Chapter 32 Bloody Dedication Day
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

    "Dr. Jack and the others who were killed cannot die in vain. Everything begins now! Next... I will secretly recruit my own team - the new resistance alliance!

 

     Alan told everyone with firm eyes the important step he would take next.

 

      "Okay! I support you! Anyway, there is no way out now. Defeat the bad guy Ethan and avenge Jack!!"

 

       Kelly, the usually gentle and taciturn mother, seems to have started to change after going through these things, and she took the initiative to reach out to express solidarity.

 

        This made Alan look touched and put his hand up, saying "Thank you..." to his mother Kelly.

 

      "Me too...."

 

        Even the 13-year-old little Emma, ​​who is usually shy and reticent, reached out her hand without fear, which made Alan feel encouraged. Even Phillip and Kirby came over at some point and stretched out their mechanical arms and tentacles to touch them.

 

       Although Ethan is so powerful, even after finishing Ethan, he still has to fight against a more powerful group of zombies, and he doesn't even have a foothold yet... However, this moment where the family is so close to each other makes him feel unafraid. More possibilities.......

 

       The most important thing is that Alan has entered the world of super powers, which is no longer impossible.

 

   Alan is a determined watcher of all

 

   "OK...at this moment, I announce that the resistance team has been established!!"

 

__________________________________________

 

   The first thing to do when setting up the anti-Ethan team is to recruit troops.

 

  Of course, the first place Allen found was Bud. 

 

    " Oh shit! What did I watch? Alan, do you really have super powers?!"

 

      This was Bard's first reaction when he saw Alan jump more than ten meters, and then a strange robot handed him coffee freely.

 

     Alan pretended to be serious and put his hand on the stunned Bard's shoulder and said:

 

     "Bro, I gotta tell you something."

 

      Alan spent twenty minutes telling Bud about everything from meeting Dr. Jack to getting acquainted with Hannah to the anti-Ethan operation to everyone being killed, and then the death of Dr. Jack...

 

      "Well, Alan...you didn't tell me all the things that happened...you're going too far! Do you treat me as a burden?"

 

       After hearing everything that happened, Bud complained deliberately and unwillingly.

 

      " I just don't want to drag you into the water. Do you want to be killed by Ethan too?"

 

       Bud couldn't refute after hearing this. It did make sense when he thought about it. Maybe it was right not to tell him?

 

       Alan went on to say:

 

      "But I need you now. If I want to bring down Ethan, it’s not enough for me to have super powers. I need your intelligence and strategy to defeat this bad guy, okay?"

 

       Although Bud was still a little angry, being praised still helped.

 

     "My ingenuity? OK, I'm in! Tell me, what's next?”

 

      Pretending to be angry, it seems that Bud is just telling the truth. He has been waiting for a long time for the opportunity to show his talents.

 

       Alan was waiting for Bud's words and told him:

 

      "The first step is to gather a few people who are qualified to possess superpowers to form a team."

 

       Bud thought for a moment, then said hesitantly:

 

      "I know how to find someone, but it will have to wait until after tomorrow…”

 

       Alan asked doubtfully:

 

      "Why spend tomorrow? What big day is tomorrow?"

 

       Bud looked at Alan seriously.

 

     "Looks like you still don't know, that's what Ethan has been going through every month since he came to power...!"

       

    

_____________________________________

      The inner city streets of Atlanta are usually lively during the day, with people coming and going, but today is completely different. The streets are full of people today. They have to stand close to each other. There is no smile on their faces and they are even a little scared. Because that day has come again today...

 

        That is – Dedication Day.

 

       Since the commander, Major Hank, was hit hard and stopped caring about everything, Ethan took over the entire National Guard as captain. This was also the beginning of the suffering for the residents of Atlanta.

 

      Ethan stipulated that on the first day of every month, each household must pay a "protection fee" as the price of living in the city.

      On that day, a large number of guards will be dispatched with live ammunition, driving large trucks along the street to collect various supplies from residents, such as wheat, rice, food, and even their own goods, and even valuable gold and silver jewelry...

 

       Any family that fails to hand over the "protection money" will be punished by being beaten lightly. If they are unlucky enough to meet some of Ethan's direct subordinates, women will even be dragged to compensate with their bodies...

 

     "Sir... please... we really have nothing to offer..."

 

       A couple who supported their son and daughter by setting up a stall and selling handicrafts were begging bitterly to a certain guard member who was collecting donations from them.

     

        The couple couldn't offer anything because of poor business. Even if they presented the handicrafts they had worked so hard to weave, it would be very difficult for the guard...

 

        This guard named John was very kind. He couldn't bear to see the couple begging and wanted to help them hide it.

 

        When John accepted the handicraft and wanted to let the couple go silently, a hand reached out from nowhere and slowly picked up the handicraft.

 

      "You have nothing to offer... How dare you live in Atlanta?"

 

        Unfortunately, John and his wife's transaction was caught by Ethan.

 

        John thought to himself that he was caught anyway and wanted to be a good person, so he boldly begged Ethan for mercy.

 

       " Captain...this couple is really having a hard time...can you please be accommodating?..."

 

        Ethan put his hand on John's shoulder with his signature weird, psychotic smile and asked:

 

      "Your are John, right? Tell me, what's the difference between killing zombies and killing people?"

 

    This question made John unable to answer for a moment, and he muttered 

 

   "I don't know...",

 

    but before he could answer, Ethan decisively pulled out a bayonet and slit the couple's throats at a speed that was too fast to be seen.

 

        The couple fell to the ground and died. At this scene, residents queuing up the whole street saw Ethan killing someone without any humanity, and there was a sudden burst of panic.

 

        John was stunned and blamed himself...

 

        I saw Ethan put his hand on John's shoulder without changing his expression and said:

 

      "The blood of zombies is black, and the blood of humans is red. This is the difference. Do you understand?"

 

       John stared at the couple killed by Ethan with his eyes wide open in disbelief, and shed tears of guilt...

 

        On the contrary, the cold-blooded Ethan just picked up the microphone and broadcast over the radio:

 

   " Dear citizens, there is a price to be paid for being protected in this cruel world. I have given you a safe life in this city. It is not too much to ask you to hand over something every month, right? So starting from next month, donations double. Don't try to resist. You have seen the consequences and can't hand it over. Let me think about it... Then just drive out of the city."

 

       After speaking, Ethan left arrogantly, leaving behind a frightening atmosphere of pressure and despair that spread throughout the city of Atlanta.

 

       After a while, big drops of water fell down, and it started to rain. God seemed to be crying for the poor couple who died in vain. Until the guards collected the donations and retired, John was still stunned in place, until the couple's children listened. When the news came, I lay down on the bodies of my parents lying in a pool of blood and cried bitterly...

 

    "Who on earth can defeat such a demon?"

 

    "John looked at the siblings speechlessly in the rain…..

 

__________________________________________

 

        In the dark night of this unpleasant day of dedication, the residents of Atlanta were unwilling to stay on the streets, and every household was worried about doubling their offerings. But quietly, a van drove silently into the street.

 

       It goes without saying that the car's unique Hello Kitty paint job shows that there are four people in the car: Ellen, Bud, mother Kelly and sister Emma. The car stopped slowly, and they gathered around and looked at each other.

 

       After Alan confirmed that everyone had brought their own equipment that would be used later, he looked at everyone with serious expressions and said:

 

      "Be careful everyone, the mission begins!"

0