Chapter 2: Raccoons in Thunder Bay
177 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Come with me”

Sophia grabbed my hand and we walked to the edge of the clearing. It had been a few hours since Max left and our high was wearing off.

“You know I've liked you since I met you, right?”

“Oh… ummm… I didn’t know, sorry.”

“It's okay Charlotte, you were dense.”

“I also thought you were a trans girl who was too scared to come out until I just saw you realize you were one… I developed a crush, hard. My Gaydar is on point.”

I blushed bright red. “Yeah, I guess you're right.”

Sophia and I climbed into the trees and came upon a small stone cliff that dropped down 10 or so feet. Sophia sat and I followed suit. “You wanna know why I took you here?”

“Why?”

“Honestly, I never would have done this for Max, but Tee Bee Aitch, I really want to let you see my tits.”

I blushed harder. Sophia clearly noticed, “What, you’re a cute girl that I am totally into, if anyone deserves to see my titties, it's you.”

Sophia blushed too and turned around, she slowly took off her shirt and tossed it onto my lap. She turned around; she was beautiful and aesthetically amazing. She looked so soft and comforting, I just wanted to have her hold me and kiss me all night.

Sophia turned to me, “If you're okay with it, can I take off your shirt?”

I was always uncomfortable with being shirtless in public. Now that I was a girl, it started to make sense why. “Go ahead, I’m not as pretty as you.”

“You look beautiful to me already, and you will only look prettier when you start to transition.”

Sophia helped take my shirt off. She stared at me for a long time.

“I’m so sorry, I am hideous.”

“No you are NOT, you are adorable, you are already pretty smooth.”

“I shave everyday.”

“Ha. Egg.”

“Uh… What's that?’

“Oh fuck. You really are totally clueless. An egg is a trans person before they knew they were trans.”

“Why egg.”

“Because you are one crack away from becoming a chick.”

“Oh.” I blushed.

Sophia bumped my shoulder, “You are adorable.”

Sophia and I sat there for a long time just talking, eventually she asked me to rest my head in her lap. I did. It felt so nice, just being held by my best friend with nothing holding us back. She started rolling her fingers through my hair, strangely, this didn’t feel “hot”, it felt safe, natural, right.I gazed off into the woods, all that we could hear was the sound of the spruce rustling. I started to notice something else; a pink glow was emanating from behind the trees. It grew stronger, pulsating subtly.

I touched Sophia’s shoulder, “Look.”

“Aww shit, get up.”

We both got up and rapidly put our shirts on.

Sophia and I sat up and walked off twenty feet to the left where there was a way to get down the cliff. Each step I got more and more nervous. I grasped Sophia’s hand. The glow got stronger, everything around us was bathed in pink light. We turned around the tree, expecting someone to be there, but there wasn’t; instead there was a bright glowing statue. It was humanoid, but it had a big tail and ears. Sophia approached. It was black stone, with geometric veins of pink. Sophia reached out her hand to touch it. I started reaching for it too. We both clung to each other as we made contact. I felt pain shoot through me, like I was being lit on fire and rearranged from the inside, I tried to scream, but I couldn’t. I looked at Sophia, her veins were glowing pink, her features were starting to shift.She looked in so much pain, Her jaw was clenched and tears were flowing down her face. I looked at my hand, Bright orange was glowing, through my arm. The statue glistened with both colors, The figure started to melt, all the features falling down. The pain was getting unbearable, my eyes were full of tears, I couldn’t see anything. I couldn’t hear anything. I could only feel Sophia’s hand interlocked with mine. Then, everything went black.


I woke up to Quinn shaking me. I groaned. Wait… I sounded like a girl. It was low and melodic. I lifted myself up. And looked down, I had boobs… not even small ones at that. I felt the ground, but not from my legs, I flexed and saw a tail curl around me. “What the fuck! How long was I out?"

Quinn replied, "about thirty minutes, give or take. It's one in the morning."

I heard a groan beside me, I turned to see Sophia, but now she had pink rounded ears sticking out of her head and a fluffy pink striped raccoon tail sticking out of her back. She looked at her body; her tits had gotten larger. She then noticed her tail. “What the fuck.”

She turned to look at me. We both stared for a long time, dumbfounded.

Quinn, Danielle, and Alyssa both stared at us, eventually Danielle asked, “What the fuck happened to you two?”

I chirped, “I don’t know, We saw a pink light, we touched a statue, Everything hurt, and now we are Racoon girls. This must be a fucking dream.”

Quinn slapped himself, “Nope, not a dream.”

Alyssa asked, “What do we do about them? How do we even get home? We came here in Max’s truck and I never wanna see that shitstain again.”

“Agreed, I think there are some spare blankets in one of the cabins, Either you or Danielle need to take some to hide them. I think I can call my parents to pick us up. What the fuck is going on!” Quinn was exasperated. Alyssa and Danielle elected to steal the blankets, Quinn sat beside us and put himself on speaker.

His mom responded, “Hey Quinn! Is everything okay?”

He responded, “Not really, tonight has been all over the place”

“Wanna tell me about it?”

“Okay, so Danielle, Alyssa, Sophia, Max, and Charlotte.”

“Who’s Charlotte?”

Quinn covered the mic and whispered, “Can I tell her?”

I nodded.

“Well, You know Sophia’s friend, long orange hair?”

“Oh Derek!”

I winced.

“She is Charlotte now.”

“Oh okay!! Is she there?”

“Yes”

“Hi Charlotte! Congratulations!”

I smiled, “Uh hi!”

“Wow, your voice is beautiful!”

“May I continue?”

“Of course son, please do.”

“Well, Max got drunk and high and tried to do some really bad stuff to Charlotte and Sophia.”

“Oh shit, I am so sorry.”

“Me too, We all kicked his ass and he walked off.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah, it is, he was our ride though, so we are kind of stuck here. Do you think you can pick us up?”

“Of course, I’ll start the car now. I’ll get some KD ready when we get back.”

“Thanks mom.”

“Of course sweetie, don’t worry about it.”

“I love you!”

“Love you too mom.”

Quinn hung up.

We waited three or so minutes and Alyssa came tumbling out the bushes with two large blankets. They ran up to us and wrapped them around us. It felt weird when the blanket touched my tail and ears. They were so sensitive. We walked cautiously through the woods back into the party. It was still going, although it was less active than before. The bonfire was slowly dimming, We made our way to the parking lot. Max’s truck was gone. However, there was a small bit of blood and drool on the dirt where he parked. Good riddance. We sat for twenty or so minutes at the entrance of the campground. Sophia and I snuggled up close; she felt so warm. Danielle and Alyssa told us we looked cute together and they started snuggling too. Quinn just sat between us playing some mobile game.

A car pulled into the parking lot, it was Quinn’s mom’s black 2010 Ford Flex. Quinn ran up to the driver’s side window and hugged his mom. Danielle and Alyssa helped Sophia and I walk to the doors. Alyssa opened one for us and we carefully got in. Quinn rode shotgun and Alyssa and Danielle got in on the opposite side as us. Alyssa said, “Thank you for picking us up Ms. Belle.”

“Of course! I’m so sorry that happened,” She turned around to look at Sophia and I, “Are you two okay?”

Sophia replied, “yes, just a little shaken up. We’ll be fine.”

“Well, that’s understandable, neither of you should have had to deal with that.”

“Thank you.”

Quinn's mom sighed, “Don’t sweat it, I’ve been there before; it sucks.”

I could guess what Ms. Belle was trying to say, but I didn't want to pry.

Ms. Belle put the car in reverse and turned out of the parking lot. She turned onto the highway and drove back to Thunder Bay.


Thirty minutes later she turned into her driveway. I could barely see anything. I shuffled out of the car and followed Ms. Belle to her front door. She flicked the lights on. 

Quinn leaned in and whispered, “Should we tell mom about the uh… raccoon situation?”

Sophia and I looked at each other and tilted our heads before nodding, “Sure.” I said, “How do we tell her? Hi! Mom, my friends got turned into raccoon people doesn’t sound believable.”

“I think you are just going to have to show her.”

“After KD, I am hungry.” I said.

Danielle added, “Fuck… same”

Quinn’s mom walked into the kitchen and started making the KD. We all walked into Quinn’s room. The white walls were covered in retro space posters and star maps. He had a Breadboard, his laptop, and a book about stargazing on his desk. His bed was well-kept. On the shelves above him, he had some trophies. Above the bed he had a trans flag. Looking out his bedroom window was a telescope. On a side table was a bottle of lube and a dildo. Quinn quickly stood in front of them and shoved them in a drawer while blushing. I blushed. Danielle replied, “Quinn, you don’t need to hide your sex toys from us, I know that you know that we all have them.”

“Ummm… I don’t” I retorted.

“Well, maybe you should fix that then.”

Quinn walked back and closed the door.

“I am still not over the fact that Sophia and Charlotte are Raccoon girls!” Danielle said.

“Jealous.” Replied Alyssa.

“How do we hide them?”

“Well, the ears are easy, wear a hat, the tail is a little harder.”

“Lemmie grab something.” Quinn walked into his closet and pulled out 2 large hoodies “Here try these. I used to wear them before I was on T.”

A small bundle of fabric fell off of a chair in the closet. I picked it up. “Hey what’s this?”

“It’s my ace pride flag. I still haven’t figured out where to put it since the move.”

Quinn tossed the hoodies to Sophia and I. I pulled over the hoodie. It was big. Sophia helped me tuck my tail in.

Alyssa said, “Not even noticeable.”

“This feels very weird.”

Sophia added, “It does, it's a whole new area that just –didn't exist before.”

I helped Sophia put on her hoodie and we sat on the floor. Quinn turned on the T.V. and asked what we wanted to watch after dinner. We eventually decided to watch Bottoms. Quinn put the movie on pause and opened the door.

“The KD should be ready in three minutes.”

We walked back into the kitchen and sat down. Quinn’s mom was adding milk and water; she didn’t even notice us sit down.

“Mac and cheese is ready!!!”

“Umm… we’re right here.

"Oh I'm sorry!"

Ms. Belle each gave us a serving of KD. She was carrying her own plate to the couch.

"Garlic bread should be ready in a minute or two."

"Ok!"

We were all so hungry we all ate the Mac in a minute flat. It tasted so good. Danielle and Alyssa were talking turns spoon feeding the mac to each other. Quinn gave them a playful tap on the shoulder.

He giggled, “Get a room you two.”

I continued eating my mac and cheese normally next to Sophia while Quinn, Danielle, and Alyssa were all teasing each other.

Quinn turned to ask Ms. Belle, "ummm… mom, can we talk about something?"

She nodded, "of course son, anything."

Quinn turned to Sophia and I and nodded. We pulled down the hoods and moved the tail out of the hoodie.

Quinn’s mom gave an astonished look. The plate slipped in her hands and it shattered onto the floor, splattering mac and cheese everywhere. She blinked and returned to her normal expression.

“Where’d you get those? They’re very convincing.”

“They’re real.” I said, “go ahead, feel them.”

Ms. Belle absently stepped over the mess and touched my ear. It flicked in response. She parted my hair and felt the base of the ears, where my human ears would have been. I then showed her my tail. She could see each of the bumps on my vertebrae extending into the base of the tail. The tail swished around and curled around my thigh.

She stepped back, “How?”

Sophia and I reaccounted the events of the evening after the fight with Max. What the statue looked like, the pain it caused. Quinn added how They saw a flash of light and ran off to find us unconscious.

“I need to sit down.” 

Ms. Belle pulled up a chair and stared off into space. Finally she said, “What the fuck is going on?”

Danielle said, “We don’t know, all we know is we have a rich drunk lunatic who is probably looking for us, two girls that stick out like sore thumbs, nowhere to go, and no way to explain this.”

Alyssa added, “Sorry for putting this on you, but we need your help. You are the only parent that will understand and actually help us.”

“Of course, I just am unsure exactly how.”

Alyssa helped Quinn’s mom clean up. Quinn got a bundle of spare blankets and pillows from a drawer and made two pallets: One for Alyssa and Danielle, and one for Sophia and I. 

“Sorry that I can’t do more”

I said, “This is way more than what you had to do. Thank you so much for letting us stay here Quinn.”

“It’s no problem, you needed help.”

Quinn turned off the lights and jumped into bed. Alyssa and Danielle slid under their pallet and quietly went to bed.

Sophia and I pulled a blanket over us. Sophia grabbed my waist and held me close. My breath slowed and my heart was pounding. She felt so warm and so fucking safe. So much shit happened tonight and I felt like as long as I was holding her that I would be protected. We both snuggled up to each other and drifted off to sleep.

To Be Continued

 

 

12