Chapter 02: Alastor Wayne
533 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Dada…. Dada…”

“Awww, look at that beautiful innocent smile of his!!”

“He definitely takes over his mom’s gorgeousness, he’s a mini you, darling!”

The two couples in front of Ryan cheered happily as they looked at him with warm eyes…

In the middle of this, Ryan’s head was filled with confusion…

Wasn’t I dying just earlier..? (Ryan)

Confused by all these events, Ryan thought that he must be having delusions as to escape momentarily from his death…

Until, he heard something he’s very familiar with.

“What do you think we should name him, darling?”

 The husband took the initiative and asked his wife. Of course, naming is a very complicated matter, so she didn’t hesitate to ask out her husband’s preferences before giving her ideas.

“I have roughly few ideas that would fit our lil cutie, but what about you honey? Do you have anything in mind?”

Seemingly waiting for this very moment, her husband put a large smile on his face before proceeding to speak out his ideas proudly.

“HOW ABOUT MIKU OR DEVIN?? OR SINCE HE’S GOING TO BE A GREAT MAN SOMEDAY LIKE HIS DAD, HOW ABOUT ARTHUR?!?!”

“Honey… I hate to break this moment but… I don't think that’ll be good. Look at our bright innocent son…”

When they shifted their gaze upon the infant Ryan, only then the father realized Ryan was crying to his heart content. Although in reality, he’s just cursing his way out to escape, the mother continued to speak;

“Our son is our son, whatever he may become someday. We will support him with all we have. Look at him, he looks so fragile to the point he can break with a little bump. Do you want to name him after great ones or with our own ideas…”

“You’re right… Darling, I’m sorry… How about you, do you have any ideas about the name for our son..?”

“Mhmmmm…. How about Alastor?”

“Alastor?! THAT SEEMS A REALLY GOOD NAME IF SO!!”

And at that moment, the panicking and confused Ryan suddenly stopped crying…

THIS NAME…. WHY DOES IT SOUND FAMILIAR… (Ryan)

“That’s decided then! Our bright son's name would be Alastor Wayne today onwards!!”

Alastor Wayne…. Alastor Wayne… (Ryan)

 Ryan tried his best to recall every inch of his memories, and finally came into conclusion…

ISN’T THAT THE NAME OF THE SIDE CHARACTER WHO LENDED THE MAIN CHARACTER SOME CAFETERIA AT THE ACADEMY FROM THE NOVEL I’VE READ..? 

No… It was just a coincidence…

Like there’s no way in hell I would be reincarnated into the novel “hero’s adventure”, no?

Even so… If I really reincarnated into that novel… Does that mean everything here is real..? (Ryan)

So he’s not having an Illusion. Everything in front of him is real… But, even so. Everything happened so fast. 

Seemingly trying to accept everything in his head, Ryan couldn’t handle it anymore and passed out.

The two couples realized their son had fallen into slumber, and with that, they decided to leave their baby alone and let him rest now.

***

10 Years Later

“Milord!! Milord! Where are you, your dear sister is looking for you!”

Running around in circles outside the heaven-like garden, the butler that seemed to be in his 20-30’s  shouted everywhere in search of someone.

Despite his desperate calling, no one responded to him, almost driving him into thinking that maybe the young lord he’s looking for isn’t here. If no one answers again, the butler made up his mind to look elsewhere instead, and shouted for the last time.

“Milord!!”

“Uncle? Yes? What's wrong?”

“Milord!!” (George)

Upon realizing that his young lord was here, Butler George immediately rushed towards him and informed him of the great bad news.

“Milord!! Where have you been… Anyways… GET CHANGED AND RETURN TO YOUR ROOM MILORD!” (George)

“Calm down Uncle, what happened? Why are you in a hurry? Is there some kind of important event coming up?” 

“MILORD! THIS ONE IS VERY URGENT! PLEASE HURRY AND GET CHANGED!”

“HUH? No, tell me first Uncle. What’s that urgent thing you’re speaking of.” 

Seeing that the young lord wouldn’t be convinced unless he tells him again about the current disaster about to storm them in, George repeated himself in a hurry..

“Your sister… The young miss! THE YOUNG MISS IS COMING BACK IN AN HOUR OR TWO FROM THE ACADEMY!!” (George)

The young lord didn’t seem to process the urgent situation right now and replied at the butler with a smile; “Oh, my sister is coming back soon…” 

Until he realized what's finally happening and why his uncle is panicking.

“Wait… My sister…”

If it's my sister… Ain’t her the devil who made me live hell for the last 5 years before he disappeared and went to academy… 

AND YOU’RE SAYING THAT DEVIL IS RETURNING!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO MY CURRENT PEACEFUL LIFE!! (Milord)

“Uncle, prepare to leave immediately.” (Milord)

“Milord..?” (George)

“We’re going to be leaving in a few minutes. I’ll have to escape into the slums or cities. At least to places where she’ll never find me until she returns to the academy…” (Milord)

“Milord..? What are you saying..?” (George)

“Uncle, let me tell you this…” (Milord)

“Mhm..?” (George)

“Has something good ever happened whenever she’s here..? You should know better as you’ve been with her the longest…” (Milord)

“Uhhh… Right…” (George)

Recalling every event that occurred to him when the young miss was previously at their manor, George started to tremble in fear. It was like living a hellish life… Wherever she goes, chaos unfolds. It’s like she’s a walking ticking time-bomb.

“Nothing good ever happened…” (George)

“I’m so proud of  you uncle, I’m glad you know it better than me.” (Milord)

“Still, she’s your sister! And from the letter she sent, she wants to see you. It means, her only goal of returning home is to see you Milord…” (George)

“Right… That’s why…” (Milord)

That’s why he came up with the idea of escaping. Never would he ever forget the hell that devil made him experience, that’s why… The only thing he could come up with is…

“Let’s escape Uncle. I DON’T WANT TO DIE YOUNG! LET’S ESCAPE TOGETHER!!” (Milord)

17