Chapter 94 – The Decision
553 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was after Ailin's spiritual pressure broke through the barrier of a century-captain years ago, causing Haruko's soul to start withering due to being unable to withstand his powerful spiritual pressure, that he stopped manufacturing Zanpakutō, finally having some spare time to accompany his wife.

Since Ailin was not familiar with the other captains, he didn't think there would be six captains recommending him to become the captain of the 11th Division, also known as the 9th Kenpachi.

"Moreover, according to what you said, Captain Sōya Kenpachi of the 11th Division was imprisoned in Muken a year ago. If Seireitei had really decided to make me the 11th Division Captain, wouldn't I have received some news about it?"

Indeed, in Ailin's view, what Kisuke Urahara had just told him was more likely just teasing him.

If Ailin's memory served him correctly, after Sōya Kenpachi turned himself in, the 9th Kenpachi of the 11th Division seemed to be inherited by a junior of Kuruyashiki Kenpachi, who was previously the lieutenant of the 11th Division.

Of course, because his strength was too weak, he couldn't bear the name of "Kenpachi," making him the disgrace of that title.

As the first "Gosuke" in the history of Soul Society who did not challenge the previous Kenpachi to become the new one, his strength could not command respect from the masses. In fact, he couldn't even hold the captain's position for long before being challenged and killed by Zaraki, who was once the 3rd Seat of the 11th Division.

Even Shunsui Kyōraku, who was once on good terms with Kuruyashiki Kenpachi, felt ashamed to mention the name of this 9th Kenpachi.

"Captain Ailin, are you blaming me?" Kisuke Urahara jumped down from the air and let out a sigh. "It seems that Captain Ailin doesn't believe me, which is truly heartbreaking. However, Captain Ailin, you really lack confidence in your own connections."

Standing in front of Ailin, seeing Ailin's expression of "you can make up whatever you want, but I won't believe a word of it," Kisuke Urahara's eyes twitched, and he felt like punching Ailin to let him experience why he was so famous.

Heaven knows what he had gone through this past year to find Ailin.

"At the captains' meeting a year ago, the first one to suggest making you the captain of the 11th Division was Captain Unohana of the 4th Division."

"Huh?"

When Ailin heard Kisuke Urahara say this, his heart stirred.

Could it be that this guy was telling the truth? Captain Retsu Unohana of the 4th Division was the one who had diagnosed Haruko before and told Ailin and Ginrei Kuchiki about Haruko's true condition.

In other words, she was the first person to know that Ailin's spiritual pressure had reached the level of a captain a hundred years ago.

At that time, Ailin had sensed a killing intent from this first Kenpachi for a moment. It wasn't a murderous intent, but rather a pure intent to kill for the sake of battle.

Because of her own weakness, she had unconsciously weakened her spiritual pressure to match Zaraki’s level during their fight, making Retsu Unohana feel the sorrow of her own weakness.

In order to continue fighting with that child, Retsu Unohana followed Tenjirou Kirinji and learned the healing techniques of Kaido. For so many years, she had always wanted to find someone to test whether she now had the strength to make that child fight at full power.

Ailin was the person she wanted to use for that test.

If it was someone else recommending Ailin to become the 11th Division Captain, Ailin might not have understood. But if it was this person, it was indeed very possible.

"Then, Captain Love Aikawa of the 7th Division, Captain Shinji Hirako of the 5th Division, Captain Shunsui Kyōraku of the 8th Division, Captain Kensei Muguruma of the 9th Division, and Captain Kirio Hikifune of the 12th Division all recommended you together.

The remaining ones, except for Captain Kuchiki of the 6th Division who abstained, including the Commander-General, all approved of you becoming the new captain of the 11th Division. Because when you left Soul Society, you used... No, that's not right...

Because you used the Senkaimon of the 2nd Division to leave Soul Society, so to find you, inform you, and bring you back to Soul Society to take up the position of the 11th Division Captain..."

At this point, Kisuke Urahara's gaze towards Ailin became somewhat unfriendly. "However, a year ago when I arrived at the village you called 'Sakura Village' through the Senkaimon, I found that you had already left.

If it weren't for the fact that members of the 12th Division recently detected Hollow spiritual pressure here and discovered Captain Ailin, I might still be searching all over for you to deliver the Commander-General's order."

"Haha, hahaha..." Ailin laughed dryly.

He had to admit, Kisuke Urahara's resentful gaze was quite lethal. At least, Ailin himself felt a bit guilty.

After all, for the past year, he and Haruko had been exorcising spirits in the guise of miko, only encountering evil spirits that were not powerful enough for Soul Society to monitor.

Under such circumstances, it was indeed very difficult for Seireitei to locate Ailin and find him. After all, the Shinigami were focused on Hollows. For the past year, Ailin had been avoiding Hollows to allow Haruko to practice.

"Sorry, Urahara, for making you go through so much trouble to find me. However...” Glancing at Haruko, Ailin shrugged, "You should know that I can't go to Soul Society."

"I know, but Captain Ailin, what if I can take Miss Haruko to Soul Society as well?"

"Oh?"

Ailin looked at Kisuke Urahara with some surprise. He had no doubt about whether Kisuke Urahara could do this. After all, this guy had a precedent of directly sending humans to Soul Society as souls.

"Captain Ailin, I'm very envious of the feelings between you and Miss Haruko. But, Captain Ailin, are you sure that all the choices you've made are what Miss Haruko truly wants?"

"Huh? Urahara, what do you mean?" Hearing Kisuke Urahara's words seemed to target Haruko, Ailin's expression changed as he pulled Haruko behind him, staring at Kisuke Urahara.

"Captain Ailin, you should know what I mean."

Ignoring Ailin, Kisuke Urahara looked at Haruko and continued, "Miss Haruko, perhaps you don't know, but when a human's soul is led to Soul Society after death, they will lose all memories of the living world."

"What?" Upon hearing Kisuke Urahara's words, Haruko's face turned pale.

In her imagination, she would accompany Ailin for twenty years in the living world, and then, when she was about to grow old, she would die, so that Ailin wouldn't have to see her aged appearance. After that, she would accompany Ailin for another hundred years in Soul Society, leaving the most beautiful image of herself in Ailin's heart.

These were just some small thoughts in Haruko's mind that she had never revealed to Ailin. If she lost her memories of Ailin after dying... Thinking of this, Haruko tightly gripped Ailin's hand, instantly panicking.

"No, absolutely not, I absolutely don't want to forget Ailin!"

"Urahara!"

Facing Ailin's roar, Kisuke Urahara waved his hand dismissively, "Don't be so hasty, Captain Ailin."

"If I'm not mistaken, Miss Haruko must have started cultivating, right? Miss Haruko, have you ever thought about going to Seireitei with Captain Ailin, then entering the Shin'ō Academy to become a real Shinigami?"

"Become a Shinigami?"

Upon hearing Kisuke Urahara's words, Haruko felt as if she had suddenly been enlightened. That's right, if she became a Shinigami, her lifespan would be greatly extended.

Look at Captain Unohana of the 4th Division and Captain Kirio Hikifune of the 12th Division, all of them are hundreds of years old, yet still so beautiful. If she became a Shinigami, she could stay by Ailin's side forever.

"Ailin-kun, shall we go back to Seireitei?"

"Sigh..."

Seeing the pleading look in Haruko's eyes, Ailin sighed.

"Haruko, do you know that once we return to Seireitei, we will have to separate? In the living world, with the protection of your physical body, your soul is nourished by the body, so it won't wither under the pressure of my spiritual pressure. But if we go back to Seireitei, without the protection of your physical body, before you become a true Shinigami, you won't be able to stay with me for long periods of time. Otherwise, your soul will still fall into decline..."

Haruko's face turned pale. She knew all of this. But, in order to stay by Ailin's side for longer, this was an obstacle she had to overcome.

"Yes, Ailin, please forgive me for being selfish this time. I want to become a Shinigami, I want to stay with Ailin for a much, much longer time..."

"Alright. Since this is Haruko's wish, what reason do I have to stop you? Urahara, you win. Let's go, I'll go back with you and take up the position of the 9th Kenpachi!"

***

Because Haruko's physical body needed to be converted into spirit particles in order for her to be taken to Soul Society, Ailin and the others did not directly enter Soul Society through the Senkaimon controlled by the 2nd Division. Instead, they prepared to return to Sakura Village.

There, Kisuke Urahara would apply the Kido technique to convert physical bodies into spirit particles on the Senkaimon, allowing Haruko and Ailin to enter Soul Society through the underground facility's Senkaimon.

After obtaining Ailin's promise, Kisuke Urahara used a Hell Butterfly to send a message to Soul Society, then headed to Sakura Village first to modify the Senkaimon in the underground facility.

As for Ailin and Haruko, they chose to wait here until the evil spirit's spiritual pressure dissipated.

If Haruko ultimately couldn't become a Shinigami after returning to Soul Society, and her spiritual pressure didn't reach a level where she could stay by Ailin's side for long periods, then this would almost be their last chance to be together.

Of course, if Haruko was willing to die just to stay by Ailin's side at that time, it would be another story.

Ailin hugged Haruko as they sat on the floor of the lord's main hall, both enjoying each other's warmth and feeling each other's heartbeats. Neither of them said anything, but it was as if they had said everything.

On the third day, the evil spirit's spiritual pressure finally dissipated completely, and Ailin and Haruko opened their eyes.

"Let's go, Ailin."

The sunlight shining through the entrance into the main hall made Ailin's eyes hazy for a moment. The girl standing in the sunlight, reaching out her hands to him, was just like back then...

"Yeah, let's go, Haruko!"

 

Thank you for the Ratings/Likes and Comments. Your support is the greatest encouragement for me!

Become a member at:
https://www.patreon.com/ZenpaiTrans

25