The dream
444 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed normally and the first quarter flew by, I noticed that Ria and Samanta were getting along very well lately, if I'm honest I never expected this development of events, but what are you going to do.

"Alright guys everyone listen up."

When the class was a few minutes away from ending Miss Cintia called the attention of the students.

"In 1 week from now there will be a placement test, it will be similar to the entrance test but much more difficult, and your result will define whether you move down or up in the rankings."

'Has it been so long already'?

This is the beginning of the second event, the ranking test, the academy conducts this test every end of term to evaluate the growth of the students, if the performance is good you can raise your rank in the ranking and even move up in class, on the contrary if you do badly in the test your ranking can go down, demote you from class or even be expelled.

That's why students take this test so seriously, especially the lower ranks, because it defines whether they can move up in rank to receive better treatment or on the contrary stay as they are or even be expelled.

"Although I know that all of you are very capable you should not be confident, it has been quite some time since the entrance test so there could be some surprises, the worst thing you can do on the battlefield is to be confident and underestimate the enemy, always keep that in mind"

Ring

With that the class ended and the students went to lunch Leiby was going with Arthur, Samantha with Ria.

"Mmm... I wonder what I'll eat today?"

And I eat lunch with Silfy

"Do you have any ideas Noah?"

"As long as it tastes good I'll eat it."

"Sigh~ Sometimes I wish I could be as simple as you, but at the same time you worry me a little."

" Thanks?"

During this time she and I became quite close, even some of the spirits that are always with Silfy would follow me when she wasn't around.

We walked quietly to the dining room as we talked.

"I can't believe it's been a quarter already, time sure flies."

"I was surprised too"

"This placement test looks like it's going to be tough, they didn't give many details but if it's similar to the entrance test it's going to be challenging."

 

"Yeah, about that...be careful on the test."

"Eeh~ are you worried about me?"

"A little bit."

"Hahaa, don't worry, I've become stronger than on the first day at the academy."

The reason why I'm worried is not because he thinks Silfy is weak, no one but me knows the potential he has, but in this ranking test which is place of the second event the first attack of the demons will occur.

Among the staff of the academy there is an infiltrated demon that while preparing the ground for the test hid a magic circle of teleportation, and when the test began I created a barrier that isolated it from the outside that even Miss Cintia took a while to destroy, during that time the demon had the mission to kill as many students as possible before time ran out.

Luckily or unluckily the first one he found was Leiby and when she was in a dangerous situation Lucas appeared to help and between the two of them they managed to defeat the demon, gaining a reputation among the students and starting his relationship with Leiby.

Although I know that everything will be fine and no student will die I still have a feeling of uneasiness, I don't know why, but I feel that something will go wrong.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking things."

Putting that feeling aside I ate lunch with Silfy and then we headed to Nobu-san's class together, we took some more classes and headed to the dorm, then I trained with Leiby my mana control and finally went to my room to go to bed.

"Phew~ no matter how many times I lay on this bed, I love it like the first time."

It's definitely the best bed I've ever laid on, the materials are of such high quality that even though I've already used it for quite some time it doesn't seem to sag.

"You deserve the gold medal of beds~"

While praising the perfection of this bed I quickly fell asleep.

*

The teachers were dictating the rules of the test, but the scene quickly changed and now the forest could be seen, the students were hunting monsters or fighting with other students to earn points, everything went on as normal.

Or so it seemed

Suddenly a dark red barrier spread throughout the forest, the teachers quickly gathered to see what was going on but all their attempts to get through the barrier were in vain.

Inside the barrier somewhere in the forest on top of a small mountain an intense red glow appeared, when the intensity of the glow lowered three armored figures could be seen, at first glance they looked like normal humans but the horns on their heads indicated that they were demons.

The three figures dispersed and the scene changed again, this time the forest was destroyed in several areas, the teachers managed to break through the barrier and enter, some students were badly injured but none seemed to have died.

None except

A green haired elf, who lay on the ground in a pool of blood, apparently lifeless.

"Ahh!!!"

With a scream I woke up full of sweat and with my breath hitching.

"What the hell was that?"

I seemed to dream of the plot of the second event, but things changed greatly at one point.

"But that doesn't make sense, in the original plot...huh?"

That's when it hit me...

"What the hell is going on?"

That I couldn't remember the original plot at all.

 

20