Chapter 1: New World Systems
231 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Gah! What the hell was that?!” The boy (girl?) awoke with a jolt. The pain he felt earlier is gone now, but in its place are a few unfamiliar feelings that he is not currently at liberty to investigate. Looking around he sees he's in a peaceful open plains type area, a few trees dot the landscape with a river running through it. He rushes to the river, locks of golden blonde hair falling over his face, wanting to see his reflection in the water’s surface.

 

As expected, what he sees when he reaches the water is the reflection of a young girl. Long blonde hair, crimson red eyes, round face. “Holy shit…” she's astonished by her own reflection. Looking down, she sees her new feminine figure. 34C breasts, a small waistline, and wide hips accented by her thighs. Not quite an hourglass figure, but not far off. Clothing-wise, she's not naked. Just wearing a simple white tunic and red vest with pants, black fingerless gloves, and simple shoes.

 

“I’ve never seen a cuter girl in my life… and it’s me. Ok, ok. There’s only one thing left to do”

 

Wasting no time at all, she exclaims “Status!” and brings up her character information.

Name Lucifer   Strength (STR) 7 3
Race  Human   Defense (DEF) 7 3
Gender ???   Dexterity (DEX) 5 7
Class Red Mage   Intelligence (INT) 3 7
Level 1   Speed (SPD) 3 7
Experience 0 / 100   Resistance (RES) 7 5
  Willpower (WILL) 7 5
HP 100 / 100   Charisma (CHA) 5 7
MP 50 / 50        
Stamina 100 / 100   0 Copper Coins 0 Silver Coins 0 Gold Coins
Just so I don't need to go into massive detail explaining the different stats, I'll just explain what each of them does here. Strength is physical damage. Defense is resistance to physical damage. Dexterity increases physical and magic damage (to a lesser extent than their main statistics) casting speed, and bow draw speed. Intelligence increases magic damage. Resistance increases resistance to magical damage. Speed increases movement speed and evasion. Willpower increases resistance to status effects. Charisma increases the likelihood that status effects land.

"Unknown gender?” There were several things about this status screen that confused her. That and there being two numbers for every stat. Looking for answers, she looks at her skills tab. “Unknown gender?” There were several things about this status screen that confused her. That and there being two numbers for every stat, but at least she knew what her new name was and she rather liked it. Looking for answers, she looks at her skills tab.

Skills
Fire Bolt Light Heal Sex Shift

“Sex Shift…” she thought, if anything explained the oddities in the status screen, it'd have to be this. So she selects it.

Sex Shift    
Physical Toggle Transformation
     
Cost 20 Stamina and 25 HP  

Casting Time

30 Seconds  
Cooldown 30 Seconds  

“25 HP?! That's a quarter of my max HP just for using this skill, and I only have one healing spell.” Dejected, she looks down at the skill description.

Changes the user’s sex. Combat parameters, appearance, and functions match the form chosen. 

Upgrading this skill reduces stamina and HP cost, reduces casting time, and skill cooldown.

There will be times when this skill is unavailable, preventing transformation. Or times where transformation is forced.”

Upgrade Requirement: Level 10 + 2 Skill Points (SP)

“Changes my parameters… So this is why I have two different stats listed.” She realizes this is exactly what she asked the goddess for. Her sex change stance change ability. Then her eyes lay on the word “functions”, causing her to blush. 

 

“Wait, wait… so my body, it actually functions like a girl?” She blushes even harder, originally thinking her new form would be mostly cosmetic aside from the stat changes. Flustered, she hurries back to her status menu to make better sense of it.

With this new realization, the stat screen makes a lot more sense. Her gender is unknown because she can be either one. “Alright, I see. The numbers on the left are my Male form stats, while the numbers on the left are my Female form stats.” With this knowledge, she knows what each of her forms specialize in.

 

“So my male form specializes in physical attacks and defense, while my female form specializes in magic attacks and speed. And each form has stats they are weak with and neutral with.”

 

She then moves to her equipment and inventory, which is understandably empty aside from the clothes she's wearing. Not even a single weapon. “I'm completely unarmed, so I can't fight outside of my single magic spell right now. Guess I won't be using my male form for a little bit then, until I can find a weapon.”

 

Lucifer opens her Class screen, the last thing in the menu.

Vanguard Red Mage ???

“I wonder what that unknown class is…” Putting it off she opens the class she has right now.

Red Mage

Magical

Weapon Proficiency: Daggers, Staves, Catalysts

Magic type: Tier 1-2 Offensive Magic, Tier 1-2 Healing Magic, Basic Augmentations

Red Mages cannot wield as strong magic as Black Mages, nor can they heal as well as White Mages, but they strike a delicate balance between. They also learn a few Augmentation spells.

Lucifer closes the status screen, thinking this is all the information she's going to get at this time. “Welp, since I can only rely on my magic right now, this is how I'm rolling out. I'm getting pretty excited.” She can't tell whether she's more excited at her new adventure, or that she's a girl now.

 

“Let's go!” she exclaims, walking away from the river onto the dirt road in the plains.

Obligatory chapter required to explain all the RPG elements. Hopefully my intentions with utilizing this sex switching mechanic are a bit more clear.

7