Metamorphosis
352 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body felt strange, as if everything was tingling, yet I also felt fresher and lighter, as if a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Umm..."

I slowly opened my eyes and could see the now familiar white ceiling of the hospital

 

"Something is different."

 

I felt that something had somehow changed, I lifted my body and put my feet on the ground to stand up

 

"I'm...taller?"

My height had increased considerably, if I used to be less than 1.60 I was now about 1.75.

My muscles were also more developed, although I still had a slim build.

Grunt~

Another thing was that I was very hungry, though less so than last time.

"I should go get something to eat."

-Clac

While he was thinking about that the door opened and from it Silfy walked in who had a grim expression.

"Silfy?"

When I called out to her, she looked at me with her eyes and mouth open.

"Are you oka-? Phew!"

Before I could finish speaking she ran over to me and hugged me tightly, as my height had grown, it was now only up to my chest

"What a relief..."

He murmured as he buried his head in my chest.

"I thought you wouldn't wake up again."

I refrained from asking and just hugged her back.

After 10 minutes Silfy lifted her head from my chest and looked at me.

"Are you ok now?"

When I asked her her face turned red and she quickly pulled away from me.

"S-sorry it's just that it's been a long time since you woke up and I got a little excited!"

He said as he shook his arms

"B-but wow, um, I mean, what happened to you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Emm, wait."

Silfy looked around the room and found a full-length mirror which he placed in front of me, when I saw my reflection I understood what he meant

My eyes went from having a sky color to looking like sapphires, my hair also took on a stronger color than before and now looked golden, my skin also looked brighter and paler and my features also changed

Big eyes, sharp nose and pink lips, if before you could say I looked like an adorable little girl, now I looked more like a very pretty girl who could easily be a model.

"Wow but what the hell?"

This face was on the level of a heroine, although I don't really care much about it, I was surprised anyway

"Is this what causes puberty?"

"No, I don't think that's how puberty works."

Silfy who was next to me replied

"But are you feeling okay?"

I asked with concern

"Yes, in fact I feel pretty good except for the fact that I'm really hungry"

"Sigh~ I'm glad"

"Oh~ I see you're awake now."

Mirilda came into the room and stared at me.

"Hehe~"

Suddenly she smiled in a sinister way that sent shivers down my spine and before I knew it she was in front of me

-Crack

He grabbed my shirt and ripped it wide open, then started touching me all over.

"W-w-w-w-w-what are you doing!?"

Silfy pulled me away from her and hugged me like a mother protecting her child from a predator.

"Haha sorry, I just couldn't wait to check her body, she's quite the medical marvel you know?"

Mirilda said lightly

"So, how are you feeling? tell me in detail"

"Well, I feel much lighter than before and I also have like a tingling sensation all over my body, I'm also very hungry."

"I see, let me see"

Mirilda reached over and pulled out a disk which she began to scan me.

I stood still as they scanned me and after swiping up and down 3 times Mirilda looked at the disc.

"Hahahahahahah! I knew it!"

Suddenly she started laughing and looked very excited.

"What's wrong?"

I asked her confused

"Well, let's just say that your body turned into something that all the doctors and scientists would like to research."

No wait, what do you mean by that?

Something that every doctor and scientist would want to research?

Noticing my bewilderment Mirilda began to explain.

"Not only your cells, your muscles, bones, ligaments, arteries, blood, organs, and nerves are overflowing with mana, do you know how amazing this is? your body has twice as much mana as a person your age can handle plus being human, and I speculate that it will increase as you grow."

Mirilda said this with an intense gleam in her eyes as she looked at me, as if she was observing an exotic animal.

"I think you could call this a metamorphosis, I just don't know why it happened, do you know why your body changed so much?"

Before Mirilda's question, the only thing I could think of was that power, but I'm not sure what it is and it seems that Mirilda doesn't know either.

That just means that whatever it is, it can't be detected even with the most advanced medical tools in the academy.

"I'm not sure why it happened either."

 

This really isn't a lie, I don't know why my body changed so much, I don't know anything about this strange power and I think it would be best not to mention it until I find out what it is

"I see, it's a pity."

Mirilda sighed with clear disappointment.

Growl~

At that moment my stomach growled, because I was talking I forgot that I had to look for something to eat

"Are you hungry?"

"Yes."

"Well it was to be expected, you were asleep for 2 weeks after all."

"...Wait what?"

What Mirilda said left me bewildered.

2 weeks?

I've been asleep for 2 weeks?

That doesn't mean what?

I fell to my knees and rested my hands on the floor.

"I missed my vacation..."

The 2 weeks that the academy let the students off I lost them because I was asleep, I was completely depressed and didn't feel like doing anything.

Why did I have to sleep for so long?

Damn it

"That's what's bothering you!?"

Silfy who was next to me shouted

"Hahaha, let's go eat something to comfort you."

"Sounds good to me"

I quickly pulled myself together and accepted the suggestion.

What does it matter if I lost the 2 weeks of vacation?

There will be other opportunities to rest so let's not get sad about it.

And I was starving at this point so eating something was a good idea.

"Ugh! I can't with you!"

Silfy looked frustrated but I'm sure it's just me.

***

Back in the dining room, Silfy and Mirilda were watching a mountain of meat disappear in seconds.

"This doesn't fit her looks."

Silfy muttered

"After you finish eating it will be necessary to perform some tests to verify your condition".

"I have no problem with that"

I increased the pace and finished all the meat on my tray, I stood up and looked at Mirilda.

"Come on?"

I had never felt so energetic in my life, this is the first time I didn't feel sleepy or tired, that's why I wanted to see what I was capable of now

"Alright, follow me."

We headed to a white room and Mirilda had me put on a special suit that would monitor my condition

"First we will test how your reflexes are."

Mirilda spoke into a microphone behind the glass of the room.

-Click

She pressed a button and several cannons appeared in front of me.

-Boom Boom Boom Boom

The cannons fired silicon balls that shot towards me at an incredible speed.

-Fum Fum Fum Fum

But it was no problem for me to dodge them even when they bounced off the walls.

-Clack Clack Clack Clack

Several more cannons came out of the walls and started firing.

-Fum Fum Fum Fum Fum Fum

However dodging them was not difficult

I wasn't even using my instincts to dodge them, it was pure reflex.

-Fush

After 20 minutes of continuous firing they stopped.

"Mm, it looks like your reflexes are sharper than before, very well, let's move on to another test."

-Click

The cannons retracted and a hatch in the floor opened, out of it came what looked like a combat robot.

"Do you want me to give you a weapon?"

"No, I'm fine."

I wanted to see what I was capable of without using a weapon, my body felt much stronger than before and I felt like I could punch through a reinforced concrete wall without much trouble

-Fush

The combat robot's eyes glowed and it went into combat stance.

I stood on guard waiting for it to attack.

-Fum

The robot ran towards me and launched a kick, but I easily blocked it with my arm and launched a hit to counterattack.

The result?

-Crash!

The robot was completely destroyed.

"Um...sorry."

I really didn't think it would be destroyed with just one hit, even though I hit it with all my might I didn't think it would be that strong without even using mana.

"Haha don't worry, that's what it's for anyway."

 

-Click

 

Several more hatches opened and five robots came out of them, but these looked different than before.

 

"Go ahead, explore all you want, the academy is not short of money."

 

The robots' eyes lit up and they stood at attention.

 

"Thank you very much."

 

This time it was me who approached first, I wanted to see how fast he was without using mana.

 

-Fum

 

I kicked the floor and got in front of one of the robots in seconds.

 

-Pam

 

I kicked him in the head this time holding back a bit so I wouldn't break him and the robot flew away.

 

-Fum

 

The robot that was closer to me threw a hit which I caught with my hand, taking advantage of this I swung it and threw it towards where the other robots were.

-Fush

 

But they just dodged it and attacked me at the same time.

 

-Pam Pam Pam

 

I dodged and counterattacked all the attacks they threw at me.

 

-Click

 

Several more robots came out and ran to attack me.

 

"Fu~"

 

I took a breath and started to move the mana in my body.

 

-Creek

 

My eyes lit up and small streaks came out of my body.

 

-Zaz!

 

At a speed imperceptible even to robots I moved leaving an electrical trail.

 

-Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam

 

Several of them flew off and crashed into the walls.

 

"It's more comfortable than before." 

 

The mana in my body moved fluidly and exactly where I wanted it to, it was a very nice and comfortable feeling

 

"Let's try using more"

 

I stopped and ,started to concentrate mana in my fist. 

 

-Boom!

 

I threw a hit that smashed several robots at once.

 

Mirilda who was watching this behind the glass, showed an expression of bewilderment.

 

"You can deal with these robots so easily?"

 

The robots Noah was now fighting were now at the level of a B-class awakened, which for a first year student would be an almost impossible challenge to break him 

 

"The only first year who would be capable of this would be..."

 

Lilia Silvester, the daughter of the number 2 ranked awakened in the human kingdom.

 

"This kid is very interesting."

 

-Click

 

Pressing a button, several more robots appeared to attack Noah.

 

***

 

After 1 hour, Noah was surrounded by pieces of destroyed robots, about 30 of them.

 

"I did become strong."

 

Not only did my basic qualities such as strength, reflexes and speed improve tremendously, but my mana control also became extremely precise and the amount I could use skyrocketed.

 

But

 

"Uaa~"

 

I started to feel drowsy

 

It was like when you get a sugar crash or the effect of coffee wears off

 

"Are you sleepy?"

 

Mirilda walked in the door with a tablet in her hand.

 

"Well, according to the results I got that's normal."

 

Mirilda said as she checked the contents of the tablet.

 

"To put it in a nutshell, your body has already completely adapted to the change you underwent."

 

"What?"

 

"Well, the mana levels in your body are still the same, but your system got used to it and assimilated it completely, before you were overloaded but since you already used that mana the extra energy disappeared".

 

Mirilda stopped looking at the tablet and continued speaking.

 

"Your body changed so much to be able to handle the large amount of mana it was absorbing, that's why your metabolism accelerated greatly and gave you that feeling of extreme drowsiness and hunger, because you weren't able to handle it. Your metabolism is still very accelerated so you will surely feel sleepy and hungry often but it's not that big of a problem, if you eat enough calories or sugar you should be fine."

 

"I see."

 

Luckily there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my body except for my fast metabolism, but that can be fixed by eating enough so it's fine

 

"With that we can conclude the tests, I will continue to investigate to see if there are any problems, for your part I suggest you go rest for now"

 

"Understood, thank you very much for working so hard."

 

That thank you was sincere, as head of the medical team she sure has a lot of work every day but she is helping me a lot despite that

 

"Haha don't worry, making the students well is my job."

 

She said with a smile while stroking my head.

 

"Now go to sleep"

 

"Yes, thank you very much again"

 

With that I left the living room and headed to my room to rest

 

***

"Noah~"

 

I felt something tugging on my cheek and when I opened my eyes I could see Silfy smiling sweetly at me.

 

This sight has already become commonplace for me, but this time I felt my heart speed up a little.

"Good morning"

"Good morning."

We said good morning to each other and I got up with the Mugis still on top of me.

If I'm honest I was still very sleepy but I have to get up to go to class.

-Knock, knock, knock

"Come in."

Someone knocked on the door and when I spoke a maid came in with a perfectly folded white uniform.

"Here is your new uniform sir"

Looks like that was the new uniform I would be wearing, makes sense, my body changed a lot and my old uniform is not going to fit me anymore

"Thank you very much."

I thanked her and the maid just nodded her head and left.

After I changed, I walked towards the exit together with Silfy but on the way one of the maids came up to us with a paper bag

"This is for you, from Miss Mirilda."

"From Mirilda?"

When I grabbed the bag it came with a note that read.

-"Hello little Noah, this is a little gift from me to help you cope with your new body, I made them especially for you, it will help you not feel so sleepy or hungry during the course of the day.

Inside the bag were many small buns.

I grabbed one and tasted it, it was delicious and made me feel a little less sleepy.

"What is that?"

"Do you want to taste?"

"Sure."

I gave one to Silfy and Silfy gave her a small pardisc.

"Pfffff."

But she quickly spit it out

"Cof cof cof, what is this? It's too sweet!"

"Really?"

I said as I popped a whole one into my mouth.

"Sigh~ never mind, let's go or we'll be late."

"Fine~"

We walked the same route we always take to school, everything was normal except I felt like people were turning to look at me

"Who is that girl?"

"She's really cute."

"I've never seen her around here, what's her name?

"I think I just fell in love"

They also began to murmur, as my senses improved exponentially I was able to hear everything they were saying.

"Will I have to worry about this?"

I thought for a moment as I popped another bun into my mouth.

"Na, probably not."

I didn't feel like thinking about it and it surely wouldn't be a very serious problem

What could happen?

With that problem solved we arrived in front of our classroom door and walked in normally

But when I walked through the door everyone stared at me.

"Who are you?"

Samantha asked, clearly confused to see someone she had never seen enter the A classroom before.

"It's me, Noah.

I replied as I popped another bun into my mouth.

"Noah!? what happened to you?"

Leiby asked with clear surprise

"Um...puberty."

When I said that, everyone stared at me clearly not believing that explanation.

12