The arrogant princess of the mermaids
189 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a while since the special class started and it was really easy until now, at least for us.

If a demon attacked us Lilia would just freeze it or I would cut its head off before it could do anything, if I'm honest I started to feel a little sorry for them, but there was nothing we could do about it.

So now we just walked through the woods while talking.

"So, when I was 7 my dad attended a meeting with the leader of another guild, in that place there was a forest nearby and while playing I got lost."

"Why didn't anyone stop you from entering in the first place?"

"Try telling the daughter of guild owner N°1 not to do something."

"Yeah, that makes sense."

Lilia was telling me stories about when she was a kid, the truth is that she is very easy to talk to, she just gets carried away with the conversation, if it hadn't been for the kids being intimidated by her status and talent I'm sure she would have had many friends

"When I was trying to find my way back I ran into a monster that attacked me, but luckily my dad got there before I got seriously hurt."

"And what happened next?"

"Dad froze the whole forest."

"...I see"

I was expecting something like that, Lilia's father loves his daughter very much and he is very overprotective, I think that's also one of the reasons why the children didn't get close to Lilia.

Can you imagine what would have happened if one of those kids made her cry by mistake?

"But...didn't the leader of the other guild your father met with get upset?"

"Yes, he was very angry."

"So what happened?"

"Dad bought his guild."

"..."

I'm not even surprised anymore.

-Kang!

I deflected an arrow that was headed for my head and looked up to see who was shooting.

In a tree chasm, a "demon" was drawing his bow to shoot another arrow.

-Fum

He shot the arrow and it split into three others, but it wasn't difficult to block them all, I prepared to attack but at that moment I heard a voice not far away

"Look at that dryad, I told you there was another demon nearby, praise me for my excellent tracking skills!"

"You never said that, and for the last time, my name is Leiby!"

"ja?, you dare to question the great princess of mermaids?"

A short statured girl with short curly navy blue hair was arguing with Leiby, if she had to highlight anything, it would be the fins she had on her ears and her sharp shark-like teeth, she was also not wearing shoes

-Fum Fum

The demon heard him shouting and shot several arrows in his direction.

"Click"

But with a snap of his fingers a wall of water appeared and stopped the arrows.

"Hmp, insolent, can't you see I'm talking to my servant?"

"Hey what do you mean servant!"

"You need to teach him a lesson"

"Listen to me!"

He pulled out a rapier with a very luxurious design and the wall of water was compressed into a small sphere at its tip

"Hydro cannon!"

Pressurized water shot out from the tip of his rapier at high speed, it impacted against the demon and completely undid him along with the top of the tree he was standing on

"Ghahahahaha! that's what you get for messing with the princess of the mermaids, praise me servant!"

"I'm not your servant! and we're supposed to take her horns, this is already the third one you evaporate!"

"Those are minor details"

"They are not minor details at all!, how are we going to prove that we killed the demons without the horns?"

"Very easy! We just have to kill more demons!"

"Sigh~"

It seems that Leiby gave up on trying to fight with her.

Leiby who seemed to be suffering from severe headaches looked at me and her eyes lit up.

'No, why are you looking at me like I'm your savior?"

"Noah!"

Leiby ran up to me and started shaking me.

"Please team up with us!!!, that girl doesn't listen to anything I say and evaporate every demon we meet!"

"Wait, calm down a bit"

"Who is she, dryad?"

Asked the blue haired girl

"It's Noah, a friend of mine, and I already told you my name is Leiby!"

"I see, well, let me introduce myself."

"Oh no..."

"My name is Adella Sulflora! The magnificent, super strong and super beautiful princess of the mermaids, prostrate yourselves before me!"

She said as she pointed at us with a big smile on her face.

"..."

"..."

"..."

The three of us just stood in silence looking at her.

" Why aren't you guys bowing down!"

"Well, at the academy everyone's status is equal so..."

Lilia said as I looked at her a bit confused by her "flamboyant" presentation.

"Mm, you're right, well I'll let it go just this once."

She replied crossing her arms

"Please Noah..."

Leiby begged me as if I was his last hope.

"Mm...what do you think Lilia?

Since Lilia's social skills are very poor she may feel overwhelmed if there are too many people in the group.

"It's okay, the more friends - I mean, the more people the better."

Yes, I worried too much

"Then it's okay, this class is for improving teamwork anyway"

"Thank you very much!"

Leiby took both my hands while thanking me.

"Alright then let's go my servants!"

Adella gestured with her rapier and started walking

"Really...thank you so much!"

Leiby said as if she had been relieved of a great weight.

"No worries"

I said as I put my hand on her shoulder.

***

In an office, a man in a suit and glasses was looking at a student's document in front of Miss Mirilda

"It's impossible for him to be a demon, I was taking care of him myself for 2 weeks, do you doubt my medical skills?"

Mirilda said with clear annoyance in her voice.

"Of course not Miss Mirilda, but we can't take risks in the situation we are in."

Said the man with glasses leaving the document on the table, on it was a picture of Noah and his data.

"No relatives, he was not taken in by any orphanage, he was not helped by any charity and has no data of his date of birth or place of origin, he literally appeared out of nowhere, doesn't that seem suspicious to you?"

"I don't deny that it raises a lot of suspicions, but he's not a demon."

"What about someone trained by them?"

"..."

Mirilda wasn't able to refute those words.

"It's no secret that various organizations and groups work with demons, them training someone to infiltrate the academy wouldn't be something unusual, and getting into the best class of the best academy in the world without any backing isn't believable either."

"But he's not a bad boy, I know what a bad person looks like."

"He's in the same class as the children of the most important people in the world, they could have trained him to be able to fool people"

"But..."

"In that case Miss Mirilda, during the level test when the demons attacked the student Noah helped the elf princess right?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with it?"

"I was reviewing the videos of the test and student Noah's behavior was unusual during the entire test."

"What do you mean?"

"He didn't hunt the monsters or the students, he just eliminated the ones that attacked him or sometimes even just walked past them, he stopped in high places and observed his surroundings. This in principle would have nothing wrong with him, after all, knowing your surroundings is the best way to survive, the problem here is that he seemed to be looking for something."

The man leaned back in his chair, stared at Mirilda and continued speaking.

"This went on until the connection to the cameras was cut and the demons attacked and coincidentally the student Noah arrived to help the elf princess fight the demon."

 

"What are you insinuating?"

"I imply, Miss Mirilda, that the student Noah already knew beforehand that the demons were going to attack, and aided the elf princess at just the right moment to gain her favor."

"There are several inconsistencies in that theory, like, why then did the demon almost kill him?"

"Demons are creatures that are driven solely by the desire for conquest and destruction, their strategies also tend to be very savage, leaving the student Noah on the brink of death perhaps was a way to make the act more believable"

"Why specifically the elven princess?"

"The elven kingdom is one of the most powerful, I think it goes without saying the advantages of being friends with the future queen of that kingdom."

"Why not just kill her on the spot?"

"Wouldn't it be better to take all possible benefits before eliminating her?...demons are savages, not stupid."

"..."

Mirilda could no longer refute the man's points in front of her and bit her lip in frustration.

"Don't worry Miss Mirilda, this is just a theory, if the student Noah really is innocent then you have nothing to fear."

"Don't go overboard, Agent Phil."

"Don't worry about it."

[Alliance agent Phil White rank A+]

 

6