Chapter 14: Mu Guo’s hunt for exp
98 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg].

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 14: Mu Guo's hunt for exp.

_________________________________

"Ffuu." Lin An sighed with relief and looked at the dead lion.

Lin An looked at her hands, which were trembling. She was also afraid, like others, but she was more afraid of losing her friends, which allowed her to go on.

Everyone snapped out of their fear, looking at the dead lion.

Lin An killed the lion in less than a minute, without waiting for others to react.

"Good job." Coach Mei said appreciatively while moving back to hide.

She arrived a little too close to stop the lion from killing anyone.

But no one found her, as they shook in fear.

"Everyone, are you okay?" Lin An asked softly, like always.

Everyone looked at her in shock, as now they were in a normal state; they understood what kind of thing she did.

"You are awesome, An."

"Why are you hiding your strength?"

"Do you want to act like a pig and eat a tiger?"

"…."

"…"

Everyone forgot about their fear and surrounded Lin An.

"I am sorry." Lin Hua said, feeling her face hot due to shame.

Lin Hua failed to lead her team properly and almost got everyone killed if it weren't for Lin An.

"It's okay."

"We are at fault."

"If we had decided to find shelter like you told us, this wouldn't have happened."

"Talking about lion."

"Yea, Lin De."

".."

Everyone ran towards Lin De angrily and beat him up.

"AHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!"

"Do you know we almost died due to you?"

"…"

"AHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!."

Lin Da, Lin Hua, Lin Yi, and the other kids didn't stop; they

kept beating Lin De for a few minutes.

Only Lin An didn't beat poor Lin De. After a few moments, everyone stopped feeling tired.

Lin De's face and nose swelled, and his eyes turned black due to the beating.

'Poor kid, it is his fault for not learning tracking technique properly, but you all will have to meet a ferocious animal like that soon or later anyway.' Coach Mei thought, feeling a little pity for Lin De.

"We will listen to you from now on." Lin Hua said seriously, looking at the silent Lin An.

"No, no, I don't like being a leader," Lin An rejected immediately, waving her hands.

------

On the other side, on someone's team.

[Ding! You used the 'Basic Saber Technique']

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -100 HP

You killed a Red pheasant!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Saber Technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -100 HP

You killed a Red pheasant!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Saber Technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -100 HP

You killed a Red pheasant!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

--------

----

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Saber Technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -100 HP

You killed a Red pheasant!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

A bloody blade rose up to the sky as a red pheasant's head fell to the ground. The pheasant's body was red; hence, they were called red pheasants. 

Unlike pheasants in Lei Chang's previous life, they have strong legs and beaks, which could even break rocks.

Slice! Slice!

The blade was rising up and down as it was cutting pheasants like grass; pheasants didn't dare to attack back; they all ran away. Even with their strong legs and beaks, they are still cowards.

"Go, Leader Mao."

"Go, kill them all."

"Go, go, go."

"…"

"…"

All the kids supported Mu Guo as he was beheading pheasants.

'So much exp, I want it.' Lin Tu thought, feeling itchy for the exp, but he knew that Mu Guo wouldn't allow him or anyone to kill those easy exp-gain pheasants.

"Hhah, so much exp." Mu Guo laughed, feeling so excited that he was having the day of his life.

Slice! Slice!

Soon, he killed all the pheasants. 

"Good, collect their bodies and clean them for eating." Mu Guo said, looking happily at his exp gain.

"Sure, boss Mu."

"Yes, boss Mu."

"…"

"…"

Everyone obeyed the command of their leader and started cleaning pheasants for eating.

"Coooo."

Just as everyone began cleaning pheasants, a large bird-like roar echoed throughout the air.

Everyone turned to look in the direction from which the sound echoed.

Mu Guo and his team spotted a huge pheasant, which was almost twice the ordinary red pheasant that he killed.

[ Red Pheasant King

 {Mortal Level}

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 350/350

 Strength: 33 

 Agility: 28

 Defence:28 

 Constitution: 35

 Vitality: 32 ]

Mu Guo looked at his status and laughed.

[ Name: Mu Guo

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 150/150

 Strength: 48 (+2) 

 Agility: 24 

 Defence: 37 (+3)

 Constitution: 15

 Vitality: 19 ]

"Killing this pheasant would yield 1 exp. Excellent, Lei Chang! Just wait; I will dethrone your brother by becoming the first genius." Mu Guo thought with a calculating smile, anticipating the exp he would accrue this month.

He believed this survival trial was just for gaining exp.

"What's now, boss Mu?" 

"Boss, shall we run?"

"Should we gang up on it?"

"Let's kill it, boss."

"…."

Mu Guo's members were asking for his decision while looking at the pheasant king, who was rushing towards them.

"Hhahah, step back. It's exp is mine." Mu Guo said while laughing crazily as he ran towards the pheasant king.

"Cooo."

The pheasant king continued to charge at Mu Guo, but he stopped at a certain distance so that it would take time for the pheasant king to hit him.

Mu Guo drew his saber and bent his body, taking his right foot back. He held his saber horizontally at the height of his face with both hands; the blade was pointing to the right side; the distance between the saber and his face was the arm's distance.

"Cooo," The pheasant king arrived in front of Mu Guo and tried to hit his head with its beak.

[ Ding! 'Strong Beak Strike' activated ]

"Be careful, boss."

"Dodge boss."

"…."

Mu Guo's gang was afraid because the pheasants' beaks were powerful enough to break rocks, much less the pheasant king.

Coach Fang, who was just nearby looking at Mu Guo and the pheasant king, stopped hiding and rushed out to protect Mu Guo.

If the pheasant king's beak hits Mu Guo, then he is dead!

'This idiot is trying to look like a power saber wielder, huh! You will die.' Coach Fang thought angrily, feeling that he should beat the crap out of Mu Guo to break his arrogance.

Pheasant also gained momentum from running, increasing its power.

[ You activated your innate ability, 'Mighty Saber' ]

[ Innate Ability: Mighty Saber {Mortal}

Mighty Saber {Mortal}: Allows the user to wield the saber like an expert, increases the skill in using the saber, and grants a tremendous boost to combat powers while holding the saber in hand.

Triple Boost in Strength; Agility; Defence ]
----

[ Name: Mu Guo

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 150/150

 Strength: 48 (+2) {↑144}

 Agility: 24 {↑72}

 Defence: 37 (+3) {↑111}

 Constitution: 15 

 Vitality: 19 ]

"Wait, what's that?" Coach Fang muttered, feeling shocked as Mu Guo's saber shone with white light.

Slice!

A blade light appeared!

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Saber Technique' ]

The pheasant king's head flew into the air, and its body fell to the ground.

Mu Guo made a left-ward horizontal slice with his saber, beheading the pheasant king's head before it could even touch Mu Guo.

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -350 HP

You killed the Red Pheasant King!

You gained 1 Exp ]

"An innate ability." Coach Fang muttered, understanding the reason behind Mu Guo's arrogance.

"You don't need to help us, Coach. If anyone requires your help, it will be only the training freak and that fatty who follows Lei Chang's butt." Mu Guo said arrogantly, wiping blood off his blade.

"Tch! Just having an innate ability doesn't mean you are powerful; well, whatever. I am leaving." Coach Fang said seriously, leaving the area.

Coach Fang left the area, and everyone remained silent, staring at the serious coach Fang.

"Awesome boss."

"As expected of boss Mu."

"…"

".."

Everyone praised Mu Guo after Coach Fang left; he just smiled, hearing their praises while placing his saber back on his hip.

"Boss Mu, how about letting us gain exp by killing ?" Lin Fu asked nervously, looking at a happy Mu Guo.

Everyone looked hopefully at Mu Guo for his answer.

"No, I need exp points more than you do. You better don't come in my way." Mu Guo warned seriously, wanting to gain massive exp in this trial.

"Why don't I think you are the only one who can hunt? If you don't allow us to gain exp, Bo, Fu, and I will leave the team." Lin Li shouted angrily, looking at Mu Guo, whose face turned gloomy.

"Okay, wait, I will give you some exp." Mu Guo said after thinking for a moment.

[ Ding! You shared an exp of 0.2 ]

----

[ Ding! You shared an exp of 0.2 ]

--------

[ Ding! You shared an exp of 0.2 ]

"Thanks, boss."

"Thanks."

".."

"Hmm, that's fine."

"Okay, let's stay, Li."

Everyone was happy instantly, and Lin Bo and Lin Fu stopped Lin Li from leaving the team.

'As expected, if I give more exp, they will work for me. Also, I need to make sure they survive until the end.' Mu Guo thought, looking at their happy faces.

"It looks like this kid Guo knows about team leaders getting more exp." Coach Fang said smilingly, remembering another survival trial in which Lei Chang's brother participated.

This survival trial is not just for survival; it tests many kinds of skills. 

The team formation after entering the Mist Mountain Forest is not a last-minute decision. It is done every time a survival trial is held.

The team leader will get more exp points for leading a team, and also, the more members survive until the end, the more exp he gets.

The fact about team leaders gaining more experience is hidden because if kids knew, they would instantly go for a team leader position. 

Mu Guo knew because his brother repeatedly told him how he couldn't keep his team members until the end and lost exp.

Mu Guo's brother purposefully told him this fact for a deal, which is 40% of the total exp he gets.

Others won't inform siblings or kids about this fact because if they fail as team leaders, then their face image will be lost! 

Only those who are confident in their kids or siblings will reveal this hidden fact.

Lei Chang also knew about team leaders gaining more exp and more exp for leading more members, but this was not important to him. Most important is that 'chance,' but it cannot be shared between many, which means the fewer kids, the better.

Mu Guo's team began to clean pheasants for eating.

Team Lin Mao. -------

Lin Mao and his group are sitting in a cave that is more than fifteen meters deep.

After more than two hours, every team separated from each other. Lin Mao's team found a cave suitable for shelter.

"Boss Mao, how was the city?" Lin Mu asked excitedly, dreaming of city life. 

Everyone was looking at Lin Mao with excitement; they had heard that living in the city was very comfortable, and they didn't have to worry about their safety from powerful ghosts at night.

"It is quite good, very comfortable, and different from our village. City walls are higher than five hundred meters, and the city is always covered with multiple formations, unlike our village, which activates formation only at night."

"And the houses in the city are proper houses, unlike the wood and stone houses we have..." Lin Mao continued to explain about the city while using his hands to indicate some things. No one noticed that Lin Mao's eyes had a little hint of sadness.

Everyone was listening intently, realizing they might never have the opportunity to live in a city their entire lives.

Lin Mao was sent to the 'Divine Elephant Martial Gym' in the city right after he had absorbed 'Rebirth Divine Liquid'.

He had returned to the mist village after three years to participate in the survival trial under his father's command.

After they listened to Lin Mao's narration, they began planning.

"Mao, what about food and water?" A cute-looking girl with dimples asked seriously; now they have a place as a shelter. They only need food and water.

"We will hunt."

"Hunting, no other option."

"We can use traps to catch animals."

"…"

"…"

Everyone suggested what they should do and finally looked at Lin Mao for a decision.

"We will first find water, then food." Lin Mao said, looking at the group.

"Where should we start?" A boy with short hair asked confusedly.

Everyone also looked at Lin Mao, as they didn't have any idea where to search for water.

End of the chapter. _______________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

6