Chapter 15: Lin Mao’s Team.
104 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 15: Lin Mao's Team.

_________________________________

Everyone also looked at Lin Mao, as they didn't have any idea where to search for water.

"Find an animal and then follow it." Lin Mao explained the method of finding water.

"Good."

"Okay."

"…"

Everyone quickly got ready and went out to search for the animals.

The cave has a two-meter entrance. Lin Mao covered it with leaves and rocks so that no animals would enter it.

Soon, everyone went different ways so that they could easily find an animal.

After a few hours. ----------

"There it is." The dimple girl said to another, pointing to the white rabbit eating a carrot under a tree.

"Jie, let's follow it." The girl with brown hair said, looking in the direction Lin Jie pointed.

"Okay, Yin." Lin Jie said silently as she and Lin Yin slowly walked toward the rabbit.

The rabbit didn't know that it was being watched.

The rabbit ate the carrot and then played under the tree for some time.

After playing for some time rabbit slowly left the area, Lin Yin and Lin Jie followed behind.

After following the rabbit for a few hours, they found the small pond where some animals were drinking water from it.

Slowly, Lin Yin and Lin Jie left the area, remembering the way.

Lin Mao's place. -----

Two kids were hiding behind a tree and looking at the group of foxes playing on the plain field in front of them. The foxes are the size of an ordinary wolf, but they retain a cute appearance.

"There is a fox group, boss." A pale boy said excitedly, looking at the group fox sleeping on the ground.

"Shi, I can see them." Lin Mao said angrily, as his face twitched.

[ Orange Fox

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 220/220

 Strength: 21

 Agility: 24

 Defence: 18 

 Constitution: 22

 Vitality: 25 ]

----

[ Orange Fox

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 210/210

 Strength: 19

 Agility: 21

 Defence: 16 

 Constitution: 21

 Vitality: 22 ]

----

[ Orange Fox

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 220/220

 Strength: 22

 Agility: 24

 Defence: 15 

 Constitution: 22

 Vitality: 26 ]

-----

---------

[ Orange Fox

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 250/250

 Strength: 24

 Agility: 26

 Defence: 21 

 Constitution: 25

 Vitality: 29 ]

Lin Mao checked the status of the foxes and went to check his status.

[ Name: Lin Mao

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 180/180

 Strength: 54 (+2) 

 Agility: 26

 Defence: 42 (+3)

 Constitution: 18

 Vitality: 18 ]

Lin Mao cracked his knuckles and made fists as he rushed towards the foxes.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Fist technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

Lin Mao killed the fox in a single move by punching it, and he continued to kill more by punching and kicking them.

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Fist technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

--------

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Fist technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Fist technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

[ Ding! You used 'Basic Fist technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

"Roar." By the time the foxes reacted and started running, Lin Mao had already killed seven of them.

Lin Shi, who was hiding, also ran out to help Lin Mao.

[ Name: Lin Shi

 Body Realm: Mortal 

 {Rank 0 Status}

 HP: 140/140

 Strength: 34 (+2) 

 Agility: 19

 Defence: 28 (+3)

 Constitution: 14

 Vitality: 16 ]

Slice! Slice!

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Sword technique' ]

[ Ding! You attacked the orange Fox

-150HP ]

[ Ding!

 -150 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

Lin Shi was not as powerful as Lin Mao, so he couldn't kill the fox in a single attack. He took two attacks to kill a single fox.

The foxes were cute in appearance, which is why Lin Shi was not afraid like others.

-------

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Sword technique' ]

[ Ding! You attacked the orange Fox

-150HP ]

[ Ding! 

 -150 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----------

-----

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Sword technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Sword technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

 -300 HP

You killed an Orange Fox!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

---------

Boom! Boom!

Lin Shi used his sword to kill the foxes, while Lin Mao punched them to death.

Quickly, Lin Mao and Lin Shi finished off the foxes.

"Where is their leader?" Lin Mao muttered doubtfully, not finding their leader.

"I cannot find its leader, Boss." Lin Shi said after looking around carefully.

Lin Mao and Lin Shi went to clean the bodies and cut off the edible meat.

While Lin Shi and Lin Mao were doing their work, a big orange fox was hiding behind a huge rock and looking at them with its cold eyes.

After Lin Mao and Lin Shi cut off the edible meat and left, the orange fox came out.

This orange fox was double in size compared to the foxes that Lin Mao and Lin Shi killed.

Even though it was big, it couldn't hide its cuteness.

[ Orange King Fox

{Mortal Level}

 HP: 500/500

 Strength: 40

 Agility: 28

 Defence: 35 

 Constitution: 50

 Vitality: 32 ]

'Ho, this fox is quite intelligent.' Coach Chen thought, looking at the fox king who was hiding.

Coach Chen personally came to look after Lin Mao, as he has a unique physique.

He didn't kill the fox king since it was less than an ant to him.

Fox King was just a mortal, so it couldn't sense Coach Chen. It took a one last angry look at Lin Mao and Lin Shi while leaving.

Neither Coach Chen, Lin Mao, nor Lin Shi would have expected that this fox king would do something unbelievably terrible, which would almost kill these kids!

Soon, Lin Mao and his team met in their cave and discussed their plans.

"We have food."

"Shelter and water."

"So, we have to sit here and survive."

"Once in a while, we divide to hunt animals for food."

"…"

Lin Mao's team planned perfectly and prepared everything for survival, and his team was the first to get everything essential for survival.

"Don't forget the talisman." Lin Mao solemnly said he didn't forget the fearsome abilities of ghosts, as he understood even more about them after going to the city.

Soon, Lin Mao and his team placed the talisman at the cave entrance.

Lei Chang's team. ------------

A few hours ago.

Lei Chang and Xu Long cut off the edible meat from the deer king.

"Crazy Chang, we still have to find water and shelter." Xu Long said, holding his chin, trying to think of a way to find them.

"First, let's look for water." Lei Chang said, taking off the huge leaves from the trees.

They packed the meat in the huge leaves and carried them.

'This deer horde should have drank water this day; following its footprints might lead to a water source.' Lei Chang thought while looking at the footprints.

Lei Chang followed the footprints of the deer and waved at Xu Long, indicating him to follow.

There are many footprints on the ground; they are also very messy, left, right, and irregular, due to them running away from Lei Chang fearfully.

On the side, there are clean footprints in a batch; they are the footprints from the time the deer horde came here.

Soon, Lei Chang and Xu Long followed the footprints.

The footprints were cut in between due to muddy ground and little water, but after looking around, they could find the gaps.

Soon, they found a stream of water. First, they washed the meat, taking a little bit of water.

Lei Chang took a small piece of wood and other materials to make a fire, then they cooked the meat.

Making a fire with wood is not a major thing in this world. In many other novels, when MC makes a fire with wood, everyone is shocked and makes an unbelievable expression.

This world had long discovered fire, even before cultivation and human life came into existence!

Lei Chang and Xu Long, along with other kids, have long been taught by Mist Village elders to make fire with wood in case of emergencies.

Then they continued to look for a shelter for hours, but they weren't lucky enough to find one.

"What to do now?" Xu Long asked, looking at the cloudy sky.

"It should be raining soon; let's go back to the stream." Lei Chang said, deciding to stop finding the shelter.

Soon, they returned to the stream of water. He believed that being near a stream of water was better.

"We will build a shelter ourselves." Lei Chang said, thinking that finding a natural shelter would take a lot of time.

They soon built a tree house with wood and leaves.

As they were not experts in building a tree house, they took their time. Lei Chang and Xu Long made many mistakes in the middle, but they quickly corrected them.

The treehouse was not so beautiful and big; it was just enough to house two of them.

Sunset began as the forest was getting darker.

'So beautiful.' Lei Chang thought, looking at the sky.

He never had the time to appreciate the beauty of nature as he was busy with training.

Xu Long was also looking at the beautiful sunset.

Lei Chang felt very relaxed now due to forgetting about everything and focusing only on one thing.

Patter! Patter!

The rainfall began as small drops of water fell on the ground.

Lei Chang and Xu Long climbed and entered the treehouse, taking shelter from the rain.

Lei Chang and Xu Long placed the two talismans on the treehouse so the ghosts wouldn't appear near the treehouse.

This talisman is the Ghost-Repel Talisman!

The Ghost-Repel talisman handed over to kids by Mist Village is just a rank 1 peak-level talisman.

It has a length of three inches and a width of three inches, and it is easy to hold.

The talisman shone in a light gold colour and had a halo around it after activating.

If people from Lei Chang's previous life were to take a look, they would believe that they had an eye problem.

Lei Chang and Xu Long didn't eat anything in the morning. So, they quickly ate the meat and slept.

"Splendid, Xiao Chang and Xiao Long did very well on the first day." Coach Zhu muttered appreciatively while wondering about other groups.

Lin Hua's team. -------------

"Good, you found the water source." Lin Hua said, appreciating Lin De as he was useful this time.

Even though Lin De caused a problem for the team by finding the lion in the morning, he successfully found the water, this time with his skills.

Luckily, Lin Hua and his team found a wooden house when Lin De was trying to find a water source, which was enough for her team.

They hurried back to the wooden house with some water as it was raining.

"Good; though the start was tough, they managed to find all the essentials." Coach Mei said, looking at the running kids on the ground.

Mu Guo's Team. ------------

Mu Guo spent the entire time killing animals, so he spotted a cave while trying to look for strong animals like tigers and lions to kill.

But his team wasn't lucky to find water.

"Boss, how about water?" Lin Li asked softly, feeling happy about her exp gain.

"It is raining now; collect some rainwater and heat it after it fills, to drink." Mu Guo said calmly, looking at his exp bank.

[ Exp Bank: 21 ]

This is the amount of exp that Mu Guo earned in one day, which would normally take one year with training.

As per Mu Guo, his team collected the rainwater and heated it to drink.

The elders also told them about this method.

Mu Guo and his team placed a ghost-repel talisman right after they found the cave.

Chu Li's team. -----

Back to the time when they separated from everyone.

"First, we have to find water." Chu Li said, planning after thinking for a long time.

"Okay, Leader Li."

"Sure."

"…"

Everyone agreed right away with Chu Li after she said her plan, unlike Lin Hua.

Chu Li and her team looked at the sky for a long time.

They stopped after spotting a bird. Chu Li and her team followed the bird for a long time.

End of the chapter. __________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

6