✨Part Five✨
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Honestly just wondering how you guys feel about the story so far ((I'm still working on it))
  • Not a fan Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, could be better Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay so far.... Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Consider me a fan Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Too slow Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too fast Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well paced Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Love Beatrix Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate Beatrix Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love Avery Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate Avery Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thanks guyyysss, got a touch of writer's block... Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1

With a loud thud, they slammed the doors of Avery’s black SUV and threw their backpacks onto the backseat. Their hearts were pounding like drums in their chests, echoing the very same thunder that still rumbled in the sky. Without a word, they buckled their seatbelts and Avery stepped on the gas. The car zoomed out of the parking spot, leaving behind a trail of wet leaves that swirled in the air like confetti; also leaving a whole lot of questions that hung in the air like a thick heavy smoke. Beatrix was still in shock from what had just happened. She couldn’t wrap her mind around the fact that Avery had caused the thunderbolt. She was more in disbelief of the fact that he had somehow persuaded her to ditch school with him, something she had never done before. She had so many questions, burning in her mind like a wildfire. She wanted answers, and she wanted them now. She turned to him and demanded, “Ok, so we’re officially in the car, and not literally on the run, so you owe me some answers, dude. Time to pay up."

Avery glanced at her and smiled. He could see the confusion and curiosity in her eyes. He knew that she deserved an explanation, but he wanted to make it special. He reached for his phone and plugged the AUX cord into the car’s radio. He scrolled through his playlists and picked one that he thought was perfect for the occasion. He tapped on the screen and said, “Before I tell you everything, we need some background music worthy of the occasion."

He pressed play and the car was filled with the sound of electric guitars, drums, and vocals. He turned up the volume and sang along, theatrically to Beatrix, “Tonight... I'm gonna have myself, a real good time. I feel ali-i-i-ive..."

Beatrix couldn't help but smile, not only from his antics, but she recognized the song. It was Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen, one of her top favorite Queen songs. She felt a nostalgic ache from the rare highlights of her past. Getting swept away in the moment, she looked over at Avery and continued the song equally as dramatic as his performance, “And the wooorrrllld... I'll turn it inside out, yeah... I'm floating around in ecstasy, so..." Avery joined in and they both sang, "Don't stop me now... Cuz I'm having a good time, HAVING A GOOD TIME!..."

They sang the rest of the song together, feeling a connection and a harmony. Creating their own nostalgia. Knowing this was a day they'd look back on and call 'The Good Old Days'. Forgetting about the events that just occurred, forgetting about their past, and future problems. In those three and a half minutes all that mattered was Queen. All that mattered was now. And all that mattered now, was them. They sang louder and louder, feeling free and alive. But all good things share the same curse, they eventually come to a bitter sweet end.

A moment of true worry free happiness was lingering in the car with them as the song ended. Beatrix looked over at Avery with a comforting warmth in her heart she's never felt before. The kind of warmth that can only be felt the first time you're singing your heart out with a close friend on a car ride. She didn't want to ruin the moment but her sarcasm got the better of her, "Ok, that was totally worth it but still... the Oscar for the best distraction song of 2014, goes to you"

Avery blurted out a laugh and jokingly pretended to accept his Oscar. While speaking to the imaginary crowd he said, “Thank you so much to the academy, and all my fans.” While pretending to dramatically hold back tears he continued, “This has been a dream of mine since I was a wee little boy.” And I wouldn’t be here accepting this award if it wasn’t for the spellbinding Beatrix. The only girl who deserves an explanation from me." He ended his speech by flashing her the most charming smile he had in his arsenal.

Beatrix was flushed but still she rolled her eyes and said, “Oh, please. Save your acceptance speech and your charm for the fools at your Math Tournaments. Don’t think an amazing song choice and flattery is enough to make me forget." She continued, "I still want to know what’s going on. How did you make that thunderstorm?"

He sighed and said, “Alright, alright. You got me. I wish it was easier to say no to you, but you've been a trooper so far, I’ll tell you everything… But first, let me change the playlist. I have something more suitable for this part of the story.”

As soon as he opened his Spotify app, Beatrix snatched his phone from his hand. “No more movie moment songs to distract me. One random song pick followed by some answers, please.” She said, giving him a stern look. She waited for him to nod in agreement before handing his phone back.

"Yes ma’am. Just background music and answers.” Avery chose an instrumentals playlist, took a deep breath and began to tell his side of what happened. 

“Beatrix, I know this is going to sound crazy, but I need you to trust me. You’re not the only one who has a secret. I’m a witch, and I know you’re one too.”

Beatrix gasped and stared at him in disbelief. “How?… How do you know I’m a witch? Actually, who says I even am one!?”

0