Chapter 05: Hero’s Adventure
337 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome home Alessandra. No need to be formal in front of me. Have you met your mother yet? Or did you come first to greet your adorable younger brother?”  (Count Wayne)

Alastor struggled to get out the count’s embrace as the father and daughter had their own talks. 

I’M GOING TO GET SQUISHED!

JUST WHERE THE HELL THIS OLD MAN EVEN CAME FROM... (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Count Wilbur Wayne, renowned for them being a merchant household, produced a daughter with immense talent who’s soon going to become one of the most promising individuals in the whole kingdom. And, with this old man's mysterious and unknown background.

Alastor couldn’t help but to think to himself…

If a person like this existed long ago in the novel, why was he never introduced from the story. Unless his old man was a hidden villain or something, why he was kept a secret and the fact that they’re not just a mere merchant household.

“Actually, father… I was on my way to mother's room just now, but I thought I would give that pipsqueak a visit first and announce the great news to him.” (Alessandra)

“OH, IS IT BECAUSE OUR LITTLE BABY WILL GO TO ACADEMY SOON?! I’m so proud of you, my daughter! I knew you would think the same idea as mine!” (Count Wayne)

“Father, have you made plans for Alastor? I’m sure you best know what kind of potential he holds. I plan on taking him with me to the wizard’s tower. In my opinion, I think it would definitely suit him to be a sorcerer instead of a knight.”

HMMMMMMMMM

Alastor becoming a sorcerer was actually a good idea. Since from his physique and personality alone, they could tell that he’s not fitted to wield a sword, besting him over sorcery would be the best option. However, the Count still wants the best for his son… By best it means, whatever his son wants to take. 

Slowly pulling away the suffocating Alastor from his embrace, the Count asked his son with a serious face; “Alastor. Do you want to be a sorcerer or a knight?”

The Count’s demeanor suddenly changed… From that easy going attitude back to the tyrant seriousness he had a few minutes ago. 

ALASTOR KNEW HE CAN’T RUN AWAY FROM THIS ANYMORE…


SO, WHAT KIND OF LIFE SHOULD HE PICK…

Do I want to be a knight… Or a sorcerer..? (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Seemingly lost in thought, Alastor turned his head and looked into the window before staring blankly at the sky.

“What do I want to become..?”

He never really thought of it before. Now that he’s sure he’s inside the novel's “Hero’s Adventure”, Alastor knew though one day he would have to decide which path to take. But even so, everything is too tough to just process with his mind.

Everytime he closes his eyes in this new life, a memory of his past plays like a recording on the back of his eyelids. Everything seemed unreal. And even at this point, he himself believes that everything must be some sort of bad dream or imagination.

“So, Alastor. Have you finally decided?” (Alessandra)

Even if everything right now ain’t real, Alastor finally confronted himself.

“Who do I want to become..?” (Alastor)

What kind of man do I want to live this lifetime? 

Do I want to be the same man as I was before, live according to their wishes and go with the flow of life..? (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Alastor contemplated it for so long, before he finally made up his mind.

The father and daughter duo stared at him with confusion in their eyes.

“Father, I want to find my own path.”

With that answer, a smile slowly rose upon the serious face of the Count.

“If that’s your will my son, I will support you with everything I have.” (Count Wayne)

HUH??

But, there seemed to be one person confused over the current situation.

“F- Father??” (Alessandra)


SFX for swallowing saliva*

Alessandra swallowed the saliva tickling upon her throat before voicing out what’s on her mind.

“Father…?? Would I be able to take him with me or not..? Who’s going to be his mentor??” (Alessandra)

“Oh, about that… Alessandra. I changed my mind, I would let Alastor try everything first and whatever his choice or whatever he pursues, only then I’ll rethink who's going to be his mentor. But for now, I’d let him come with you for only a year.” (Count Wayne)

“A year..?” (Alessandra)


“Why? Is there some sort of problem with that?” (Count Wayne)

“Nothing father.” (Alessandra) 

Although dissatisfied, Alessandra could only do what his father wanted. The main reason Alessandra was dissatisfied with his father’s choice, is because 1 year isn’t enough to make Alastor a great sorcerer, let alone, be an intermediate sorcerer. At most, he’ll be able to learn the basics but to become an intermediate sorcerer, he would need at least years of training and a talent. 

In the end, she couldn’t do anything to change his mind and could only lower her head in disappointment. 

PHEW 

Alastor on the other hand, was busy wiping away the sweat forming on his forehead. Although he would’ve preferred to be somewhat jobless and stay at home son, there was nothing he could do, since it was no more of his caliber to stop everything from progressing.

Alastor recalled every inch of memory he had over the “Hero’s Adventure” novel. 

Alastor Wayne, he’s one of the mob characters in the “Hero’s Adventure”, but also a great friend of the main character, Arthur Divisoria. Alastor Wayne was neither talented nor talentless, he’s as average as everyone is. And on his lucky encounter, he met the main character in the cafeteria, who soon became his friend after he lent him money. 

Around that part, there would be a moment where he’ll be kidnapped by the villainess who hates the main character after she realized he was one of his friends, and from what he knew the least, he’ll only be tortured for a while before being rescued by the main character.

And as the character of that same story… It means… He had to go through the same, in order for the main character to progress…

Until then… He must survive…

It’ll be different this time though… (Alastor)

He’s no longer the same Alastor Wayne from the novel but he himself, the reader “Ryan Oxford”, and that's why, he finally made up his mind, he swore to himself he will do everything in his power to grow his own strength and survive the tides of the story…

I WILL SURVIVE

13