Chapter 5 Just friends
42 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyoutarou had a week before the final exam would take place. 

 

During the week he had left before the exam, he spent it reading books, hunting ghosts, and making Anna happy.

 

It was profitable and very good for exp farming, and now it was finally time for the final exam.

 

Kyoutarou looked at his status window again.

 

[Status]

 

Lv. 10 Ichikawa Kyoutarou (Novice)

 

Exp: 0/500

 

Body: 2.50(+1.50)

 

Mind: 6.00(+3.00)

 

Spirit: 6.00(+3.00)

 

[Power]

 

Quirk: Telekinesis (F-Rank) could lift and move living or non-living objects not more than 60(+30) kilograms in weight.

 

[Inventory]

 

Money: 150,000¥ ($1015)

 

He became much stronger and richer than before, and at a fast rate at that. If he continued to grind, he might become so strong that he could rival All Might, the number-one hero.

 

Just thinking about it made him feel excited.

 

"With that, money shouldn't be a problem anymore. I have money right now, but I don't know how to give it to mom."

 

It was a dilemma that he had been pondering for days. But it would be solved when he could get a part-time job from any hero agency that might take an interest in him.

 

The agency that he really wanted to work for was one of the top agencies in the world led by Tatsumaki, The Tornado of Terror. She was an SS-rank hero who used telekinesis like him.

 

She was just below All Might, as All Might was the only one who held SSS rank in the world.

 

And while he was pondering things, Anna, who was by his side, spoke to him.

 

"Ichikawa, do you think I will get a good grade?"

 

Anna spoke to Kyoutarou as they walked together to the classroom. She became closer and closer to him after he had been around her the whole week.

 

Many of their classmates started to notice the change in their behavior. Chihiro was especially observant and suspected that they might be dating.

 

She even asked them if they were dating each other or not.

 

"Are the two of you going out?"

 

"No, we are just friends!"

 

Anna spurted out in panic. She then quickly looked at Kyoutarou to see that he didn't show any signs of disagreement with her statement.

 

He even replied to Chihiro with his usual unassuming tone.

 

"Yes, we are just friends. Why would someone like Yamada date me? That's pure nonsense."

 

Anna felt sad suddenly when she realized that she might have made a mistake that would cause them to drift apart. 

 

But fortunately for her, he was still around her and made her happy. Even though she made a mistake, she would fix it and work on improving their relationship.

 

But when there was a fortune, there was also misfortune that followed. Kyoutarou was someone who had had an inferiority complex since he was young, and it had always affected his self-esteem.

 

Hearing her say that they were just friends had etched a mark on his heart, and he would never see her as anything but a friend.

 

The two reached the classroom and waited outside for the teacher to arrive. They must not go inside the classroom before the teacher does to prevent any kind of cheating.

 

"Let's do our best, Yamada."

 

"Oh!"

 

 

"It was easier than I thought."

 

Kyoutarou knew that he would get a full mark if it was that easy. Because his magical and spiritual aspects grow so much during the week before the final exam. 

 

It made his brain work faster and more efficiently. He memorized all the knowledge from the books and from the internet without any difficulty.

 

"I think I did pretty well. But it wasn't easy for me like Ichikawa."

 

Anna happily said. Normally her score would be mid, but now she could confidently say that she would be one of the top.

 

Kyoutarou shrugged. Then he got a notification from the system.

 

[Mission Accomplished]

 

[Level Up]

 

[Status]

 

Lv. 11 Ichikawa Kyoutarou (Novice)

 

Exp: 0/1000

 

Body: 3.50(+1.00)

 

Mind: 8.00(+2.00)

 

Spirit: 8.00(+2.00)

 

[Power]

 

Quirk: Telekinesis (F-Rank) could lift and move living or non-living objects not more than 80 (+20) kilograms in weight.

 

[Inventory]

 

Money: 150,000¥ ($1015)

 

D-rank upgrade ticket (new!)

 

'Huh?'

 

Kyoutarou looked at the notification in confusion. How could the mission be completed so quickly?

 

He just finished the exam, and the result shouldn't come out yet.

 

Kyoutarou didn't know that his homeroom teacher was secretly monitoring his progress and had already submitted his exam papers for grading directly. 

 

He was very surprised that he got full marks on all the subjects.

 

"My student is really a genius, but he never showed it before!"

 

This score later would be sent to the director of UA high directly. He was the smartest person, so he would favor those who had brains.

 

Kyoutarou didn't just get the first place in the school; he shared the first place with the geniuses of the country!

 

Their school wasn't big and well known, but because of him. Their school might have gained recognition and respect from all across the nation.

 

"Um, Ichikawa. Do you want to go and celebrate with us after this?"

 

Anna asked, looking at Ichikawa with hope. Chihiro and her friends wanted to celebrate after the hellish week they had just endured because of the exam.

 

Kyoutarou didn't see any missions pop up, so he shook his head.

 

"I am tired, so I want to go home right away. Sorry."

 

He wasn't socially adept and preferred to spend his time alone rather than engaging in social activities.

 

Anna felt disappointed by his response, but she understood and didn't press him further.

 

She didn't want him to hate her because of her persistence.

 

"See you tomorrow, then."

 

"We have to come to school tomorrow? Wasn't the school closed until the result came out?"

 

Anna forgot that they didn't have to go to school anymore until the result of the test came out, and then the graduation ceremony took place.

 

Didn't that mean she wouldn't see him again after tomorrow?

2