Chapter 92 – Exorcism
522 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The attendants behind quietly listened to the conversation between the two great ones ahead, their hearts startled.

In this era, they occasionally heard rumors of evil spirits causing havoc and destroying cities and towns.

Could those powerful evil spirits be the Hollows spoken of by Ailin-sama?

Fortunately, judging from the current tone of Lady Haruko and Lord Ailin, even if they faced evil spirits that had already fallen into depravity, they didn't seem concerned. The evil spirit in the lord's residence that had not yet completely fallen must not be a problem either.

Indeed, she was the legendary miko-sama.

Under the guidance of the attendant, Ailin and Haruko soon arrived at the lord's residence of Fujiwara Castle.

"Lady Haruko."

When Junichi Fujiwara saw Haruko in her red and white miko attire at the entrance, he felt as if he had suddenly let out a sigh of relief and hurriedly ran up to Haruko.

"Lady Haruko, I've finally been waiting for you."

As for Ailin behind Haruko, he was selectively ignored by Lord Fujiwara.

"Lady Haruko, I have prepared food and hot water for you. Please, this way."

After welcoming Haruko into the lord's residence, Junichi Fujiwara spoke while preparing to lead Ailin and her to a side hall.

Although receiving guests in a side hall was somewhat discourteous, the main hall of the lord's residence was now occupied by that evil spirit. Even Junichi Fujiwara didn't dare enter, let alone entertain guests there.

"No need to rush, Lord Fujiwara. I've come to purify the evil spirit. Before eating, let's go take a look at that evil spirit first."

"Well, alright."

Although Junichi Fujiwara wanted to show some courtesy to the "legendary miko," the most important thing now was to purify the evil spirit in the main hall of the lord's residence.

If this miko could successfully purify that powerful evil spirit, he could show his courtesy later.

If even the "legendary miko" couldn't expel and purify this evil spirit, he could only abandon Fujiwara Castle and flee farther away.

After all, as the lord of a city, Junichi Fujiwara also knew that once certain evil spirits broke free from their restraints and became more powerful beings, rarely did the nearby humans survive unscathed.

Junichi Fujiwara led Haruko towards the main hall, but the closer they got to the main hall, the slower Junichi Fujiwara’s pace became. In the end, he was no longer leading the way but following behind Haruko.

"Indeed, this evil spirit is about to fall into depravity."

When she saw the evil spirit in the lord's main hall, Haruko knew that this evil spirit might be the strongest one she had encountered in a while.

"Growl..."

At this moment, the evil spirit could barely still be seen as a humanoid figure. Due to the "hunger" of its soul, the evil spirit appeared somewhat emaciated, but those two eyes filled with endless malice seemed to emit a red glow.

"Get out, get out..."

"This is my lord's residence, everything belongs to me!"

From the words spoken by this evil spirit, Ailin and Haruko could tell that this was its greatest "attachment" to the world.

Looking at the chain on the evil spirit's chest, it was almost completely devoured. For humans with physical bodies, if their souls accidentally left due to some mishap, there was a soul chain connecting the soul's chest to the body.

Following the connection of the chain, the soul could smoothly return to the body and awaken from unconsciousness.

However, if a human's body died and the soul still had lingering attachments to the world, the soul chain on the soul's chest would connect to the place or person the soul was attached to, becoming an "earth-bound spirit."

The place connected by the soul chain could be a location or a person. Once an earth-bound spirit was formed, the soul could not leave the place or person that bound it.

However, once the chain on the evil spirit's chest was devoured, leaving a hollow void, this evil spirit would fall from being an "earth-bound spirit" into becoming a more powerful "Hollow."

At that time, the Hollow would no longer be restricted by the soul chain. Instead, driven by its inner emptiness, it could devour human souls to fill that void and ascend to a higher level, following its "instinct."

"Hiss..."

Although Junichi Fujiwara could not see the evil spirit in the lord's main hall, the evil spirit in the lord's residence had now reached the point of almost falling into becoming a Hollow. Its spiritual pressure was already able to slightly interfere with reality.

The fundamental supernatural power in the Soul Society was "spiritual pressure."

Ordinary people without spiritual pressure could neither see souls nor be harmed by spiritual bodies. Mostly those with spiritual pressure could see souls, harm souls, and be harmed by spiritual bodies.

However, this situation would lose its effect when the spiritual pressure of a spiritual body reached a certain threshold.

For example, Shinigami and Hollows had such high spiritual pressure that they could greatly harm people in the living world.

Now, the spiritual pressure of this evil spirit in the lord's residence was on the verge of transforming into a true "Hollow."

"How is it, Haruko?" Seeing the evil spirit before them, Ailin asked Haruko.

After this period of cultivation, Haruko's strength had greatly improved. However, under Ailin's deliberate arrangement, Haruko had only encountered evil spirits so far. Until now, Haruko had not truly battled a Hollow.

The evil spirit before them would transform into a Hollow in no more than two or three days. If Haruko wanted to challenge a Hollow, she could wait those two or three days first.

Haruko remained silent for a moment before smiling and shaking her head.

"Never mind, we'll definitely encounter Hollows in the future. There's no need to endanger the lives of an entire city for my selfish desire."

Behind Haruko, Junichi Fujiwara was drenched in cold sweat upon hearing her words.

What did she mean by endangering the lives of an entire city for her selfish desire? What exactly did this legendary miko intend to do? Had he made a mistake in inviting this miko? Just as Junichi Fujiwara was startled by Ailin and Haruko's conversation, Haruko's voice rang in his ears: "Lord Fujiwara, we'll begin the exorcism now. Will you leave or stay here?"

I'll tell you in advance, since the strength of this evil spirit is formidable, if you stay here, the upcoming battle might affect you."

"Huh? The exorcism is starting now?" Junichi Fujiwara hesitated for a moment.

Previously, when the monk from Fujiwara Castle performed the exorcism, he had watched from outside.

At that time, the monk was directly blasted out after entering for a short while, critically injured and near death.

Junichi Fujiwara’s legs went soft from fright. After all, before inviting the monk for the exorcism, Junichi Fujiwara had been enjoying himself in the lord's main hall.

If that evil spirit took offense and did the same to him, Junichi Fujiwara didn't think he could survive.

So, upon hearing Haruko's words, he immediately shook his head, "Lady Haruko, I'll leave then, lest I distract you and increase the burden of your exorcism by needing protection."

Haruko gave Junichi Fujiwara a surprised look. This fellow was quite self-aware.

To those ordinary people without spiritual pressure who couldn't see spirits, monks and mikos often appeared like "frauds."

Sometimes, when they were harassed by evil spirits and sought monks or mikos for exorcisms, they would watch the exorcism to satisfy their curiosity.

In many cases, the spiritual pressure of evil spirits couldn't physically harm ordinary people, at most making the surroundings feel gloomy or colliding with small objects in the living world to intimidate the living.

However, the evil spirit before them was about to fall into depravity and become a Hollow. Its spiritual pressure had already grown strong enough to cause harm to reality.

In such a situation, Junichi Fujiwara’s presence would indeed be a distraction, requiring protection. However, Haruko didn't need to worry about that, because Ailin would take action!

Since Junichi Fujiwara had no intention of observing from the sidelines, it would save them some trouble.

"Very well, you can stay here then." After nodding at Junichi Fujiwara, Haruko entered the lord's main hall.

"Hum!"

"Growl..."

After Haruko entered the main hall, it seemed to provoke the evil spirit inside. After letting out a roar, this evil spirit dragged its tattered soul chain and charged towards Haruko.

Facing the evil spirit's charge, Haruko calmly responded. She extended her right index and middle fingers, tracing a symbol resembling a question mark in the air with white spiritual power.

"Bakudō #1 - Sai!"

Following Haruko's incantation, an unseen great force pulled the charging evil spirit's hands behind its back. Then, the symbol Haruko traced with spiritual power quickly flew behind the evil spirit and transformed into wooden shackles, binding its hands.

Bang!

The force restraining the evil spirit caused its charging figure to lose balance and crash into a chair in the main hall, shattering it.

"Get out, get out..."

Despite being restrained by Haruko, the evil spirit continued shouting for her to leave its territory.

Then, after standing up with its bound hands behind its back, it charged towards Haruko again, opening its mouth as if to attack her with its teeth.

"Foolish."

Seeing this repulsive sight, Haruko's expression turned cold. With her hands open, Haruko cast a Bakudō at the approaching evil spirit without an incantation.

"Bakudō #8 - Hachi!"

Bang!

Before the charging evil spirit could reach Haruko, it was directly blocked by an invisible barrier in front of her outstretched hands.

The tremendous repulsive force sent the evil spirit staggering backward a few steps before it fell to the ground, unable to maintain its balance.

"Bakudō #4 - Hainawa!"

Before the evil spirit could get up, Haruko released another Bakudō.

White spiritual particles formed a long rope that directly bound the evil spirit's legs together in a mermaid-like fashion.

After ensuring the Hollow before her had lost its ability to attack, Haruko began chanting the incantation for an offensive Hadō spell.

"The undulating whip of lightning, the immeasurable current of thunderclaps, forged within..."

Sizzle, sizzle...

Following Haruko's chant, the spiritual power at her fingertips transformed into blue lightning, swirling around her fingers.

"Hadō #4 - Byakurai!"

 

Thank you for the Ratings/Likes and Comments. Your support is the greatest encouragement for me!

Become a member at:
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

27