Chapter 12: Sage Of The West
369 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that they’ve finally arrived at their main destination, the wizard’s tower. Alessandra led the two inside the tower. And as they went deeper into the wizard’s tower, Alastor realized that unlike its name, being imagined as just a large tall tower. The wizard’s tower was actually more like a small village, with many built houses inside that captivated the heart of the passerby.

Everything looks peaceful yet astonishing, to the point you’ll barely see a normal civilian around. And when you look at the sky, you’ll see sorcerer’s flying with their brooms as if it was the most obvious in the world, while the others converse about their daily life right around the corners.

It took them a really long time before they finally arrived in front of a prestige looking academy, with buildings joined together with it, surrounded by a large gate that blocked the view of its interior.

Alessandra puts on a smug on her face, before opening her delicate small lips to speak once more;

“Welcome to the Wizard’s Academy!!” (Alessandra)

And as her introduction over it comes to an end, Alastor found himself staring at the so-called academy with weird eyes.

Buildings that stood tall, as if they’re modern academies back from Alastor’s world. It shouldn’t even be called an academy anymore, the so-called academy right in front of his eyes, looks more like a mansion, not even comparable to any academy he had ever seen in his whole life.

But the thing that…. Irritates him the most is…

IF MY GUESS IS RIGHT…. THAT MEANS I HAD TO ATTEND THIS ACADEMY SOON, RIGHT???

 

IT’S NOT EVEN THE TIME FOR ME TO GO TO ACADEMY… YET I’M RIGHT IN FRONT OF ONE!!

GIVE ME A BREAK… I THOUGHT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS STUDY UNDER A MENTOR FOR A YEAR BEFORE I SWITCH TO ANOTHER ONE AND YET…. I GUESS I’M DOOMED AFTER ALL... (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Even though his days hadn't even started yet, Alastor complained all of his troubles in his head. Well if the purpose of them coming here was learning from the academy about sorcery, there’s nothing he can do to escape either way.

Alastor let out a long sigh, following that, Alessandra pushed the large gate forward…

SFX for gate creaking*

As the door slowly opened, the beautiful world beyond the large door soon became visible to their eyes.

“Whoa…” (Alastor)

Everyone except Alessandra was in awe, as Alastor glanced side by side over how the inside of the academy far exceeded his expectations. 

It was like a paradise, the front was a garden, with many different sorcerer’s minding their own businesses. Alastor and their group stared at the strange scenery unfolding before their eyes, as they soon stepped inside the academy.

Princess Irish also took a step forward, and at that very moment… Every sorcerer in their vicinity suddenly… Shifted their attention over her.

Without hesitation, they all ran towards Princess Irish, seemingly lowering their heads as they did. It’s like watching a swarm of bees chase a human, they all came rushing in, before coming to halt and bowing in front of Princess Irish in all due respect.


“YOUR HIGHNESS, THANK YOU FOR VISITING US!!”

And with their heads all lowered, the sorcerer’s that were kneeling on the ground greeted the Princess, screaming gratitude over her visit from the bottom of their hearts.

Kind of weirded out by it, Princess Irish was about to tell them to stand back up, but only to be interrupted by another strong party. This time, a totally different entity.

“Lower your heads on the ground, and kneel before the Princess.” 

Out of nowhere, a voice that sounds terrifying, yet calm at the same time resounded in everyone’s head… Soon enough, a small silhouette of an old man in robe appeared to be approaching them from a distance.

As he walks, the ground shudders. At every step he takes, the area around him falls before his greatness…

 

Although the old man was pretty much far away from them, Princess Irish and Alastor could hear the voice of the old man directly through their heads. 

As his figure got closer and closer to them, the old man slowed down on his track, before pointing his thumb down.

“Kneel.”

It was as if an omniscient being had spoken directly to them, everyone heard the cold voice of the old man, followed by it, Alastor and Alessandra suddenly felt a strong pressure over their whole body, and got pinned down over the ground.


“EUMPHHH…!!” (Alastor)

“HEUOL..!!” (Alessandra)

Alastor struggled for a minute, before successfully raising his head, only to be met by a cold stare from the old man. And soon, the pressure became even stronger, as both siblings continued to kiss the ground.

WHO IS HE… (Alastor Inner Monologue)

Alastor asked in his head…

Even though it was the weaker version of Alessandra, it’s still the same Alessandra that beat those bandits from before without breaking a sweat. And yet, he’s crushing them without any trouble, by just his pressure alone…

So, how… Just how, is he this strong..? (Alastor Inner Monologue)

The cold gaze of the old man continued to look down upon the two siblings busy kissing the ground. And at the most unexpected moment, the old man suddenly broke into a fit of laughter…

It was like watching a lunatic laugh when killing its prey. It was a very terrifying experience, to the point every laugh of his, sends shivers to Alastor’s spine.

 

“How surprising, I didn’t know there were a few students who could withstand standing before me… I look forward to this new generation Bah-ha ha ha.”

Putting down his thumb, the old man released the two siblings from his pressure and warned them for the last time.

“You may be talented and all, but I won’t tolerate disrespect over the royalties next time. Better watch your manners, you two.”

Alastor struggled to catch his breath, as the pressure he felt earlier still hasn’t completely washed away. Meanwhile, Alessandra already recovered most of her strength, before running towards the old man in robe, to apologize and greet him.

“I truly apologize for how my brother and I have acted, I greet b

before you, Principal Wei, Sage of the West.” (Alessandra)

And at that moment Alastor's brain starts functioning again, and soon, memories that were like a long friend to him starts playing on his head like in a movie theater, and that’s when he finally recalled who’s this mysterious old man right in front of their eyes.

The sorcerer who fought side by side with the previous hero’s party. He was someone who fend off an attack from the demon king by his own in the novel, the formidable force, the sage of the west, Wei Albraist.

So he was just here all along… (Alastor Inner Monologue)

According to what he can remember from the novel, after the attack of the demon king started, Wei Albraist forced him to retreat, giving enough time for the main character of the novel to train since he’s still in the academy during that arc.  Thereafter, Wei Albraist disappeared for many years, and only showed up again when the world needed him the most. 

He also became the master of the main character from the novel, and played the biggest role in the novel, over the main character’s growth and well being.

Although meeting the sage this early isn’t part of the original story, it was still a blessing in disguise…

If I can learn sorcery directly from him, even if it's just one year of training… I’d be able to ensure my survival over the cloudy future… The very least… (Alastor Inner Monologue)

13