Chapter 4: New Skills
164 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back onto the road, Lucifer decides to spend those new Skill Points she got from killing the bandits.

Red Mage

  • Rock Throw
  • Ice Shard
  • Air Current
  • Spark Blast
  • Light Regen
  • Quicken

Lucifer takes immediate interest in the last spell on the list. “That’s the same spell that bandit used against me!”

Quicken

Magical • Augmentation • Self

Cost: 10 MP

Cooldown: 2 Minutes

Requirement: 5 Intelligence, 5 Speed

Grants 25% bonus Speed and Dexterity for 1 minute. Can only be used on Self.

Instantly she spends one of her two skill points on it and decides to spend the other on “Ice Shard” to widen her magic repertoire. “As expected, I can’t use this in my male form, but I can’t help but think this’ll be one of the most helpful skills I’ll have available to me.”

Lucifer giggles. “Quicken”

She feels her feet get imbued with strength and starts charging down the road as fast as Olympic-tier sprinters. In no time at all, she sees the village Darryl was talking about come into view. It’s a small, cozy place in the furthest outskirts of Lunaria Kingdom. Her destination, the town of Everglade. The third most populated in the kingdom, situated in a large clearing within the forest of the same name. As she enters the city, she finds several carriages around the center of town, so she picks one at random.

 

“Eh? You want to head to Everglade, at this time of year? Listen kid, I’ll take you as far as the forest if you’re dead set on it, but I would not step foot in that forest right now.” The man owning the carriage seemed stern in his position.

“Fine, there’s someone there I need to talk to, and I can’t risk him getting away from me. So take me there.”

“Sheesh. I’ll tell you this, the place is festering with spirits, and that’s not even getting into all the already present wildlife. With all the fog those spirits kick up, you’re likely to just get lost in there.”

“I don’t care. Take me there.” Lucifer refuses to budge, she needs to find the man who saved her life. It’s the only real goal she has at the moment.

The carriage driver sighs. “Hop in” and the two set off for the edge of the forest. The ride there is uneventful, and as Lucifer hops off, she sees a man walking into the forest himself. After what she’s heard, she doesn’t want to go in alone so she calls out to the man.

 

“Excuse me! Are you going into the forest?”

The man looks behind him, at the young blonde haired girl calling out to him. “Yeah, I have business in the city. Y’know, I’ve heard the forest is quite dangerous this time of year. Why don’t we go in together?”

She nods. “That’s exactly what I was hoping for!”

The man waits for Lucifer to catch up to him, he notices her striking resemblance to the man he rescued just the other day but decides to stay silent. He just smiles at her and turns back towards the forest.

The two then begin entering Everglade Forest, the Realm of Wailing Souls.

6