Alpha-1
374 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Welcome To Light Year Online!!! Please choose your gender then we will assign you a random race, before you will customize your appearance and finally choose your class.]

"Female"

[Okie-Dokie! Your random race is Prototype: A unique race, the prototype of a combat model android that was never put into production due to costs.]

A black haired girl stood in front of a large screen with various different options to customize her appearance, but ignored them all except her name in which she entered in 'Prototype-02 Model Eve' before selecting confirm and getting to choose from a list of simple classes.

Starter Class Options:

Pilot: Fast moving gunner that has experience in flying ships, they also excel in AGI based work.

Guard: The simple Guardsman is equipped with a heavy plasma rifle and secondary plasma pistol, and excels in STR based work.

Medic: Healer, poor combatant but excels in END based jobs and capable of becoming a Combat Medic.

Artificer: Intelligent but fragile and capable of using Cosmic Energies as attacks, excels in INT based work.

Engineer: Allrounder, they specialize in creating weapons and turrets, Excels in DEX based work.

"I'll be an Engineer."

[You have chosen Engineer, Thank you for playing LYO and Welcome to the Universe.]

In a flash of light Eve was teleported to a simple starting planet, her character background having been auto generated beforehand. She would be the only lasting prototype from the Valkyrie class combat androids, and have developed a will of her own, allowing her to escape the lab she was creating in, she now waders the planet of Jin picking up scrap and selling it off, she searches for her original creator desperatly.

Eve generated the backstory using ai just so she wouldn't have to write it herself, and she thinks that it came out well, but she knows some people might have a problem with how simple it is. Picking up her character's backpack, she began moving towards the tutorial NPC, this being her first time playing a full dive MMORPG like this.

She walked with purpose, her artificial eyes glancing at every player around her, observing who her enemies and allies are. As she approached the Tutor of her class, the eyes of the NPC went wide with surprise.

"Why you're a Prototype Missy! I never thought my new student would be a Prototype, but I'm glad my old eyes could see my designs actually moving."

Playing into her character as an Emotionless Prototype, Eve decides to respond appropriately to her character's backstory.

"You are my creator?"

The old Engineer smirked at her response, before he patted her on the back and a special quest was activated.

You have activated a Special Quest: Master Engineer's Fatherly Love

Complete the Tutorial as a Prototype, the tutorial will have extra information due to the quest.

Reward: +1 Level, [Creative Aura] Skill, 1 Equipment Chest.

"Sure am! You can call me Pops if you wish, Now to teach you everything I know!"

"Yes Father."

He chuckled and led Eve to his workshop, showing her every way to build a simple turret, explaining the system to her, handing her her starter weapon and equipment, and even explaining how evolution of species and Classes worked. He did all this in under an hour in game, not that it mattered as Eve was paralyzed from the neck down in real life.

Her time spent in game didn't matter, as she was always connected to this machine, her body having been discarded as soon as consciousness transfer tech was developed, allowing her to live completely in the cyberspace.

In Eve's hands appeared a small chest, and opening it, she received blueprints for a slightly stronger turret than the starter one. She placed the blueprints in her inventory and began her trip through this new universe. Activating her Creative Aura skill, she was capable of seeing the perfect places to place a turret or trap to maximize her lethality.

The Skill worked as an aura around her that only she could see that revealed any and all places that would provide her the best locations for turrets, signaled by a gear shaped mark on the floor. She had also learned to create turrets that could move along side her as she traveled, the only problem being that they were weaker and required ammo unlike the stationary turrets.

She pulled some metal scrap from her common grade scrapper's pack and got to work building her first turret, one of the portable ones as she didn't want to set up shop on this planet, but one that she had seen in the trailers for Light Year Online. Before the accident that caused her paralysis, Eve had been studying engineering, and was planning on working for a large robotics company, but now she could only live her dreams out in this game.

When she finished the turret, it began following close behind Eve like a duckling following its mama, and so Eve decided to name it Waddles. It cutely followed her while making all sorts of chirping and squealing noises, similar to droids from the movie Space Battles.

"So cute! I wonder what else I can build!?"

Suddenly, A scream came from an alleyway, following the sound, Eve found an ordinary android player being harassed by two human players. Rushing towards them, she directed Waddles to shoot at the harassing players, spooking them and causing them to run off. The cursed at the harassed player before leaving, who Eve recognized as an old friend.

"T-Thank you miss... Eve!?"

"Hello June, how have you been?"

The nervous android girl instantly calmed down when she saw Eve, and going by the girl's light armor and small plasma pistol on her waist, she had chosen Pilot as her class.

"I see you're a Pilot, I'm an engineer."

"I can see that Eve, all engineers have the large backpack and at least one portable turret on them at all times."

Eve laughed at that, the two leaving the alleyway with smiles on their faces, and plans to conquer this game world.

11