28:Out of the Norm
160 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a defining silence. Rimuru’s mind went blank for a moment, unable to process what just happened. But quickly, he got to his senses and activated <Thought Acceleration> to the maximum limit and started to argue with Ciel.

“Ciel, what the hell did you do that for? Didn’t I tell you that I don’t want any unnecessary trouble by gaining more attention? And now you go around telling people my magic power is infinite, which is true, but that’s not the point! Now, you tell me, why did you do that?” shouted Rimuru, panicking about what to do.

[Master, you said you wouldn’t want to get any attention without a valid reason], said Ciel without any concern.

“Oh, so do tell me the valid reason you thought of,” Rimuru asked in a calm voice, too calm if you ask me.

[Tsk], said Ciel, realizing her master didn’t drop the matter at hand.

“Now, don’t tsk me, Ciel. Tell me the real reason you made me the center of attention,” asked Rimuru again.

[I want master to look cool], said Ciel dejectedly.

Rimuru sighed at this. Even after all these years, she still couldn’t understand Ciel’s dedication to making her look cool in various ways. The game where they served in maid outfits was also her idea. At that time, Rimuru agreed to it since Ciel used one of the many favors she owed Rimuru to make him agree. ‘Still, how in the hell did wearing a maid outfit seem as being cool,’ wondered Rimuru.

“Fine, I will let this slide for now,” said Rimuru dejectedly. She could already see Ciel doing a gut pose in the back of her mind.

Sighing again, she braced herself for the impending storm with these magic power results and deactivated her <Thought Acceleration>.

The silence was broken by a student questioning, “Excuse me, but what does that symbol say?”

To this, everyone looked at the owl, who was also the judge, for an answer. Unfortunately, that was a futile attempt because, “Error,” the owl said. The owl was a familiar, which was not an option, as it was only made to follow certain instructions like an AI would. Though it wouldn’t make any difference even if they contacted the master of this owl.

[Tsk, I miscalculated a little. It appears that this universe does not know this infinity sign], Ciel admitted.

Although Rimuru’s face didn’t change, she was now dancing around internally due to two reasons. One being she didn’t get more unnecessary attention, and lastly, she was able to see Ciel’s face of regret when all her plans she made were all blown away due to one miscalculation.

Seeing that they wouldn’t get an answer, all the people decided to hold back their curiosity. And Rimuru went away, letting the next person, and last, Anos, enter for his turn.

After Rimuru left, Anos went near the crystal to start his exam. He touched the magic crystal. This was his first experience of having his magic power measured. “I wonder what it will be? Perhaps it will exceed a hundred million? If that’s the case, then the people of this age have severely dulled. With this, they should understand that I am the founder, right, since in the mythical era, I was the one with the most magic power.”

[0]

As the owl spoke, a noise rang out, and the crystal broke into pieces.

“The measurements have finished. Please proceed to the aptitude tests.”

‘I think the crystal wasn’t the only one that was broken,’ Anos thought dryly.

After the owl’s announcement, the people began to head towards the next and last test for them to be enrolled in the Demon King Academy: the Demon King Aptitude Test.

While everyone is going, three people were staying and having various expressions, well, mostly two, since Misha still had no expression on her pretty face.

Anos looked like he was told that his whole life was a lie, while Rimuru was trying hard not to laugh out loud. After struggling for four minutes, she couldn’t contain herself anymore and laughed out loud, almost rolling on the ground. Anos snapped at this, almost wanting to battle Rimuru to the death by summoning his sword, but stopped after remembering that he couldn’t even scratch her. Sighing, he tried to calm down his mind and ignore Rimuru for his own mental health.

After Rimuru seemed to calm down, Anos turned to the owl that was still there and said, “I know I’m the one saying it, but I think 0 is impossible since that would mean I can’t use magic at all…”

“The measurements have finished. Please proceed to the aptitude test,” said the owl without even missing a beat.

“*Tsk* This useless familiar,” grumbled Anos.

“The familiar is just obeying orders,” Misha said to him.

“Well, I guess so,” said Anos dejectedly. He then felt someone looking at him. He turned to the source and saw Misha staring at him.

“What’s wrong?” inquired Anos.

“…….First time I’ve seen it……..” Misha said, astonished.

“What?”

“Where the magic power is so strong the crystal broke,” continued Misha.

“Oh,” Rimuru looked at Misha, intrigued. She internally thought, ‘her demonic eyes are very powerful for her to see that Anos magic power completely destroyed the crystal due to its destructive property.’

Anos also used his demon eyes on the broken crystal fragments. After analyzing its structure, he found that it seems that the crystal enlarges in response to the power of the person touching it. The volume that it has enlarged by is then measured and converted into a numerical value. He exceeded its limit, causing an intense magic reaction also due to the property of his magic power, the crystal shattered.

“Though it is a convenient thing, it’s not possible to use it to measure my power,” said Anos, grumbling.

“It’s not 0. The decision should have been immeasurable. But since that owl doesn’t care, you are stuck as 0,” said Rimuru, chuckling.

Misha nodded but said, “But breaking the crystal just with magic power is impossible.”

“Why?” asked Anos.

“The magic crystal does not break,” said Misha.

“It broke,” said Rimuru.

Misha responded in an indifferent tone of voice.

“Anos and Rimuru are out of the norm.”

“Hey, why did I get involved in this?” complained Rimuru.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 If you want to read some advanced chapters go to my Patreon Account.

patreon.com/Nauty_Manu

4