Shiroi Asagao
643 7 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the life story of an ordinary orphan in Japan, Tokyo.

His name is Shiroi Asagao. 

Asagao is a name that comes from the Ipomea Nil flower, and means Affection and Unity.

The director of the orphanage, whom he treats as his father, told him that a morning glory flower stayed by his side when they found him. Along with the floral name of him.

They also gave him the surname Shiroi (white) because a handkerchief of a beautiful shiny white, almost platinum, was also with him, so it would be something like "White morning glory".

As embarrassingly feminine as it might be, that was her name. Unfortunately for him, that wasn't the only feminine thing about him.

Asagao has a slim build and is a bit tall, with a standing height of 170 cm. Accompanied by such features is her lovely pale skin where, no matter how many times she's tried to get a tan, it only turns reddish... and sore.

The problem is obvious, Asagao looks like a girl and cannot highlight his inner virility because of his feminine appearance. Because of this, he was often teased by her classmates and the children at the orphanage, calling him "Asagao-chan" or "Asagao-Oneechan".

He grew up not knowing his parents or even knowing their names, much less whether they are alive or not. Asagao is an orphan, that's since he is a baby. He was taken care of by the director of the orphanage where he was raised, however, sometimes he couldn't help but think about what it felt like to have a real family. 

The director of the orphanage is a man in his fifties, but he is still healthy and has good muscles from his love of training. 

However, Asagao always asks him out of concern if he's about to have a heart attack from all that physical training, but unfortunately, his answers are not pleasant...

"Director, aren't you tired yet? I'm worried about your health... You're always exercising, I'm getting a little scared because I could literally give you a heart attack..."

"Huh?! What is this I'm hearing from you? You can't even develop proper abs, being as thin and delicate as girls, and you're talking to me about health!?"

"I...I wonder...why do you have to go so far to belittle my muscle training results?"

"It's basically zero, so quit already"

"Ugh..."

Asagao was sure that the director is actually shy and just acts irritable all the time.

…More or less...

All that being said, Asagao is an empathetic person who tends to shy away from most people he doesn't know. He depends on people he only knows, but because of this, he really wasn't bullied or rejected because he controlled his environment well.

However, he feels that when he is in a small gathering, his social skills naturally shine, making his shyness seem like a lie.

It's as if he had another personality established for such an occasion.

There are times when girls call him and ask him how he takes care of his skin or how his hair became so silky. Asagao did not have a single clue and at least hoped that when they called him, it would be for a confession.

Asagao didn't have much interaction with his high school classmates, but he didn't really become an introvert.

He sometimes went out with some of them for various reasons that led him to his momentary rebellion phase, which he was able to get rid of when he entered university.

He is proud to say that he is good at housework, a bit of carpentry and farming because his orphanage also sells some vegetables for extra income. However, such trivial things wouldn't really be of much help.

Asagao applied for a part-time job so she could save for her college expenses. The director insists that he will pay for it, but Asagao felt that she had received too much from him and wanted to take some of the burden off his shoulders.

Since he entered a university, things have gotten busier. Asagao was able to study and do his part-time job and at the same time he was able to help at the orphanage, although he was barely...

Asagao took the psychology course in hopes of understanding people and being more sensitive to other people's feelings. This is also an opportunity to help him get rid of his shyness around strangers and maybe date two or three girls.

Asagao cannot deny that he is a pervert, however, he does not explicitly show it to others. His dream for a long time is to have a harem like in mangas and animes.

One day Asagao was on a cruise ship. He was in great spirit. He was really excited.

Because? He could board this cruise for free and eat free food!

Some of his college classmates wanted him to come on this trip due to a pressing matter regarding a lack of personnel being sent to an island for a group thesis survey.

Since the food and drinks served here are free and delicious, Asagao agreed.

Don't get it wrong, Asagao is a very light eater, but I couldn't get enough of the desserts served there.

This Mille-feuille is delicious. Hey, I was attracted to sweets? Come on! I'm a man, not a girl who loves sweets! Oh, but dessert is an exception!  Asagao thought happily. 

But soon that happiness would disappear when he suddenly heard something similar to what he had heard in action movies...

BAM!

…It was the sound of a gunshot.

Hey....? Shots? Are terrorists attacking? This can not be real!

What are the chances that a terrorist act is being committed now?

High. The possibilities are very high.

Asagao could feel the blood draining from his face as he saw the sight before him. There are several men dressed in civilian clothes, however, they are holding some heavy firearms aimed at the passengers.

He's alone on the deck and he could see what's happening here and they haven't seen him yet. Somehow, Asagao wanted to jump into the ocean, but that was too risky, so he simply looked for a place to hide.

However, it happened that he encountered a terrorist, so he had to fight to live. It's not like he wanted to do that, but he had to do it. Asagao knocked the terrorist to the ground, took his gun and shot him right in the head, the blood forming a river of blood.

How did that happen?

He had hidden in a closet in one of the cabins, but a man searching each room found him. His body moved on its own and he began to fight with the man and, by chance, he was able to grab his gun and shoot him.

Then, Asagao vomited while his face was extremely pale. It was the first time he killed someone. But he didn't have much guilt about that. Maybe because they are terrorists that Asagao didn't think much about it.

No, that's wrong, that's wrong in a sense. Well, Asagao couldn't really say...

It was necessary as it is a life or death situation. He had to pull the trigger to save himself.

Oh?

There are only eight terrorists boarded on the cruise ship.

One down, seven to go. Asagao didn't know if he should be doing this, but he charged at the six remaining terrorists. He guessed that his survival instinct is either in overdrive, or not. He had been feeling a little confused for a while.

Kind of like sometimes he felt like he didn't have control of his own body. He felt that there is someone else inside him, but in reality he never interfered much in his life.

He was about to shoot the leader in the head from behind. Asagao saw some of the hopeful passengers looking at them. That moment, his fate was already sealed. He immediately turned around and...

They shot him...

His vision became blurry and his head was spinning...

The last thing he saw was the crowd pinning down the terrorist leader. Some people were calling him.

It's not right, it's getting blurry, I feel cold. A sharp pain throbs in my gut...I hate this.

Asagao hated pain. He didn't want it. Since he was young, his fear of pain makes it difficult for him to play with children his age.

However, even with this hot, throbbing hole in his body, even with his consciousness blurred due to blood loss...It's just...

What's more painful is that he still hasn't repaid the former director for all his kindness. He still hasn't given his words of gratitude to everyone he knew and hasn't even had the slightest idea who his parents were.

He could only blame himself for being shy. 

I hate this. It is painful.....

His consciousness is fading. She felt something wet her face...

It was his blood.

I hate this

I hate the pain

Everything went blank as he succumbed to death. And that's how Shiroi Asagao's life ended.

Or it should be like that, but...

11