✨Part Two✨
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first time since Avery started working on her Algebra assignment, his eyes abandoned the equations, and landed on hers. Those stormy gray eyes, the same hue as the sky just before a thunderstorm. As equally mysterious as they were electrifying, they cast a spell on her in a way that no one else could. She felt his eyes hold her captive, and she had to look away quickly. It was as if he could see past her walls and into her soul, the real her. She was terrified and thrilled at the same time. 

After a few seconds which felt like centuries, Avery replied, "Don't be sorry. I get it, I know what it feels like to be overlooked. So to be fair, in return for this guaranteed A+, let's just say you owe me a favor as payment?"

With a hint of suspicion in her voice she replied, "What kind of favor am I singing up for exactly?"

He stammered for a moment and promptly explained, "Shit, my bad, shoulda clarified this earlier: Whatever I decide to cash in this favor for, it won't be anything creepy, or dangerous, but it will be cool, and you'll have a great time. You have my word." Avery crossed his heart and extended his pinky to make it a pinky promise.

Beatrix lifted her hand instinctively then paused and with a small smile said, "I hope you know I still take these pinky promises very seriously."

He leaned in closer to her and said "Cross my heart, and hope to die".

She linked her pinky with his and the promise was sealed. Immediately after contact, another slight spark of electricity ran through them. Avery released his pinky from hers and promptly stood up. Swiftly yet effortlessly he gathered his things and flung his backpack over his shoulder as he slid the now completed worksheet back to its rightful owner.

"Sorry I gotta disappear on you right now, this place is still a maze to me, and I gotta stop by my locker before next period. Don't worry though, I'll keep thinking about that favor. See ya later." 

He hastily walked away, but not before giving her another glance. She watched him leave, feeling like she had finally made a friend. A mysterious handsome friend, but a friend nonetheless. As she sat at her table bewildered and alone again, she realized the fuzzy static feeling that once filled the air was gone. Looking down at her Algebra assignment felt like the only assurance she had as proof that her encounter with Avery wasn't just a dream. A gentle smile emerged on her lips and she thought to herself, What the fuck just happened? 

The rest of the day dragged on, consumed with questions. Where did her transfer from? Has he lived in Jersey all this time? What was that spark about? Did he feel it too? Why haven't we had any classes together? Ugh why do I like him already? I barley know him. Am I that pathetic? Wonder if we'll have class together next period? The following classes were spent in a fog. Each minute seemed to crawl at sloth speed. Everytime she entered a new classroom she was greeted with disappointment, as Avery was nowhere to be found. All that changed at lunch. 

1