21: Descendents
133 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sounds of chains breaking could be heard, and both Arnos and Misha stopped in their tracks. While Misha appeared confused, Arnos turned to Rimuru for answers. Rimuru simply looked at him and shook her head, leaving Arnos to shrug his shoulders in response. Although Rimuru seemed calm on the outside, internally, she was far from it.

Rimuru's POV:
"Ciel, why did I hear her destiny just break? Weren't you supposed to just erase her fate of disappearing?" [Master, it seems her destiny is intertwined with her fate of becoming the one to fade.]

While fate refers to a concept that everyone is meant to do, destiny represents the duty a person should fulfill from their birth. Fate can be challenged and denied, but destiny is meant to be fulfilled. When fate and destiny are intertwined, it indicates manipulation by a third party.

"We know a god is involved because of the energy signature, but how could they manipulate fate, much less destiny?" [Master, more information is needed to answer that.]

"Ciel, during the exam, try to find more information."

"Aha, coming to the entrance ceremony with your parents. Since when was this a playground for children?"

Hmm, it seems we have our first third-rate villain here.

Third-person POV:
A young man with darker skin and lighter hair, wearing multiple earrings, haughtily looked at Misha, Arnos, and Rimuru. Some background murmurs suggested that they were in trouble now that they had been marked by him.

The group taunting them did nothing as they walked past the arrogant individual. Enraged, he turned around and shouted, "Hey, you, wait a second! I'm talking to you!"

Arnos and Rimuru held a brief eye contact, and with that, they silently agreed that Rimuru would handle the situation. Arnos then turned to the arrogant individual and displayed his usual arrogant smile, saying, "My bad, your magic power was so small that I didn't notice you."

Arnos's POV:
In front of me stood the nostalgic main gate of my castle, still alive and well after 2000 years. But my nostalgia was interrupted by my parents' embarrassing behavior. Maybe letting them come here was a mistake, but their happy smiles made my suffering worth it. And having a comrade like Misha, who seemed to endure the same fate as me, also helped.

As we were about to enter the school, one of the boys started to pick a fight with us, mainly with me. So, as usual, Rimuru left me to deal with it. Since you are my descendant, I shall give you some guidance.

"My bad, your magic power was so small that I didn't notice you."

Well, that's not wrong, considering his low magical energy for a demon.

"Wha... what? How dare you! Do you know who I am?"

"No, are you famous? I'm Anos Voldigoad."

Zepes: "Hey, you should apologize now. This is your chance."

Zepes turned his merciless gaze and clenched his fists, summoning a pitch-black flame known as <Gresda>.

"What the hell is that mana manipulation? Even I am speechless about this display. I am even doubting whether he is one of my descendants or just not good with magic. Now I pity him."

Anos: *exhales, and the flames disappear*

Zepes: "How... how did you...!?"

Anos: "What, surprised? I just blew your match with my breath."

Zepes: "What? How dare you! This level of disrespect! Don't think I'll let you live. I will kill you."

Argh, what a pain. Now, how should I deal with him?

Just as I was considering my options, Rimuru spoke.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu

3