Chapter 38 Selected Weird Team
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The abandoned large indoor sports ground was quickly transformed into a comprehensive training ground with obstacle courses, mazes and puzzles after being designed and transformed by the robot Philip.

 

      "Ugh!!

 

      " "It's so distressing..."

 

      "I want to cry..." 

 

       "Oh my god! It's so difficult!"

      

       The trial continued with constant wailing.

 

      The first level is a trial of climbing up and down obstacles repeatedly, which tests the physical strength of the subjects and makes a bunch of subjects wail continuously. If there is background music at this moment, it must be passionate rock music.

 

      You can see this scene because Alan announced to these recruited people earlier:

 

   I will select a few people through recruitment and give them superpowers. "

 

        Hearing this, these recruiters, who were originally less interested, could not calmly rush for the trial.

        

 

         At this moment, the situation of climbing the obstacle in the first level was as tragic as a chicken and a dog jumping around. Alan and his group on the observation deck at the commanding heights were sweating coldly. Bard nervously asked the robot Philip.

 

     Philip...are these levels too difficult? Is it so difficult for anyone to pass?

 

      The robot Philip spread out his mechanical arms confidently and pointed at each level and said:

 

       "No, I have calculated the difficulty! This is according to your instructions. The first obstacle course tests physical strength, the second level maze tests concentration, the third level puzzle solving tests wisdom, and the fourth level parkour tests courage. These tests are respectively You can test each person's different potentials, and you can observe who is qualified to have super powers. This is the point, right master?"

      Everyone looked at Alan, and saw Alan looking at everyone in the trial field intently while responding calmly:

 

     "That's right... let's wait and see."

        

     As the trial progressed, unexpectedly, there were several people in the trial who were very different from others, which attracted Alan's attention.

 

      First of all, in the first level of the obstacle course, there was a woman who climbed all the obstacles easily and faster than anyone else. Although her expression was extremely...reluctant, as if coming to the trial had lowered her spirits. Stylish.

 

       When we came to the second level of the maze trial, when other subjects collapsed and wailed in the maze because they could not find the exit, there was also a pair of siblings who calmly led the others out of the maze, even though they looked like More helpless than others.

 

      Next comes the third level of problem-solving test. Just when everyone is racking their brains and unable to figure out the mathematical answer, another frail young man stands up and silently solves one problem after another, minding his own business. It was as if he was the only one in his world.

 

       Even in the final parkour trial of the fourth level, in which the subjects had to step over two-story wooden stakes, an inconspicuous and dirty uncle also appeared. In order to save a girl who almost fell, he would rather let himself go. Even if you fall, you have to rescue him.

   

        Alan noticed all these strange people quietly.

 

   

        "The trial is over!!"

 

       Soon, this trial of hundreds of people finally ended. All the recruited people were taken away by the robot Phillip, Kelly, and Emma to find a place to settle. They were the ones left in front of Alan and Bud. "5 carefully selected people.

 

        They are:

 

       Lisa, the rich and wealthy daughter who rebelled and ran away from home, 

 

      ]Qin and her younger brother Mark, 

 

      whose parents were killed by Ethan on the street,

 

     Dylan, a genius and lonely boy with autism, and Paul, a city drain cleaner.

 

       Bud was dumbfounded by these choices. Especially Lisa, who was dressed in a cool outfit and looked disgusted with other people, playing with her nails very impatiently, Qin guarding her younger brother Mark like a hen, and Dylan standing alone with a book. While watching, he didn’t seem to want to communicate with others. Paul was even more pitiful. He wanted to introduce himself to everyone in a friendly manner, but these people shot him and said he was dirty and smelly....

 

       When Lisa saw that they were left alone, she was the first to complain to Alan impatiently:

    

     "Hey! Are you in charge here? I just want to find a place to live far away from my family. I don't want to join the resistance or anything like that... Can I not do it?"

 

      Alan responded to her with a deliberate smile:

 

     "Can't."

 

       Seeing Alan's ruthless rejection, Lisa grumbled and retreated reluctantly, continuing to roll her eyes. She really had a ladylike temper.

 

      Suddenly Qin also came closer and carefully asked Alan in her soft voice:

 

     "Excuse me...is there any food...? My brother and I have been hungry for a long time..."

 

      Alan was surprised when he heard this, and quickly fetched some bread and water for the poor siblings to have a full meal.

 

        After solving the urgent needs of the siblings, Alan and Bud turned their attention to the young boy Dylan who was standing alone in the corner and reading a book.

 

      "Do you think... could he actually be reading pornographic novels?"

 

       Bud suddenly asked seriously, causing Alan to roll his eyes and respond in a low voice.

 

      "You said there will be erotic novels in this era?"

 

       Alan and Bud looked at each other with dead eyes and walked towards the young Dylan.

 

       "Hey... hello, what are you looking at...? My name is Alan and he is Bud..."

 

        Alan asked Dylan kindly, and saw Dylan holding up the book without saying a word. It turned out to be a collection of jokes...

 

        

       Dylan said expressionlessly:

      "Do you know why zombies don't participate in basketball games?"

        Alan asked curiously: 

 

     "Why?.......”

       Dylan replied calmly: 

      "Because they are already dead balls, there is no need for additional games."

          Alan and Bud looked at each other. Although they didn't feel very funny... they tried their best to pretend to be funny and cheer.

 

          The remaining uncle Paul, who had not said hello yet, eagerly held Bud's hand with his dirty head as soon as he came up.

        

       “ I'm Paul, thank you for choosing me!....Since Hank no longer appears, the entire people of Atlanta have been oppressed by the bully Ethan for too long! Especially me…”

 

Paul looked eager to tell his life experience, but Bud politely stopped him, put his arm on his shoulder and said with a smile:

 

      "You're Paul, right...! Nice to meet you... I'm sure you have a lot of wonderful stories, but it would be better if you tell me them over a cup of tea some other time?... Another day! Just another day! Okay?”

 

       Paul agreed as if he had found a soulmate and went back satisfied. Bud finally breathed a sigh of relief, leaned close to Alan, covered his mouth and said in a low voice:

 

    "  Do you really want these people? There are so many people who have passed the test... They only pass one of the levels, and each one is very... "wonderful"... Are they really suitable to have super powers?"

 

       Bud also made metaphorical and wonderful gestures to show the impact of these strange people who made him feel uneasy.

      

      However, compared to Bud's suspicion, Alan looked at these people as if they were looking at treasures and patted Bud:

 

     "This is the ideal candidate... Come on! We need to start training them as soon as possible!"

 

  _____________________________

 

    

      On the streets where people were coming and going, Hannah took Claire and recruited team members there, but as always, no one dared to approach or pay attention to them, because no one dared to disobey the captain's order that no one was allowed to join Hannah's team. .

 

       Seeing Hannah dripping with sweat and insisting on handing out recruitment flyers but being rejected one by one, Claire couldn't help but say:

 

     " Hannah!...Why are you doing this?...No one dares to approach us, and no one will join us no matter how hard we recruit!"

 

      Hannah refused to admit defeat while handing out flyers and said:

 

     "Is it possible that you have to rely on a person as a partner who ran away alone when he saw the team members in trouble?"

 

     Claire knew that Hannah was talking about Alan, but she also knew that Alan did not actually escape at all, but instead transformed into another identity to help them rescue them.

 

      "...Are you sure he ran away alone...? Did you listen to his explanation? Forget it, but I think you shouldn't slap him."

 

        Hannah was puzzled.

 

       "Why not?"

 

         Claire responded to Hannah earnestly:

 

      " ..I heard you say that you once said to him, ‘If I had known you were so useless, I shouldn't have come to you,' right?...Don't you think that's very hurtful?"

 

         After Claire finished speaking, she left sadly, leaving Hannah alone who stopped all her movements and fell into deep thought because of these words...

 

         She really hadn't thought about this all this time...

 

         She realized that she had said hurtful words first, and then slapped Alan without understanding the situation. She finally looked at the sky with regret and said lightly:

 

       "Maybe..."

0