Chapter 6 : Site-01
58 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A letter arrived some time later.

"These are detailed information from the earlier session" the man who had been designated as a contact link handed over a letter on paper.

Ranold opened it, thinking it was the instructions.

"What is this rubbish?" As he read it, he couldn't help but furrow his brow.

How could such unclear and imprecise instructions have been relayed from the command base?

It wasn't long paragraphs, nor long sentences. There was also no specific order to follow. Just obligations, such as creating quotas for secondary bases for each high command.

As one of the high commands of the organization, Ranold was obligated to create various bases implanted in England.

- Establishment of an underground base for the restriction of entities threatening the human species.

With this information, he quickly understood that all high commands must have received the same letter.

"Hm. Alright. You may leave." Ranold folded the letter and then burned it in the fireplace as he stood up from his chair.

"Alright, high command."

"Ah. Wait a moment. I'd like to know the name of the organization?"

"The SCP Foundation." The man was troubled by such a question, but thought it was just a random evaluation.

"I see." Ranold ignored the confused man and sent him back to a servant's room.

He gathered his thoughts.

The SCP Foundation... I've never heard that name before, so they must be a top-secret organization working in the shadows.

[New Quest!]

[Objective: Establish an underground base and confine entities threatening the human race!]

[Additional Objective: Recruit individuals with high intelligence!]

[Additional Objective: Recruit military personnel!]

[Additional Objective: Lock]

[Reward: [Magic V] – [Protection Mental II]]

[Failure: Disappointment from the Administrator]

A new quest appeared before his eyes. There was a certain amount of information unfolding, with a quantity of content shining in blue.

A reward...?! Ranold rolled his eyes. There was the next step of [Magic IV] that he currently possessed and the same for [Protection Mental I].

The conditions seemed consistent with those written in the letter. Ranold nodded in affirmation and then made the window disappear.

First, he needed to recruit personnel.

Fortunately, as a wealthy family, he had all the necessary means that could allow Ranold to build an underground base at any cost.

His family fortune could even be compared to that of the English royal family.

However, the problem was finding a good place to install an underground base without anyone being able to find it.

"Sebas, find me a map of England." The butler produced a map out of nowhere and laid it out on his desk.

A long, luxurious map was unrolled on his desk. At first glance, one could see that it had been crafted with the utmost care and expertise of the time.

The material used as a support was papyrus, while the edges were made of precious rocks in golden gold.

On the map was England in the shape of a triangle, composed of small coastal islands.

First, he had to find places that could be choices for installing a base.

Let's avoid places with a lot of people. He had to avoid places where cities were located, significantly reducing the number of possibilities.

Finally, after some time, there were four possible places left.

So which place should be acceptable for the first construction of a base? Ranold pondered while checking the numerous notes he had made.

Among the possible choices, the one that had caught his attention from the beginning was the Isle of Bardsey.

It was a small, separate island, but close to England. The island was located off the northwest coast of Wales.

A perfect place to hide activities, but also because of its isolation. The rough sea was also an additional asset, solving the tourism problem.

Few people would have the curiosity to visit a small island only a kilometer wide.

Alright, then let's choose this place for my first activity! Ranold sighed deeply inwardly as he thought of a new goal.

He wanted to survive his late father's crime but was tied to a secret organization when he simply wanted to live normally.

Oh well, it's better to pretend and follow the orders of the Administrator. Ranold didn't know the skills of this man, but as long as he didn't have the confidence to confront him directly, he would remain idle.

The next day, he left the mansion and went by car.

There was a well-known place from the Victorian era.

As a graduate student from Harvard, he had learned some historical knowledge during his hours of class. And one was notably focused on places where slums were very present during the Victorian era.

Since it seemed to follow the original and parallel history of his former life, he thought it wasn't a bad idea to look there.

And Ranold was right.

There was smoke coming out of certain parts of Birmingham.

But he drove past the prosperous neighborhoods and headed straight for Aston, a neighborhood characterized by high population, unsanitary conditions, and great poverty among industrial workers.

Ranold parked his car in a luxurious hotel and arranged his servants, then set off alone towards the dangerous neighborhood.

At that moment, he was only dozen years old.

But his power exceeded human expectations. He was no longer a human, but a superhuman with skills acquired through the system.

Hm... How can I select useful people? Should I take them at random? Ranold shook his head.

It was better to take intelligent people.

People with low intelligence couldn't satisfy him or provide him with service. He needed competent subordinates for the tasks at hand.

After all, he didn't really have the goal of spending his life following the organization's orders, so taking a few people and giving them work seemed like the right solution.

Ranold nodded in affirmation.

I am too intelligent. He quickly found a solution.

A window opened with a beep!

[Skill: Internal Vision I]

[No one can escape from internal vision. Each level unlocks new additional information. The first tier consists of displaying people's IQs.]

Ah! This is exactly what I need right now! Ranold purchased it without hesitation and acquired a new skill. In addition, his body turned blue before returning to its normal hue.

And with a blink of an eye, he could see numbers appearing above people's heads.

[49]

[13]

[58]

[73]

Ah... They are all low. Ranold sighed deeply as he held his head. Naturally, slums would house the lowest of society.

It was natural to find few people with exceptional and unique intelligence. It was like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Ranold leaped between rooftops and searched for an entire afternoon.

[55]

[53]

[50]

[...]

Is there really no one with high intelligence? Ranold thought of giving up for today, but then found a surprising number.

[150]

What? Did I see that correctly? Ranold rubbed his eyes, thinking he had become nearsighted after such a day.

But after rubbing until his eyes turned red, he began to smile deeply and hop around.

"Finally! Someone who can do my work!" Ranold exclaimed loudly, attracting the attention of others and quickly hiding.

I almost got discovered! He shouted internally.

Well, I've found someone now. Ranold called the system and placed a tracking mark on the woman's soul.

[Skill: Tracking III]

You can't escape me now! After losing sight of the masked woman, Ranold had improved his tracking skill to avoid losing someone from his sight again. Avoiding a second mistake.

After casting a few disinterested glances, he returned to the hotel and took a break before heading back to the slum to mark three more people.

Two women and one man.

[150]

[130]

[136]

Not bad, but I was expecting a bit more. Ranold shook his head but couldn't complain. After all, these were slums.

Finding such people with high intelligence was already incredible.

Who could challenge that besides him?

Ranold chuckled wickedly and then headed to Bardsey Island.

Upon arriving at the shores, a medium-sized boat was waiting for his arrival.

Immediately after stepping on it, the boat set sail towards the isolated island.

"Master! Please be careful, please go inside the cabin!" Gusts of wind shook the seas, and water splashed onto the boat. The servants were trying in vain to bail out the water.

Fortunately, Ranold had a [Magic IV] skill and could control a part of it by reducing the intensity of the weather.

Thus, the servants were able to somehow manage the damage.

Upon arriving on the island, Ranold could get an idea of the geographical area.

A flat terrain covering 70% of the island with a small hill in the center. Surprisingly, there were no inhabitants.

He thought there might be a few brave souls who had settled in this place, but it was good news for him.

He could start construction quickly.

"Call construction companies!" Ranold got to work by contacting major construction companies.

The terrain seemed perfect. The small hill provided a small view of the surrounding area and also had the potential to build a landing strip for a helicopter.

With a few mechanics, he could even create an opening process towards the ground and split the small hill in half, creating an internal space with a large 'H'.

This reminds me of a scene from a secret agent movie. Ranold wanted to fulfill the dream of building a place like this.

Oh, and also build a hidden door or military camp! Obviously, he also wanted to create a military base like Area 51.

He wanted a place that breathed secrecy and intrigue about the world but still remained hidden.

"Sir, we have arrived!"

"Give us your orders!"

"What do you want?!"

Finally! Ranold had graciously paid three major companies, and the three construction foremen arrived as quickly as a walk in the forest.

Naturally, they immediately found the young child standing with his arms crossed. Even though he was young, money was all the authority needed.

A baby wouldn't be a problem either if it had a fortune exceeding billions of pounds sterling!

They would accept anything!"

"Here is the construction plan!" Ranold brought out a pre-prepared map to plan the construction and the architectures to be undertaken.

It was a rather futuristic style, but also military.

The three men in charge of the construction plan were amazed.

"What wisdom! Who imagined such a massive construction?!" The man who seemed to be the oldest took the plan with both hands and pressed his face against it.

"T-This is...!!" He fainted.

The second man with round glasses took a glance and fainted.

The third man, with an ordinary appearance, took a look and nodded thoughtfully.

"What do you think?" Ranold asked specifically of the third man, wanting to know his opinion.

"Hm. This is pure genius. I can't describe it in words. The draft seems rushed, yet it holds a whole unique and futuristic engineering. Too much for this era" he admitted.

As expected. Ranold nodded. After all, it was natural coming from a man with high intelligence.

[160]

Who would have expected to find such genius here? Ranold smirked wickedly.

Surprisingly, he had now found four slave- men! Who would work for him.

"Let's begin construction!" Ranold exclaimed fervently, supported by the three men behind him.

4