19 – Shallowglade
7.4k 2 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If it weren't for the orcs, this settlement would appear as any other human town. However, unlike humans where the dregs of society idle away their lives, each orc has a role in their community beginning at the age of twelve. There is no orc left without a job.

Shallowglade is what the residents have named their quaint settlement. Their society is sustained through farming and ranching, supplemented by hunters that help fill additional hungry mouths and occasional trading.

They infrequently trade with other demihumans tribes, but find better luck foraging the bountiful forests. Unfortunately, that has become rather difficult given their recent predicament.

Roga was true to his words when he said there was a personal residence waiting for us. As opposed to the meager tent at the kobold tribe, we have a whole cabin furnished with a bedroom and kitchenette.

Gurk couldn't sit still until I gave him a blowjob to calm him down. I don't blame him. He's quite literally surrounded by orcs no matter where he turns. Even the sight of other goblins coexisting with the orcs didn't assuage his instinctual fear. 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Nyaa!" Rio rubs his head against the door. 

"Coming!"

I open the door to a red-haired woman about my age. She wears a robe fashioned from the pelt of a wolf or bear. In her hands is a large meat pie that rouses Gurk from his hiding place.

"Ellori? I'm Ana, Roga's wife. I wanted to welcome you to Shallowglade with my signature chicken pot pie!"

My first interaction with a human resident of Shallowglade. I shouldn't waste this opportunity. "Oh, you're too kind! Would you like to come in? I'd love to finally talk with another woman."

"It'd be my pleasure!" She says gladly.

I step aside for Ana to come inside. She sets the pie on the table which Gurk slowly creeps up on.

"This little one must be Gurk? Roga told me about your relationship." Ana says coyly, taking a seat.

"...Did he?" I pour her some tea I have brewing in a kettle and slice a portion of the pot pie for each of us. "How long have you known your husband?"

"I know you think we're strange. Why would humans leave the comforts of their own home to live amongst the savage orcs? The ones that live here aren't like that. I met Roga when he saved my father's caravan from an ogre attack seven years ago. To me, it was love at first sight." 

"Do the other women have similar stories?" I ask inquisitively.

"Well, every girl's got their own story. I'm sure mine isn't unique, but I do know we wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"And…" I swallow hard trying to frame my question appropriately. "Having sex with an orc's got to be difficult, right?"

Ana blushes. She takes a bite of the pie, chokes on it, and has to down the tea with it. "I admit it was hard at first. It took a lot of lubricant and a restoration potion. Once I got used to it, it was simply the best sex I've ever had. I don't think I could ever go back to being with a human."

I can't imagine. Even looking at the size of their limp dicks made me woozy. 

"Hey, hey?" She leans over the table and gestures me closer. "If you're interested in orcs, how about a round with my son?"

"Ngh— ?!" I spit out a mouthful of tea. "You're— wait, what… no! I couldn't possibly. I'm not interested at all!"

"Ahaha! It's only a harmless offer!"

"What kind of mother offers someone sex with their son so casually??"

"We do it all the time, it's like a rite of passage for them. Orcs mature by age five before their bodies go through a major growth spurt. The women in Shallowglade offer to take younger orcs' virginity as casually as we give hugs."

"Ehh? That's an incredible tradition you've got going on here."

Ana puffs out her chest. "Teach them young so they're more in control during adulthood. I have proudly slept with twenty young orcs!"

I share in her glory with an awkward laugh. "And… your husband doesn't mind?"

"Nope. He encourages it! My offer still stands, El. In fact, I would be honored if you took my son's virginity!"

El, huh? Ana's incredibly friendly to be giving a nickname to someone she's just met. I do adore her attitude.

"Aha… I'll consider it…" I take a nervous sip of my tea. 

"Oh!" Ana suddenly yelps in surprise as Rio hops onto and nestles into her lap. "Awwww, how cute! Is he yours? I haven't seen a kitten in so long."

"Prrr.... prrr…"

"He's, erm, not actually a cat but a familiar." I watch on with jealousy. Rio never displays affection like that to me. "I actually wanted to ask regarding my coming here. Are the recent attacks really threatening your livelihoods?"

"They are. My best friend, Liz, was one of the latest kidnap victims when a group of centaurs attacked." Her cheerful demeanor quickly becomes somber.

"Shallowglade seems really well-protected. For centaurs to launch an offensive against the spiked wall outside is rather reckless."

"We can't stay cooped within the walls forever. Trading and foraging is vital to this settlement's survival. Parthun isn't exactly fond of orcs either, so we can't go to them for help." Ana grabs my hands and looks me right in the eye. "You have no idea how much your help means to us. To me!"

My heart fills to the brim with joy hearing her say that. Once again, just like the villagers of Durai, I'm being depended on. They look to me for help, because in this very moment I'm the only one who can.

This. This is why I chose to become a witch. So I can help people in need like the heroes of old. Like Headmaster Anora in her prime.

I give her hands a gentle squeeze to reassure her. "I'll do everything I can. I promised Roga, Luugen, and Fergus before I came that I would. And I promise you now, I'll find Liz and discover a way to protect Shallowglade."

"Ellori…!" Tears well around the corners of her eyes, but her relief is cut short by the sound of a bellowing horn.

"What's that? What's going on?"

"It's happening again." She stammers, her hands tremble in my grasp. "We're under attack."

73