Chp 20: you guys seem close
12 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bella had not expected for him to propose to her even in her wildest dreams, so she thought she heard wrong

"Sorry, what?" She asked again

"I asked you to marry me, bella," james asked again

Bella was startled and then went silent. James started sweating.

'Is she going to refuse again, like all the other times?'

After a long thinking process, bella sighed and asked, "Is this how the hunts propose? Did u even bring a ring?"

James took out a beautiful diamond ring from his jackets inner pocket, which belonged to his mother and raised a brow.

Bella smirked. "On your knee, then."

'Oh, she is giving some queen vibes. Seriously, james, this is not the time to think like that.' He reprimanded himself.

James frowned. "Seriously? You want me to get on my knee here. There will be a huge commotion. "

"Bend a knee" was the sole answer he got.

Suddenly, he got on his knee and asked for the third time, " Marry me."

All the passers-by saw this scene and started gathering around them. Some even started taking photos and videos. Some started shouting, say yes, say yes.

Some young girls started gossiping "Wow the guy is so handsome. I wonder what the girl looks like under that mask. "

"No matter how beautiful she might be, she won't be able to match his handsomeness. He is a real-life prince charming. "

Someone even shouted, "i say yes, marry me, handsome."

Another one replied, " But he is not asking you."

Everyone started laughing at that and then looked at bella waiting for her answer.

Hearing the commotion, bella got flustered. "Alright enough, get up."

"You haven't given me an answer."

"Yes, now get up."

'For goodness sake, people r taking pictures' after hearing bella say yes, the onlookers started clapping.

Suddenly, james grabbed bellas hand startlingly her. He put the ring on her finger, stood up, and kissed her hand, " Thanks, for accepting."

Bella turned red lika a tomato now, but james wasn't done. He suddenly pulled her towards him and hugged her. People began whistling and hooting. 

James whispered in her ear, " On the count of 3 run." "Huh," bella couldn't comprehend what he was saying when he said "3" and started running while holding her hand. ' i m being dragged' then bella strted running as well.

She shouted, " My luggage."

" You have your passport and your id with you, right?"

Bella nodded. " Then forget about other things, buy everything new after going home."

All of a sudden, bella stopped, forcing james to stop as well. " Memories can't be bought, i m going back," 

james grabbed her shoulder "Alright wait here, do you have any face masks left?give it to me."bella took out an extra facemask for james. he wore the mask and took off his jacket, and ran back.

Bella stood there in a daze. She kept looking at her hand, which had a diamond ring on it. 'I am going to marry him, unbelievable' after 15 minutes he came back with her luggage.

"Thank u," bella said courteously when he held her hand again and started walking faster than before.

" damn it, some girls still recognised me,"

Bella understood and followed silently. Aftr coming out of airport james asked " my car is parked a little far do you wanna wait here or walk with me to the car?" 

"i will walk. You can let my hand go now" james smiled and put their hands in his jacket pocket "some people might still recognise us also its getting chilly at night." bella blushed and looked away. 

In the car, both of them were silent for a long time before james asked, "So when is Evelyns surgery?"

"The date hasn't been decided yet."

"The dates not decided? So why were you leaving so early?"

"Mel asked me to go with her. " After that, bella went silent and started thinking about what melissa had told her at the airport.

"Hmmm, you sisters seem to share a close bond," james interrupted her thoughts.

"Yeah, we both understand each other well. Also, she was always there for me in my darkest and hardest days."

2