that took a liking to them, and the wage was quite generous.

 

His mother looked at him in tears. She felt shame for not being able to support him financially. but was also very happy and proud that he was a good son.

 

After breakfast, Kyoutarou said goodbye to his mother, then went toward his school. It was only 7 a.m., so he still had time to walk leisurely and enjoy the morning breeze.

 

"Ohayo, Ichikawa!"

 

Kyoutarou was walking toward the school entrance. Someone ran to him and greeted him with a bright smile.

 

It was Yamada Anna, the one he got along with recently. He didn't know why she wanted to stay around a person so gloomy like him. But he would not complain about it.

 

"O—Ohaiyo!"

 

So awkward. He always greeted her back with a forced smile, unsure of how to respond to her friendliness.

 

They then walked together towards their classroom, engaging in small talk along the way.

 

When they reached the classroom, he got a notification from the system.

 

[Mission accomplished]

 

[Level up]

 

[Status]

 

Lv. 2 Ichikawa Kyoutarou (Novice)

 

Exp: 0/100

 

Body: 0.50(+0.25)

 

Mind: 2.00(+0.50)

 

Spirit: 2.00(+0.50)

 

[Power]

 

Quirk: Telekinesis (F-Rank) could lift and move living or non-living objects not more than 20(+5) kilograms in weight.

 

[Inventory]

 

Money: 500 yen ($3)

 

He felt a lot stronger, and his mind became clear. Leveling up gave him a feeling of invincibility. But he knew it was a fault that could lead to complacency and arrogance. He reminded himself that he was just an ant compared to the real hero and villain.

 

'They were far stronger than average peak normal humans. All might have a lifting power of a thousand peak adults combined, at least.'

 

Kyoutarou felt that the feeling of invincibility had gone away, leaving a sense of inferiority and vulnerability in its place. If he were weak, he would be stepped on by both heroes and villains.

 

He didn't have the naivety to think that all heroes were good and all villains were bad. After all, it was just a profession.

 

Real heroes, like All Might, were hard to find and even harder to become. But he was determined to prove himself and make a name for himself in the world of heroes. Or villains, hopefully not the latter.

 

"Nee, Ichikawa. Are you really going to enroll at UA?"

 

Anna asked with a hopeful smile. She also wanted to become a hero. To be honest, she got scouted by one of the top hero agencies, but she was still unsure about her decision.

 

Kyoutarou thought about it and nodded.

 

"Really! then we might become classmates again."

 

Anna was very happy that Kyoutarou would go to the same school as her. Her friends didn't want to become heroes, so they would enroll in a normal school.

 

Anna's quirk was very strong. She could control light particles at will. She could even use it to make herself shine like a star on the stage. 

 

That's why the hero agency that is famous for creating idol heroes wanted to recruit her. They saw her potential and believed she could become a shining idol hero.

 

Kyoutarou was curious about her power so he checked to see if he could see her status window or not.

 

[Status]

 

Lv.3 Yamada Anna (Idol candidate)

 

Body: 5.00

 

Mind: 0.75

 

Spirit: 0.75

 

[Power]

 

Quirk: Light manipulation (F-Rank) could control light particles and create brilliant light displays.

 

Her physical power was insane! But she seemed to be on the weaker side, mentally and spiritually. No wonder she could only use her quirk as a real-life filter only.

2