A Meeting of Overlords
119 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keekee is asleep on the parlor sofa as Charlie, Vaggie, Razzle and Dazzle put up a banner that reads 'Happy first week, Sir Pentious!'" Keekee wakes up with the sound of hammers hitting the wall and she runs off.

"That looks perfect!" Charlie smiles as she looks at everything from the top of a ladder. "Aagh! I am so excited that Sir Pentious is staying at the hotel."

"Um, Pentious was just trying to take over the city with his weird steampunk bullshit a few days ago." Vaggie informs.

Charlie climbs down the ladder. "Well, I haven't seen him try to pull any of that here."

Sir Pentious comes in, rolling in a new machine that his Egg Boiz are sitting on.

"What the hell is that?" Vagiie asks Sir Pentious.

"Oh, hello, purple female." Sir Pentious takes off his hat and bows, as his Egg Boiz hop off the machine. "It's my new invention, the 'Sking Flayer 11,000.'" His minions chase around Keekee. "I'm really looking forward to shooting the other residents."

"What? Why?" Charlie asks.

"Everyone is being too nice. Obviously, it must be a lie. I can sense they are planning to kill me, but when? How? I must be prepared! Ooh, the new parts of my machine are here."

Odette and Clara come in, wheeling in boxes of weapons.

Odette and Clara come in, wheeling in boxes of weapons

Sir Pentious runs over to them.

Odette holds out a clipboard. "Sign, please." Sir Pentious signs the clipboard while Clara wheels in the boxes. "Thank you for your business. Enjoy your Carmine purchase."

Odette and Clara walk out of the lobby as Sir Pentious takes the crate full of parts and weapons for his machine. Ashe he slithers back, Vaggie realizes whom he's buying from.

"Carmine?" Vaggie questions. "As in Carmella Carmine. You are buying parts from an Overlord?"

"Uh, of course." Sir Pentious replies. "She's the top weapons dealer in Hell. Jake managed to even get me a five percent discount!"

"Okay, well that stops right now." Vaggie takes Pentious' boxes away.

"Hey!"

"You absolutely cannot build weapons in this hotel. No one is trying to kill you. People are being nice because they want you to feel welcome.

Sir Pentious looks at Vaggie with a wry expression. He then peeks over his machine to scowl at the other residents and workers. Husk is drowning a bottle at the bar, and he flips off Pentious. Angel Dust, standing near the bar on his phone, does the same. Niffty, who is dusting a corner of the wall, looks at Sir Pentious and does a sinister-sounding giggle.

Sir Pentious looks at Vaggie. "Hmm. I have my doubtssss."

"Well, it's true." Vaggie states. "You have to trust us."

"But I don't."

Charlie then speaks up. "Well, why don't we focus on that for today's activities?"

Vaggie crosses her arms. "Not before we lay some ground rules. No more building weapons, no more plotting against other guests." She then points at the Egg Boiz. "And you need to get rid of these things."

2 Egg Boiz, having a tug-of-war over a laser, accidentally set it off and blow a hole in the roof, much to Vaggie's frustration.

"Ugh!" Vaggie points to the hole in the ceiling. "What did I just say? What did I just say?"

"What?" Sir Pentious hugs the Egg Boiz. "Not my little Egg Boiz. They do my evil bidding for me."

"Do you want to stay here and redeem yourself?"

Pentious narrows his eyes. "Yesss."

"Then no more eggs."

Tears form in Sir Pentious' eyes. "All right, eggies. You've got to go. I-" He sobs. "-can't keep you anymore."

"Okay, boss." An Egg Boiz replies and they all salute.

They all follow Vaggie as she wheels Pentious' boxes away.

"No, don't resist." Sir Pentious calls out. "This is how it has to be!"

Sir Pentious begins crying as he watches his Egg Boiz walk away. Charlie, looking awkward, pats his shoulder.

.

.

In Alastor's room he is sitting in a forest he conjured up, while eating a deer carcass with a knife and fork with Jazz music playing in the background. Jake sits across from him as he reads a book in his hand and slides a boiled egg into his mouth. The book Jake's is reading is called "This Lost Princess."

"Alastor!" Vaggie enters the room with the Egg Boiz behind her.

The Jazz music stops with a record-scratching sound.

Alastor looks surprised for a second and his eyes go from the deer carcass on the table to Vaggie. "Do you mind? We're in the middle of breakfast."

"Pentious' egss are all over the place, and I need you and Jake to get rid of them." Vaggie states.

Jake sighs and slams his book shut, it disappears in a ball of black and blue liquid. "There goes my plans... But-" He looks at the Egg Boiz and licks his lips. "I am still hungry." He stands up with a toothy grin.

Alastor throws away the knife and forks, and stands up as he summons his microphone. "Oh, well, in that case, I'd be delighted to!"

"Humanely!" Vaggie says.

Jake sighs and adjusts his coat. "Fine."

Alastor hums. "Well, that's a lot less fun." His eyes glow red and the x appears on his forehead, just for a few seconds. "But I suppose we can take care of that on an outing today." He walks out of the room.

Jake crosses his arms as he follows. "Never get to do what Jake wants to do." He complains a mocking tone.

"Great!" Vaggie looks at the deer carcass. "That looks disgusting."

A few minutes later in the hotel foyer, Charlie and the rest of the rest of the hotel's residents, minus Alastor and Jake. They all sit on the sofa except Charlie and Vaggie. Behind those two is a stage with a banner on it that reads 'Trusting 101'.

"Hi, guys." Charlie waves. "Thanks for coming. It's been brought to our attention that there may be a little... tension in the hotel."

As Charlie explains, everyone is hating each other, or on edge. Sir Pentious grabs Niffty with his tail and makes to shoot her with his raygun.

But Vaggie snatches the weapon out of Pentious' hand. "Tension that can be counter productive to what we're trying to do here."

"We think that this group could really benefit from..." She jumps into the air. "Trust exercises!"

Vaggie jumps into the air. "Trust exercises." She then begins falling. "Ah, shot!"

Vaggie falls to the floor and Charlie helps her to her feet.

"Vaggie, we rehearsed this." Charlie sighs, then she looks at everyone else. "We're doing trust exercises."

"So, uh, what's with the whole, uh, this?" Husker gestures to the stage behind Charlie and Vaggie. "I'm not about to put on some show for these fucking chumps."

"Oh, I will,-" Angel Dust puts his feet on Husk's legs. "-but it's cash up front, and I know that one-" Points at Sir Pentious. '-can't afford me."

"Grossss!" Sir Pentious shrivels away from Angel. "I'd never think of it ssssspider!"

"Right." Vaggie starts. "Well, let's get started. Charlie?"

"Actually, I thought maybe you could take the lead on this one." Charlie smiles. "I trust everyone, so maybe you know better on how to build this properly!" She walks over to stand by the Sinners.

"What? Uhh, I don't know if I'm qualified, uh---"

"Oh, come on. It'll be easy. I'm sure you can handle this."

"Yeah, um." Vaggie looks at everyone, they all are grumpy except for Charlie and Niffty. "Sure, I can handle this. No problem."

Vaggie takes a deep breath and walks down one side of the stage.

Vaggie then speaks drill sergeant style. "Alright, so wer are starting with trust falls! Each of you are going to share something vulnerable with the group about yourself and then fall backwards, while the rest of the group catches you. Got it? Who wants to go first?"

Charlie raises her hand. "Oooohh, ooohhh, me me me! Me! Me! ME!" She runs up to Vaggie and grabs her shoulders.

"Alright." Vaggie points thumb at the stage. "Get on up here."

Charlie runs past Vaggie and onto the stage. "I, I love you guys. Like, really, really, really love you." She turns around and falls backwards.

Vaggie runs forward and catches Charlie. "Gotcha!"

"That, felt, good!" Charlie looks back to Angel. "Angel, why don;t you go next?"

"Fine." Angel walks onto stage.

Vaggie sets Charlie down. "This time everyone needs to catch him, okay? Unless you want me to hurt you."

Vaggie takes out a spear as a means of discipline for the others to come closer to the stage.

Somethin' about myself, huh?" Angel puts a finger on his chin. "How about this? I LOVE to suck-"

Husk threateningly points at Angel. "I swear to fuck if you say dicks!"

"-popscicles, ya sicko! Get your mind out of the gutter." Angel falls backwards,and Husk catches him. "But, you know, dicks too!" Husk drops him, then Angel looks at Sir Pentious. "Alright, new guy, you're up."

The room goes dark and a melodramatic music plays. A spotlight shines on Pentious as tears fill his eyes. "I, don't want to live without my minions. Nobody catch me!" He falls backwards; Charlie and Vaggie catch him. "Damn it."

"That's great. Wow, you are slimy." Vaggie drops Pentious. "Okay, good job. Uh, Niffty?"

Niffty runs past them onto state, giggling manically. "Sometimes, I kill mother-bugs in front of their children as a warning to others!"

Upon hearing this and seeing Niffty, the others were disturbed by her sadistic nature. Niffty flings herself off the stage, but the others actively move out of the way to let her fall on the ground in the face. Despite that, Niffty seems to enjoy that.

"Yay! Pain!" Niffty, giggling, runs back onto the stage to jump off again. She sighs. "Pain!"

Sir :Pentious, Husk and Angel are very disturbed by Niffty.

Charlie and Vaggie walk off to talk privately. While Niffty keeps jumping off the stage.

"I don't know if this is really working the way we'd hoped." Charlie says. "Maybe we should-"

Vaggie puts a hand on Charlie's shoulder. "Honey, you have to trust me here. I got this, okay? I'll figure something out."

Angel appears behind them. "If you're in the market for some ideas, I've got just the thing for some 'trust buildin'".

Vaggie sighs. "What do you have in mind?"

In Pentagram City, Alastor and Jake, with his spurs jingling, walk down the street, closely followed by Pentious' Egg Boiz.

"Oh, boy! What's the plan, boss? I like your suit! Is your tail slimey? What are the antlers for? Why do you carry three weapons? Can I touch your staff thing?Why are you wearing such an odd outfit. Are those your ears or is it your hair? I can't tell!" The Egg Boiz speak loudly.

Alastor's eye twitches as he walks down the street, a pained smile on his face. Jake just has a tired look on his face as his tongue flicks out for a second.

A shadowy person watches from behind, before appearing in front of the two, revealing himself to be Overlord: Zestial.

A shadowy person watches from behind, before appearing in front of the two, revealing himself to be Overlord: Zestial

"Hark, Alastor, Jake." Zestial greets.

"Zestial." Jake gives a small bow and Zestial returns it.

"How are thee this day?"

Alastor makes a radio static sound effect, looking slightly scared.

"Who's that, boss?" An Egg Boi asks. "Want me to rough him up for you?"

"Follow in silence if you value your shell!" Alastor orders the Egg Boi and taps his shell with his cane before turning back to Zestial. "Greetings, Zestial!"

A demon comes out from an alleyway and sees the three Overlords. "Oh, holy shit!" He runs off.

"Ah, the weather, doth become this fine day." Zestial says.

A cowboy demon comes out of a backdoor after a fight, and was about to go back in when he notices the three, and panics before fleeing.

"Sorry, boss!" The Cowboy shouts, and Jake quietly hisses.

"Indeed, looks like we might have some acid rain this afternoon!" Alastor agrees.

A demon, seeing Zestial, pouts gasoline over himself and sets himself on fire.

"If our lick doth hold!" Zestial smiles. "I do revel in the screams. How is Deadwood?" Zestial asks Jake.

"It's fine, nothing noteworthy to really say." Jake states.

Zestial begins walking down the street with Jake and Alastor as tons of demons spot them and hide, run, or avoid them from getting in their way.

"It has been an age since thou hath graced us thy presence." Zestial starts. "Some hath spun wild tales of you falling to, holy arms."

Jake chuckles as he lights up a cigarette. "I've just been on a resting period. I haven't been wake snakes, if you're wondering, but what I've been doing isn't sssssome pumpkins."

Alastor laughs. "Oh, I just took a well-earned sabbatical, nothing serious." He adjusts his bow tie and coat in a window reflection. "Though it's fun to keep everyone on their toes." He laughs as a laughing sound effect plays from his microphone.

Zestial chuckles. "There too hath been rumor of thys involvement with the princess and her recent flight of fancy. TELL ME." His cloak flares open briefly. "How does thou fall in such folly?"

Alastor spins his cane. "That is for me to know. But please, do guess. I'd love to know the theories!" He continues walking.

Jake cracks his fingers as he puffs out some smoke. "I'd have to agree with Alastor there, Zestial."

Zestial chuckles. "T-would be grandor folly by far to assume the workings of thys minds. Thou hath been naught but an enigma since thy manifested in this realm."

"Coming from someone as ancient as you." Alastor says. "I take that quite the compliment!"

"Huh, I guess I should say thank you?" Jake raises an eyebrow. "You've alwayssss confused me, Zestial."

Alastor, Zestial, Jake and the Egg Boiz walk into an alleyway with a row of lifts. The security camera spots the three, but Alastor's image glitches when the camera was on him.

Jake tosses his cigarette on the ground as the three Overlords get into one elevator.

The Egg Boiz attempt to follow, Alastor blocks them with his cane. "No, no. I have a very important task for you. Stay here and guard the front until Jake and I return."

The Egg Boiz salute and the lift begins its ascent.

"Oh, look. Frank is up there." An Egg Boi points to the lift, where one Egg Boi is inside, pounding on the glass.

"We have names?" Another Egg Boi asks.

The lift reaches the top of the building and opens, where Alastor, Zestial, Jake and Frank walk out. Frank watches as other Overlords come out of other lifts and go into another room.

Frank follows them in and stands near Alastor's seat, Jake sits a couple chairs down. Rosie, who's sitting between Alastor and Jake, turns to look at Frank and he waves. She smiles widely at him, showing her pointed, knife-like teeth. Frank hides behind Alastor's chair as another overlord walks to the head of the table.

Carmilla walks to the head of the table.

Carmilla walks to the head of the table

"Welcome, Hell sovereign overlords." Carmilla greets. "I've invited you all here because you represent the controlling powers of our city. Together, you own millions of souls. Souls at risk with the new Extermination schedule." She pounds a fist on a table. "We need to discuss what can be done to minimize the impact to our interest."

Zestial takes his seat.

Carmilla smiles. "Zestial, so good to see you, my friend."

Zestial summons a teacup and saucer. "Enchanted as always, Carmilla."

Carmilla notices Alastor. "Alastor?"

"Yes, I know I've been absent some time." Alastor starts. "I'm sure you've all been wondering!"

"Not really. But welcome back in any case."

Alastor narrows his eyes and looks offended in Carmilla's general direction.

Carmilla then turns her attention to the cowboy. "It's nice to see you Jake, had me worried with your absence. Kyria won't even tell me if you were alive or not."

Jake flicks his hat slightly up. "I've been taking a rest. Well needed one I might say."

Carmilla nods. "Well, welcome back, it's good to have you."

Jake gives her a nod.

Carmilla then goes into what this meeting is about. "This year's Extermination was brutal, far more even than years past. We have assessed that about 16% of the population was lost." A slide is projected on the wall behind her. "With the angelic legions now returning twice as quickly, I think it's prudent we-"

Carmilla is interrupted as Velvette opens the door and walks in, on the phone. "Yes, I've got it handled, Vox. Are you doubting me? Really? Me? That's what I thought." She laughs. "Yes, I know. They're all a joke." She laughs again. "Thank you. V. See you soon. Kisses, darling." She hangs up and sits down at the opposite end to Carmilla, next to Jake.

"Nice of you to join us, Velvette. Will your, colleagues be joining?"

"No, they have better shit to do than to listen to an old wingbag who thinks she's tough shit." Velvette insults, and Jake's tail lightly rattles. "I'm here to represent."

"Charming. So, as I was saying, we need to discuss-" Carmilla stops talking as Velvette waves her hand in the air. "Yes?"

"On the subject of discussion." Velvette takes out the head of an Exorcist and throws it onto the table. The other Overlords look at it and mutter to each other.

"Oh!" Alastor smiles. "Tasty."

"Interesting." Jake's black tongue flicks out for a second.

Carmilla narrows her eyes at Velvette. "Where did you get this?"

"We found it during Extermination day." Velvette informs. "If these Holy Rollers can be killed, the game has changed." She stands on top of the table. "We can take the fight to them. The boys and I have come up with a full assault plan."

Velvette stops talking and she and the other overlords look at Zestial, who is sipping his tea loudly and aggressively to drown out Velvette.

Zestial sets his tea cup down. "If it be true thee and thy colleagues desire to war with such meager proof, thou art fare more, foolish than I thought."

Velvette scoffs. "Meager proof? it's a dead fucking Exorcist. I'd say that's pretty fucking definitive. You going blind, old man?"

"We not know how this perished. Mayhaps t'was not by a demon's hand at all. If we rush to war without knowing mightn't they purge all of Hell for daring an uprising."

The other overlords mutter in agreement. Velvette notices Carmillia's expression and smiles.

"Oh, I get it." Velvette starts. "So Grandpa is too pussy to fight, so I guess there's no point, right?"

Jake slams a large knife, with a glowing white blade and red markings, onto the table. "Velvette, It'd be Barmy to even try and attack Heaven. When did you become so stupid."

"Oh, why don't you go and hide in your town, old man. I just think you've grown weak and worhtless!" Velvette snarls at Jake, and he narrows his fiery eyes at her. " So go back to Deadwood and hide for ten years again, why don'tcha! You and Zestial are too senile to make a real power grab for-"

Right before Velvette could continue, Carmillia slams her hand onto the table, expressing outrage while Singing.

"♫ You better show some respect!" Carmilla sings. "Check your behavior! No one speaks to Zestial and Jake that way! Did you expect us to sit back and take your, insolent brazen display? ♫"

Velvette laughs then starts rapping. "♫ You got it twisted! I'm not the one who needs a new attitude! Maybe you missed it, but I'm that #Bitch and I will do nothing less than what I please, whoo! I'm the backbone of the Vees. Mad that I acted respectless? Well, it's cause no one could respect this! ♫"

Velvette walks across the table. "♫ Sorry, group attendin'~ Since when are Overlords too scared to fight? You're long past trending! Sorry, bae, but I ain't swiping right! You've lost your relevance- ♫"

"♫ We can't act without more intelligence! ♫" Zestial sings.

"♫ Ugh! No wonder I'm so respectless! I could eat you lot for breakfast! ♫"

Jake slams his hands on the table and stands up. "♫ You need to check your tone. Or it could lead you dead as a bone. ♫"

Velvette walks over to Jake and raps. "♫ You're more dead as a bone, then I am. I used to look up and admire you. But now I see you are nothing more than a dead trend. ♫"

Jake's tail rattles "♫ Don't forget who got you to the place you are now. You would be nothing without my assistance. ♫"

The other Overlord's raise an eyebrow as they glance at Jake.

"♫ Just give up old man." Velvette raps. "You lost the fight before it even began! ♫"

Carmilla growls. "♫ You and the Vees are inane and uniformed! Smug wannabes who don't heed when you've been warned! ♫"

Velvette walks towards Carmillia. "♫ Oops! Did I strike a nerve? 'Cuase when I brought out the angel's head,-" She tosses the head across the table. "-couldn't held but observe, that your wrinkled face was turning red! And why are you avoiding war? That's what the guns you see are for! Thanks to my being respectless, one thing I'm startin' to suspect is.♫"

Velvette gets into Carmillia's face. "♫ You know why this angel's headless! Do you have a disclosure? ♫"

"♫ This meeting's over! ♫"

Both Carmine and Velvette glare at each other. The other Overlords, minus Jake, are all staring at Carmilla and Velvette. Jake's leaning back in his chair with his hat over his eyes as he takes his knife out of the table and back into its holster on his left hip.

Alastor finally decides to break the silence. "That was a productive meeting."

"Hm. Fine." Velvette heads for the door. "Safe travels back to the nursing home, fuckers!" She flips everyone off as she leaves. "Kiss my arse!"

Zeezi scoffs. "What the hell? We literally just got here!"

Odette turns to Carmilla. "Mother?"

THe Overlords all begin to get up and leave. All of them walk back towards the lift except for Carmilla, Odette, Clara and Zestial, who got into another room.

Jake leans on a nearby window as he looks out it, a lit cigar in his mouth.

Alastor notices Carmill and Zestial walk off into the other room. "Hmm. Well that's interesting." He points at Frank with his cane. "You, little egg creature. I have a job for you."

"Oh. Yes, boss!" Frank responds.

"Follow them!"

Frank salutes and runs after the overlords who went into another room.

.

.

Vaggie, Charlie and Angel are stadning in a BDSM sex dungeon. Slapping noises comes in from the background. Angel is looking satisfied with himself, Charlie is looking incredibly shocked, and Vaggie looks angry.

"Angel!" Vaggie shouts. "What the actual fuck?!"

"No activity requires more trust than BDSM, baby." Angel states. "No bond stronger then those formed through bondage! That's their motto!"

Angel points to a poster on the wall, which does indeed read "No bond stronger than those formed through bondage".

"Angel, love the enthusiasm." Charlie nervously chuckle. "But, umm, uh, hmmm."

"What makes you think anyone would be into this?" Vaggie asks.

Off to the side Husk is purring as he gets a back message. "You know, I- I don't hate this." He chuckles.

Niffty jumps onto a seat near Husk, wearing a dominance outfit. "I'm ready to punish some bad boys!" She giggles.

Seeing Niffty and her outfit makes Husk give up. "Never mind, I-I'm out." He gets up.

A demon with snake hair comes up behind Charlie and starts giving her a massage. Other demons begin coming towards Charlie and rubbing themselves against her.

"Okay, hello there." Charlie greets. "Hi. Um. Hm. Hm."

Vaggie pulls Charlie away from the other demons. "Ugh! I can't fucking believe I let you drag us here, Angel. This is disgusting."

"It's no big deal, Vaggie. You know, maybe I can just help, uh-"

"No. I told you, you could trust men, and I'm not going to let you down." Vaggie walks away from Charlie. "I just need to teach them, the way was taught."

As she said this, Vaggie smiles with excitement when she has the perfect trust exercise for all of them."

.

.

The group stands on a rooftop with half-destroyed buildings all around them. Everyone was shocked that the exercise has taken them to a live turf war battlefield with guns blazing in the background, demons screaming, and explosions booming.

Charlie then shouts over the other demons' screaming. "THIS IS HOW YOU LEARNED TO TRUST PEOPLE?!"

On the ground, demons are shooting each other, brawling with weapons, and one demon was on fire, screaming while others are still enjoying the carnage.

"Yee-haw!'

"Let's go, baby!"

"Bring it on, Bitch!"

Back at the rooftop, Vaggie makes a drill sergeant march, and speaks in a drill sergeant style. "There is nothing stronger than the trust between comrades in arms. Buckle up, buttercups, because today you boys become men!"

There is a loud explosion in the background, sending a shockwave that sways Vaggie's hair with a satisfying smile. Vaggie advances on Pentious.

"You." Vaggie picks up the Snake Demon.

"Wait, wait!" Sir Pentious shouts. "I can't fight without my minions-"

"Are gonna survive together!"

Vaggie throws Sir Pentious off the building before turning to Angel Dust. "And you."

"D-Don't you even think about it-" Angel starts.

As part of their trust exercise and Angel's punishement for the BDSM sex dungeon suggestion, Vaggie takes Angel up and throws him of the roof.

"Are gonna make this hotel work!"

Niffty bonces next to Vaggie, her arms raised with excitement, and psychotically smiling with anticipation. "My turn, my turn!"

Vaggie picks up Niffty as Husk goes back into the inside of the building, not wanting to get involved and realizing how far this exercise has gone. Vaggie goes to throw Niffty, nut Charlie snatches her up before she can.

"Vaggie!" Charlie shouts. "No!"

"This is the only way they'll learn, Charlie." Vaggie states.

"No, it's not." Charlie put Niffty down. "There are other ways. It just takes time!"

As Charlie talks to Vaggie, Niffty looks back at Charlie, asking to be lifted. When Charlie ignores her, Niffty jumps off of the building herself. Angel, Sir Pentious and Niffty can be heard fighting other demons.

"Time we don't have!" Vaggie starts. "How many Exterminations will have gone by before these idiots get their shit together? How many times will we have to watch your people be killed before we make headway?" She turns away from Charlie.

"Vaggie." Charlie calls out.

"I took charge today and it all went sideways. I'm supposed to make your dreams a reality. I'm supposed to protect you." Vaggie takes Charlie by the shoulders. "I'm supposed to never fail you. "She goes back to the edge of the rooftops.

Angel can be heard from the ground. "I blame you for this, you crazy bitch!"

"You didn't fail me, Vaggie." Charlie walks up beside Vaggie. "Vaggie, you're not- you're nor-"

"If I can't help you, what's the point of me?"

Charlie gasps. "Vaggie, don't say that! You do so much! It's-"

"I'm sorry. I'd, I'd like to be alone for a minute."

As Charlie walks to the other side of the rooftop, an Exhaisted Angel comes out of the door, carrying a battered, but intact Sir Pentious, before he throws him onto the roof.

"Made it!" Angel says in exhaustion.

Charlie walks to the door. "Let's go home, guys."

"Ugh! I just walked up all those stairs!"

As Angel pulls Sir Pentious, by the tail, back down the stairs, Vaggie stays on the rooftop by herself.

.

.

Carmilla, Odette, Clara, and Zestial all are in a room together, with Frank spying on them from behind a potted plant. Carmilla mutters in Spanish as she pours herself a drink, before beginning to down the bottle instead of the glass she poured for herself.

"Carmilla, what trouble thou?" Zestial asks. "Losing thy composure is unlike thee."

Carmilla sighs. "It's nothing, Zestial, really."

"The felled angel, t'was by thy hand, was it not?"

"Let's not talk about it."

"Mom, maybe he should know." Clara calls out.

Carmilla slams her hands on her desk "Nobody should know. I did what I had to do. I am not discussing this." She sits down at her desk.

Zestial lays a hand on Carmilla's shoulder and starts to sing. "♫ What wights on your soul, old friend? I implore you to share the load! If it was thou who slew the angel, why not let your strength be known? ♫"

Carmillia then sings as she stands up from her desk. "♫I always thought. That I would keep blood off my face. But when that thing attacked, i had to act, to cross that line and keep them safe. ♫

♫But if anyone knoew, then all of Hell would rise to war, and who's to say? Who'd survive the fray? I might lose the ones that I'd been killing for!♫"

"♫ So, I'll-" Clara and Oddete go over to Carmilla and she wraps her arms around them. "I'll be your keeper! Do whatever it takes, I'll make the mistakes! I'll keep you safe and keep this secret. ♫"

Then over at the Hotel Vaggie looks up at it, then starts to climb as she sings.

"♫ When I saw your face, you made me feel like a stranger in a brand new place. And it felt so good to be understood! But there's so much I wished that I could say. ♫"

Vaggie then jumps onto the crows nest of a broken ship on the side of the hotel. "♫ So I~ I'll be your armor. Do whatever it takes, I'll make the mistakes. I'll spend my life being your partner."

Carmilla then sings. "♫ And I don't know what we might face. But I know I can't replace you. So I'll do anything to save you! ♫"

Vaggie then sings. "♫ And will make your dreams come true. ♫"

Then they duet. "♫ Whatever we go through. I Know I~ I'll be your keeper/I'll be your armor. Whatever it takes. I'll make the mistakes. Whatever it takes. ♫"

.

.

Outside Carmilla's business the Egg Boiz are scavenging for weapons, aprts, and garbage in a dumpster.

"Oooj, this one smells like fun." An Egg Boi laughs. "Oh, I love garbage."

Jake leans on the wall next to Alastor, glaring at the ground as a cigarette hangs from his mouth.

The elevator door rings, and Frank steps out. He's about to join the others when Alastor stops him.

"So, what did you hear?" Alastor asks Frank.

Frank then begins to explain. "First, the old guy w-was all, 'You're not yourself. You're the one who killed the angel.' a-a-and, she was all, '♫ Whatever it takes ♫'."

"And then what was that last thing?"

"She killed the angle?"

"Interesting. Lets keep this between us-" Alastor makes an evil grin and the space around him goes static. "-Shall we?"

"You got it, boss." Frank salutes.

"So angelssss can be killed, huh?" Jake mutters, then an evil grin forms on his face as his eyes burn with malicious intent.

Back at the hotel, Charlie looks down after a disastrous trust exercise. Vaggie walks over to her.

"Hey." Vaggie waves.

"Hey." Charlie waves back.

Vaggie sighs. "I'm sorry I got so crazy today."

Charlie grabs Vaggie's hand. "No, no, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I put pressure on you. We work as a team. I guess I just thought all this would be easier, but, we'll figure it out, together. I mean, look what your exercise did for them."

Down in the parlor Angel, Pentious, and Niffty are laughing amongst themselves after one crazy battle against the demons in the turf war.

Angel laughs. "And then, when that buff guy started beating the shitoutta you!"

Sir Pentious laughs. "Yes, and with the dismembered arm." He laughs again. "Yes, that was particularly unpleasant." He says dejectedly.

Niffty giggles. "I liked that part." She giggles again.

Husk then speaks up. "Well, hey, at least you can take a beating like a champ." He goes over to Sir Pentious and pats him. "You did okay, new kid."

"Really?" Pentious asks. "Oh well, I suppose I did get into a little of the old rough tumble today." He laughs. "And uh, thank you for pulling me out of there."

Everyone laughs with enjoyment, but Niffty had to ruin the moment when she started to manically laugh evilly in front of her peets, and the guys stopped after hearing her laughter turning sadistic.

Vaggie smiles. "Well, how about that?"

The front door opens, and the two Overlords enter the hotel with the Egg Boiz minions tailing them.

Vaggie notices and calls out to them. "Alastor, Jake. Failed to get rid of the eggs, I see."

"Yes, well, the little monsters prove to be rather useful." Alastor evilly grins and Jake nods with him.

"Why don't you give them back to Pentious."

Upon hearing this, Pentious gets teary. "Really?"

"Yeah." Vaggie starts. "After today, I guess I can trust you with them. But seriously, no more weapons."

Pentious gets emotional and slithers down to hug his Egg Boiz as Alastor and Jake walk away. "Ahhh! My eggs! Yay. Ah, it's so good to have you back." He drops the Egg Boiz. "Now, go clean my quarters this instant!"

At his command, the Egg Boiz immediately scatter away as Charlie and Vaggie watch them leave.

"Maybe, thins'll move faster than you think." Charlie says to Vaggie.

.

.

At the end of the day, Pentious is getting ready for bed with his Egg Boiz in tow.

"Ah!" Pentious lays in bed. "How was your day with Alastor and Jake, my minions?"

"It was awesome, boss." Frank starts. "I went to this meeting and there was a knife lady, an old guy, and a dinosaur."

"Mmm, that's nice."

"And the knife lady killed an angel, and I was not supposed to talk about it."

"Oh, I'm sure and maybe you'll meet Martians tomorrow, but now is the time for sleep. Good Night Eggies."

The Egg Boiz roll over to Sir Pentious and cuddle together as Frank yawns to sleep, while everyone was completely oblivious to the whole ting.

In another part of the hotel Jake enters his room, which is styled to look like an old hunting cabin.

He takes off his hat and tosses it onto a chair as he rubs his horns. he then takes off his coat and throws it onto the mounted head of a deer demon.

He sits down on his bed with a dangerous smile. "If I were to guess, Angels can only be killed with Angelic weapons... It's the only way Sinners can be killed, so maybe it's the same for angels." His smile grows larger. "Looks like Mustang will get her fill of golden blood."

Jake takes off his holster and throws them to the side, they hit a book case and several books fall from it. Jake groans in frustration and stands up and walks over to them.

Jake starts picking up the books and placing them back onto the shelf, but then he finds a photo under one of the books.

Jake hums as he picks up the photo. It's a photo of a Velvette, looking a bit different, and Jake. Jake looks away in the camera, clearly annoyed as Velvette takes a selfie with him, there's a large smile on her face.

Jake stares at the photo, before he snarls and his tail rattles. "Vel, will learn respect one way or another!" His eyes catch on fire.

He sets the photo onto the book shelf and walks away. Part of the photo hangs off the side and a little wind blows it up revealing some writing.

"Taking Jake out to lunch! He works too hard and deserves it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-12-2024

6027 words

4