A game, or reality? Part 2
246 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Npc? What is that?>

Priscilla asked with bewilderment in her voice, and Ichirou almost staggered.

He was very surprised.

It should be known that the way to tell if a character in the world of [Limitless Sky online] was a player or Npc was if they used game terms. This is because NPCs didn't react to words like 'PvP', 'PvE', 'Npc', etc. at all.

They weren't even aware that they couldn't really die!

However, Priscilla here had just reacted to the previously ignored word as Npc, which was disconcerting. To try to prove to himself that it wasn't some weird coincidence, Ichirou asked a mental question.

Umm…. Priscilla-san, do you know what PvP, DD or Status Window are?

<No? What are all these strange terms you're making up?> The curiosity and sense of strangeness was evident from his tone, and Ichirou suddenly felt as if the world around him became stranger than it already was. 

Sure enough, Priscilla could now correctly register terms that an NPC should originally ignore.

....Which means that Priscilla had actually materialized into this new world along with them.

No…it's not entirely safe…. Perhaps this is the work of an illegal experiment to test virtual reality capsules by [Nova]….if that makes sense.

<Ichirou-sama? Why don't you answer me?>

The Ex-Npc threw an exasperated question at him, making Ichirou realize that she couldn't hear what he was thinking if she didn't want her thoughts to be heard; something contrary to her when she didn't know such a thing was possible. 

It was a rather convenient weakness since he didn't want his head to be actively read.

Now that he thought about it, one of Priscilla's abilities in the game was [Telepathy], a psychic ability that she used to more effectively command soldiers and maids, as well as communicate with Ichirou and the others in the game.

However, when it was all the game Ichirou was familiar with, telepathy was simply a voice that played in his surround headphones with a radio-like tone to differentiate it from normal chat, or if you didn't like that, you could choose that manifested itself as text messages.

It certainly wasn't something that resonated directly in people's minds, as if it were a close voice and at the same time, it wasn't. It felt similar to a thought, but that you could differentiate as something that came from another source.

It was mysterious and truly magical.

It's nothing important, Priscilla...I was just confirming something...

<…Okay, well…I simply wanted to confirm that contacting them was possible in this strange world. Something seems to be interfering with my telepathy when I use it on others. Obviously it is not because there is some Conceptual Law that I blocked the use of telepathy, since I can talk to you, Ichirou-sama. However, that in itself indicates that there is a fundamental difference in the natural laws of this world that causes this problem>

…. could be

Hearing his theories, Ichirou frowned as he answered him. It was true that in LSO the different worlds visited voluntarily or accidentally by players could have different laws that made it impossible to use certain abilities.

In Lore, the so-called “Conceptual Laws” were rules created by powerful beings almost comparable to gods. They were called Transcendents, and many of them controlled entire worlds with unique rules that they themselves created.

However, in the present day (of the game) the vast majority of the Transcendents had died, leaving behind incredible legacies to be inherited by powerful adventurers who pass their trials. Of course, there were also unowned worlds with weaker civilizations than the main LSO world.

Thinking about it, was this world one of the many undiscovered worlds in the game? Were they summoned by natives from a magical real world or is it a strange combination of the two?

Ichirou's head hurt; he was unable to understand it. Instead, he decided to follow his next course of action.

For now, I guess we can first listen to what these people have to say about why they summoned us, right? After understanding their motives and seeing that they are not trying to force us to do their bidding or something, we could reach an agreement where they allow us to return to our world in exchange for our help.

<That sounds good, I was thinking of something similar. And also, it is quite fortunate that these indigenous people are advanced enough in Magic to write runic components in their Invocation ritual that allowed us communication regardless of language. Otherwise, communications between both parties would be impossible without studying their native language>

Now that you mention it….

Ichirou put on a bitter smile. He hadn't realized it since he was used to fluid communication between two players from different countries thanks to the game's translation engine, but if you think about it, it was abnormal from the beginning that he could understand what Cardinal Lampard was saying.

When he reviewed his memories, the man never actually spoke Japanese; All this time he spoke in a foreign language that he did not know, the meaning of which magically came to his head. He found it baffling, since the native NPCs of LSO's other worlds usually had their own unique languages ​​that the system was not so generous to translate without linguistic skills.

In fact, even in the main game world there were hidden races with their own complex and realistic languages ​​that had to be studied early on in order to communicate with them...if they weren't hostile to the other races, that is.

And yet, here he was perfectly understanding a language that, by all rights, should sound like gibberish to him. Not even the other party being a human should explain it, beyond the Magic he demonstrated.

Ichirou, in the end, decided not to think about it too much. After receiving Priscilla's message that they would talk to the others later, Ichirou's mind was finally left solely with his thoughts. Although of course, he didn't trust that.

After a while, the group of players with heroic titles and an Elder Priest broke through the clouds and could see the ground where there was a large medieval city. A huge palace was built on a large mountain, and the city was built around it.

That was the capital of the Holy Empire of Astta.

Lambard seemed very focused on the walk to the capital, as he seemed to personally control the magic circle, or perhaps he simply provided it with continuous energy for its operation. The rest remained silent either to avoid disturbing him or simply because they didn't want to talk.

To distract himself, Ichirou watched the city get closer and closer.

The appearance of the houses and buildings in the capital had a medieval style similar to that of the Midas Continent. Ichirou could also see that the city was strictly divided into three districts: the upper class, middle class, and lower class.

The upper-class district was filled with luxurious mansions of beautiful design, and he could faintly see carriages traveling the streets. Possibly, many of the people who walked there were high-ranking nobles and rich merchants with great economic influence.

The middle class district, on the other hand, would be for the lower nobles, relatively well-off merchants, and lucky men who gained some wealth through sheer fortune. The reason why Ichirou was sure that the district had such a distribution of people is because of the beautiful buildings that; Although not as large or elegant as those in the upper-class district, they were still far above what ordinary commoners could afford.

In addition, this way of doing things was common in the countries of the Midas continent.

Finally, there was the lower class district. There, the buildings had a cheaper design than those in the other districts but; If he were to be honest, it far surpassed the quality of the lower-class districts he helped improve in the past. He couldn't be sure, but there didn't seem to be many shoddy buildings even in the commoners-only district.

There didn't even seem to be any slums, or if there were, they were very rare and I just couldn't see them.

Actually, Ichirou was quite surprised that he could observe all of this so accurately. How on earth could he also look at the city below at this distance, as if he were using binoculars?

Was it because he had high stats? Will your high perception be doing the job?

Come to think of it, can I even use the status window?

Being careful that Priscilla heard his thoughts, Ichirou decided to test if he could use his character's status window. Whether or not he could do that…. could increase or decrease the chance of this world being part of the game.

Taking a deep breath, Ichirou decided to test it with a mental command, setting both the intention that his thoughts not be read while at the same time expressing with his will the desire to review his personal information, just in case.

Character Status: Ichirou

LSO was a game where the player had to use his own nickname to check his status. At the same time, if you knew the name of other characters, it was possible to look at some of their information if their level was higher than the target. It doesn't mean that you couldn't see anything if you were low level, but there would be nothing but simple and insignificant details.

The moment Ichirou decided to use that function on himself…..

〖Warning! Midas server not located! The IP address of other [Limitless Sky Online] servers is not detected! Contacting the GM…..Warning, contacting the GM failed! Network disconnection detected!〗

〖In order to use the Status Window for the character: Ichirou offline, the player must connect to the local server.〗

〖 Do you want to proceed? 

【Yes】

【No 】

Ichirou blinked, surprised, at the sight before him. As he had anticipated in the background, holographic windows appeared in his vision; but most of them were far from those he was used to.

When you planned to travel to different LSO continents, the system immediately connected you to the server on which the destination continent was located since, as far as I understood anyway, you couldn't play on other continents without it.

It was the first time I saw that the system did not do precisely that.

By the way, the other small worlds were also hosted on their own small servers. However, Ichirou had never seen any of them be referred to as local servers. They were always, and he reaffirms, always named servants who belonged to [Lumière éternelle].

I couldn't say exactly what all this means. Was he in a completely different reality, Or were their avatars transferred by some incredible mistake to an experimental server or someone else and their minds came with extras?

It was certainly a mistake that caused the situation...However, Ichirou and the others had no way of knowing.

Who could even guess that out of inexperience in learning new magic, some high-ranking priests would create a lazy spell that used shortcuts to fulfill its function?

On the other hand, the overlapping of two different universes caused some pretty interesting reality glitches that will cause certain events later on. Although that is a thing of the distant/near future.

Well, what should Ichirou choose right now?

That, obviously is 【YES】. 

〖Starting search for local servers for connection... 〗

〖MISTAKE... 〗

〖System prompt! 

〖Local server search completed. Showing list of local servers…. 

〖LOCAL SERVER(S) FOUND: 1 LOCAL SERVER(S)〗

〖Open connection to local server [Yggdrasil] Error... Relative reality lactation error detected... The difference between the reality vector of Character: Ichirou and the current reality vector is >4.855 with one standard deviation. The interference of vacuum particles in the adaptation of relative reality lactation is detected. Please start the dispersion of the void particles to start restarting the connection to resolve the error. Clause. Error code: ⺖⺌⺉⺋ . 

〖In order for the player to properly connect to the server, they will need to find a means to disperse the void particles in order to adapt their reality latency relative to the local server [Yggdrasil] Warning! This will merge it with the local reality causality vector after starting the connection. Once this happens, it will be difficult to restart a connection with another server and switch reality vectors again〗

Ichirou was honestly very surprised by all these strange messages.

Relative reality lactation? Local reality vector? Void Particles? Yggdrasil server!?

What is all this!?

What do you mean it would be more difficult to disconnect from the reality vector when connecting to the local server? Does that mean he won't be able to return to earth easily?

And how to disperse those supposed vacuum particles?

Ichirou was not a scientist; He didn't understand any of that. The only thing he knew was that he couldn't even use the most basic function of the game system thanks to some mysterious particles of the quantum vacuum or something.

He wanted to try other things, but decided to postpone it later when he noticed that he had no time to daydream, as the pedestal led them to the roof of a magnificent tower that was connected to the imperial palace.

As they looked at the capital, his mind becoming more complicated, Ichirou suppressed the uneasiness he felt in his heart.

What will become of us?

9