Overlords Vs Overlords
127 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jake leans back in a chair as he sips coffee from his cream mug. He then sets his mug down and grabs his revolver, and wipes it down with a rag. He watches as Charlie passes back and fourth in panic mode. Keekee walks alongside her owner.

Vaggie sits in a nearby chair, while Angel Dust plays on his phone as he lays on a cough.

"Okay." Charlie starts. "So the extermination is coming in six months instead of a year. No big deal. Just a little setback. Nothing we can't handle. Just angles cutting our timeline in half. But who needs a whole year to save souls? Am I right?" She starts to panic. "And next time, when they cut the time in half again, and again, we'll just handle it, right?!"

Jake raises an eyebrow as he snaps his fingers, creating a dark red flame on his thumb, and he lights a cigar up.

Vaggie grabs Charlie, calming her down. "Yes. we will."

Angel Dust speaks up. "Oh, please, ya had less than half a chance when you started all this salvation bullshit.  And now..." His phone vibrates with violent threatening messages such as 'fucking bitch' "Ain't no silver lining this time toots."

"Sure there is." Charlie says. "We just... have to look a little harder for it."

"Well, while you're lookin', the rest of Hell is goin' nuts." Angel waves his pone in their faces. "People are already freakin' out about the news. Look at what's happenin' in the Doomsday District."

Angel scrolls down on an article with the bottom showing a demon screaming in front of fire.

"Those little things play pictures too?" Jake asks. "Such a weird little thing..."

Suddenly a pink message appears on Angel's phone. Charlie gets closer to read it.

"Err, what is a... Donkey Show?" Charlie asks.

Angel panics and retreats the phone back. "Ah, heh, nothin' My Boss, Val,-" Jake's tail rattles. "-is just freaked out about the news too. Like I said, everyone's losin' their shit."

"Yeah, that's true." Vaggie agrees. "Sinners are desperate. Maybe desperate enough to try anything to escape the extermination?"

Charlie gasps. "This is the perfect time to recruit more sinners for the hotel!"

"Charlie, you'd be vazey to go out in all the crazy." Jake speaks up.

"Well, it's not like the people are just going to show up on our doorstep."

Suddenly, a massive explosion made Charlie scream in fright from behind, getting their attention. They turn to see a freshly made hole in the wall.

Outside side Sir Pentious' war ship floats. "Show yourself Alassstor. Come and face-" He pauses for a moment when he notices Alastor absent from the freshly made hole. He then looks to see him sipping coffee on the balcony of the second floor. "Oh, there you are - FAVE MY WRATH!"

"Who are you?" Alastor sets down his 'Oh Deer' mug.

"Who am I? Who am I?! I am the great SSSSSir Pentiousssss!"

Alastor dissolves into fog as he descends to the ground, materializing aside Angel, Vaggie, Jake, and Charlie who are in the watching Sir Pentious' zeppelin from outside.

"Inventor, architect of dessstruction, villain extraodinare!" Sir Pentious says.

Jake raises an eye brow. "I've never heard of thisss guy." His black tongue flicks out for a second.

Niffty appears on Alastor's right shoulder, clearly starstruck. "Ooooh, he's a bad boy~"

Alastor scoops Niffty up and drops her on the ground.

"Huh, well if all that's true, you'd think I'd heard of you." Alastor states.

"I attacked you literally last week." Pentious points out, and Alastor cocks his head. "We've done battle, like... 20 times."

"Well, you must have been really bad at this."

"Silence! Now cower! For when I've ssslain you, the almighty Vees will finally acknowledge me as their equal."

Niffty reappears on Alastor's shoulder. "Ooh! Wait, who are the Vees?"

"Oh, nobody important." Alastor states.

"Bunch of ratbags." Jake hisses in annoyance. "Bunch of Whooperups too."

Over at the Vees' headquarters. A large crowd is in front of a store as they watch an advertisement on the tvs facing the window showing off a spy drone.

"New VoxTek designer voyeur scopes, peeping on the neighbors has never been more stylish." The advertisement plays. "VoxTek. Trust us with your money."

The crowd immediately enters the store and stampedes out with boxes with voyeur scopes, them inside peoples homes they watch their computers, laptops and phones, while being hypnotized.

Then inside a large room with tvs showing off numerous consumers as 'trust us' repeats and overlaps. Electricity courses as Vox stands up from his chair laughing maniacally from his viewer's consumerism.

Electricity courses as Vox stands up from his chair laughing maniacally from his viewer's consumerism

"Now that's food television!" Vox shouts.

Suddenly Vox's screen-face shifts to reveal an icon of Velvette, another one of them Vees, signifying she's calling, with a clown horn ringtone. Vox courses the call from his screen to his to his hands his hand via electric powers and transfers it to one of his many screens, to reveal Velvette in her studio, her hair in a large ponytail.

Vox courses the call from his screen to his to his hands his hand via electric powers and transfers it to one of his many screens, to reveal Velvette in her studio, her hair in a large ponytail

Vox sits down on his chair. "Hello there, Velvette! How are you this hellish morning?"

"Oh, cut the shit, Vox." Velvette orders. "I need you up here no!"

Vox looks to one of his screens as he gets his coffee cup and drinks from it. "Whatever could be the problem, my dear?"

"Your little boy toy is wrecking my apartment, while I'm trying to pull together a show and-"

Off-screen several workings are running and screaming, and objects are being tossed. Valentino is heard cussing.

"FUCKING BITCH!" Valentino shouts.

"Just get your ass here! NOW!" Velvette orders. "Damn it, Valentino!"

The call ends, and Vox's smile fades away as he gets up sighing, fixing his bowtie. "Oh god, here I go. Valentino. Just another fuckin' day with Val."

Vox then walks up to a platform, which rises up.

Then a minute later on the surface the elevator opens up and a frowning Vox sighing, and putting on a smile for a crowd of reporters that overlap one another before pointing their microphones at him.

"Mr. Vox!" A reporter shouts. "What are your thoughts about the new extermination deadline?"

"Mu dear people!" Vox starts. "We at VoxTek Enterprises have always been at the forefront of innovation.  And now, with this new oncoming threat, we are shifting our focus to your protection. We are pleased to announce-" A tv screen appears next to him, featurn the VocTek logok now gold and with angelic wings, with the tagline reading- "VoxTek Angelic Security is coming soon. Trust us with your saftey." He chuckles as he uses his left eye to hypnotize the crowd the same way as his consumers.

A manager walks up to Vox. "Uh sir, when did we begin workin on Angelic Security?"

"Thirty seconds ago." Vox begins to walk off. "Try to get that bitch Carmilla on the books and cancel all my appointments today. I have a fire to put out upstairs.

Vox then morphs his body into electricity and generates itself into the security camera on the wall.

Upstairs in Velvette's studio, the staff cleans everything up as she looks to four designers holding up dresses to show her.

"Ugh. No. Unacceptable. You're fired. What is this? WRIST RUFFLES?! Is this 1750?! Burn it like the witches who wore it!" Velvette sends the designer away.

Vox then appears next to her. "Oh, Velvet. I can see you're busy. Yell me where's our hot headed friend now?"

"Up in his tower, waiting for flat-faced prince to calm him down."

Vox sighs. "And uh, what's got him so out of sorts today?"

"Who knows?! But he tore up my best model. And you know, that show can't wait for that unlucky bitch to pull herself back together. Melissa, get over here. "

Melissa gets onto the platform, and Velvette uses her overlord powers to change her outfit one after another until she spots one she wants. "No. No. Hideous. I want to die. Eww." She gasps. "Yes! That's the one!"

"Well, looks like you have everything under control here."

"Of course I do." Velvette flips off Vox. "Fuck you. Now shoo! Take care of the piss baby."

Vox goes upstairs and is greeted by two moth demons who open the door for him. Once he enters, he finds Valentino sitting on his couch surrounded by a fog of red smoke.

Once he enters, he finds Valentino sitting on his couch surrounded by a fog of red smoke

When Val notices Vox, he sits up with fury in his eyes. "Fuckin' finally!" He throws his drink "Kitty! Another drink!"

The  Robo Fizzie next to him nods as it quickly heads off, then reappears a few seconds later with another drink.

"Ugh!" Val groans. "Can you believe what that piece of shit did? THE UNGRATEFUL WHORE!" He tosses the drink at Vox, who moves away making the drink, hit the door, and shatters on the floor.

"Um, which whore are we talking about this time?" Vox asks.

Cal stands up. "Fucking Angel Dust." He walks over to Vox. "Who the hell else would I be talking about?" he walks past Vox. "That fucking SLUT walked out on me!" He turns to Vox. "ME! I fucking made him!" Vox walks a little away. "Without me, he's just a bag of meat with some mildly entertaining holes."

"Oh! Angel quit?" Vox asks and he starts to tap on his phone.

"No, he didn't fucking quit. It's worse!" Val takes Vox's phone. "He MOVED!" He tosses Vox's phone to the wall, making it shatter in half.  Vox deadpans as he stares at his empty hand."He thinks he can just walk in here, work, and then go home somewhere else? Can you FUCKING believe that?!?!?!" He walks to a closet. "He thinks he can run off and shack up with Lucifer's BIMBO daughter and that slimy snake!"

"Angel's is living with Lucifer's daughter, and with Rattlesnake?"

"YEAH! Son of a bitch, Jake! OH I HATE HIM, stealing away good potential workers for his bullet factories. Where's he even been these past ten years?! And that BITCH Chuckie or Chandler, or I dunno. Something manish like that, she's got this hotel-"

As Val speaks, he opens the closet full of guns, drugs, and pictures including a poster of himself. Valentino brings up two long pistols guns; a long revolver and a semi-pistol and turns to Vox.

"Which of these makes me look sexier?" Val turns to the closet.

Vox chuckles. "What are you doing, Val? Val? You're not going over there." As he speaks, his left eye started its hypnotizing spell, but Valentino is busy loading his guns.

"That slippery twink is going to remember who owns him. I'm gonna FUCK everyone in that rancid shit hole. I swear to god!"

Before Val finishes, Vox grabs him by the collar and shoves him to his face, clearly furious "VAL..." he calms down. "Hehe. Think about it." Vox then walks Val towards the window, taking one of his guns. "Our brand is perfection. And what do you think chasing whores around town will do for our image?"

"Ummm.... fuck it up?" Val asks.

"Right! Do you want people thinking you can't control your employees?"

"No."

"Exactly!" Vox starts. "And, hey, you still have him under contract. He isn't going anywhere! SO... you should..."

"Do nothing?" Val asks.

"Great idea! Now that's why they pay you the-" Vox pinches Val's cheeks. "Big bucks."

Val sighs. "But I really want to shoot someone." Val gets a cigar holder, and Vox lights it with his electricity powers."

"Well, lemme call up the lowest earners this month." Vox walks over to some TVs.

"Oh, you know me too well." Val chuckles darkly and blows some smoke. "Ya know... Angel and Jake isn't the only one spending time at this Ratty Hotel with the devil's princesa."

"Oh? Who else is there?" Vox asks in an uninterested tone. "Someone who, owes you money?"

Val chuckles. "Someone who owes us much more than money... the Radio Demon is there."

Upon hearing those words, electricity courses through Vox's head, and he scratches the desk so hard it leaves deep marks. Vox makes small ominous chuckles before turning to Valentino, two red lines appear on the left side of his lower lip.

"What did you just say?" Vox asks in a distorted voice.

"You heard me."

"Alastor..." Vox walks towards Val. "Came back... and he is with Rattlesnake and Lucifer'-" He glitches. "-daughter, and that wasn't the -" He grabs Val by the collar. "FIRST FUCKING THING YOU TOLD ME?!??!"

Val frees himself from Vox's grip. "Hey! Killing Alastor is your kink."

Val walks to the desk and turns on the television. Vox teleports to the center screen, which is a recording from a VoxTek Voyeur scope. The scene, from a drone point of view, showing Alastor using his powers to attack Sir Pentious zeppelin, laughing as he hears Pentious screaming.

"Arrgh!" Sir Pentious screams. "Oh! Please! Stop!"

Jake blinks with an unamused look on his face, as he blows out some smoke from his large cigar.

"Um... Alastor!" Charlie calls out. "I think he's had enough."

"Nah. He's got a few more hits in him." Angel smirks,.

"I must say, I'm kinda enjoying this." Jake claims, even though he looks unamused. He smoothes out his mustache

Sir Pentious falls from the Zeppelin in front of Alastor, face first on the ground.

Alastor twirls his staff. "Thanks for another forgettable experience.

An Egg Bou falls and breaks in front of Charlie, and Jake licks his lips.

"Thank... you... for letting your guard down!" Sir Pentious uses his tail to grab a bit of Alastor's suit and rips it. "Hahaha! Yah! Oh, shit..."

Sir Pentious looks up to see Alastor's shadow transform in front of him. A big green explosion goes off and Sir Pentious goes flying into the city while screaming as he disappears from sight.

Alastor turns to everyone. "Well, it looks as though I need a visit to the tailor." He starts to leave. "Best of luck, chums."

Jake deadpans. "Really, the tailor..."

"Wait, you're LEAVING?!" Vaggie asks. "Alastor! We need your help! We need you to do your job."

Angel Dust gestures to the hole on the wall. "We need a wall."

"Of course!" Alastor agrees. "Can't let my new project fall into disrepair already. What would the papers say?!"

With a snap of his fingers, black ink demons appear with construction tools as Alastor walks away.

"I can repair the wall much faster than these fools." Jake crosses his arms. "But, I guess I'll be a little lazy."

Angel takes a interest and looks at one of the larger muscular demons, shoving Vaggie away as he walks up to him.

Angel giggles. "Hey, sweet cheeks. Whatcha doin' later? I love me a man with a giant... tool."

Back in Vees headquarters Valentino is scowling at the current events, leaning his face against the screen."

"See?" Val starts. "Look, at how he flirts with that guy, and he's not even paying. Who is that? I'm gonna fucking kill his whole fucking family. Vox?" Val slams his fist on the table when he doesn't respond. "VOX!"

Vox was paying little attention, as his left pupil turns into a tilde as he eyes Alastor leaving, his appearance static and out of focus as the screen becomes a bit static.

"That FUCKER is back!" Vox glitches.

Valentino grins as he realizes the situation and walks to him. "Yeah! I thought he was gone for good too!"

"It's been seven years! And he's hanging out with Rattlesnake!!"

Valentino leans up to him and pinches his cheeks, Vox clearly too pissed to care. "You still pissed that he almost beat you that time?"

"Uh, FUCK YOU."

Val walks around Vox. "Just saying."

"Things have change a lot since he left town!"

"THAT's for sure."

"I gotta send a message of who's REALLY in charge of things now!"

Val chuckles and Vox heads down into his lair, and marches towards his chair.

Vox starts to sing. "♫ Welcome home. I'm gonna make you wish that you stayed gone! ♫"

As Vox sang, electricity courses through his arm as he sat down, and turns to face the numerous screens.

"♫ Say hello to a new status quo. ♫"

Vox presses a button, and cords latch themselves to the plugins on the back of his head, connecting himself within the tv networks.

"♫ Everyone knows that there's a bran, new dawn, turn TV on! ♫"

"Camera, speeds, rolling in three, two..." The Director starts.

"♫ Welcome to the show! ♫" A Chorus sings.

Vox then appears on everyone's TV and he continues to sing. "♫ Top of the hour and we're discussing a certain had-been who has been spotted cavorting around town after a seven-year absence.

♫ Did anybody miss him, did anybody notice? More on tonight's program. So, the Radio Demon is back in town! Why is he hanging around? What does that mean for your family? Well, handily, I've got the news!

♫ He's a loser, a fossil, and I don't mean to sound hostile. But the demon is a coward! You can take that as gospel. Pulling my viewers? Impossible! I'm visual, he's barely audible! Stop giving him the time of day!

♫Don't listen to a word he'd say. Hope he had a nice vacay! But he should have stayed away. ♫"

Alastor had just finished getting his coat tailored. He notices a crowd watching the advertisement of Vox. He smiles and walks away with an idea, as Voc continues singing.

"♫ While he hid in radio, we pivoted to video!" Vox pulls out a dear head from an oven. "And now his medium is getting bloody rare! He''s been better since he split. Where's he been? Who gives a shit?! ♫"

Alastor makes his reappearance, as he starts his radio broadcast from Hazbin Hotel. "♫ Salutations! Good to be back on the air! Yes, I know it's been a while since someone with style treated Hell to a broadcast. Sinners rejoice! ♫"

"♫ What a dated voice! ♫" Vox insults in song.

"♫ Instead of clout chasing mediocre video podcast. ♫"

"COME ON!" Vox yells.

"♫ Is Vox insecure, pursuing allure? Fitting between this fad and that. Is nothing working? ♫"

"IGNORE HIS CHIRPING!" Vox orders.

"♫ Every day he's got a new format! ♫" Alastor sings.

"YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE FUTURE!" Vox then sings. "♫ He's the shit that comes before that! ♫"

"♫ Is Vox as strong as he purports? Or is it based on his support? He'd be powerless without the other Vees! ♫"

"Oh, PLEASE."

"♫ And here's the sugar on the cream. He asked ME yo join this team! ♫"

"Hold on!" Vox shouts.

"♫ I said no, and now he's pissy! That's the tea." A letter appears in a poof of black and blue smoke onto Alastor's desk. "Oh, and he's a letter from our dear friend, Rattlesnake Jake. Oh yes people, he's not gone either, he's back as well. ♫"

Alastor opens the letter, and he laughs. "♫ 'Do tell that Hornswoggler, he has no talent at alll~♫"

Vox gets so pissed that his screen face starts to glitch with anger rising. "♫ You old timey PRICK! I'll show you suffering! ♫"

"♫ Uh oh, the TV is buffering! ♫"

Vox couldn't handle his anger, causing him to overload his circuits with static electricity. "♫ I'LL DESTROY YO-O-O-U, YOU LITTLE--♫"

The camera head could not get anything loaded, and Vox's lets out an outburst that overloads everything from the TV screens to Valentino and Velvette's phone to everywhere in Pentagram City, causing a citywide blackout with the exception of Hazbin Hotel.

Alastor continues to sing. "♫ I'm afraid you've lost your signal. ♫"

"♫ Let's begin." Alastor slowly turns into his true demon form with every sentence. "I'm gonna make you wish that I stayed gone! Tune on in. When I'm done, your status quo will know it's race is run! Oh this will be fun! ♫"

Alastor makes one last evil laugh before cutting off Vox's singal throughout the city, leaving the Overlord dismayed that Alastor is still popular and powerful than last time.

"FUUUUUCK!" Vox shouts.

.

.

The Vees are having an emergency meeting, and Robo-Fizz, Kity, passes out drinks to each of them.

"We have a problem." Vox starts. "Alastor is around Rattlesnake again, we all know those two together are bad news. And the Radio Demon is getting close to Little Princess Morningstar, so our main concern now is ensuring that no deal is ever struck Lucifer's-" He slams the table. "-BRAT and that smiling freak!"

"Well, how exactly are we supposed to stop it?" Velvette asks.

Valentino is putting so much glue on his revolver to decorate with glitter and marbles. "Put something inside them. That's how I get my bitches to behave."

"Well, maybe someone on the inside isn't such a bad idea." Vox states. "Do you think Angel would?"

"That lanky prick won't even return my calls."

Vox slams his drink on the table. "We need someone who Little Miss Bleeding Heart would take in." He walks around the table.

"Someone pathetic, desperate, with no direct ties to us." Velvette says.

"I employ every down on their luck loser this side of hell. At least the ones Jake didn't get his tail around. Who the fuck is left?" Valentino grumbles.

Vox scoffs. "I think... I have JUST the one." His right-hypnotic eye gleams as he grows a sinister grin.

.

.

Back at the hotel, the ink demons are currently fixing the hole in the wall. Jake is at the bar sipping on a glass of whiskey. Angel is in the parlor, playing on his cellular device.

Charlie and Vaggie return and Charlie throws herself onto a couch, exhausted.

"Soooo? How'd it go?" Angel Dust asks.

Vaggie sighs. "Not a single new recruit."

"Yeah well, who would wanna use their last days not fucking and fighting?"

As Angel checks on his phone, Vaggie hears a knock on the front door. She walks over to it and opens the door, only to find Sir Pentious holding his hat.

"Why, hello dear-" Sir Pentious is cut off by Vaggie punching him in the face.

Pentious falls to the ground when Vaggie brings out her spear and points it at him. He cowers in fear with the tip barely at his neck, and held a peace sign gesture.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sir Pentious calls out. "I come in peace."

"What are you doing here?" Vaggie asks.

Charlie appears behind Vagiie. "Vaggie, what's the problem?" She notices Sir Pentious. "Oh! Hello again!"

Vaggie takes a step back from Sir Pentious.

"I didn't come looking for a fight." Sir Pentious claims. "I uhh... I heard that you're helping people, people who want to be better?"

Charlie lets out a gasp and runs over to grab his hand and lead him to the door of the hotel. "You heard right! Welcome to our home of healing. Our resort of restoration. Our--"

Angel appears from the door and cuts off Charlie. "Are you fucking nuts?" He points at Sir Pentious. "This chump was trying to kill us, like, literally six hours ago. And now you want to bring him in here to live with us?"

"Absolutely! This place is about second chances. And who deserves one more than this... slithery... slippery... special little man.

Angel looks over to Vaggie. "Aren't you supposed to protect this place?" Angel looks back inside. "Jakey, why aren't you doing your job as well?!"

"I don't see any danger." Jake states as he sips on his whisky. "If they're was, they'd be dead already."

Angel sighs and face palms.

Charlie gives her puppy-dog eyes, begging Vaggie to give Sir Pentious a chance to live in the hotel. Vaggie gives in.

Vaggie sighs. "I... guess he's not much of a threat without the war machine,-" Sir Pentious' cobra head lifts with anticipation. "-or even with the war machine." Sir Pentious' cobra head flaps down with depression, sighing.

Charlie was so happy that she hugs Vaggie, lifting her up in the process and twirling around once. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel!"

Charlie leads Sir Pentious to the door inside of the hotel.

"Oh no darling!" Sir Pentious says. "Thank you! You won't regret this."

Angel follows soon afterwords. "Eh, I give you a week, tops."

Charlie gives Sir Pentious the tour of the hotel. "So, this is the bar and the Bartender." She motions to Jake. "This is Jake, our Head of Security."

Jake nods to Sir Pentious.

"Oh, it is such an honor to meet you, Ssssssir Rattlesnake!" Pentious smiles. "It's nice to meet sssssuch an important Snake in hell."

"It'ssss nice to meet you too... Who are you again?" Jake asks in confusion.

"Moving on!" Charlie continues the tour. "This is the curtain, and this is the new wall after you broke the last one, heh, and oh! Oh! This is the-"

Vaggie grabs Charlie to calm her down again. "Babe, you don't have to show him every detail."

"Sorry, I'm just excited to have our first real guest!" Charlie says with excitement.

"Uh, what the hell am I then?" Angel Dust asks.

"Well, you're an important part of our family here Angel, but you, uhm, uh..."

"Constantly make us look bad, sexually harass the staff, and have literally never once tried to improve?" Vaggie points out.

"What she means is, it's just nice to have someone interested for once." Charlie says.

As Charlie goes back to Sir Pentious, Angel Dust was having doubts, looking a bit upset of everything Vaggie describe him to be.

Niffty is playing with Keekee using a string when Charlie and Sir Pentious approach the two. Keekee hisses at the sight of Sir Pentious and scatters away while Niffty turns around to meet him.

"Over here we have our maid Niffty." Charlie introduces.

Niffty gasps. "The bad boy is back!"

Nifftey gets up on Sir Pentious and holds his collars, looking at him with insanity in her red eye and a very sadistic smile, which creeps out Sir Pentious.

"Never leave me again." Niffty says with a creepy whisper.

"We're about eighty percent sure she's harmless." Charlie states. "And over here we have-" She nearly bumps into Alastor. "Oh, uh, Alastor, our gracious Facility Manager! You've met our newest guest, Sir Pentious... Heh heh."

"Ah yes!" Alastor fixes his monocle. "You're the one who ruined my coat." His eyes glow red in the dark with a violent temptation to rip Sir Pentious apart. "I definitely remember you now."

Sir Pentious guls nervously.

"Well, I guess this is a great time for your first lesson." Charlie clears her throat. "'How to apologize'. The first step to becoming a better person is to admit when you are wrong." She pushes Sir Pentious towards Alastor. "Why don't you give it a try?"

Pentious grows nervous. "Yes, um... Mr, um, Radio Demon, sir, please forgive me for attacking you and ruining your very lovely coat... Um, here..."

As a token of apology, Sir Pentious hands back the small fabric he tore from Alastor's coat.

Alastor takes the fabric and inspects the damage. "Oh-ho, not mnay people have been able to taken even this much off me. It must have meant quite a lot to you."

Despite being generous, Alastor burns the fabric tear in green flames, leaving Sir Pentious and Charlie stunned.

.

.

Everyone, Angel, Vaggie, Sir Pentious, Jake and Charlie are gathered in the parlor for Pentious' introduction.

"Now!" Charlie starts. "With a new resident, I think it's important we all get to know each other, so we are going to play a little game. Everyone, follow me. My name is Charlie." She claps twice. "I like to sing!" She claps twice again. "And when we get to know each other it's the greatest thing!" She claps twice a third time.

Charlie then holds her hand out to Sir Pentious.

"My name's Sir Pentous." He claps twice. "I like to build." He claps twice again. "And despite my stupid Egg Bois, I think I'm very skilled!" He claps a third time.

Charlie looks towards Jake and his fiery eyes narrow at the Princess, she then swiftly turns to Angel.

Angel looks up at his phone in disinterest. "This is stupid."

"♫ This is not stupid!" Charlie claps twice. "It's just a game!" She claps twice again. "Sir Pentious did it well so now please try to do the same! ♫" She claps twice a third time...

Angel face palms. "I am too sober for this.

"Well, get used to it and learn how to play. ♫ This is gonna be your whole day. ♫" Vaggie claps twice.

Jake sighs as he lights up a cigar and leans back on the couch. "God, why do I deserve this..." He mutters.

A few minutes later the group, with Alastor, Niffry and Husk there, is doing some role-play. Angel Dust is wearing a trenchcoat and a hat while he reads a script. Sir Pentious is also role-playing as a innocent child wearing a sailor suit, licking a lollipop.

Jake is slightly playing with his mustache out of boredom.

Angel reads from the script in his hands. "'Oh, I am a bad man on the streets who never got enough hugs. Now, where's an innocent kid I can see crack to?' Wow, who wrote this?"

"It's great, right?" Charlie asks. "Keep going."

"'Hey you.'"

"'Who, me?'" Sir Pentious smiles like a child.

"'Yeah, you look like a kid who could use some... Devil's Dandruff??'" Angle acts. "Oh, for fuck's sake."

Sir Pentious shakes his head. "'Not me! I have to go home and study!'"

"'Come on kid, it'll make you cool like me... the crackhead.'"

"'The only cool thing here is to say no to drugs! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to not have sexual intercourse before marriage!'"

Charlie stands up and claps. "Yes! Oh, bravo, bravo!" She chuckles and walks over to Pentious. "Wow, Pentious, at this rate you'll be redeemed in no time.

"I... I'm going to bed." Angel says with a slightly depressed look.

As Angel heads back up to his room, he overheards Charlie congratulating Sir Pentious.

"I am so proud of you Sir Pentious!" Charlie cogratulates. "That was amazing!"

"Thank you!" Pentious thanks. "Thank you! You like me! You really like me!"

"Is that how TeeVee acting is?" Jake turns to Alastor.

"More or less." Alastor states with a large smile.

"Huh... I guess I should just stay away from this tellie."

"Why not give radio a try, my friend?"

"Eh, technology is confusing." Jake rubs his temples. "Give me headaches... I think I'll stick to books for now."

"You truly never lived until you listen to one of my radio broadcasts."

"I'm not really living now, Alastor... We're kinda dead."

"Heh, good point."

"Back in my day, we worked from sunrise till sunset." Jake leans back on the couch. "Kids these days are always on their telephonies and Telie-visions, they have no idea what it's like to actually work."

Alastor raises an eyebrow as he looks at Jake. "Jakey, your age is showing."

"I'm not that old! What year is it, again?"

"It's 2021."

"I've been down here for 161 years, so I'm not that old!" Jake crosses his arms and turns away.

"But you were born in the early 1800s."

"Bah!" Jake throws his arms up in anger "I'm not that old!"

Alastor chuckles.

.

.

In Angel's room Fat Nuggets, the pig, is asleep on his bed until Angel accidentally throws his coat on top of him. Fat Nuggests grunts and crawls out of the coat as he watches Angel lie down on his bed. Angel looks at his phone and sees all his voice mails from Valentino.

Angel sighs and begins to play them. Valentino's voice mails switch back and forth between a friendly, apologetic tone and a barrage of screams threatening violence.

"Angel baby, come home! It's not the same without you here, I miss you! Come back-"

"ANGEL, YOU BITCH! IF YOU DON'T COME HOME, YOU'LL BE FUCKING GREASY TRUCKERS FOR THE NEXT YEAR-"

"Hey, amorcito, I didn't mean to yell, but you know how crazy you make me-"

"YOU FUCKING SLUT!"

"Hey, Angie about earlier-"

"-KILL YOU WHOLE FUCKIN' FAMILY!"

"Work's really stressful!"

"-LITTLE COCKSUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

Valentino's last voice message he talks in a dead serious tone. "You actually think you can chance? Addict trash like you doesn't chance. I'll see you soon, baby."

Angel sighs as he turns onto his back and looks up to the ceiling, feeling worthless. Fat Nuggets gets on the bed next to him.

"Sorry, not now, Fat Nuggets." Angel apologies to his pet.

Angel gets up and leaves his room with Fat Nuggets looking worried. Angel goes to Huck's bar and starts drinking alcohol. Then he notices a slithering noise. He finds Charlie's office door opened, and he takes a peek inside.

There, Angel discovers Sir Pentious setting up a small camera in one of the bookshelves, a camera that belongs to Vox.

Angel realizes what he was doing and slams the door open. "You slippery little shit!"

Sir Pentious screams.

"You're working for the Vees?" Angel questions as he walks over to Pentious. "I fucking knew there was something shitty about you."

"I don't know what you're talking about!... Whore bug!"

Angel gets so ticked off that he tackles Sir Pentious to the ground. Angel punches Pentious in the face before wrestling with him.

"Get your aggressively average body...OFF OF ME!" Sir Pentious' eyes spiral with hypnotic powers.

Angel becomes hypnotized. "Fuck!" He backs away, but quickly snaps out of it.

Angel now has Sir Pentious concerned. Right then, Charlie and Vaggie wake up after hearing the scuffle.

Charlie yawns. "What's going on?"

Jake appears in the door way, he's only wearing an unbuttoned white shirt, that shows off his toned stomach and chiseled chest, and his black jeans.

His hat is missing and he's showing off his black horns, that slightly curve back, with red diamond patterns on them.

"What's going on?" Jake pulls the hammer back on his black revolver as he holds it up.

Angel motions to Sir Pentious. "This little bitch is a traitor!"

Jake raises an eyebrow and lowers his revolver and decocks it.

"Preposterous!" Sir Pentous startd. "I would never betray you. You... are my best freinds!"

Jake takes a step back as Sir Pentious comes over to the three and gives the girls a hug.

"Uh huh, then explain this!" Angel lifts off one of the books to reveal a camera, much to Charlie's shock, and Jake's confusion. Sir Pentious realizes that his cover was blown and scurries to the window.

"Ah! Ah! Abort! Abort!" Sir Pentious then brings out his wrist watch to make contact with Vox. "S.O.S! Agent Pentious in need of immediate evacuation." He pulls on the window, but it doesn't open.

Vox immediately picks up. "Pentious? Wait... you were caught?! It hasn't even been a day!"

"Please! You've got to get me out of here!"

"I can't believe we thought you could handle even something this simple. Do us a favor, if they don't kill you, go ahead and do it yourself you miserable failure."

Sir Pentious starts to cry. "I... I..." he takes off the watch and drops it on the ground. "Just make it quick I guess... not that I deserve it."

Jake leans onto the frame of the door way, spinning his revolver around his thumb.

Sir Pentious lies on the ground, with Vaggie holding a spear ready to pierce his skull.

"Gladly." Right before Vaggie could put Sir Pentious out ofhis misery, Charlie stops her and starts singing.

"Wait! Pentious?" Charlie holds her hand out to him. "♫ It starts with sorry, that's your foot in the door. ♫" Charlie helps Pentious off the ground.

"♫ We're singing at this hour? ♫" Jake sings as he rubs his eyes.

"♫ One simple sorry, spoken straight from your core. The path to forgiveness, is a twisting trail of hearts! But sorry is where it starts!♫"

Sir Pentious then sings. "♫ Who could forgive a dirtbag like me? I don't deserve your amnesty. ♫"

Angel comes with dual Tommy submachine guns in two hands with Vaggie trailing behind with her spear. They sing together. "♫ Can't we just kill him? Shoot him and spill for his blood? ♫"

"♫ That's an option you could choose. ♫" Charlie sings.

"♫ Works for us. ♫"

"♫ Just pick already, some of us want to sleep. ♫" Jake sings.

Charlie walks over to Vaggie and Angel and puts a hand on their shoulders. " ♫ But who hasn't been in his shoes? It starts with sorry. ♫"

"♫ Sorry. ♫" Sir Pentious apologies.

Charlie then grabs Pentious and they both start to dance.

"♫ Dig down deeper and say once sincere sorry! ♫" Charlie sings.

" ♫ I'm so sorry! ♫" Pentious sings.

"♫ And your journey's underway! ♫"

Charlie and Sir Pentious then duet. " ♫ It'll take time to cover your/my vast multitude of sins. But sorry is where it begins. It starts with sorry. ♫"

As the song ends, Niffy who also woke up, is disappointed that Sir Pentious isn't who she thought he would be: a bad boy."

"I hated that song! Why are you so lame?!" Niffty kicks Pentious and walks away. "Not a bad boy."

Charlie happily sighs. "Good first day! Let's get some rest!"

The others leave and Jake watches them go. But then he then walks over to the wrist watch communicator on the ground.

He stares down at it and narrows his eyes. Alastor appears out of the shadow's behind him and watches with a smile.

Jake picks up the watch and looks it over, before staring at the screen. Black and blue liquid wash over the watch and Vox appears on the screen.

"SHIT!" Vox eye's widen as he sees Jake.

"Vox." Jake narrows his eyes at Vox.

Jake's body grows slightly larger as his horns increase in length and start to secrete a black liquid. Jake's fingers grow longer and sharper as something pushes on the back of his shirt. Scales grow along his body as he frowns and his rattle sharpens and shakes.

Jake's eyes burst on fire, and within that fire is a black void that stares right into Vox. "Leave this place alone, or I'll come down there myself. And fuck you up!" Jake's voice grows dark and echoey at the last part.

Jake's black tongue flicks out, as it grows sharp and he tosses the watch behind him and Alastor chatches it.

Alastor evilly laughs. "You'll have to try harder than that next time ol' pal!"

With maniacal laughter, Alstor crushes the watch with his hands, and the only sounds Vox make was a raging scream before Alastor retreats back into the darkness.

Jake shrinks down into his regular look and spins his revolver around for a few seconds, before sighing. "I need a drink."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-11-2024

6478 words

4