20: He has returned
103 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks had passed since Anos's reincarnation. During this time, Rimuru trained Anos to adapt to his new body and synchronize his source. She also taught him some new spells she and Ciel had found in public knowledge.

Now, Rimuru could be seen with Anos in his room, sitting and chatting happily. Suddenly, an owl flew towards them through the window and landed on Rimuru's shoulder, delivering a letter. Rimuru accepted the letter with a smile, patting the owl gently. After reading it, she turned to the owl and said, "We will be there." The owl nodded and departed through the window.

Turning to Anos, Rimuru smiled and said, "Pack your bags. We are going to Midhaze." Anos tilted his head and asked, "Why?"

"Well, kid, we are going to school. Specifically, we are going to the school your descendants created just for you: The Demon King's Academy." Anos nodded. "Well, it's not like I can argue with you," he remarked.

Rimuru continued, "This academy is said to be built for the sole purpose of welcoming their founder, and this generation is very special due to having their founder's reincarnation year. So, this year is called the Generation of Chaos. If you want to be crowned again, you have to enroll in school."

Anos immediately activated <CRUSTO> and began to turn into a teenager. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's show them that their founder has returned."

Rimuru chuckled at his enthusiasm. They both went to see Anos's parents about the news, and as expected, they cried out in joy and were a bit saddened by their departure. But what happened next shocked Rimuru.

Anos turned to Rimuru and asked, "Rimuru, can you do me a favor and make preparations for my parents to come with us, please?" and bowed his head. This shocked Rimuru because Anos, even in his teenage years, didn't ask for anything. Even when he was a powerless kid, he still held his head high in pride. Rimuru smiled brightly at her student's new change and said, "It shall be done." Then, she turned to his parents and said, "You two, pack your bags. You are coming with us, and don't worry about the workshop. I have a spell to shrink it so that we will be able to transport it to Midhaze and set it up when we buy some land." Both parents cried tears of joy and hugged Rimuru and Anos in a group hug. Rimuru just smiled at their antics.

"Hey, Ciel, can you finish the preparations for us?" Rimuru asked mentally.

[Already done, master.]

"As expected. You knew he would ask me for help if it was for his parents," Rimuru thought.

Time skip to the capital of Dilhade, near the Demon King Academy entrance, where a crowd had gathered. Today was the day when a new batch of students could be enrolled in the academy. But not just any batch of students; this year was said to be the year that their founder would reincarnate, so this generation was called the Generation of Chaos.

Among the crowd, two people could be seen getting more attention than the others. Gusta and Izabela were cheering for both Rimuru and Anos, making them the center of attention.

Anos remarked to Rimuru, "Hey, Rimuru, seems like the magic power of demons has diminished a lot."

"Well, it's because they don't train like others during the war days, and they still think that the magic power they have at birth is their limit," Rimuru replied.

"So, how much has peace affected them?" Anos inquired.

"Well, if I have to say, their individual strength is low, but their teamwork is a lot better than those days, and with the magic artifacts they created, they cover their weaknesses," Rimuru explained.

As they were conversing, they heard something interesting nearby. "Come on, Misha, you can do it!" they heard someone say.

Turning to the side, they saw a young girl with pale skin, white hair, and big blue eyes. Her hair was short and messy, but she also had long bangs in the front.

Anos approached her and said, "It seems we both are victims of our parents' antics."

She nodded shyly, and Anos continued, "My name is Anos Voldigoad, and this is Rimuru Tempest. So, what is your name?"

Just as she was about to answer, the letter in her hands fell towards the ground. Anos picked it up and saw the name "Misha Necron" on it. "So that's your name," he said.

Misha nodded shyly, and while Anos was flirting, Rimuru was having a serious talk with Ciel. "Ciel, doesn't her magical aura feel similar to Militia's?"

[It is highly likely that she has half of her soul, master.]

"Hmm, but why is her soul fading?" Rimuru wondered.

[A spell has been used to disturb the merging of sources. It is highly likely that this spell is used to fuse two new sources to create a new one.]

"So if we destroy this spell, can't we let her source merge with its existing half?" Rimuru questioned.

[No, master. For this spell to work, it is necessary to have two people with the same condition of having only one half of a god's soul, or it should be two souls with the same wavelengths, which is rare in this world.]

"So you are telling me that Misha's other half also has a god's soul?" Rimuru realized.

[Yes, master.]

"Now that is interesting," Rimuru thought. "Ciel, analyze Misha's soul and source and find the differences between hers and Militia's. If my hypothesis is correct, Misha is actually the reincarnation of Militia."

[Yes, master. Analysis beginning.... 30% complete.... 50%.... Analysis complete.... Searching for differences with Militia.... Complete.... 70% similarities can be found.]

"Hmm, so it is likely that her soul mutated after being forcibly kept apart," Rimuru deduced.

[Master, I advise you to search her other half in my analysis. I found two different energy signatures keeping the spell that divides her soul: one is a demon elder mana signature, and the other is a god signature.]

Rimuru scowled. "So those guys are behind this. If I had to guess, they thought of using two gods to create an ultimate god to kill Anos. Ciel, use <Fate Eraser> to destroy Misha's fate."

[Yes, master.]

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu

2