CH.65
168 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The shapeshifter explained to Johanna that it was indeed possible, but it would require way more magical power and an immense amount of focus, and it would be impossible to heal deeper wounds like in internal organs if you didn't have extensive medical knowledge. It is possible to heal one's own body since you know how it feels and what it needs, but for other beings, it's impossible if you don't know how everything should be.

Johanna understood this and hoped that the mentor had no serious internal wounds, which was unlikely given the way she was treated by the orcs. While thinking that Johanna arrived at the perfect height, or rather, she wasn't able to fly any higher than that, looking down, her heart began to race at a high pace. She normally wasn't scared of heights, but the current high she was at would be scary for the most fearless humans, and she was currently able to fly! At her current altitude, she was even able to see the mountains since she had passed the wall of clouds a few hundred metres down. She now began to doubt herself and this idea since if she missed her target, she could kill the mentor instead, even if she would have been able to save her by killing every orc in the cave. 

Not wanting to fly down the whole way down again, she just decided to fully send it now, slowly beginning to transform into a giant tungsten rod with a radius of approximately 0.5m and a length of 4 m. She wasn't sure if this was enough, but if she did the calculations right, she should have the energy of nearly 7 lightning bolts hitting the floor, which should penetrate deep into the mountain and kill anything within its close proximity, and hopefully not the mentor. 

Johanna noticed that she was accelerating at a rapid speed as she was approaching the earth. She shapeshifted her small fins to her end, making her look like a badly designed missile, with which she tried to hit the mountain at the right angle. At one point in her fall, she suddenly noticed that everything had gotten quieter. Now Johanna had gotten scared, thinking that maybe her life was passing by and that maybe the rod or her would be completely destroyed upon impact. But after a while, she realised that, unlike she thought at first, her life was passing by; she had just barely reached supersonic speed, which made her unable to hear anything anymore. After mentally cheering for a bit, she focused back on her target, but it was already too late. She had gotten so distracted that she had forgotten that she was still falling, and now she was only a few feet away from the ground, making her close her eyes.

She felt the impact all over her tungsten body, and she also noticed it was getting hot quickly—super quickly, to be precise—and it was getting unbearably hot in a matter of milliseconds, making Johanna scream internally. She wasn't even sure how she was still able to feel anything at all, but she couldn't spend her time thinking right now since she had to focus on calming down. After a while of enduring ultimately harsh pain, it slowly began to cool down, making Johanna able to open her eyes again, but the only thing she could see was a red, hot, and glowing rock everywhere. She wanted to be sure to be safe before turning back into a human, so she decided it would be best to wait a little longer.

After what felt like an eternity, she was confident enough to turn herself back into a human, which she did and immediately regretted. Just because the stone was no longer glowing didn't mean it had cooled off, but it was too late now, so Johanna rushed out of the hole she had created, hoping she would make it out without any serious problems. Once she arrived at the surface, which she penetrated, she was freshened up by the cool air, making her calm down and focus back on her mission. Since she no longer had a chance to navigate through the orc cave, she decided it would be best to go back to the window where she first spotted the mentor. 

Walking around the mountain, she realised what heavy destruction she had caused to her surroundings; every hole, be it a door or a window to the orc cave, was blasted open or melted away. Now Johanna had to worry about the well-being of the mentor since she didn't expect to have this big of an impact and kill off this many orcs. Once she arrived back at the window, she luckily spotted the even more shook mentor, who was looking through the bars of her cell door.

"Hello there."

5