chapter 1 – birth
28 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I was born. that was the most unpleasant experience that for some reason I remember. no wonder everyone forgets. it was terrible.
it was worm and nice, but suddenly everything started to hurt and I got cold. it was hella frightening.
so, instead of crying, I just started shouting like a maniac. confusing both of my parents, with my mother holding me ,
I felt the warmth of her body. it was no longer cold, so I stopped shouting. I tried to take a closer look at them. hard. I took a nap.

life as a baby was limiting. I only remember the emotions and some of the pictures, and I could hardly think. my brain wasn't developed enough for much else. my mother's warmth. her voice.
my parents were so sweet. my mother especially. she would sing me lullabies with a voice just like an angle! just to calm me down. how did it went? donno! I can't possibly remember. I only know it was nice. like taking a warm bath after a
long day of work. or after a 12 hour marathon of banging your head against a wall trying to solve this *one* annoying question. ah! the equations! when the experiment matches their results. that feeling! almost as pleasant as mother. just kidding, it doesn't compare.
mother is the best after all.

but it was awesome. my dad also had a gentle voice, and a gentle smile. yup, there was no mistaking it. he was a mage. generic blue robes in contrast with his yellow hair, carrying a staff. yup, this is a fantasy world.
he would let me be close, and he read me books about this world. so educational! I guess he thought it would put me to sleep. but no! obviously I had to know more!

it seems in this world, there is this thing called a "soul" that connect your memories and your body,
and allows you to use a thing called mana. I should research this!
I just noticed, but hell my parents are pretty. my mom has cold facial features but a gentle face.
long, blue shining hair, and dark blue eyes. for some reason her hands had a much darker skin, like, pitch black. shining with a blue shade. I really loved putting it in my mouth.
mother is tasty.
my father was kind of the same (look, not taste!). his hands were normal. but he had very orange hair, and starkly beautiful brown eyes.
so many different colors. I wonder why?
so, it must be the connection to the soul.
okay, questions!

is it a form of energy? can it so clearly have such physical effects, on an unconscious body?
hmmm, if that is so, the hair is imbued with mana? what about the genetic structure, all the way to the molecule. is it in any way affected I wonder? I assume not. maybe somewhat? a change of color. a pretty color that is still on the visible spectrum.
such a specific change, if involved with this mana and thing called a soul. must be due to what you'd call a will. a subconscious will? how far can you dye objects with mana to perceive wanted results? and for the will to be able to so gently change
something, not only unconsciously but being unaware of the details of such a change except the wanted result. if the "will" is stronger, so would the effect be more complex I wonder? this could pretty amazing!
to be able to merely imagine something and create such a delicate result! magic is amazing! a talented mage could probably create some pretty amazing items by dying them with his energy. hmmm... if we're living in a feudal society, most would probably be sold to nobles. if even.
unless it is something even a beginner mage can make. I guess that also depends on the amount of mages, and how much they're willing to contribute. I assume that it'll probably be the case that the more mages a society has, the more it is developed. damn.
mages must be quite amazing if that is so.

hey is my father really amazing?
mother usually wore gloves. an injury? hpmh, considering the color, is it magic related? my mother too? a mage? wha. is my family really amazing? I giggled at my discovery. both of them looked at me gently.
however, just after this, for some reason my dad stopped reading. I glared at him to continue. that didn't work. well, must I attempt plan B? muahahahaha. I smiled at him. and said "dad! dad! book!"
huh! are you surprised with my vocabulary? my exquisite selection of words?
my articulation and accurate manner of speech? you must be. know now who you must serve!
both of them. they were shocked.
"hey lini, what did you just say?"
"dad! I love! book.!" my parents were really excited. well, considering those were my first words.
wait. I saw dad giving mother a triumphant smile. hey!
yo! what do you think you're doing! know your place!
I must let him know his place! no way.
looking at him, I frowned. "I love! mother! best!". and then I glared at him.
oh my, that sure surprised them. yes, yes! bow before my eloquence!
besides the obvious surprise and shock. dad seemed disappointed. however that lasted only for a moment, he laughed awkwardly. "yeah, me too"

he was looking at my mother fondly. needless to say, my mother came out best from this argument. she was crying tears of joy. I clinged strongly to her chest and hugged her.
hmph. that dad. I thought he was just a lowly peasant. however, my evaluation of him rose significantly. he was a comrade! we must both strive to make mama proud! she is the best in the world after all.


for now the protagonist has no memories of her previous life. she regains memories as she grows, and even so, they are very vague. eventually she will be able to fully remember who she was in her previous life, after she gains more connection to the "soul" via magic. also, in this world that is not that uncommon. (she is not op). anyways, I just wanted to emphasize that in case there is any confusion for them loli-cons out there. when I say she is a certain age, she is that age. she is not a first person narrator. she technically narrates the events as an "observer" (the soul). if she can talk early, it's simply because she's a smart kid. she was almost two, so it was not impossible.

for now I will focus on world building, so the narrative won't have any "meat" to it. the character uses her inquisitive nature to explore the world around her. that is the excuse I have for me to initiate the exposition.

this is my first real attempt at a story, so I'm giving it a lot of thought. the story will start with a "feels good" narrative that also explain some exposition until I decide exactly what I'm gonna do. I'm definitely going to create a rough narrative before starting to write. but how I'm gonna do that, and how I'm going to world build? well, I'm thinking a whole lot about it. the next chapter is going to be the parent's perspective. damn, naming them is hard. 

do you like lini?
  • yes! Votes: 1 100.0%
  • she is cute! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hmph, I guess. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well, I don't hate her. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • she is cringy\annoying. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nope. absolutely not. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
1