Chapter 16: A team is eliminated
116 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surpassing the original protagonist [Litrpg]

Volume Ⅰ: Beginning.

Arc Ⅱ: Survival Trial.

Chapter 16: A team is eliminated.

_________________________________

 

Mu Guo and his team placed a ghost-repel talisman right after they found the cave.

Chu Li’s team. -----

Back to the time when they separated from everyone.

“First, we have to find water.” Chu Li said, planning after thinking for a long time.

“Okay, Leader Li.”

“Sure.”

“…”

Everyone agreed right away with Chu Li after she said her plan, unlike Lin Hua.

Chu Li and her team looked at the sky for a long time.

They stopped after spotting a bird. Chu Li and her team followed the bird for a long time.

They arrived at the lake of water when they felt tired.

This was Chu Li’s plan!

“Now, let’s kill some animals here for food.” Chu Li said sternly, looking at the group of sheep drinking water from the lake.

[ Ordinary Sheep

{Mortal Level}

HP: 120/120

Strength: 14

Agility: 16

Defence: 12

Constitution: 12

Vitality: 18 ]

----

[ Ordinary Sheep

{Mortal Level}

HP: 140/140

Strength: 17

Agility: 15

Defence: 14

Constitution: 14

Vitality: 18 ]

----

------

[ Ordinary Sheep

{Mortal Level}

HP: 160/160

Strength: 16

Agility: 17

Defence: 15

Constitution: 16

Vitality: 19 ]

----

------

[ Name: Chu Li

Body Realm: Mortal

{Rank 0 Status}

HP: 130/130

Strength: 34 (+2)

Agility: 25

Defence: 28

Constitution: 13

Vitality: 18 ]

Chu Li checked the status of the sheep and her status while running to kill the sheep with her sword.

Slice!

[ Ding! You used the ‘Basic Sword Technique’ ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

-220 HP

You killed an ordinary sheep!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

Chu Li beheaded a sheep with a single strike. The sheep were not creatures with the ability to fight back, so they were hunted down by her group easily; some sheep tried to run away but were quickly caught up.

Sheep were also not ferocious in appearance, which is why no one was afraid of sheep. They simply massacred sheep for food and exp.

[ Ding! You used the ‘Basic Sword Technique’ ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

-200 HP

You killed an ordinary sheep!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

[ Ding! You used the ‘Basic Sword Technique’ ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

-190 HP

You killed an ordinary sheep!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! You used the ‘Basic Sword Technique’ ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

-290 HP

You killed an ordinary sheep!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

------

---

[ Ding! You used the ‘Basic Sword Technique’ ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

-290 HP

You killed an ordinary sheep!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

‘Looks like there was no king or queen among them.’ Chu Lin thought, feeling pity since the king or queen would provide a lot of meat to eat.

“Good, we got food and water; now, only shelter remains.” Chu Li said plainly, looking at the dead bodies of sheep.

Everyone was happy with their exp gain and cleaned the dead bodies for edible meat.

After searching for a while, they found a place that was covered by rocks on all sides with a little space to enter.

An overhang which can provide shelter!

It was not so deep, but it was enough to protect their team.

Chu Li’s team was successful enough to find all the essential things as others.

“Good teamwork; this team could survive until the end if they follow like this.” Coach Zhi said plainly, looking at the kids.

Patter! Patter!

The water drops fell to the ground.

“We were lucky enough to find the place, or else we would have been drenched in the rain.” Chu Li said, looking at the rain.

“Yes, Captain Li.”

“We are really lucky.”

“…”

Everyone agreed and placed the ghost-repel talisman on the rocks so that ghosts wouldn’t appear near them.

------

Back to the time when everyone separated, Lin Qian’s team. ---

“Let’s look around first while walking.” Lin Qian said carefreely, looking at his team.

“Okay, Boss.”

“Sure Boss.”

“…”

Everyone agreed with Lin Qian and started to look around while slowly walking.

Soon, time passed by.

“Roar!!”

A huge roar echoed through the air as a ferocious animal approached the team.

“This-is.”

“Who-oa.”

“Ru-unn.”

“…”

Lin Qian’s team were utterly shocked in fear, looking at the huge animal in front of them.

A huge bear was standing in front of Lin Qian’s team.

The bear stood over four meters tall, its fur a deep brown hue. Merely by glancing at it, one could discern its thick hide, impervious to many forms of attack.

[ Mountain Bear

{Mortal Level}

HP: 450/450

Strength: 58

Agility: 21

Defence: 52

Constitution: 45

Vitality: 23 ]

“Run, run for your lives.” Lin Qian said, looking at his status.

[ Name: Lin Qian

Body Realm: Mortal

{Rank 0 Status}

HP: 150/150

Strength: 35 (+3)

Agility: 25 (-1)

Defence: 28 (+3)

Constitution: 15

Vitality: 19 ]

Hearing Lin Qian’s words, everyone started to run in different directions.

“Roar.” The bear roared and looked at the kids; saliva dripped from its mouth.

Lin Qian managed to run, but the other kids didn’t even move. They just stood in one place due to fear.

“They are very unlucky; to meet a mountain bear in the beginning itself.” Coach Wang muttered, feeling pity for them.

He rushed out to help them.

“Roar!” Just when the bear was about to punch a kid, he took the kid out of the bear’s way.

“You are eliminated, kid.” Coach Wang said plainly, looking at the kid, who was still shaking in fear.

[ Ding! You failed the Quest!

Village Chief's Quest: Survive for a month in Mist Mountain Forest ]

“Roar.” The bear roared in anger and rushed towards him.

He just looked at the mountain bear. The bear felt a chill when its eyes met Coach Wang’s eyes.

“Roar.” The bear understood that it could not deal with him, so it decided to run away.

Mountain Bear ran away quickly, leaving everyone behind.

The kids who were in fear calmed down, seeing the bear running away.

“Eliminated, we are eliminated!” The kids realized the situation after calming down.

“Yes, you all are eliminated.” Coach Wang said with a smile, looking at the pale kids.

[ Ding! You failed the Quest!

Village Chief's Quest: Survive for a month in Mist Mountain Forest ]

-----

[ Ding! You failed the Quest!

Village Chief's Quest: Survive for a month in Mist Mountain Forest ]

-----

[ Ding! You failed the Quest!

Village Chief's Quest: Survive for a month in Mist Mountain Forest ]

--------------

-------

[ Ding! You failed the Quest!

Village Chief's Quest: Survive for a month in Mist Mountain Forest ]

Everyone got a notification.

“Are all of us eliminated?” Lin Qian asked sadly, feeling very unlucky.

Lin Qian stopped running after seeing Coach Wang coming to save them.

“Well, yes. You all didn’t even bother to run, which would mean death except for Xiao Qian, but how about checking the direction you were running?” Coach Wang asked back after explaining to the kids with a huge smile.

“Is there a problem, coach?” Lin Qian asked, believing that there was no problem in the direction he escaped.

“Why don’t we check?” Coach Wang said plainly, walking in the direction that Lin Qian escaped.

Kids followed Coach Wang, and they were utterly shocked, looking at the scene in front of them.

“Roar.”

A group of wolves were looking at Lin Qian’s team ferociously.

“Th-is.”

“Who-a.”

“…”

Lin Qian would be dead, as wolves were hiding in there.

The entire Lin Qian's team is eliminated!

“Not just in this direction. We are surrounded by wolves in all directions.” Coach Wang said, looking at the wolves, which were salivating.

“Roar”

All the kids once again started to shake in fear as wolves roared, but quickly regained confidence, seeing that Coach Wang was calm.

“Th-is.” Lin Qian muttered, looking shocked at the wolves slowly surrounding them from all sides.

“That bear and this group of wolves should be a team.”

“Their teamwork is quite perfect, don’t you think?” Coach Wang asked, feeling that this group of wolves was enough to train these kids.

“Teamwork.” All the kids looked at the wolves angrily.

“So, what now?” Lin Qian asked sadly, feeling a chill thinking of his future training with coaches with no free time.

“After getting eliminated, you all have to follow the coach’s arrangement, right?” Coach Wang asked with a huge smile, looking at the kids.

“Yes.” Lin Qian and everyone else answered while feeling chilly.

“Good, I will supervise your training. First, you will overcome your fear by killing one of these wolves.” Coach Wang said, looking at the kids who were pale.

The Wolves didn’t move and dared to run as Coach Wang glanced at them.

The wolves felt that they would die when he looked at them; they were so afraid that they didn’t even have the courage to run.

“Roar.”

Wolves weakly roared.

[ Ordinary Wolf

{Mortal Level}

HP: 200/200

Strength: 21

Agility: 24

Defence: 18

Constitution: 20

Vitality: 19 ]

-----

[ Ordinary Wolf

{Mortal Level}

HP: 200/200

Strength: 25

Agility: 23

Defence: 19

Constitution: 20

Vitality: 18 ]

------

----

[ Ordinary Wolf

{Mortal Level}

HP: 210/210

Strength: 22

Agility: 24

Defence: 18

Constitution: 21

Vitality: 18 ]

----

Lin Qian first checked the status of the wolves and decided on the weak wolf.

He arrived in front of the wolf and drew his sabre.

Slice!

[ Ding! You used the 'Basic Saber Technique' ]

[ Ding! Vital hit!

-200 HP

You killed an Ordinary Wolf!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

Lin Qian beheaded the wolf by surprise.

“Roar.” The wolves roared angrily, looking at him, and rushed towards him, but Coach Wang just hummed, making the wolves stop in fear.

Lin Qian didn’t fear, unlike others, because he once killed a ferocious animal, which was caught alive by his father.

“Good, good.” Coach Wang praised Lin Qian, looking at his clean kill.

Coach Wang pressed a single wolf under his foot.

“Now, are you still afraid?” Coach Wang asked, pointing to a kid.

“Ro-ooarr.” The kid looked at the struggling wolf under Coach Wang’s leg and gained courage.

“Then come.” Coach Wang said, signaling to the kid.

[ Ding! Critical hit!

-120 HP

-100 HP

You killed an Ordinary Wolf!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-----

[ Ding! Critical hit!

-100 HP

-100 HP

You killed an Ordinary Wolf!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

----

[ Ding! Critical hit!

-100 HP

-50HP

-50HP

You killed an Ordinary Wolf!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

-------

---

[ Ding! Critical hit!

-100 HP

-20 HP

-50HP

You killed an Ordinary Wolf!

You gained 0.2 Exp ]

All the kids slowly killed one wolf on their own, under the watchful eye of Coach Wang. No one was strong like Lin Qian, so they took two or three attacks to kill.

In between, wolves tried to run away, disregarding their fear, but Coach Wang appeared in front of them and smashed them into a paste, making them stay still.

“Good, now your next training is…….”

A team has already been eliminated; now only seven teams remain.

-----------

The other two teams weren’t as unlucky as Lin Qian, but they were also not as lucky as the other teams.

The last two teams are Lin Ha and Lin Rui.

Lin Ha’s team. ----

“Boss Lin, what about food and water?” Lin Shirui asked, feeling hungry.

“Sleep for today; we will search tomorrow.” Lin Ha said calmly, looking at the rain outside.

Everyone agreed with him and went to sleep.

"Well, they didn’t manage to find water and food. It’s not uncommon," Coach Liu muttered, sensing that they had endured a challenging day.

Lin Rui’s team. ----

“Boss, it’s too cold.” Lin Qin said while shivering; he even hugged his shoulders.

“Yes, boss, it’s cold.”

“What’s with this rain?”

“Why did it rain?”

“…”

Everyone in Lin Rui’s team complained about feeling too cold.

“We don’t have shelter. We have to find it at any cost tomorrow.” Lin Rui said sternly, facing the problem of not having a shelter.

His team was lucky enough to find a horde of deer, which they hunted for food and ate.

His team took cover under trees, but it couldn’t reduce the cold.

“It’s a pity they couldn’t find shelter. If they don’t find shelter, they will be the first to be eliminated.” Coach Xue muttered, not knowing that one team had already been eliminated.

Sunset was completed as moonlight illuminated the forest.

“Roar.”

“Roar.”

Ferocious roars echoed once in a while.

End of the chapter._____________________________________________________________________________

Did you like the chapter?

Is novel title good? 'Surpassing the original protagonist'
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
6