Chapter 90 – Thoughts
539 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"If it's Captain Ailin, I also agree."

Following Captain Love Aikawa of the 7th Division, Captain Shinji Hirako of the 5th Division also cast his vote.

"Regarding the proposal to appoint the felon Ailin as the ninth generation Kenpachi, currently the 4th Division Captain, 7th Division Captain, and 5th Division Captain have approved it.Is there anyone else who wants to recommend the felon Ailin?"

Commander-General Yamamoto swept his gaze over the captains standing before him and asked.

If Ailin were currently in Soul Society, then with the recommendations from these three captains, plus Yamamoto's own agreement, it would meet the first condition for assuming the captain position.

After all, Ailin had previously served as the 6th Division Captain and possessed captain-level strength as well as Bankai for his Zanpakutō, which had all been tested.

However, Ailin was not in Soul Society at the moment, so the first and third conditions were not met.

To promote Ailin to the 11th Division Captain, recommendations from three more captains were needed, as well as the approval of six captains.

"Heh, if it's Brother Ailin, I can cast a vote too." Kirio Hikifune, Captain of the 12th Division, said cheerfully.

In Kirio Hikifune's view, Ailin was indeed a rare talent. Perhaps he could also receive an invitation from the Zero Division like Kuruyashiki Kenpachi.

Kirio Hikifune had absolute confidence in her own promotion to the Zero Division. If she could have a familiar colleague in the Zero Division, it wouldn't be so lonely up there, right?

"Four." Commander-General Yamamoto read out coldly.

"Alright, Captain Ailin is indeed more suitable than Vice-Captain Gosuke to become the 11th Division Captain. I'll also cast a vote for Captain Ailin." Shunsui Kyōraku was the one who proposed having 11th Division Vice Captain Gosuke become the 11th Division Captain, but no one expected that at this critical juncture between the two candidates, Shunsui Kyōraku actually chose to defect.

"Five."

For a long time, no one else spoke.

At this time, Commander-General Yamamoto regretted sending 2nd Division Captain Yoruichi Shihōin and 9th Division Captain Kensei Muguruma to escort Sōya Azashiro to the Central 46 Compound earlier.

During the rebellion instigated by Kōga Hoshino, the 9th Division and 7th Division could be said to have suffered the most crushing defeat among the 13 Divisions.

As the strongest captains of the Gotei 13, when faced with the rebellion instigated by Kōga, not only were they unable to suppress the rebellion, they were even defeated by Kōga. Even their Zanpakutō became accomplices of Kōga.

Fortunately, before their Zanpakutō could cause much damage to Seireitei, Ailin stepped forward. Not only did he defeat their Zanpakutō, even Kōga who instigated the rebellion was vanquished in battle against Ailin.

Therefore, Kensei Muguruma and Love Aikawa were very convinced by Ailin's strength. After losing their Bankai, the two of them were defeated by their own Zanpakutō. And the Zanpakutō that defeated them didn't even stir up much of a storm before Ailin, and were shattered by Ailin in just a few moves.

After Kōga’s rebellion ended, Kensei Muguruma and Love Aikawa both felt their strength was insufficient. While reforging their Zanpakutō, they also intensified their training in the four Shinigami combat techniques.

Love Aikawa trained in swordsmanship, while Kensei Muguruma trained in hakuda. Looking at it now, the strength of these two had indeed improved in recent years.

Love Aikawa had now cast a vote for Ailin. If Kensei Muguruma were also present, he would definitely cast a vote for Ailin too. Even the relationship between Yoruichi Shihōin and Ailin might result in another vote.

In that case, Ailin would not only receive recommendations from six captains but would also gain one more captain's support.

Under normal circumstances, as long as there were recommendations from six captains, the remaining six captains basically wouldn't have any objections and would just approve. With Ailin's qualifications of having served as the 6th Division Captain, they wouldn't refuse to acknowledge him.

However, now that 6th Division Captain Byakuya Kuchiki had left, in the end, the decisive vote still needed to come from Commander-General Yamamoto.

"Since everyone doesn't want to vote for the time being, let's wait until 2nd Division Captain Shihōin and 9th Division Captain Muguruma return before continuing the vote."

"Yes, Commander-General."

***

In the World of the Living, Ailin, who was teaching Haruko demon arts, did not know that the captains in Seireitei were preparing to have him return to Soul Society to serve as the 11th Division Captain.

After sensing the Soul King's will and understanding the Soul King's pursuit, most of Ailin's worries were dispelled.

Whether it was the rebellion instigated by Sōsuke Aizen or the awakening of Yhwach two hundred years later, they were all developing towards the future the Soul King hoped for under the Soul King's will.

The Soul King wanted to seek death, but his great love for the world prevented him from abandoning the world and dying when there was no suitable Soul King candidate to replace him.

Ailin speculated that perhaps it was precisely because the Soul King could no longer hold on that in these final two hundred years, multiple Soul King candidates appeared, such as Ginjo Kugo, Hanakari Jinta, Hikone Ubuginu, and Ichigo Kurosaki.

Clearly, even if Yhwach ultimately failed and was unable to kill the Soul King, the Soul King might still self-destruct. Then, one or several of these individuals would be made into the new Soul King by Ichibe Hyōsube to become the new "linchpin" stabilizing the three realms.

Just as Ichibe Hyōsube said, although he cheered on Ichigo Kurosaki and the others, in the end, he also said that he didn't expect Ichigo Kurosaki and the others to succeed. Originally, he had planned to make Ichigo Kurosaki the new "Soul King" to become the new "linchpin" after Yhwach killed the Soul King.

After all, Ichibe Hyōsube was someone bestowed the name "Monk Who Calls the Real Name" by the Soul King. As long as he erased the name of Ichigo Kurosaki, this Soul King candidate, and renamed Ichigo Kurosaki as "Soul King", Ichigo Kurosaki would naturally have the function of the "Soul King" and could become the "linchpin" stabilizing the three realms.

Regardless of how Yhwach and Ichibe Hyōsube were opposed to each other before the Soul King's death, in the new world after Yhwach killed the Soul King, a new Soul King was still needed to maintain stability.

Guarding the Soul King Palace and protecting the Soul King was Ichibe Hyōsube's duty. Moreover, with Ichibe Hyōsube's ability, as long as someone remembered his name and called his name, he could be resurrected from death. Even Yhwach couldn't truly kill him.

Even if Yhwach created a new world, Ichibe Hyōsube would still be the best candidate to guard the Soul King Palace.

As for Shinigami and Quincy, they were nothing more than lower-level guardians of the "Soul King".

Now it was the world of Shinigami, ruled by Shinigami who controlled Soul Society and Seireitei.

After Yhwach created a new world, he might change the Quincy's destructive power into a purifying power against Hollows. At that time, it would be the Quincy's turn to govern Soul Society, control Seireitei, protect the World of the Living, and purify Hollows, not much different from the current Shinigami.

Now, powerful Quincy could survive the encirclement and suppression of Shinigami. Similarly, in the future where Quincy controlled Soul Society, powerful Shinigami could also live quite well.

Ailin didn't need to do anything. He just needed to maintain his own strength.

In the courtyard, Haruko had a solemn expression. Her left hand gripped her right wrist as she circulated her spiritual power, guiding it to the space between the index and middle fingers of her right hand while chanting the incantation for the demon arts.

"The archer who cannot be mapped, when he moves, he is like wind, and when he is still, he is empty..."

"Hadō Number One - Thrust!"

Bang!

Following Haruko's chant, the ball of spiritual power at her fingertips transformed into a wind shockwave and shot out, shattering a tile placed on the table in front of her.

"Yay, I did it!"

Clap clap clap clap...

Ailin laughed and applauded, "Not bad, not bad. Haruko, you've already learned the first Hadō. Next, you needs to continue working hard to train and strive to master the first Hadō to the point of abandoning the incantation.

Once you completes casting the first demon art without incantation, I'll take you to find suitable opponents and let you start expelling evil spirits."

While encouraging Haruko, Ailin also dangled bait in front of her. As someone who had gone through this before, how could he not know the thoughts of a person after mastering superhuman powers?

Holding a straight tree branch could cause countless plants to bow their heads wherever one passed. Let alone having spiritual power, such a transcendent energy.

Sure enough, hearing Ailin say this, Haruko's eyes immediately lit up.

"Really? Ailin-kun, I can also expel evil spirits?"

"Of course!"

Ailin patted Haruko's head and doted, "You have already mastered spiritual power and learned demon arts, so naturally you can also use spiritual power to drive away evil spirits."

Mere evil spirits posed no threat before degenerating into Hollows.

"When you can cast demon arts above the tenth level without incantation, encountering low-level Hollows, you will also have a fighting chance."

"Mm, I'll work hard."

With Ailin's promise, Haruko trained very diligently in the following days. However, she didn't only practice the first Hadō to go out and expel evil spirits earlier. She also methodically practiced other Bakudō and higher-level demon arts.

After all, Haruko also knew that her main purpose in cultivating was to make Ailin worry less when he wasn't by her side. If she truly encountered danger, the Zanpakutō Ailin gave her would protect her. There was no need for her to fight yet.

Under Haruko's diligent training, in less than a month, she could already cast the first Hadō and first Bakudō without incantation. As for chanting, she had also become very proficient in demon arts below the fifth level.

"Ailin-kun..."

After shattering several tiles in front of Ailin with her hand, Haruko stared at Ailin with her watery eyes full of anticipation.

"Hahaha, I prepared it for you long ago." Ailin smiled, then returned to the house and handed Haruko a red and white miko outfit.

"From today onward, Miss Haruko, you are the miko of our Sakura Village."

"And I am the samurai who protects the miko!"

 

Thank you for the Ratings/Likes and Comments. Your support is the greatest encouragement for me!

Become a member at:
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

30