Chapter 40 A good start
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  "It's you!?"

 

     In an instant, Hannah was surprised as Alan appeared in front of her on a power skateboard. She thought that Allen would never appear again after being slapped by her, but she didn't expect that he would appear to save her at the critical moment.

 

      Allen used the micro laser cannon on his right wrist to kill the bomber, then rushed down, and shot a hook to the abandoned building next to him. He swung all the way over and threw shockwave bomb balls to knock over the zombies on both sides, and then used the laser cannon to kill the zombies on both sides. Throw it out. At this time, the laser cannon quickly changes back to Kirby and enters the sewer hole impartially..

 

     Kirby is agile, dodging in the sewers and throwing bomb balls and foam balls. The bomb balls will explode and the foam balls will expand tens of thousands of times. These are weapons specially invented by the late genius Dr. Jack to deal with zombies. Now Allen is using it..

 

      Soon, there was a dull series of explosions, accompanied by the howls of buried zombies. The entire sewer collapsed and crushed the zombies to death, and was gradually filled with expanding foaming material. Until Kirby jumped out of the sewer hole, the foaming material was still there. It kept overflowing, and finally solidified into a cement state and burst the drain hole.

 

     All this happened very quickly and smoothly, and it was obvious that Allen was able to make full use of those props.

 

     After Allen eliminated the remaining zombies on the ground, he landed in front of the drain hole, and Kirby jumped back onto Allen's palm like a little pet, high-fiving Allen and then showing off his performance.

 

      "good job."

 

     After being praised, Kirby felt proud, but he also pointed his tentacles behind Allen. Allen turned around, and it turned out that Hannah and Claire had come to him out of nowhere.

 

    After a while, Claire came in front of her with a surprised smile. On the contrary, Hannah looked embarrassed and didn't want to admit it, avoiding Allen's eyes and came over with a gun.

 

     "Fortunately you are here"

 

       Because Claire knew Allen's secret, she changed her previous contemptuous attitude and looked at Allen with admiration. She even secretly asked Allen in a low voice: "Is your injury okay?"

 

      Alan smiled in response, but looked at Hannah.

 

      But Hannah looked very awkward, she just tilted her head and said to Allen arrogantly:

 

     "Thank .."

 

      Allen approached Hannah and looked at her solemnly without saying a word, causing Hannah to frown in confusion.

 

     "What are you doing...?"

 

       Allen looked at it for a long time... Finally, he put on that frivolous smile again and said:

 

   What? Do you think I will feel sad if you slap me? I am very strong... Why are you crying if you don't, are you feeling guilty?""

 

      Allen pretended to be naughty and glanced at Hannah, which made Hannah take back her guilty thoughts and push Allen away arrogantly.

 

      "No! You're still an asshole, but... you just evened it out"

 

     Although Hannah said this, she was obviously no longer angry with Allen.

 

     Since Hannah doesn't mind, this reassures Allen that he can continue to pretend while protecting her.

 

   Hey, slow down! We have to go to the next place to search."   

 

    Hannah urged without looking back.

 

     When Allen looked at Hannah's back, Claire leaned forward and asked:

 

   "You...really don't want Hannah to know the truth?..."

 

    Allen withdrew his pretended frivolous smile and sighed.

 

    "No..."

 

______________________________________________________

       Early in the morning, I saw several figures running on the patrol path on the outer city wall. No surprise, they were Lisa, Qin, Mark, Dylan, and Paul.

 

     This time Allen and Bud deliberately did not participate, and there was a purpose in doing so.

 

"Hey! Can you run faster? If you don't reach the finish line together, you will be punished! No matter how slow you are!"

 

      Lisa urged everyone who was lagging behind with an impatient attitude, because her physical strength was so good that she left everyone far behind, especially Paul. Although he tried very hard to keep up with everyone, his physical strength was never as good as hers. These young people are far behind everyone.

 

     "....Wait ...."

 

      Seeing Paul gasping and responding, but his speed didn't increase, Lisa felt very anxious, so she didn't wait any longer.

 

      ""Forget it! I take care of myself!"

 

        Lisa sprinted with all her strength without looking back, all she cared about was that she wanted to end this annoying training as soon as possible...

 

     Not only Lisa had this attitude, but Qin who was running behind was always protecting her younger brother Mark. Although they were about the same speed as Dylan, they deliberately stayed away from Dylan, as if she thought Dylan was just a lonely weirdo and didn't want to get close to him at all.

 

     They were still as scattered as they were a few days ago, but soon, two situations occurred.

 

    "ah!"

 

     Because Lisa just wanted to finish the run alone, she tripped over her feet and fell down because she was running too fast. Her right knee was severely bruised, making it impossible for her to get up.

 

     Mark felt sick to his stomach at this time. He stopped and squatted on the side of the road with a pale face, which frightened Qin.

 

   "  Mark, are you okay?"

 

      Mark said feebly:

 

     "my tummy hurts...."

 

       Seeing her brother like this, Qin was anxious and wanted to carry Mark on her back. However, Qin was also a thin girl and could not carry her brother at all.

 

       At this moment, a figure suddenly appeared in front of Qin, squatting with his back to her.

 

     "Come up!..."

 

     It turned out that Dylan saw it and stepped forward to help like a man without any hesitation.

 

     Just when Jean felt unexpectedly hesitant, Dylan also said:

 

    "hurry up!"

 

     Qin did not hesitate to hand over her brother to Dylan to carry.

 

    "Thank you...I thought you didn't care about anyone..."

 

     When Qin looked at the thin Dylan carrying Mark on his back, her view of this lonely boy gradually changed.

 

     But in front of them was Lisa who was injured due to a fall.

 

    "Lisa, are you okay?..."

 

      Although Lisa couldn't stand up, she was still very brave when she saw Dylan and Qin coming up to care about her, because she was the one who left them first, and she felt shameless.

 

       At this time, someone approached and carried Lisa without saying a word. He was none other than Paul, who had been lagging behind.

 

      Lisa was surprised and wanted to say:

 

     "You don't need to carry it!..."

 

     But Paul rarely said forcefully:

 

     "I won't let you down!..."

 

      This surprised Lisa. Paul then said calmly:

 

     "Don't forget that we are on the same team now, we cannot and should not leave anyone behind... Although you hate me, I know, but it doesn't matter, I only know that you are injured, and I will never leave you behind..”

 

       Paul's words impacted Lisa's heart, because she had never met anyone who was so kind to her. As the daughter of a family, her parents paid little attention to her but restricted her in every way, so they asked her to run away from home.

 

      "I... don't hate you... I'm just unfamiliar with you."

 

      Lisa whispered ashamedly, making everyone smile for the first time as a team. In this way, Paul carried Lisa on his back, Dylan carried Mark on his back, and the five of them slowly returned to the finish line.

 

       Allen and Bud were waiting for them before the finish line. Seeing that they had become a little more harmonious, they couldn't help but feel a little relieved.

 

      Bud said to Allen:

 

     "Fortunately, it happened as you predicted. It narrowed the distance between them. Otherwise, I don't know how many times they would have fallen."

 

       Although Allen was also relieved, he did not dare to relax because this was not the special training he had prepared for these new partners.

 

      He looked at these new friends and said to Bud:

 

     "...That's a good start. Come on, it's time to prepare equipment for their first encounter with zombies!..."

0