CH.77
116 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Johanna was so sure that the next attack would land since she already noticed her claws making contact with the rabbit, but once she was ready to celebrate her victory, she got a little reality check. It wasn't the rabbit that was guided into a path he couldn't escape; it was her, her stupid self. Even though Johannas focused 99 percent on the rabbit, the last one percent noticed a shadow, which made her look up. She tried her best to dodge the net that was thrown into her path, but was unable to do so since it moved at a rapid pace. 

Not knowing what else to do, Johanna just braced for the impact, shifting her wings thinner and her bones denser. She decreased her overall size so that she could maybe fit through the gaps in the net, but once she was hit with the net, she was unable to crawl out of the net. She was now pummeling down at the ground, and even though she wasn't flying very high, she was still injured by the harsh impact. Johanna just laid down for a second, knowing that she wouldn't be able to break out of the net, focusing instead on healing up her wounds. Since she was probably captured by a civilised species, she didn't worry about getting out of the net. 

She was still curious about who the perpetrator of this surprise attack could have been, since the rabbit was probably an accomplice of whoever caught her. Johanna could hear some footsteps getting closer and closer to her, but they were unexpectedly quiet, so her first thought was that it maybe was an assasin or a professional hunter, but what she definitely didn't expect to see was a boy, appearing to be no older than 12 years old, with bright yellow eyes and hair as dark as the night; he had a cheeky smile on his face and looked proud of his achievement. Taking a closer look at him, he seems like a rather poor fellow, with ragged clothes and dirt all over his body. As the boy stepped closer, he picked up the rabbit and petted it on the head. The boy petted the rabbit a bit longer, until he started walking over to her again. Once he stood right before Johanna, he dropped down on his knees. To take a closer look at her, she noticed that he had two small bumps on his head, which looked a little bit like two horns, and now that she thought of it, they looked a lot like still developing dragon horns.

"Now look at that, Puffy! This bird is a fat one."

If Johanna could, she would raise her eyebrows now, but she didn't mind this insult since he still assumed she was a regular bird. But Johanna already decided that she didn't want to wait long to ruin his dinner plans.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but could you please hold back on eating me?"

The boy looked around very confused at the words that she telepathically transported into him.

"Im down here, the bird; could you please be so friendly and remove the net off of me? It is pretty heavy."

"The bird?"

"Yes, the bird."

"Wha-, Ohh the bird, wait, how is that possible?"

"I will explain it to you soon, but first, could you remove the net?"

"Ms. Bird Im sorry, but Im hungry, so I will have to eat you."

Johanna couldn't muster a response to that; the boy just talked to a bird and still wants to eat it. Johanna was surprised by that development, but it made sense since he did, in fact, look very starved.

"How about you free me for a second? I promise I won't escape."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I do."

"Hmmm, okay, fine, I guess."

Johanna was now contemplating if children in this world are generally this idiotic or if this was something unique to dragons only, but she soon gave up on thinking about this as she was freed out of the net by the boy. Now that she was finally free, she decided to surprise the boy a little bit, so she hopped a few hops away from him and returned to her beautiful female appearance. The boy's jaw literally dropped upon her changing her form, and Johanna could see him turn red and blush. Instead of his cheeky smile, the only thing he could do now was look at the floor, expressionless.

"I'm sorry, Ms. I shouldn't have captured you; is there any way I could apologise?"

Johanna couldn't keep a small smirk to herself as she responded to the boy.

"No, not really. I should be the one to apologise to your rabbit and to you for ruining your lunch, but anyway, what are you doing this deep in the forest? and are you by chance a dragon?"

 

4